Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 5 of 12[ 478 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next

Re: PW AA: Trials after Justice Checkmate and Turnabout 2 out!Topic%20Title

Spoiler:
Judge:Ms.Fey.Does the defense have any proof that this man lost the chess game?

I went into the CR on that line and I can't exit out of it.Plus,I have no saves.Can I get some help?
Signature?I don't have one.Sorry.

What am I Prosecuting fooooooor!?

Thanks for the comments so far guys.

For Bad Player
Spoiler:
Yeah, I was gonna use Pursuit variation, but when I went to edit the song, there was something wrong with the MP3 file. It sounded low and some parts didn't come in very well.
You'll have to wait and see if Finn DOES show up again. :gant:

For Cardiovore

Spoiler:
I used a Sprite of Phoenix someone else made and applied some edits to it, and added some new sprites. King McQueen was drawn and made by me. As alot of people know, I'm not a fan of edits. I don't hate them, some people come up with some really good edits. But, I didn't want people to dissect the sprite I made and try and see what was used to make it. When you're introduced to new characters, they should look original, and that's what I aim to do for Trials after Justice.
I based King McQueen off of Richard Wellington, and Luke Atmey, as the two are almost alike.

Sorry about the Back buttons that show up when presenting guys. (Just don't press 'em!) When I was Working with Ferdi, he usually got those.

Also, Did anyone...
Spoiler:
See the Kitaki Easter Egg? :karate:

Here for my yearly login

I really want to play the game, but every time I try to open it in PyWright, PyWright just closes down straight away. Please help :payne:
Signatures are hard...

"Rabbits Attorney!"

Well.. some notes to be considered.. hehehe..
Spoiler:
on the scene the the examination background music become allergo(the faster one), when I present wrong evidence, hehehe, the music become moderato(the slower one)....

No fatal though.. hehehe :minuki:

Behold my rabbits...
ImageImageImageImageImage

AAO Trial Maker

I played it, and have to say, it's amazing. A real interesting trial, and great idea having to end a chess game. Although, as I suck at chess, it took me a long time to figure it out. XD

Detective Manson:

That might be because of the typo in intro.txt:

Code:
script Scene1

On non-windows systems, the file system is case sensitive so it wont find that file, and likely crash. If you edit games/Checkmate_and_turnabout 1_2/Checkmate and Turnabout/intro.txt and change the last line to "script scene1" it might work.

Unfortunately there might be many more such instances. I'll see if I can track them down. I'm working on an updated version of this case for PyWright downloads that has both parts in it, and maybe a few of the bugs (such as this one) fixed as well.
Creator of PyWright, the lovable case construction system!
Also visit the PyWright post.

Here for my yearly login

Thanks saluk, but sadly, fixing the typo didn't work. Thanks for trying anyway
Signatures are hard...

Can you post your logfile after a crash? logfile.txt on mac, lastlog.txt on windows. Do other PyWright games work? What platform are you on?

Here for my yearly login

Spoiler:
This log contains debugging and error messages from the last run.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "PyWright.py", line 31, in <module>
File "core\libengine.py", line 2385, in run
assets.cur_script.draw(pygame.screen)
File "core\libengine.py", line 532, in draw
o.draw(screen)
File "core\core.py", line 2649, in draw
self.case_screen()
File "core\core.py", line 2626, in case_screen
if os.path.exists(os.path.join(self.path,self.options[self.choice],"case_screen.txt")):
IndexError: list index out of range

There's the logfile, and yes, all other PyWright games work. Plus, I'm on Windows 7
Signatures are hard...

I'm playing Case 1-2 at the moment. I love the assistant Phoenix sprite! It's the closest looking to AA style of all your sprites. But I also caught that Street Fighter reference in that receipt. D. Hibiki. Classic.
Clickie the sig to go to my sprites! (Updated 10-14-10!)Court Records - The Game!
Thanks to PandaPrinzessin for the signature!
Son to Meenyman and kaisap112! Plus, brother to Madame Sho and Dawn!

(Sp)ace Detective

Loved it. The cross-examination dialogue was great, as were the crime scene photos/recollection images. Only real complaint is that Maya's sprites seemed noticeably low-res.

Oh, and King McQueen? Best minor villain ever.
Read my fic(s)!
Friedrich Nietzsche wrote:
We have no dreams at all or interesting ones. We should learn to be awake the same way — not at all or in an interesting manner.

Apollon Flame

Spoiler: King McQueen
Loved how his breakdown considered on shouting the names of famous chess champions. :)

A King

in name

alone...
Re: PW AA: Trials after Justice Episode 1 Complete.Topic%20Title

Hello everyone.
Just wanted to thank everyone who's played the game, and hope you all enjoyed it. If you know anyone else that hasn't played it yet... Bound and gag them, carry them to a computer, tape their eyes open and force them to play! ...Or if you want to do it in a way that doesn't involve the cops, just direct them to the game with a link or something. (i like my first idea better... :chinami:)

Time for a little progress report on the next episode: High School Turnabout.
Well I've gone and coded almost everything in the script. Just have to add in some dialogue for some certain area's like presenting and examining. I don't really know how to do the Present, Examine, Move, Talk, stuff so I'll wait on some people to help me with that.

Character animations are pretty much done and added in.
Just a few more expressions for another character and that'll be complete.
backgrounds, as you have seen, are done for the first part.
Just waiting on some Black and White pics and that'll be it.

I've been trying feverishly to find music artist to help with Luis Hawks theme, but haven't found anyone yet. I'm still trying though, but I may need to reconsider no song at all for him when it comes time to release the trial portion of the case.

Everything is looking good so far, so you can expect to see the next part of the game sooner then the last part came out.

DetectiveMansion: Two things -

Are you sure you extracted the files correctly? There should be a number of folders in pywright/games/checkmate and turnabout 1-2:

art, checkmate and turnabout, music, sfx

That error means it's looking for a case that doesn't exist. Another possibility is somehow you have a "last" file leftover from some other case. If so, try deleting the "last" file. Otherwise, wait for my combined pywright downloads checkmate and turnabout release later in the week that should (hopefully) work.

The first case was great, but also a bit too easy. I could feel everything coming except for
Spoiler:
the time that the chess set wasn't found and he hadn't brought it with him, but I got the solution before Phoenix said that the set must be somewhere else.

The ending was great, but I have a question about
Spoiler:
The chess-board puzzle. In order to win, does the king have to be fully 'surrounded' (so he can't move or he will be beaten) AND have to be unsafe at its current position? I guess the last thing must be true because both the Queen and the Knight were enough to accomplish the first. Anyway, that was probably wy I was a little confused.

The best era to make a fan game of Phoenix. After the events of JfA and before the events of T&T.

Pretty smart!

Yup I's sooper smarts I is!

invmat wrote:
The ending was great, but I have a question about
Spoiler:
The chess-board puzzle. In order to win, does the king have to be fully 'surrounded' (so he can't move or he will be beaten) AND have to be unsafe at its current position? I guess the last thing must be true because both the Queen and the Knight were enough to accomplish the first. Anyway, that was probably wy I was a little confused.

Spoiler:
We had it made that you had to trap King in one move and not two. Sure the game was practically over for the loser, but as long as they can make a move, the game isn't over yet, so you have to totally trap the king to win the game.

I may get some Luis Hawk theme music soon, so stay tuned for a sample of the song in the future.
Re: PW AA: Trials after Justice: Another call for helpTopic%20Title

Here we go again... :grey: After experimenting and head scratching, I have no idea what I'm doing in the Investigation phase of the next case for the game. So, AGAIN, I'm asking for assistance if you're able. I'm sorry for asking so much, but I am REALLY bad when it comes to figuring out scripts and such. Doing Code for the Move, present, Talk, and Examiantions, that kind of thing. Plus I'm working summer hours at my job and don't get enough time to really work on the game.

Blah!

