Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 9 of 12[ 478 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Re: PW AA: Trials after Justice *update* and... a fandub!?Topic%20Title

Wotter boy

I just finished High School Turnabout after putting it off forever, and, damn, I was amazed at it all! I loved it! It made me feel a bit sorry for the killer though...
Re: PW AA: Trials after Justice *update* and... a fandub!?Topic%20Title

What am I Prosecuting fooooooor!?

Okay, so as I've gotten almost everything ready for the last part of case 3. And I've gotten 6 out of the 27 scripts done, but I have a feeling it's going to be a slow process again. If anyone can give a hand, please drop me a line. I just need to add a few more sprites and edit some music. :sadshoe:
Re: PW AA: Trials after Justice Need help to finish the caseTopic%20Title

Dracarys!

Send me a link to what you need over PM. Once I get done with my villain's breakdown sprite in TOTW, (which should be sometime in the next few days) I can help you with it.
Re: PW AA: Trials after Justice Need help to finish the caseTopic%20Title

Calling all you Beta-testers! I needed testers to help with the last chapter for Turnabout Daredevils! Comment below and let me know if you want to test the harsh waters in this last part of the trial! Yar!!

1.Ropfa :grey:
2.JockerTrack :will:
3.Outbreak95 :gant:

I'll only accept three. When you ask for testing, I'll add your name to the list! Get a move on ye hardees! ... (The hell's that even mean...?) :beef:

Last edited by SilentBobX on Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Re: PW AA: Trials after Justice Go Go Be-ta Test-errrrs!Topic%20Title

Dracarys!

Am I disqualified, since I was part of the programming?

Nonsense. You can help again if you want. Will send the file as soon as it's done downloading.

The world ends with you

Can I join? I beta-tested before.

JoekerTrack wrote:
Can I join? I beta-tested before.

Sent!

§

I volunteer my self to Beta testing, I have a lot of free time!
I've played every PyWright fangame, and I've enjoyed them all!
This may seem like a stupid question, but in beta testing, the only thing I have to do is play? And if I encounter any kind of error, then I tell you about it? Sorry, this would be my first time beta testing, but I have lots of free time, so I could finish playing it tomorrow!

Cheers :jake:
We do what we must because we can.

Sent.

Seasoned Animator

Um...

Bob, you mwant want to see this video here, around the 1:53 mark. That's al I'm saying. :uramidn:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl5QLKJFbqA
Like the creator of Final Fantasy, I'm better at telling a story.
If you need help animating Ace Attorney sprite sheets, I'm your man.

Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Project Justice - Co-developed with Hesseldahl
Case 1 - Nursing the Turnabout: Trial Former, Trial Latter

OrangeLightning wrote:
Um...

Bob, you mwant want to see this video here, around the 1:53 mark. That's al I'm saying. :uramidn:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl5QLKJFbqA

Yeah I saw it. I can give people conniptions and still make it fun. :keiko: :karma:
In other words, I'm awesome.

Ladies and gentlemen... Turnabout Daredevils is complete!!

Remember! before you download, you MUST have the latest version of PyWright installed. Otherwise you'll be plagued with error boxes as you play.

No preview pic this time. My computer keeps blue screening on me and I have to try and find a way to fix it. In the meantime, enjoy the 3rd episodes last act! It's a long one too! And don't forget to comment after you play. (Use spoilers tags) :keiko:

Last edited by SilentBobX on Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: PW AA: Trials after Justice Turnabout Daredevils completTopic%20Title

Only one truth, and I will explode it.

I love how the ending go. Nice! But poor Dera, I feel so sorry to her.
Lol Wright, *red face* ROFL =))

The world ends with you

I enjoyed it very much!! You have a knack for making an interesting story;) I wonder what's gonna be in the last case? Will it be three-days-case like classic ace attorney or two-days-case?

King Of The Cliffhanger

An awesome conclusion to a great case! Two things I absolutely loved about this part...
Spoiler:
1) The way we finally prove the killer guilty... I had completely forgotten about THAT!

Spoiler:
2) The Breaking Lecture from the killer at the end. I certainly felt bad for Dera (Glad she got a happy end!) but that little speech was really well-written, and largely true!

