Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 2 of 2[ 58 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 


Re: Pearl Fey ~ Ace Attorney - Juvenile CourtTopic%20Title
User avatar

Thanks, DKO

Gender: Male

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:44 pm

Posts: 47

Nate wrote:
IsaOfTheWorlds wrote:
Progress on Pearl Fey: Ace Attorney will be temporarily halted. All files related to the game were irrevocably deleted from my harddrive after a forced reformatting, and so all code for Turnabout Heroine will have to be manually rewritten.


NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO speaking of which, do you use the Court macro or the usual PyWright coding?


Standard PyWright coding.
Re: Pearl Fey ~ Ace Attorney - Juvenile CourtTopic%20Title
User avatar

I can't use pfp's from URLs ;-;

Gender: Male

Location: el reino del futbol prro :v

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:53 pm

Posts: 13

IsaOfTheWorlds wrote:
Nate wrote:
IsaOfTheWorlds wrote:
Progress on Pearl Fey: Ace Attorney will be temporarily halted. All files related to the game were irrevocably deleted from my harddrive after a forced reformatting, and so all code for Turnabout Heroine will have to be manually rewritten.


NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO speaking of which, do you use the Court macro or the usual PyWright coding?


Standard PyWright coding.


O ok
Good evening. Nate here.
Re: Pearl Fey ~ Ace Attorney - Juvenile CourtTopic%20Title
User avatar

Thanks, DKO

Gender: Male

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:44 pm

Posts: 47

As is standard for me to say when discussing the validity of Pearl Fey: Ace Attorney ~ Juvenile Court as a fangame, I will say:

"The intent is to establish an unorthodox setting, comical premise and juvenile tone to present a qualitatively serious and full-sized Ace Attorney game that derives style from a humorous premise and a juxtaposition between the simplicity and superficiality standard for grade school children with the complexity of an Ace Attorney case and characters."

Even despite the humorous implications of the premise and such, however, some people have noted that thanks to the simultaneous attempt to present a legitimate and serious story, using the proposed comedy and ostensibly silly premise as a thematic and stylistic base, within the Ace Attorney universe, designating the city as "Japanifornia" seems a bit silly, and so to maintain consistency with the Ace Attorney canon, renaming it to the canonical "California" seems more fitting.

Popular decision wins. Do we persist with "Japanifornia" or do we change it to "California"?
Re: Pearl Fey ~ Ace Attorney - Juvenile CourtTopic%20Title
User avatar

7

Gender: Male

Location: The Other Side of Paradise

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Posts: 369

Is it even necessary to choose one or the other? Most of the games got by without specifically naming the setting.

If I recall correctly, the school itself was named after the setting, which could pose a problem... but in that case, I think having the school be named for the entire state of California would be kinda weird anyway.
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.
Re: Pearl Fey ~ Ace Attorney - Juvenile CourtTopic%20Title
User avatar

Dracarys!

Gender: Male

Location: In a courtroom, for some reason

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm

Posts: 1210

IsaOfTheWorlds wrote:
Progress on Pearl Fey: Ace Attorney will be temporarily halted. All files related to the game were irrevocably deleted from my harddrive after a forced reformatting, and so all code for Turnabout Heroine will have to be manually rewritten.


Definitely back up all of your files and folders on a site like Dropbox or Google Drive. That way if anything ever happens to your computer, all of your stuff will still forever be on the cloud.

I gotta say that out of the fangames I have seen currently in production, this one holds some of the most promise. Hope you're able to get everything back on track again... Looking forward to playing it!
Re: Pearl Fey ~ Ace Attorney - Juvenile CourtTopic%20Title
User avatar

Thanks, DKO

Gender: Male

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:44 pm

Posts: 47

Ropfa wrote:
Definitely back up all of your files and folders on a site like Dropbox or Google Drive. That way if anything ever happens to your computer, all of your stuff will still forever be on the cloud.


My team has chided me well enough for not having the foresight to back it up before, aha... Thank you for reminding me, though, because even then, I still have yet to back it up despite the files being more than up-to-date now.

On a positive note, the files getting cleaned out gave me the incentive to clean out outdated information and work on dialogue that was certainly something of a fix-upper, so whether you wanna call it a silver-lining or a blessing in disguise, it definitely did work out.

Ropfa wrote:
I gotta say that out of the fangames I have seen currently in production, this one holds some of the most promise. Hope you're able to get everything back on track again... Looking forward to playing it!


