Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 32 of 34[ 1333 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Re: Apollo Justice Case 5: full game released! (+7 h gameplay)Topic%20Title

The Trusty Nudal!

Cardiovore wrote:
ping' wrote:
Spoiler:
Rhea Wits is also an anagram. If you rearrange the letters, you will obtain "it was her".

*mind blown* :zap:

*Mind blown x2* :zap: :zap:

That's genius, how did I not catch that!?

The Ace Attorney's Magical Daughter

Ping' wrote:

Neni > Wow, thank you so much for this lovely piece of fanart! Truly wonderful.

Now, the names
Spoiler: whole game
Ceres is right in saying that Rhea is a goddess (well, technically, a Titan) thus continuing the trend of mythology-inspired characters (Apollo, but also Gant who was compared to Zeus by the artist who drew him, and Dahlia who is visually identified with the Gorgon in her breakdown). But that's not all there is to it. Rhea Wits is also an anagram. If you rearrange the letters, you will obtain "it was her". Doesn't get any more blatant than that, especially since Rhea makes an explicit references to anagrams being the key to solving mysteries :D

G.Strings are a kind of underwear. But it's not Gerald whose musical theme is a classical piece with strings ; it is Paul (the observation is perfectly correct when applied to Paul, though). Paul Strings is a pun for "to pull strings", as in, to use one's influence to manipulate events, like the Chief Justice does when orchestrating (pun not intended) the prison escape.

Erlenmeyer is indeed a reference to to the German chemist, but also to the "Erlenmeyer flask" named after him, while Robert refers to Robert Bunsen, whose name was used to identify another common piece of lab equipment, the Bunsen burner.

Shawn O. Fisher is a simple pun on "officer". It's not very sophisticated, but as you know, it's a false name he chose for himself. His real name is Bob Erlenmeyer ; yet Bob is the abbreviation for "Robert", meaning that in essence, the twins have redundant names.

Jessica Poole and Vivian Snow aren't puns, they're just cool sounding names, though interestingly, Jessica poole is used in a punny fashion several times in the game, as she is called both "Deadpoole" (apart from being anti-heroes, Jessica and the real Deadpool have nothing in common) and "Jessie".

Charles the cat obviously refers to Charles Darwin, but you already knew that.

(I hope to finish the fanart soon, because I find it a horrible shame there's so few art of this game out there. ;-) )

Alright, thank you! Wow, you really put lots and lots of thought into those! That's really great work!

Spoiler:
Since I already made up a japanese name for Rhea, which, for (I swear) purely coincidentally reasons also refers to a mythological creature, as well as having a kind of japanese anagram in it, I'll actually not need the infor anymore, however, I thought about changing a few Kanji in her name. Not in a way that would influence the pronounciation, but I think I could find better Kanji for "Shi" and "Ga" than the ones I used, espicially taking the new information into consideration. I won't use the Kanji for "Dying" for "Shi", because that'd be too obvious, but maybe I can somehow try to replicate the theme naming with Apollo and try to find a Kanji that refers to his japanese name's Kanji... hm... This is fun! ^^

I'll have tho think a bit about Paul and Gerald strings... I'll probably try to go for a musical theme as well, but it will be hard to replicate the feeling of those names... I will have to try around a little...

Erlenmeyer is a real German Chemist? Now I feel undereducated. ;-P Especially considering that I am Austrian and should know about famous German Speaking Europeans... Hm, I'll barely be able to reference real life people with Kanji, unless they're asian and I don't know any asian scientists, so I'll have to play around here as well. The false name, however, shouldn't proof to be a problem, something like that can easily be replicated by mixing and matching the Kanji for any kind of police rank. I just have to choose which sounds the best. XD

Charles will stay Charles, because pets have, as far as I remember, always had engrish Katakana-names in the Gyakuten series. Also, the whole Bust Killing confusion would go lost if that kitty's name was changed.
So: チャッルス
Charles. In Japanese. Kitty done... That was too easy. T-T

Ah, Jessica Poole and Vivian Snow aren't puns? Good! That means I have lots of freedom here! ^^ And I already have lots and lots of idea what to do with Vivian's name... ^^

Alright, thanks for the info! I'm gonna have a lot of fun coming up with names!