Found a minor bug that sorta crashes the game in the combined game download (and may exist in the individual game too).
Spoiler: Gritty Details
In scene5.script.txt, there is a missing bracket. Find the only occurrence of the string "Yes, it would have!" and the missing bracket is soon after; it should come after wait manuel.
This does not make the game unfinishable, as this is bug happens when you present the wrong piece of evidence, but it prevents you from continuing if you got to that point.

invmat wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler: Explanation
A checkmate occurs when your king is in check (or in danger of being conquered in the next opponent's turn) and you cannot make any moves to move the king out of harm's way. A move that puts your king in check is not allowable (as you would lose the game instantly).

However, if you cannot make any moves without checking yourself AND the king is not currently checked (you must make a move on your turn), then the game ends in a stalemate. This is considered a draw, even though black should have won anyway. It's probably considered a draw because the player who would have likely won was not paying attention, or ending the game in a stalemate isn't as sporting as exercising the logic skills needed to get a checkmate. Throughout history stalemates have been treated differently, however, where sometimes it was a victory, half-victory, draw, or even a loss for the one with the advantage, but today a stalemate is universally accepted as a draw.

It would have been nice if this game mentioned that choosing the queen caused a stalemate, rather than saying that Maya's goal was to win the game in one move, rather than two (when in reality, no further moves could be made).
Re: PW AA: Trials after Justice: Another call for (program) helpTopic%20Title

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough before, but I'm in need of 'Programming' help for the investigation phase of the game.
I'm also sorry if I didn't word it better.
I've tried to do the investigation segment on my own, but learning this stuff just fly's over my head and I don't have time.

blahmoomoo wrote:
Found a minor bug that sorta crashes the game in the combined game download (and may exist in the individual game too).
Spoiler: Gritty Details
In scene5.script.txt, there is a missing bracket. Find the only occurrence of the string "Yes, it would have!" and the missing bracket is soon after; it should come after wait manuel.
This does not make the game unfinishable, as this is bug happens when you present the wrong piece of evidence, but it prevents you from continuing if you got to that point.

Thanks for reporting, I'll upload a new version.
Edit: version updated

SilentBob: if no one else will, I can help, but I'll be REALLY slow because I have so many other things to work on. Also, I haven't even finished this case yet :) but, slow is better than no progress.

Thanks Saluk. Sent ya a PM.

The name says it all.

I finished the game. HILARIOUS...its so epic. So funny =))) I keep cracking up when I remember it.

When's the next case coming out?

Apollon Flame

Spoiler: Gerpain and Payne
Why was it that Payne and Fin knew eachother? was it because Gerpain was a defense attorney that worked against Payne numerous times and one time they got to knew each other very well?

A King

in name

alone...

Blah!

Scent wrote:
Why was it that Payne and Fin knew eachother? was it because Gerpain was a defense attorney that worked against Payne numerous times and one time they got to knew each other very well?

Spoiler: Answer
Did you present the defense attorney's badge to Gerpain at the end of the game? That should explain it.

Apollon Flame

blahmoomoo wrote:
Scent wrote:

Spoiler: Answer
Did you present the defense attorney's badge to Gerpain at the end of the game? That should explain it.

No.
A King

in name

alone...

The name says it all.

>Scent: Well...
Spoiler:
You should have. It explains Finn Gerpain was an ex-defense attorney who worked with Marvin Grossberg. He personally knew Mia, which was why he had enormous trust and faith in Maya. And being an ex-defense attorney, he must have faced Payne before in trials. (as said by blahmoomoo)

Apollon Flame

dasupernerd25 wrote:
>Scent: Well...
Spoiler:
You should have. It explains Finn Gerpain was an ex-defense attorney who worked with Marvin Grossberg. He personally knew Mia, which was why he had enormous trust and faith in Maya. And being an ex-defense attorney, he must have faced Payne before in trials. (as said by blahmoomoo)

I do remember reading he was an acquaintance to her. But thanks for clarifying. :]
A King

in name

alone...
Re: PW AA: Trials after JusticeTopic%20Title

Just a note. Saluk put up a fixed version of Trials after Justice, up for download via PyWright. But wait a while to DL it. There a certain part that needs to be fixed first.
I'll have some things to show off later, but I'm waiting on a certain item before I do. Until then.

Apollon Flame

Good to know this project is still alive. :]
A King

in name

alone...

Scent wrote:
Good to know this project is still alive. :]

Yes, I've actually gotten a good chunk of work done today, thanks to the day off. The trial portion is looking pretty good so far. After that I need to work on the investigation portion of the game. (kinda working backwards, but hey, something IS getting done.) :garyuu:

Sorry to say that but I can't download any of the cases, maybe there is an upload limit at mediafire or something, please upload them again at megaupload or some other websites, also tell me how to play custom cases please, thanks.

PS : I know how to play, but are you sure that PyWright doesn't contain any viruses, cause my AVG is very sensitive and found something actually, but I played and am still worried. Anyways, thanks for the game.

LE_MALEM wrote:
Sorry to say that but I can't download any of the cases, maybe there is an upload limit at mediafire or something, please upload them again at megaupload or some other websites, also tell me how to play custom cases please, thanks.

PS : I know how to play, but are you sure that PyWright doesn't contain any viruses, cause my AVG is very sensitive and found something actually, but I played and am still worried. Anyways, thanks for the game.

Don't download them yet. There's a certain part in the second chapter that needs to be fixed. I'd rather you have a good playing experience without any error box's showing up.

PyWright doesn't have any viruses, as far as I know, so you should be safe.

I'll let you all know when it's cool to DL Checkmate and Turnabout soon.

Okay, small little update just to let everyone know what's going on.
I've finished the first half of the Trial, and am going iron it a bit when I get a chance (my special touch). Before that though, I'm gonna be working on the Investigation phase backwards. I'm staring from the last script.scene and going back because I don't wanna step on what Saluk is doing. I'll be using the new style menu setting, meaning that Talk, Present, ect. will all be in one readme file. For me, this is much easier, as I don't have to clutter my desktop with hundreds of windows. If someone wants to help by looking over what I've done and help fix any loose ends, it'll be appreciated.

On that note, stay tuned. I'll have some neat little things to share pretty soon. :wellington:
Re: PW AA: Trials after Justice First case up again!Topic%20Title

Okay folks! Checkmate and Turnabout is up again on the main page.
Saluk and I fixed some problems that popped up, when the new update went up, so it should be working fine now.

Some small changes have been made, but nothing drastic.

Wotter boy

Yay, this series is not dead, I'm humbly awaiting the nest case. :will:

Would it be possible to finally and completely merge the two parts of Case 1 into a single case? It gets confusing on the menu.

The official download has been merged for some time. The updated version on the main page, and on the downloader, should work in PyWright 0.980. I'm still working on a text alignment bug in 0.980 that may affect some games, so 0.976 is still the recommended PyWright version for playing (not developing) games.

Holy Monkeys! This place is back!
Well, In case you missed it in the last forum, I'll give a rundown on what's been going on.
High School Turnabout has 3 episodes up so far, with the 4th being worked on.
I'm pretty much working on the game script by myself, but am able to get alot done now, thanks to Saluk and Ferdielance's teachings.
If you wanna read what's been going on for the past year, head on over to the old Forum to see what's been up.
http://z11.invisionfree.com/court_recor ... =3758&st=0
Also, I'll post the Sneak Peek for for episode 4.
Also, CERES! If you're still around I wanna have a word with you concerning an idea I've been working on. :yogi: Just giving you a heads up I'll be contacting you soon.

Anyway, that's it. If things don't work out with the forums being back, I'll be posting back on the old forums then. Not that it's been bad. I was getting kinda used to it, but I have missed this area. I can finally update the title with breaking new again. :keiko:
Re: PW AA: Trials after Justice HighSchool Turnabout 1-3 is out!Topic%20Title

Just a teeny tiny report to make. Been making good progress with the script and am applying it to the game now. Trying to use the new evidence feature for PyWright. Also Sprites of the new character are looking pretty good. (Won't spoil it, You'll have to wait to see. :yogi: ) The game should be out about after the middle of August, or when school starts. (ha ha... :payne: )
Page 5 of 12 [ 478 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Games