Thanks very much! Having loved your fangame, knowing that you're looking forward to PF:AA is a big motivator. I still hope the game meets your generous expectations.
Re: Pearl Fey ~ Ace Attorney - Juvenile CourtTopic%20Title
User avatar

Mia Payne

Gender: Male

Location: Winning All My God Damn Cases

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:11 am

Posts: 1335

Hey at least they're back to where you left off. Hopefully that means case one'll be completed soon
Re: Pearl Fey ~ Ace Attorney - Juvenile CourtTopic%20Title
User avatar

Thanks, DKO

Gender: Male

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:44 pm

Posts: 47

Blizdi wrote:
Hopefully that means case one'll be completed soon


You'd think that. I'm still in the process of trying to get a demo together.
Re: Pearl Fey ~ Ace Attorney - Juvenile CourtTopic%20Title
User avatar

Mia Payne

Gender: Male

Location: Winning All My God Damn Cases

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:11 am

Posts: 1335

IsaOfTheWorlds wrote:
Blizdi wrote:
Hopefully that means case one'll be completed soon


You'd think that. I'm still in the process of trying to get a demo together.


oh boy a demo
Re: Pearl Fey ~ Ace Attorney - Juvenile CourtTopic%20Title
User avatar

Thanks, DKO

Gender: Male

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:44 pm

Posts: 47

I may as well show off some sprites and screenshots for the sake of showing that progress *is* actually being made, though.

Most of the sprites were separated from their sheets for the sake of conserving space.

Spoiler: Pearl Fey Sprites
ImageImageImageImage
Image


Spoiler: Clarka Kentwood Sprites
ImageImageImage
Image


Spoiler: Shamus Flatwood Sprites
ImageImageImage
Image


Spoiler: Johann Waterson Sprites
ImageImageImage
Image


Spoiler: Screenshots
Image
Image
(Only select few pieces of evidence) Image
Re: Pearl Fey ~ Ace Attorney - Juvenile CourtTopic%20Title
User avatar

Mia Payne

Gender: Male

Location: Winning All My God Damn Cases

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:11 am

Posts: 1335

IsaOfTheWorlds wrote:
I may as well show off some sprites and screenshots for the sake of showing that progress *is* actually being made, though.

Most of the sprites were separated from their sheets for the sake of conserving space.

Spoiler: Pearl Fey Sprites
ImageImageImageImage
Image


Spoiler: Clarka Kentwood Sprites
ImageImageImage
Image


Spoiler: Shamus Flatwood Sprites
ImageImageImage
Image


Spoiler: Johann Waterson Sprites
ImageImageImage
Image


Spoiler: Screenshots
Image
Image
(Only select few pieces of evidence) Image


I see a typo in the first screenshot. "blanekt" instead of "blanket" Sprites look very good nontheless
Re: Pearl Fey ~ Ace Attorney - Juvenile CourtTopic%20Title
User avatar

Lexicon of Knowledge

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 4440

I have to agree, they look quite nice.
Click on the picture below.
Image
Re: Pearl Fey ~ Ace Attorney - Juvenile CourtTopic%20Title
User avatar

I can't use pfp's from URLs ;-;

Gender: Male

Location: el reino del futbol prro :v

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:53 pm

Posts: 13

Nice sprites bro

Speaking of which I still gotta try drawing Clarka, Lexi and Vandal again (and maybe draw Pearl too)

PLZ just lemme do that and then burn the project to the ground :larry:

jk
Good evening. Nate here.
Re: Pearl Fey ~ Ace Attorney - Juvenile CourtTopic%20Title
User avatar

Thanks, DKO

Gender: Male

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:44 pm

Posts: 47

They're courtesy of Double KO. I'm sure she's happy to know you like her work.

Blizdi wrote:
I see a typo in the first screenshot. "blanekt" instead of "blanket"


Yeah, sorry. I pulled an old screenie. The new line, typo fixed, is "This Payne is being a bit of a wet blanket, so what say we go and run her right through the wringer?".
Re: Pearl Fey ~ Ace Attorney - Juvenile CourtTopic%20Title
User avatar

Unrepentant Projectile Spammer

Gender: None specified

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:16 pm

Posts: 105

me gusta you guys gusta
Re: Pearl Fey ~ Ace Attorney - Juvenile CourtTopic%20Title
User avatar

Wait this isn't Burger King

Gender: Male

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:30 pm

Posts: 15

IsaOfTheWorlds wrote:
Spoiler: Pearl Fey Sprites
Image


Spoiler:
That's one screwed-up hand right there


Aside from that, they look p nice.
Image
New PyWright Fangame in the Works! 6 cases! No thread yet because I just joined!
Re: Pearl Fey ~ Ace Attorney - Juvenile CourtTopic%20Title
User avatar

Mia Payne

Gender: Male

Location: Winning All My God Damn Cases

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:11 am

Posts: 1335

Perfect hands are super damn hard. I don't think I've seen a fan sprite (that isn't a frankensprite made of official sprites) with perfect hands yet
Re: Pearl Fey ~ Ace Attorney - Juvenile CourtTopic%20Title
User avatar

Wait this isn't Burger King

Gender: Male

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:30 pm

Posts: 15

Blizdi wrote:
Perfect hands are super damn hard. I don't think I've seen a fan sprite (that isn't a frankensprite made of official sprites) with perfect hands yet

I was referring to the anatomy, since it's a good looking sprite, but I get your point.

Spoiler:
I hate drawing hands too sometimes.

Image
New PyWright Fangame in the Works! 6 cases! No thread yet because I just joined!
Page 2 of 2 [ 58 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 1 guest

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO