Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 1 of 41[ 1639 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 41  Next

Phoenix Wright: Remnants of the PastTopic%20Title

Nyaaaaan~ Moé Powers Go!

Welcome! This topic is for information on my fangame, Remnants of the Past.

Many thanks to Ceres for the box art.

This game was announced near the time of PWLib 1.1's release, and the game will try its absolute best to fit into the original trilogy timeline. I now have a decent knowledge of the PWLib library, and have also recruited a large group of wonderful Court Records members for assistance in the many categories needed for this game. I am hoping to release this on PWLib 1.2, as the updated engine will hold many key functions that are necessary for the game.

At the moment, the demo is being created, which will be the first case in its entirety. As I juggle university, a job, 2 other projects, and youth group leader work, I have run into many problems involving time. Thanks to many generous members of this forum, the game now has a program team to assist with the programming.

This complete update of the first post is to announce that I have returned from my relief aid trip in Africa. According to the leaders of the project, we may return within a few months to finish up what we couldn't this time. However, with the spare time that has opened up, I am announcing that the game will be my first priority now. Scripts will be written for all of you remaining program team members, and I will update all the help request threads as well. I will post all the characters I need, and everything else you need to know. If you can assist with graphics or music, please click one of the links below:

Assist with Graphics/Voices/Movies: sprites/remnants-the-past-music-contest-check-remix-forum-t12148.html#p731822

Assist with Music: remix/remnants-the-past-the-musical-contest-enter-now-t17631.html

Updated case selection screenshots! Thanks again for HarumiFey for the collaboration pictures and to Greeny for the improved button graphics!

Trailer Amended! All errors fixed. All credit goes to immo_love for the production of the video.

http://blip.tv/file/4090243/

This next section is to display all of those who have helped with the game. It's been a while, so please let me know (via PM) which of the sections below you assisted in. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

The dancing Sakura petals; only in such grace do we see the beauty of the world.
Lovely wife PandaPrinzessin, charismatic sons Meenyman and Romeo, and talented daughters Reiji and sparkleranger78.

Last edited by papermario13689 on Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:22 pm, edited 59 times in total.
Re: Phoenix Wright: Remnants of the PastTopic%20Title

Otaku, #1 Machi fan, #2 Machi Fan

Wow.

Just wow.

This sounds awesome. Are you sure you can do it? :hobohodo:
ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOGANT

Wow, that's loooooooooong.

Why no Edgeworth? Is the first case Godot or Payne?

"The Turnabout Returns" might sound better as "Return of the Turnabout". Will it require knowledge of the original cases?

"He must recover this memory in order to return to the present." Where did that come from?

Also, everything he said.

Nyaaaaan~ Moé Powers Go!

Thanks for the supportive comments!

I am still in the process of learning some of the harder commands in PWLib, so I have requested a little bit of help from some other members from this site. Once I am sure that they can help out, I will add them to my GyakutenWiki page.

Also, since I want to make it a bit different from Bridge to the Turnabout, I wanted it to be The Turnabout Returns:D

And you don't need any recollection of previous game facts to play this game, because I plan to add flashbacks just like the real game itself.

Edgeworth isn't a prosecutor because this game is planned to be set in between the cases of PW: Justice For All, and PW: Trials and Tribulations. So, I decided to use the two prosecutors from the games:D *whispers*plus, I don't have Edgeworth sprites for PWLib.-_- The first case will be Payne, just to keep the tradition going:D

Finally, the statement you asked about is connected to the main story. Phoenix, in his older age(after Apollo Justice the game), returns to the Mason System to recover memories of some of the cases he has forgotten about due to the loss of his Attorney's Badge. In order to return to the present after the system malfunctions and sends him to the past, Phoenix has to go through all the cases, and recover his memories.

Thanks for all the support! Please let me know if the GyakutenWiki site has any contradictions from the real game, cause I want everyone to have a fangame that feels like a real PW game:D
The dancing Sakura petals; only in such grace do we see the beauty of the world.
Lovely wife PandaPrinzessin, charismatic sons Meenyman and Romeo, and talented daughters Reiji and sparkleranger78.

I'd say

Wow, that's quite a lot of info there, Looks interesting.

Can't wait to see what you can come up with. :P

Nyaaaaan~ Moé Powers Go!

Thanks, I appreciate it. Hopefully the story is non-contradictory, so it fits in with the real storyline. With the amount of waiting between the release of each PW game, I hope to release many games like this to keep people happy until the real games arrive:D
Re: PW: Remnants of the Past - A must see story/PWLib fangame!Topic%20Title

AIGE/PWLib Casemaker Developer

Good luck in your game. If you need any assistance on PWLib, let me know.
PWLib 1.2 Under Development

PWLib Casemaker (Version 1.1) at http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=8788

PWLib / AIGE developer

KSA_Tech wrote:
Good luck in your game. If you need any assistance on PWLib, let me know.
I have offered, via PM as requested, to code for him if he so desires, and I can then teach him various parts about the coding if he seeks to learn from it.
If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything!
"(Not)Guilty" for PWLib | Emergency Case Selection Fixes
Case 1-1 for PWLib | Pearl

Nyaaaaan~ Moé Powers Go!

I am grateful for the offers of assistance. All I've really done is take a look over the tutorial, so I'm basically still a beginner. However, I will learn how it works, so I'm not 100% dependent on the busy people to help me script.

I hope this project turns out well, as my goal is to make this as it was the next Phoenix Wright game. (I plan to make an Apollo Justice game as well, but I shouldn't plan too far ahead; I DO have an intensely long game to make right now :godot:

Anyways, thanks for everything, and please, continue to make posts so more people can see this:D

That was objectionable!

Uh... You wouldn't happen to have the script (dialog) written for the cases, would you?
Image<--- Friend me!

In The Middle of It Now

Sounds good.

The moment this starts being scripted, the moment I pay interest.

Bwaaah!

Prosecutor Manella wrote:
Sounds good.

The moment this starts being scripted, the moment I pay interest.

Indeed. I'd like to see some work before I become impressed and start overhyping.

So... are the cases going to be intertwined? Like, will the first case and the cases after be related?

Also, are you going to need a lot of custom sprites?
GENERATION 22: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

The Rocking Attorney

I'd like to hwlp, just PM, if you...well...are...actually interested in my help >_>

Nyaaaaan~ Moé Powers Go!

Thanks again for all the positive comments!

The script(story)is currently being written by me, and I can release it after I finish the first case script.

Screenshots will also be posted on the GyakutenWiki site once I have some of the game started.

The episodes will be semi-intertwined, mostly because of the fact that Phoenix needs to find out why the Mason System malfunctioned in each episode. I sure hope to make the 5th episode a "Phoenix Wright memorable" like Bridge to the Turnabout.

I will start the scripting veeerrry soon, perhaps even tomorrow. I will constantly update my GyakutenWiki page and this thread so everyone can stay in the loop:D

Also, GenoWhirl, I really appreciate the help! What are your specialties in PWLib/PW?

If you'd like to help, please PM me on this site, andplease continue to post your remarks and questions so other can see:D

Please keep watching this thread for info on the story, scripting, screenshots, and the walkthrough.

Thanks!

In The Middle of It Now

So, will the MASON system be in effect here, or is it Investigation?

Nyaaaaan~ Moé Powers Go!

I had a quick thought about that, actually.

Unless someone is skilled enough to animate the Mason System successfully, and bring it into PWLib, I might just have to stick with Investigation.

However, your guess was my original intent.

In The Middle of It Now

Ah, I see.

What about sprites and such?

Nyaaaaan~ Moé Powers Go!

Sprites? Do you perhaps mean custom sprites and Mason System sprites? *whispers* If not, sorry:D

Anyways, I have put up the comment requesting help on the first post, and custom sprites and Mason System are up there. I hope everyone can help out, I hope to make this game a huge success.

In The Middle of It Now

Ok, give me a character to make look older.

Nyaaaaan~ Moé Powers Go!

Perhaps...Lana Skye? I need her in the first case.

Thanks for the help!
Re: PW: Remnants of the Past - THE Next PW game, now recruiting!Topic%20Title

In The Middle of It Now

Ooh, I know. Take off her medals, since she got Fired.

I'm on it.

Nyaaaaan~ Moé Powers Go!

Good thinking! And the bandage on her hand is no longer there?

Thanks for the help, by the way.

In The Middle of It Now

Can do.

This is gonna be a while, OK?

Nyaaaaan~ Moé Powers Go!

Please, take your time! Your offer to help is enough at the moment:D

Nyaaaaan~ Moé Powers Go!

Update! I am coding the screenshots by themselves so everyone gets what they deserve:D

Keep checking back, I'll have screenshots up tomorrow at the latest.

Detective... Well, not yet.

I PMed you for a job to edit sprites ^^

Nice, I can't wait for it to come out XD
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9912 < --- Franziska X Phoenix Fan Fiction =P

<insert awesome signature that totally PWNS here>
Current AA Project: Turnabout... Love?

Nyaaaaan~ Moé Powers Go!

Thanks for the comments:D

I received your PM and I thank you for the help.

I'm currently making the screenshots for the game, so more people can see this topic.

Nyaaaaan~ Moé Powers Go!

The first screenshots are up! Go to the GyakutenWiki link in the first post, and go to Turnabout of the Past to see the shots.

I'm working on 2 shots per case, so keep checking back here for more!

The Rocking Attorney

OMG HACKS OF TEH LANA

also, about shelly de killer

does it include teh walkie talkie >_>?

Nyaaaaan~ Moé Powers Go!

If possible, yes. If I can't get any Shelly files, I have an alternative plan as well:D

But...have you seen the GyakutenWiki page? It's got 2 cases with screenshots already :godot:

The Rocking Attorney

Vitamin square = recipe for the turnabout?

adnd about shelly, oh well, might as well go get my lazy butt working on edgeworth >_>

Nyaaaaan~ Moé Powers Go!

The Vitamin Square is where Phoenix was investigating, when he finds a certain someone.

I hear you're working on Edgeworth. Although I have no use for him in my game, it'll make hundreds of other people happy. Keep up the good work:D

In The Middle of It Now

Lana's Casual Outfit is half done.

Maybe I should do HoboLana?

I'd say

Aren't you being a bit presumptious in calling it "the NEXT PW game"?
Let's first see some results before making such a claim.

In response to your PM
And, sorry but no, I'm not really interested, already busy with 2 projects atm.
Good luck with this, I'l be checking back!

Nyaaaaan~ Moé Powers Go!

To Prosecutor Manella: Half-done already?! Impressive... But a hoboLana sounds...just different:D

To Ceres: I know I'm making a huge claim here, but I WILL follow through, you have my word on that. I'm not releasing it until it has been beta tested and everything is to perfection. Also, it's okay that you can't help out. With your amazing skills, I'm sure you have so much else to do. Thanks anyways!

In The Middle of It Now

papermario13689 wrote:
To Prosecutor Manella: Half-done already?! Impressive... But a hoboLana sounds...just different:D

To Ceres: I know I'm making a huge claim here, but I WILL follow through, you have my word on that. I'm not releasing it until it has been beta tested and everything is to perfection. Also, it's okay that you can't help out. With your amazing skills, I'm sure you have so much else to do. Thanks anyways!

Yeah, I meant like one pose.

If you want a full Lana Sprite Sheet...

2 weeks plus, maybe?

Nyaaaaan~ Moé Powers Go!

If you're willing, that'd be really great!

Remember, you don't have to do this if you don't want to.

(On the D.L., I've started scripting the game itself)

In The Middle of It Now

papermario13689 wrote:
If you're willing, that'd be really great!

Remember, you don't have to do this if you don't want to.

(On the D.L., I've started scripting the game itself)

Trust me.

I'm going for a career in IT.

I have 3 things going for me here.

1) I'm immune to all things Carpal Tunnel related, so I can keep going.
2) I find this sorta thing fun.
3) It's good training.

I will have it ready, 2-4 weeks.

Nyaaaaan~ Moé Powers Go!

Wonderful!

A career in Info Tech? Sounds pretty awesome, good luck:D

And it sounds like those three things will certainly help out :phoenix:

Anyways, would I possibly be able to see the first sprite you edited? Don't want you to do all the work if something isn't right:D (Not criticizing your work in any way)

Otaku, #1 Machi fan, #2 Machi Fan

Ceres (slightly corrected) wrote:
Aren't you being a bit presumptious in calling it "THE next PW game"?
Let's first see some results before making such a claim.

This, I agree with. It sounds like THE idea, but the finished piece might not be so.
ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOGANT
Page 1 of 41 [ 1639 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 41  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Games