Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 31 of 34[ 1333 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Re: Apollo Justice Case 5: full game released! (+7 h gameplay)Topic%20Title

The Ace Attorney's Magical Daughter

Bad Player wrote:
Whoa. That's pretty awesome.
Spoiler:
Especially the "Shinigami" thing you threw in there.

But I thought red was あかい :larry:

"Akai" (あか(い)) is the Kun-Reading of the "Red" Kanji. "Seki"(せき) is the On-Reading. Yes, Japanese is that complex... ^^;

...Because I felt the need to advertise my fanfic with a self-drawn, animated banner. Yes, I'm obsessed, why do you ask?

Last edited by Neni on Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

...working on it

Gah, this one piece is killing me, and the timer isn't helping

Spoiler:
Apollo vs Rhea on the second day where I need to present decisive evidence that links her to the act. And I got nothing.

Two more games coming up soon

Spoiler:
Do you mean the "I have evidence / I don't have evidence" part or the part where you have to choose between three pieces of evidence? If it's the former, pick "I don't have evidence". If it's the latter, think about the evidence, then the person, that is most directly related to the intended murder. The contradiction after that is obvious. (Note: "No matter which piece of evidence you choose and how you present it, you will still proceed to the final present, but it will only work if you presented the right evidence first", BP reminds you.)

Creator of Apollo Justice Case 5: Turnabout Substitution: Trailer - Download
Co-creator of New Year's Turnabout, Turnabout Revolution, and At Dawn's Break

cat planet cat flashing head cat planet

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love you :hotti:
My deviantART account. Message me there for requests of any kind.

Also, visit my topic for any requests specifically for AA sprites or animations!

iiRockpuppy's Fan-art

trollface.jpg

-Ignore this post-

Hold it!

Hey guys,

I wanted to let you know that this fancase has been published in the biggest (and only ;-)) Dutch unofficial Nintendo magazine called [N]Gamer (http://www.ngamer.nl/). I hope you don't mind, but I emailed them about this fantastic fancase you've created, hoping they would publish the letter in their magazine and they did (including a link to this forum, which 45 people went to after seeing it in the magazine!). Here is a photo of it and I've translated it for you, so you know what it says ;-)

http://twitpic.com/34qmwl

Translation:

Quote:
Dear [N]Gamer,

For fans of the Ace Attorney-serie it's still unsure when they finally are being able to play a new game full of 'Objection!' and 'Hold it!'-moments. The latest game (Apollo Justice) came out in 2008 and the spin-off with Miles Edgeworth was only able to still the hunger for so much.

After playing the complete series for the second time and having waited for the fifth game, I've been looking around on the internet. I found an online community of Ace Attorney-fans who took the opportunity upon there own. At http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/ you can play new cases or even create your own Ace Attorney-case. The quality of these cases differ very much, but now a case has been released which every Ace Attorney-fan should play! At the forum of Court-Records (short link: http://bit.ly/aMtChV) you can download a 'fancase' which is so beautiful, Capcop could have made it himself. The characters, locations and the music in 'Turnabout Substitution' are all new and the case contains over seven hours of gameplay. Hopefully you'll publish this tip, because I think this will make a lot of fans very happy. Good luck with your magazine.

Regards, Peter

Their response:

Quote:
Dear Peter,

Nintendo-fans are usually very fanatic in expressing their love for Nintendo-games, but this really is a very special project. We've never seen this before. It must have taken a lot of time to create this fifth case. If this isn't real love...

Peter > ...Wow. Of course I don't mind! In fact, the only reason I would be embarrassed would be because I don't know how to thank you! To have awesome fans like you advertise the game without being asked to and without expecting anything in return... We're truly blessed. The very least I can do is add your name to the credits in the next version of the game.

In any case, it's incredibly flattering to get such publicity and, above all, recognition, especially from a real publication. Even more so if the magazine is your country's unofficial equivalent of Nintendo Magazine. I must admit, the idea that "Turnabout Substitution" is written in paper somewhere feels pretty sweet - and weird at the same time.

Unfortunately, I can't see the image. I'd love to buy this mag for "collector" purposes so I can brag to my kids some years from now, but I'm not from the Netherlands...

Let me use this opportunity to congratulate the team on your fantastic work again. They're certainly right that this project was made with a lot of love, and I couldn't have done it without yours.

Hopefully this is only the beginning ;)

Previously Cardiovore

Peter wrote:
Hey guys,

I wanted to let you know that this fancase has been published in the biggest (and only ;-)) Dutch unofficial Nintendo magazine called [N]Gamer (http://www.ngamer.nl/). I hope you don't mind, but I emailed them about this fantastic fancase you've created, hoping they would publish the letter in their magazine and they did (including a link to this forum, which 45 people went to after seeing it in the magazine!). Here is a photo of it and I've translated it for you, so you know what it says ;-)

http://twitpic.com/34qmwl

Translation:

Quote:
Dear [N]Gamer,

For fans of the Ace Attorney-serie it's still unsure when they finally are being able to play a new game full of 'Objection!' and 'Hold it!'-moments. The latest game (Apollo Justice) came out in 2008 and the spin-off with Miles Edgeworth was only able to still the hunger for so much.

After playing the complete series for the second time and having waited for the fifth game, I've been looking around on the internet. I found an online community of Ace Attorney-fans who took the opportunity upon there own. At http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/ you can play new cases or even create your own Ace Attorney-case. The quality of these cases differ very much, but now a case has been released which every Ace Attorney-fan should play! At the forum of Court-Records (short link: http://bit.ly/aMtChV) you can download a 'fancase' which is so beautiful, Capcop could have made it himself. The characters, locations and the music in 'Turnabout Substitution' are all new and the case contains over seven hours of gameplay. Hopefully you'll publish this tip, because I think this will make a lot of fans very happy. Good luck with your magazine.

Regards, Peter

Their response:

Quote:
Dear Peter,

Nintendo-fans are usually very fanatic in expressing their love for Nintendo-games, but this really is a very special project. We've never seen this before. It must have taken a lot of time to create this fifth case. If this isn't real love...

Wow Ping', congratulations on getting this kind of attention! T-Sub is well worthy of it and I hope it all goes down great in the long run :godot:
Phoenix Wright: The Contempt of Court
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

The Twisted Samurai

WOW! TOTALLY EPIC!
Congratulations, you guys deserved it :)
But I couldn't finished it, can't find a working version of PY Wright ):
"The hammer that strikes too fast has no time to aim."

The Trusty Nudal!

Coffee Prosecutor wrote:
WOW! TOTALLY EPIC!

Really? What version do you use?

The newest version of PyWright can be found here:
PyWright

Download 0.980
Signature and Avatar by the wonderful Midnight Jasper! Check out her graphics, you will be impressed!
Check out my sprites!
Creator of Leon Prinze Ace Attorney - Final Judgment (Sprites by Ceres)

The Twisted Samurai

nudalman wrote:
Coffee Prosecutor wrote:
WOW! TOTALLY EPIC!

Really? What version do you use?

The newest version of PyWright can be found here:
PyWright

Download 0.980

Thanks a lot!!
"The hammer that strikes too fast has no time to aim."

Hold it!

Ping' wrote:
Peter > ...Wow. Of course I don't mind! In fact, the only reason I would be embarrassed would be because I don't know how to thank you! To have awesome fans like you advertise the game without being asked to and without expecting anything in return... We're truly blessed. The very least I can do is add your name to the credits in the next version of the game.

In any case, it's incredibly flattering to get such publicity and, above all, recognition, especially from a real publication. Even more so if the magazine is your country's unofficial equivalent of Nintendo Magazine. I must admit, the idea that "Turnabout Substitution" is written in paper somewhere feels pretty sweet - and weird at the same time.

Unfortunately, I can't see the image. I'd love to buy this mag for "collector" purposes so I can brag to my kids some years from now, but I'm not from the Netherlands...

Let me use this opportunity to congratulate the team on your fantastic work again. They're certainly right that this project was made with a lot of love, and I couldn't have done it without yours.

Hopefully this is only the beginning ;)

You're welcome and adding my name to the credits would be an honor! Thank you and this project deserves this kind of attention in my opinion, that's why I wrote them in the first place.

Can you see the image at http://twitpic.com/34qmwl ?

Cardiovore, Coffee Prosecutor > Thanks a lot!

Peter > Yes, I can see it now, thanks. They even show the boxart, which is great :)

I'd say

Haha, well look at that.
Thanks from me as well, Peter.

1000% Knight

-nervously glances around-

I... I think this is awesome enough for me to post. So... yeah. That's awesome :D Thanks so much for sending in that letter, Peter! And it's great that we're in an official publication xD (Although they def should've mentioned SotT in that AAO part :P)

Anyway... I don't think I should say any more :x

-runs away before Frenchy can find him-
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

RAAAAAAAAAAAHBPWHATDIDITELLYOU

...Okay, you get a "special occasion" immunity :p But just this once!

By the way, they indirectly mentioned SotT, since they gave the link to AAO, and your trial is among the first people play when they visit the website (though it's no longer first on the list ><).

The Trusty Nudal!

Wow, in a magazine, really!? o_O

'Gratz to Ping' and the whole team. You really came through and put this all together. And wow, a magazine? That must feel good :) Once again, great job guys!

On a side-note, my brother finished playing this again with me...
Spoiler: TS
He thought the game was awesome, so I'll pass it on to you.
Not to mention, I can't believe Rhea wasn't my prime suspect during my first playthrough. So many references...

Signature and Avatar by the wonderful Midnight Jasper! Check out her graphics, you will be impressed!
Check out my sprites!
Creator of Leon Prinze Ace Attorney - Final Judgment (Sprites by Ceres)

Programmer

It's called foreshadowing when it is hints for what will happen later on in the story. Referencing is when it is about things in already known things, related or not.

Also, I think the music is not new. It is rather old if I my court record is correct.

As for intellectual property rights, ignoring the ace attorney stuff there is still one thing that's a violation. The ESRB logo may not be used unless they actually have reviewed the game.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

Yes, it's mainly classical or contemporary music.

Spoiler:
About the ERSB: Technically true, but no one cares. Whether there's a violation or not isn't important, it's whether there's an opportunity and a financial reason to bring a lawsuit that counts. We'll glady remove the logo if there's even so much as a threat of legal action, that's much more efficient for everyone than making it a dispute. And you don't even have to "ignore" the Ace Attorney thing. It clearly falls under fair use. Among other things, they look at " 1. the purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of a commercial nature" > it's not ; "4. the effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work" > there's none and if there were it would probably be a positive one anyway. Also, it could be argued that the use is transformative, not purely derivative, but I'm not an expert in any of this.

Overworked Sprite Artist

It's in [N] Gamer, Peter? :O

I actually frequently buy [N] Gamer... In fact, I was just about to buy it when I saw that post.
Image Image

Update

First the magazine, now the website.
Yes, you heard me right. Apollo Justice Case 5: Turnabout Substitution now has a WEBSITE !

In this website, you will find:
- hints to help you during your first playthrough
- a walkthrough
(Note: this means I will no longer have to make personalized replies to players who are stuck.)
- character profiles
- a "making of" of the game (including a mysterious reference to my new project)
- avatars, wallpapers, and many other things!

Many thanks to Ceres for the beautiful design, and to Bad Player for the hints / walkthrough.

Enjoy!

The Trusty Nudal!

Great job Ping' on the website! Seriously, I'm impressed :)

I enjoyed reading through the history especially - you have an interesting process.

Though please believe me, I am also working on a website for my game, and was actually going to release it tomorrow or the day after. Just clarifying that I'm not stealing the idea from you.

Although, you do have the maturity to believe me anyways.

Thanks! And don't worry, if I owned a patent on the idea of making a website I'd be a rich man by now :D

Last edited by Ping' on Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Trusty Nudal!

Ping' wrote:
Thanks! And don't worry, if I owned a copyright on the idea of making a website I'd be a rich man by now :D

Lol. Glad you understand ;)

Hmm... Your new project seems interesting... Can't wait to find out about it :)

1000% Knight

MWAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAH I'M BACK!! WHICH MEANS I CAN TELL YOU THAT FRENCHY'S NEW PROJECT IS--*mauled by Frenchy*

Thanks for the website. Looks very nice :redd:

It has come just in time as I'm stuck and need the walkthrough.

Great game as well. :will:

Wow, the new website looks incredible! This makes me really upset that I wasn't here yet to lend you a hand when the game was still in the makings... I would have loved to be part of something as awesome as this. Ah, well there's no can do now. :-p

Anyway, I had so much fun coming up with a japanese name for Rhea (not to mention that I'll probably never ever forget the On-reading of the Kanji for "Red" thanks to this), that I've decided to come up with names for all of your other Original Characters as well. However, for some reason... Please don't hate me... I failed to understand the puns and meanings in their names... maybe it's because I'm not a native english speaker, I dunno. Anyway, could anybody please explain their names to me, so i can go try find fitting Japanese equivalents? That'd be awesome! ^^

...Because I felt the need to advertise my fanfic with a self-drawn, animated banner. Yes, I'm obsessed, why do you ask?

Just finished the game. Wanted to say thanks to Ping and the team for creating it. It was very enjoyable. Couldn't have done it if you hadn't have uploaded the Walkthrough as well so thanks to Bad Player there.

Spoiler:
Especially in a time limit at the end :gant:

While I was playing it I was also writing a review for my blog. You said you were interested in feedback so I thought I'd add the link.

Spoiler:
http://littlemissfidget.tumblr.com/post/1592483334/turnabout-substitution-review-an-apollo-justice-fan
Something I must add, the review has spoilers in, although it warns you at the start of the reviewI thought I'd better add it here too

It's generally positive stuff, forgive me for nitpicking though. I hope you enjoy it.

Thanks a lot Neni! You'll have the explanations for the names soon.

Thanks for the review vkrippen (and for pointing out the mistake in the walkthrough)! Glad you liked the game. You seemed very interested in the sprites, judging characters based on how colourful their clothes are, which is an original approach, but one I can't say much about since I'm not a spriter myself. A few things I'd like to clear up though. Some of the things that supposedly don't make sense stem from misunderstandings.
Spoiler:
Paul Strings replaced the Chief Justice whose son had incuritis, who was impeached as a result of the smuggling scandal. This is explicitly mentioned, as Judge says "he's the new Chief Justice", and adds, "the Borginian scandal highlighted the need for sound and transparent jurisdictions... Chief Strings represents a new generation of jurists, more concerned with ethics than politics."
As for Arthur's grave, it is assumed to be empty. The lack of a body didn't prevent a funeral from being held, as the Mysterious Bust Killer crime scene was deemed proof enough that he was dead and not just missing. Judge (as the other victims) wanted to have a ceremony because it allowed him and everyone else to get closure on his death.

Hope this explains everything.

Ping' wrote:
Hope this explains everything.

Thank You, I'll update the review. What with my excitement and rush to see what happens next that part must not have registered with me. My mistake. :yogi:

The characters really intrigue me that's probably why I focused a lot on them. I also understand how difficult it can be to produce them so it fascinates me to see where people draw their inspiration from.

I hope the review brings more people to play your game. :acro:

1000% Knight

Spoiler:
...Hm.... Yeah. The walkthrough should probably be changed in Erlenmeyer's testimony (and Rhea's, I think) so that it uses the actual testimony lines instead of statement numbers, since the numbers switch haround...

Previously Cardiovore

vkrippen wrote:
I hope the review brings more people to play your game. :acro:

Spoiler: Referring to the review
Well for one thing, I'd like to say a certain part of that review really made me proud to have made the breakdown sprite. ^_^

FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Ace Attorney is awsome

Hello everyone!

I must say that I am glad that there are people like you who make fangames with very high quality.

But I have hit a bug. I am in the first day of court and I am cross-exemaining fisher. When I go from "My job was to make sure Erlenmeyer would remain quiet in his cell" to "At 1 AM Mike arrived with Chambers.....etc......" It shows me a error message at the top half of the upper screen. But I can continue when I click on it, so It's not a very big deal.
But the graphics also changed since I last played the game. It looks more blurry and the text doesn't fit in the text box any more.

Does anyone know what to do? :meekins:

Nevertheless a really good game. :will:

TvS > Thanks!

I think the error you're mentioning is fixed on my computer now, but thank you for pointing it out.

Regarding the other thing, it's probably because you don't have the latest version of PyWright (0.980, check the updater). Also, graphics can get blurry if you try to change the resolution, the game is meant to be played with the default resolution.

Ace Attorney is awsome

Ping>

Thanks for the help, My pywright is up to date now. But may I ask what the default graphic settings are? I have been messing up those thins so I don't remember which one I should choose. BTW, does it matter if you use fullscreen, dualscreen or virtual dualscreen?

