Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 1 of 1[ 5 posts ]

Circle of The Turnabout (Originally a Game Jam Entry)Topic%20Title

Wait this isn't Burger King

Circle of the Turnabout

Spoiler: (Withheld) Hi-Res Case Art
Was redacted due to containing possible spoilers, and I thought it could be a dumb idea to possibly spoil a game before it's even finished, so sorry about that. :sadshoe:

Circle of the Turnabout is a fancase, made to serve as a "what-if", ultimate final case scenario. Planned so far is a one day Investigation and Trial, with you revisiting Eagle Mountain once more to investigate the murder of [redacted for surprise]. While you don't trust the defendant as much as you'd like, you're willing to take the case to find the truth. But once you begin to unravel the truth, you begin to realize how much the past of it all tries to continue and repeat itself over and over. So you end up left with two choices you'd never thought would become so different from each other: to seek the truth, or to seek justice...

Originally a short demo for a Game Jam, and it was more of a 5 minute preview than anything, but rest assured I will finish the rest of the game eventually. Due to school and other projects of mine and whatnot, however, I really don't have the time to focus too much on it right now. But rest assured, the game is far from dead or cancelled.

Screenshots:
Spoiler: Screenshots
ImageImage
ImageImage

Download link to the very short demo: (withheld in order to rework on it, as I'm not satisfied with it and it's ridiculously short anyway, like 5 minutes)

Special Thanks:
Ropfa, for getting me into casemaking and for his tutorials.
FerirDarkWolf, for character sprites.
Lind, for character sprites.
Anyare, for Older Pearl's sprites.
Sligneris, for Older Phoenix's sprites.
AABattery, for part of the case art.
Ace Attorney Discord Community, for helping me on getting resources.
The Game Jam Discord, for displaying this project.
And to you, for checking this post. :will:

Please leave feedback or critique on anything, really. While not the first project I worked on, it's the first one I released, so please report on any obvious or not-so-obvious issues with it (it was kinda rushed for the Game Jam :sadshoe:).
I do things.

Last edited by DannyPlaysSomeGames on Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:19 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Re: Circle of The Turnabout (Game Jam Entry)Topic%20Title

Poop joke

Just leaving some detailed feedback here!

Pros:

- I appreciate that the introduction is as dynamic as it is. It's a breath of fresh air to see an intro that isn't a black screen with text over it, especially given the limited development time. I also like that it gives off a bit more of an actual spiritualism vibe.

- The artstyle is consistent, and so is the music. It makes everything feel fairly coherent, and there's no jarring moment of "Oh, that sprite style is radically different!" that I feel fangames fall into the trap of a bit too often. Keep up a discerning eye for that.

- I do like the short focus on how Nick felt about the incident. It sorta makes it more real.

Cons:

- The text in the intro does get very redundant very fast. "Life goes on, and ends" in a variety of different ways got noticeable really fast, and started showing off a "fake-deep" vibe. Maybe expand upon what's actually said here, do some research into spiritualism and see what they do.

- There's a fair amount of spelling errors around, but it's still mostly fine.

- I do think you should choose a different background for the channeling chamber, or at least edit it. Maybe change the colors up to give it a different vibe.

There really wasn't much to talk about unfortunately. It's fairly well put together, everything feels like it should be there, and the artwork is consistent in style. Everything feels about right for a trilogy-style case, but I don't really have much to focus on here besides that.
Re: Circle of The Turnabout (Game Jam Entry)Topic%20Title

lazyplague wrote:
Cons:

- The text in the intro does get very redundant very fast. "Life goes on, and ends" in a variety of different ways got noticeable really fast, and started showing off a "fake-deep" vibe. Maybe expand upon what's actually said here, do some research into spiritualism and see what they do.

*rips off mask*
*is revealed to be Tetsuya Nomura*
"ACTUALLY IT HAS COMPLEX MEANING BECAUSE-"

Yeah, the intro is kind of redundant at points, and I definitely ended up adding more than I wanted to fit the music, but I promise to edit it and try and make it sound less redundant.
I do things.
Re: Circle of The Turnabout (Originally a Game Jam Entry)Topic%20Title

What's a Court Records?

A little sad that I missed my chance to download it, but I'll try to be patient. :)
Why am I even here?

YouTube Twitter Tumblr Steam Discord
Re: Circle of The Turnabout (Originally a Game Jam Entry)Topic%20Title

Dollarluigi wrote:
A little sad that I missed my chance to download it, but I'll try to be patient. :)

Yeah, sorry, I was kind of upset how rushed and little there was to it, so I wanted to work on it more (although sadly, due to being busy with life and other projects of my own, I haven't been able to do much). I will try to make sure it will get finished eventually.
I do things.
Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Games