One day, once my Japanese has gotten better (It's only beginner level yet), I'd be really happy to go any try translating the whole game into Japanese. ^^ Could take 3 or 4 more years though... Or more, if I'm unlucky... T-T

...Because I felt the need to advertise my fanfic with a self-drawn, animated banner. Yes, I'm obsessed, why do you ask?

Programmer

Wouldn't it be a good idea to put up actual FAQs on the FAQ page? Surely you remember all the questions asked in this very thread.

Btw, you can't copyright an idea. You patent it.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

I'd say

It's fine as it is.
http://turnaboutsub.weebly.com/faq.html

If people cant figure something out, they may use the contact form, or this thread.

Seriously, if by "faq", you meant walktrough & hints.
They are already present on the help page.

Two more games coming up soon

henke37 > You're absolutely right, fixed. I actually know that, I just wrote the post (which was a joke anyway) too quickly... don't know why I used the term "copyright", there was probably a subconscious thing going on. Incidentally, there's debate over whether you could patent a broad business idea anyway (cf. the controversy over Amazon's "one click patent"), this was a deliberately absurd example chosen for humoristic purposes, not a treatise on intellectual property law, which I happen to know the basics of.

As for the FAQ, if you think some questions are lacking, then send them to me, it's what it's for, there's even a form for that. But to suggest that we would just "remember" everything is unrealistic, the topic is 32 pages long ; even so, I think we did a pretty good job with the hints identifying the parts where most players get stuck, for instance.

Neni > Really? It's incredibly flattering to think you'd even consider doing a translation one day :)
Good luck perfecting your Japanese!
Creator of Apollo Justice Case 5: Turnabout Substitution: Trailer - Download
Co-creator of New Year's Turnabout, Turnabout Revolution, and At Dawn's Break

Ace Attorney is awsome

Hey Ping, thanks for the reply, the resolution is good again!
Only the text messages still don't fit in the box. for example:
Spoiler:
As soon as it was revealed th
Strings was behind the escape, I
headed down to the

I don't think this is a fault of the resolution or anything.

O and I wanted to say:
Spoiler:
It was awsome to find out that Erlenmeyer and Fisher are actually twin brothers. Well done, my compliments! And I haven't even played the rest of the game yet!

It's strange, you're the only one to have that problem... is it just some textboxes or all of them?

Spoiler:
Aha, thanks, it's not a very original twist, but it sets things up for later.

The easiest way to get the default resulution, is to go into window mode (not fullscreen), and drag the corner of the window until the window is tiny. The smallest allowed size in 0.980 is the standard one. Also, most developers develop with dual screen in mind, so you should pick that. Personally I play in fullscreen without dualscreen most of the time. Virtual dualscreen is an unfinished mode that uses the resolution of single screen (which works better in fullscreen), but lets you swap which screen you are looking at. I don't think it's working in 0.980.

Another way to reset default settings is to just delete PyWright/display.ini

As for the offscreen text, there are a lot of those, at least in 0.980. 0.980 is a bit cutting edge, 0.976 is probably what should be used for this game. It looks like 0.980 is putting extra space between words, at least for TS. I think it is related to the multilingual support but I'm not sure. Another thing to look at for 0.982 I guess.

You can downgrade to 0.976 by choosing it from the updates. Your resolution may be screwed up, delete PyWright/display.ini before running 0.976 again.
Creator of PyWright, the lovable case construction system!
Also visit the PyWright post.

Oh, really? Sorry, I should've said 0.976 then... I haven't played TS in 0.980 yet.

Ace Attorney is awsome

Thanks for the advise.
I will try downgrading Pywright.
I will tell you if it works in a minute.

Edit:
It works! The text fits again and the resolution (which wasn't a PYwright version problem) is also good again. Thank you very much. (btw, the case is getting cooler and cooler :edgy: )

cat planet cat flashing head cat planet

Is there a guide to this game? I'm stuck >.<
My deviantART account. Message me there for requests of any kind.

Also, visit my topic for any requests specifically for AA sprites or animations!

iiRockpuppy's Fan-art

1000% Knight

http://turnaboutsub.weebly.com/walkthro ... ion-1.html
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Bad Player wrote:
http://turnaboutsub.weebly.com/walkthrough-investigation-1.html

Wow, thanks! :redd:

Also, visit my topic for any requests specifically for AA sprites or animations!

iiRockpuppy's Fan-art

Ace Attorney is awsome

HELP!!!
I've got another PYwright problem!!

I can't present any more!!
and I am now at a point where I really need to present.
Spoiler:
I am now talking to Poole in the defendant lobby and I need to present something

Edit:

Now it got even worse!! I tried to open the court-record, but when I clicked the button, Pywright shut down. tried it again, and it shut down again!!!

Please someone help me! I think I've got a serious problem! :beef:

Edit:
It does work just fine in the newer PYwright versions, but then the text doesn't work again.
I guess I'll just have to wait till a newer version comes out. :payne:
Or does someone have a solution? :maya:

Ace Attorney is awsome

Hello, me again, with (as you may have guessed) another problem.
But now it's nothing technically (I think). It's just that:
Spoiler:
With the second phase of the second investigation, I need to find the gum at the crime scene (according to the walkthrough). But I just can't seem to find it. could someone give me a more exact location of the gum? or maybe some other help? Thank you very much.

(Game is still awsome :will: )

Spoiler:
It's a bit to the left of the policeman who's standing up. It used to be even more difficult to find than that ;)

And sorry about this PyWright problem... seems like this is the wrong time to play TS in 0.980, as this version isn't well tested yet. However, there shouldn't have been any problems with you presenting evidence to Poole in 0.976, you're the first to mention that and the others would have noticed it since you need to present evidence to proceed. Maybe it's due to something that happened while switching from one version to the other, I'm not sure. Speaking of which, I'd advise to go back to 0.976 for the last day of trial, that should reduce the probability of weird errors.

Ace Attorney is awsome

Thank you for the information.
Spoiler:
But I still can't find it! I think I'm just not good at finding things.
Are you really sure it's in there? because all I can see at the left of the police man is snow and a three.

and btw, I didn't only have problems with presenting at that one spot, but after changing the versions, I couldn't present anywhere nor open the court record without the game closing. So I guess it's the change of versions that caused this.

Spoiler:
It's aligned with the cone, almost equidistant between said cone and the pile of snow on the left.

Ace Attorney is awsome

Thanx, I finally found it.
Spoiler:
It's really difficult since you can't see it and it's such a small spot. but thank you for the help.

Spoiler:
It used to be almost invisible, and a lot of people got stuck as a result. Now if you look closely you can actually see it, which is the difficulty level I wanted. Anyway, good luck with the rest of the game!

Ping' wrote:
Spoiler:
It used to be almost invisible, and a lot of people got stuck as a result. Now if you look closely you can actually see it, which is the difficulty level I wanted. Anyway, good luck with the rest of the game!

Spoiler:
I saw it, there's a little pink indentation in the snow. Easy pickens! :will:
Good luck indeed :lana:

iiRockpuppy's Fan-art

Ace Attorney is awsome

Hello, It's me again with yet another problem
(I think it is a problem caused by the switch in versions)
Spoiler:
I'm at the point where you put Rhea on the stand and she has her first testimony. When I wanted to present the gum or the close up of the car (I thought these were the correct things to do and according to the walk through they were) It just skipped the objection and game me a talk and a penalty??? I thought something was wrong. So sick of all the errors these versions gave me, I deleted PYwright (except the games folder) and "installed" the older version again. But when I tried to load the game, It couldn't load my old save file any more. (because when I tried this, It shut down PYwright)!!! could someone please help me? maybe send me a working save file of the place I was, or let me do something with the script, or maybe someone has the solution to my problems? (btw, I deleted the not working PYwright, but I still have everything on my computer.

Thank you.

Edit:
Spoiler:
The problem of it not finding my save file has been solved. but now I still can't proceed in the newest version. and in the older versions I can't open the court record.

Spoiler:
Hmmm... sounds like this new version causes more problems than I thought. I'll advise people to play with 0.976 for now.

As for your problem, do what the "already played the third part" document tells you to, but put "script scene100rheatestimony1" instead of "script scene81", and start a new game (with 0.976).

If it still doesn't work, delete all the PyWright files, reinstall PyWright with 0.976, and try it again.

Really sorry for what you've been put through, I hope this doesn't spoil the game experience too much...

Ace Attorney is awsome

Spoiler:
I deleted everything, downloaded everything again and everything works fine. Except that I still can't proceed. When I present the gum at the statement when she says she was hiding behind the tombstone, I don't get an objection, but it goes strait to pool's "Blatherskite!". Somehow I don't think this is what's supposed to happen. Could it be possible to get me across this part a very little bit so I don't miss to much but still can proceed? Presenting the carwheel works fine though, but it's the gum part that doesn't work.