Thanks a lot for the game. :acro:

While waiting for the name explanations, so i can keep coming up with nice japanese Kanji names for the charas, I got bored and drew some Fanart.

Actually, I just wanted to draw Rhea, but Polly ended up joining the party and Strings and Poole soon followed. Now I have a rough sketch of something vaguely resembling a Case-Picture Artwork on hand:

Spoiler: Saving Space is like saving anger!
Polly: "Rhea, what do you think about this evidence?"
Rhea: "Apollo, what you're really interested in is my reaction! ;-)"
Polly: "..."

Poole looks overly evil on this pic, but I had the artworks of T&T (featuring shadow-facy GodoT) and the original AA (featuring what I like to call "LOOK AT ME I AM EVIL-Edgey") in mind when I drew this, so I couldn't help it and give the prosecutor here a simmilar look as on those two artworks...

I usually suck at drawing old people and manly man, so I thought Poole and, expecially, Strings were gonna kill me. Surprisingly, they didn't. It was POLLY who was the most troublesome to draw. It took me half an hour to make sure he doesn't look like a TWEWY character... -.-;

This is just a sketch. But one I am going to finish, bet on it. I like this pic too much to just give up on it.

Uhm... I really hope you guys like it. ^^;

I'd say

I didn't come up with the names, but maybe i can shed some light on the matter.
Spoiler:
Rhea wits:
Basically, A Goddess name.
Much like Apollo's name was conceived.
Last name probably refers to "Wit", can't remember.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhea_%28mythology%29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wit

Gerald Strings: (G.Strings)
It's a double pun, Means a piece of underwear, and refers to strings (music)
Remember, his theme is classical string music.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G_string
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strings_%28music%29

Robert Erlenmeyer
Richard August Carl Emil Erlenmeyer was a German chemist.
Robert is a chemistry/biology teacher.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Au ... Erlenmeyer

No idea about the rest, they always seemed pretty normal to me.

EDIT: lol nevermind I was wrong.
Imagesee how it withers before my flower of justiceImage

TvS > All I know is that each screen should be 256 x 192, and trying to go full screen generally messes up the graphics.

Neni > Wow, thank you so much for this lovely piece of fanart! Truly wonderful.

Now, the names
Spoiler: whole game
Ceres is right in saying that Rhea is a goddess (well, technically, a Titan) thus continuing the trend of mythology-inspired characters (Apollo, but also Gant who was compared to Zeus by the artist who drew him, and Dahlia who is visually identified with the Gorgon in her breakdown). But that's not all there is to it. Rhea Wits is also an anagram. If you rearrange the letters, you will obtain "it was her". Doesn't get any more blatant than that, especially since Rhea makes an explicit references to anagrams being the key to solving mysteries :D

G.Strings are a kind of underwear. But it's not Gerald whose musical theme is a classical piece with strings ; it is Paul (the observation is perfectly correct when applied to Paul, though). Paul Strings is a pun for "to pull strings", as in, to use one's influence to manipulate events, like the Chief Justice does when orchestrating (pun not intended) the prison escape.

Erlenmeyer is indeed a reference to to the German chemist, but also to the "Erlenmeyer flask" named after him, while Robert refers to Robert Bunsen, whose name was used to identify another common piece of lab equipment, the Bunsen burner.

Shawn O. Fisher is a simple pun on "officer". It's not very sophisticated, but as you know, it's a false name he chose for himself. His real name is Bob Erlenmeyer ; yet Bob is the abbreviation for "Robert", meaning that in essence, the twins have redundant names.

Jessica Poole and Vivian Snow aren't puns, they're just cool sounding names, though interestingly, Jessica poole is used in a punny fashion several times in the game, as she is called both "Deadpoole" (apart from being anti-heroes, Jessica and the real Deadpool have nothing in common) and "Jessie".

Charles the cat obviously refers to Charles Darwin, but you already knew that.

Previously Cardiovore

ping' wrote:
Spoiler:
Rhea Wits is also an anagram. If you rearrange the letters, you will obtain "it was her".

*mind blown* :zap:
FULL GAME AVAILABLE
Page 31 of 34 [ 1333 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Games