Also, I don't know if someone has pointed this out about PyWright yet (If so, then disregard!) but...
Although I prefer to think that Hawk just doesn't care about your life bar and will penalize you whatever he darn well pleases!
"Just when they think they've got the answers, I change the questions!"
'Rowdy' Roddy Piper

I'm glad everyone is enjoying the last part. ALOT of hard work was put into it, thanks to all the Beta-testers. Special thanks to Ropfa who helped put some of the scene scripts together.

I see what you mean, fuandon; The penalty threat going over the bar. When the threat is coded in it takes the number into account but not how much you have left. I guess it's something that needs to be brought up to saluk.

Thanks for the comments so far guys. I'll have news later about... Turnabout Legends.

I aspire what assists me

Hey Man the game is great but some chapters aren't working namely High School Turnabout, can you please do something, I'm not angry just very very disappointed, but not at you :yuusaku:

King Of The Cliffhanger

JordanKitsune wrote:
Hey Man the game is great but some chapters aren't working namely High School Turnabout, can you please do something, I'm not angry just very very disappointed, but not at you :yuusaku:

Out of curiosity, are you "ThePotatoProject" from youtube?

Either way, in order for anyone to help, you'll have to be more specific about what exactly the problem is. Is the case not starting for you? Is there an error keeping you from playing it? What version of PyWright are you using?
"Just when they think they've got the answers, I change the questions!"
'Rowdy' Roddy Piper

I know what the problem is. It's a a mistake on my part. Just go the the game chapter you need to play, open the intro txt file and inside tat text file change to script scene27 to script scene1. I was testing something out before and forgot to change it back.

Wotter boy

I'm playing the final chapter in Turnabout Daredevils, I get a couple of odd errors, y'know, where the brown box appears on the top screen?
And, for some reason, the first witness on the last part isn't showing up, background and all.

Did you update PyWright to version 0.987?

Wotter boy

SilentBobX wrote:
Did you update PyWright to version 0.987?

*facepalm*
No...
It seems to be working now that I've updated it.

I aspire what assists me

fuandon wrote:
JordanKitsune wrote:

Out of curiosity, are you "ThePotatoProject" from youtube?

Either way, in order for anyone to help, you'll have to be more specific about what exactly the problem is. Is the case not starting for you? Is there an error keeping you from playing it? What version of PyWright are you using?

Oh it's you (Plus it's "TheProjectPotato"),
As for my PyWright it's v.0.986 and it's always saying "Error loading scene 27" Something along the lines of that, I've tried updating it but the never updates it just stays on the same screen

Wotter boy

I just finished the case, and I must say,
that was the most disturbing breakdown I've ever seen.

I fixed the game where people were having trouble playing some of the chapters. Its in the same DL spot but if you don't feel like finding it here it is: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ix6q2ok7gbqr8h1

Will have news soon on what's going on with Turnabout Legends. :grey:

Bleh... I'm terrible when it comes to getting progress reports out. Okay, So! Let's get started!
First, I want to talk about the past cases. I'm going to go over them again and give them the treatment I've given chapter 5 of Turnabout Daredevils. In my opinion, that parts chapter is he hardest I've ever worked on a case. And also the most professional. So I want to try and give the past cases the same treatment, down to the Characters fadeings, fade ins and outs with music and backgrounds, ect. I DID run into a problem with Checkmate and Turnabout. It seems pretty unplayable with the macros (Characters animations don't behave the way they are supposed to and sometimes disappear altogether.) Wellington put in. Rather then do a work around, I'm going to get rid of the macro files and redo the case like I did the earlier ones. Macros are good to have for shortcut purposes, but there so much more you can do when you do game scripts the regular way. I might add a few things here and there, but nothing too drastic. I just want to make the game play well enough on the latest build of PyWright.
Okay, now time for the progress on Turnabout Legends. So far I've got about half the script done for the first chapter and am steadily getting more done day by day. However, That's pretty much all I have done. There are some character designs finished and some pics being worked on but not enough to have things finished anytime soon. There are going to be plenty of new characters introduced but I have to get them made first. Also, I have no backgrounds done either, but I should only need a few for the first chapter. So, progress is slow, but I'm trying to get as much done as possible.
Now for story tid-bits. I'll spoiler tag so ya'll don't start huff'n at me for giving away too much info.
Spoiler:
So, not too long after the SDSS case, (about 10 days) Maya and Phoenix are rummaging through some of Mia's old case files for documentation. There's a knock on the door from an old friend who wants to invite Maya and Nick to a celebratory dinner. Phoenix and Maya decide to go (When feasts are mentioned, Maya demands many pigs in a blanket served to her by the thousands.) :maya: and meet a few new characters and recent ones too. Later, an explosion is heard outside! A building is on fire with Phoenix Maya and Edgeworth looking on the damage when all of a sudden... Gumshoe comes out of the burning building... Needless to say, someone is killed and Gumshoe is the culprit.

That's all I'll share for now. Anyway, I'm also writing to say that don't expect to see the game anytime soon. I can tell you that this WILL be a long one. I plan on writing 9 chapters with LOT'S to discover, so I hope you'll stick around to see what I have planned. If anyone wants to help with re-scripting past cases, help is appreciated. :acro:
Until later, Bob X, Oooout! :godot:
Re: PW AA: Trials after Justice Progress report!Topic%20Title

9 chapters would be about 2 GS games, or are you referring to chapters in one turnabout(the time from beginning to first save point)?

Cases are refered to as Episodes and the segments (investigation, courtroom, investigation, courtroom.) I refer to as chapters. :yuusaku:

I started playing Trials after Justice a while ago and am now on the third case, so I thought I'd just say thanks for making it and let you know my thoughts on it!

Spoiler: Just in case?
I have to be honest and say when I started playing, I really did not like the first case! I mean I appreciate all the time and work that went into it, and it's absolutely a million times better than anything I could do, but it was so rough around the edges, especially with all the spelling and grammar mistakes (worst one - could 'have'!! 'HAVE'! Not 'of'! :zenitora: I won't go into details because I'm sure they've been pointed out before and you're sick of hearing it.

I have to say though, I am so glad I got through that case, because High School Turnabout was just awesome! The story was really good, and I especially like the flashback drawings. It was quite refreshing to have a killer that we all end up feeling sorry for! There were still quite a few spelling mistakes which made me cringe, it's just a shame to have that when the rest of it is so good. Another small thing that bothered me was the text in red, I feel like it happened too often for things that really didn't need to be highlighted in red. I don't know why that bothered me, it's probably just me.

I've just started the third case and I must say it's looking good. Looks like this game is just getting better and better, and I can't wait to play the rest :maya:

Once again I would like to reiterate - I don't mean to cause any offence, and I cannot even comprehend how much time and effort goes into these games! Just wanted to say thanks for making it so that lazy people like me can get our Ace Attorney fix :yogi:

Didn't mean that to be such an essay...

Amazing game, it gets better with every new case. "Turnabout Daredevils" is absolutely brilliant, made me really care for the characters, and Hawk is really growing on me, even though I didn't care about him much before. But you managed to made his story very intriguing and mysterious. Can't wait for the updates!
Image ImageImage

Too bad. Waluigi Time.

I beat Case 1 yesterday, absolutely loved it. Tried to play High School Turnabout, but I keep getting the error message " error opening script 'scene 27' ".

Video Game Addict and Workaholic

I'm at Turnabout Daredevils part 5... Not sure if anyone else is having this issue but the witness sprites are pitch black! they don't even appear. Is there a fix for this?

machinimator

(NO SPOILERS IN THIS POST)
Hey, guys! Just writing to say; I'm just a small part into the Daredevil case, and really enjoying it all so far. The cases and contradictions are very well-structured (unlike some other fanmade cases, I could actually go several evidence-presentations without worrying that I'd get a penalty!) and there's some very good sprite art at work here! Definitely something I'm gonna recommend to my other friends who play Ace Attorney.

The one thing I just want to comment on is that, while many aspects of the cases are really stellar, and far above what I'd be able to accomplish, one kind of sore spot is spelling and grammar. For instance, I often notice that whenever you're thinking of the plosive "Huh!?", it's combined with "Ugh" to write "Hugh!?" For a little while, I genuinely thought this was someone's name. (It would be pronounced "HEE-OO", or "hue"). I tend to overlook these once in a while, as you don't have a draconian QA department looming over your work, but I'm sorry to say, it actually started getting kind of bad the more I saw it. Certainly didn't ruin the cases, but occasionally the mood - a bit of a reminder that this wasn't some professional work (that's a compliment though! Otherwise, it tended to seem like something to come out of a sub-department of Capcom)

However, I'm kind of hoping that this is the one time a grammar nazi like myself could be somewhat appreciated in a thread. See, I don't know enough about PyWright to write my own cases, but certainly enough to make simple additions. One time in Contempt of Court, I actually edited a script to give myself evidence that, thanks to a glitch, I hadn't received in time for court. I'm sure that if you're going to work on the cases, it would be much more fun for you to keep working on forward progress than to scan all your previous writing for small spelling errors. It shouldn't be difficult for someone like me to make changes, and I would be avoiding anything more than simple text changes (PS; I am aware of the Judge's accidental misspeaking of the word "faith" instead of "fate", and Phoenix making fun of him). If you're not using Subversion, or some form of version control for your scripting work, then I could actually provide that for you (at the least, it would be one more place to keep things)

Please PM me if this sounds like a way that I could be useful! (If I recall correctly, I'll get E-mailed about PMs, but I can't be sure if I'll check this thread)
I'm gone for so long, and the colors got all psychedelic! Woohoo!

^
I'll consider it. Right now I'm really busy with real life fluff and am pretty behind on writing for Turnabout Legends. I'm aware my grammar is bad, but I haven't the time to go back and fix it at all. People tend to offer to fix this but sometimes they can't later on for some reason. If you're committed, I'll pay your for your services. (PayPal)

Monkeyplaysbass, try re-downloading the game if you have more problems. None of my beta-testers ever ran into the problem your having, so I don't know how I can help. Again, sorry. Very busy ATM.

machinimator

I'm aware of both issues; everyone has very limited time, and anyone working on something awesome in their spare time often has to manage that when they lose that spare time. Trust me, it's not an uncommon issue. And while writing a mystery is really exciting, spelling is admittedly something difficult to work up inspiration to spend time on.

From my experience working on personal projects, I don't think payment is a good idea. For one thing, I don't need it. For another, it sets up an uncomfortable set of obligations on both sides of the equation. I kind of just want to be able to say I added a little to something cool.

Even if my ability to help tapers off, the one thing I can commit to for a pretty long time is SVN; I bought myself a Raspberry Pi (a tiny computer) and managed to turn it into an SVN server. With a username/password, anyone on the internet can connect to it. Still, I'd say I can commit time to working on this - I'm through college, so I am able to manage my own time after work.

Theoretically, I could get started just with the released PyWright dialogue files, but I guess I first want to check A) that it's okay, B) if there's any files I'd need to do it most effectively.
I'm gone for so long, and the colors got all psychedelic! Woohoo!

^ Sure, you can work straight from the files.
It's funny. Burnie Burns from Rooster Teeth (Church from RvB) Writes the scripts for all the shows and has the same problem I do. He's lucky to have Matt Hallum proof read for him. (Or so I've heard during the DVD commentary.)
It's fine if you don't want to get paid, I'll make sure to credit you when the game is finished. I always feel that people should be well compensated for their hard work.
There's no deadline, so feel free to work on and off this.
Now if you'll excuse me, I've been up since 12 PM Tuesday, had to go to the court-house this morning and NOT get picked for jury (None of us did), and was forced to work overtime tonight. Zzzz's people. They're good for you. :yogi:

Too bad. Waluigi Time.

Detective Luke Atmey wrote:
I beat Case 1 yesterday, absolutely loved it. Tried to play High School Turnabout, but I keep getting the error message " error opening script 'scene 27' ".

Still having this problem. Can anyone provide a solution? Sorry if I'm being annoying. :payne:

Still having this problem. Can anyone provide a solution? Sorry if I'm being annoying. :payne:

Download the game again. If that doesn't work, go into the intro text file for HST 1 and change script scene27 to script scene1 on the bottom.

Too bad. Waluigi Time.

I downloaded it again, but it doesn't show the little icon and doesn't take me to the screen with the cases. It just shows the courtroom picture for a few seconds and when I click it, it closes itself.
Page 9 of 12 [ 478 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Games