1000% Knight

Spoiler:
Did you ask her where Judge and Chambers were fighting in the previous statement? Because you need to ask her that before you can do the objection at that statement.

Ace Attorney is awsome

Spoiler:
Thank you badplayer!!!! you are wright. It works now. (But because it skipped the objection and went on so strange I thought it was just another problem. (still weird though)) Now I can finally proceed, thank you so much! And you to Ping! BTW, these crashes can never ruin the awsomeness of this game. :will:

Spoiler:
I have an app on my phone, Android Ally, that's called gStrings. :redd: I just wanted to point that out, thought it was funny :damon:

iiRockpuppy's Fan-art

1000% Knight

Spoiler:
Frenchy, it seems we have a new bug! From the way TvS is describing it, it seems you don't get the "Objection!" before the error message in Rhea's testimony. GO FIX IT.

Ace Attorney is awsome

Just finished playing it and I must say that it was:

SOOOOOOOOO AWSOME!!!!!!!! :zap:
REALLY!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR MAKING THIS! ALL OF YOU!
THE STORY: WOW
THE GRAPHICS: WOW
THE GAMEPLAY: WOW
THE FUN: WOW!!!
:will:
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK GUYS!!! (AND LADIES OF COURSE)

The Ace Attorney's Magical Daughter

Alright, I have used this Name thing as a distraction during learning the Kanji for my Theory test today and, I must say, it worked very well (and I think I did fine on the test as well...)

In any case, here are the names I came up with. I am not 100% satisfied with them, so I would like to know your opinion, as the creators of the characters, on what I came up with. One name is especially troublesome, because a part of it's pun has been used in the series' japanese version before... *Sigh*

Anyway, here are the names:

Spoiler: Names, Names and lots of Japanese Characters
Rhea Wits:
“Shiniga Miseki”
志二画 実赤
Changed the first Kanji to one that reflects the Pun better.

Nathan Wits:
“Shiniga Kichirou”
志二画 愧郎
I didn’t know the meaning of the original name, but I took “Kichirou” because it literally means “Shy Son”, reflecting the facts that he a) didn’t like being photographed and b) was single.

Strings:
"Itoraku"
絃楽
The Kanji are usually read „Gengaku“ and mean „String music“.

Paul:
"Noriyuki"
典逾希
“Iwadare Noriyuki” is the current lead composer of the Gyakuten Saiban series and also responsible for the orchestral arrangements of the songs. This variation of the name is, however, spelt with different Kanji.
First Kanji can mean „Rule“, or „Law“
Second Kanji means „Go beyond“
Third Kanji means „Hope“ as well as „Greece“
It’s meant to reflect that he crossed the boarders of law in hope of something.

Gerald:
"Masakazu"
正下手
„Sugimori Masakazu“ was the lead composer for „Gyakuten Saiban: Yomigaeru Gyakuten“, the DS remake of the first game, as well as it’s GBA original. This variation of the name is, however, spelt with different Kanji.
First Kanji: „Justice“ or „Correct“
The second and third Kanji together usually mean „Heta“;which means means „Poor“(in the sense of „Unskilled“), „Awkward“ or „Clumsy“.
Also, “Masaka!” means “This cannot be!” This could be how his textboxes could be labeled. (The one problem here is, that there’s already a character who has “Masaka” for their first name in the Japanese version of the games: It’s Olga Orly’s first name there.)

Vivian Snow:
"Aida Setsuko"
会田 雪子
Common female name, written the same as „Yukiko“ in some cases and baring the same meaning: “Snow Child” (I originally wanted to use the name “Yukiko”, but it wouldn’t have worked well, seeing how I already have a “NoriYUKI” in there.)
The first and last name are a combination of the two names of the actress “Setsuko Hara”, who was born as “Masae Aida”. She was the most popular Japanese actress until she suddenly stopped performing and seemingly disappeared from the face of the earth, refusing photographs and interviews and causing lots of theories regarding her retirement. This is hinting at how Vivian’s “One Scene Wonder” status can confuse some players into believing her to be more important than she really is.

Jessica Poole:
"Hangaku Takeko"
坂額 竹子
From Lady Hangaku and Takeko Nakano, two famous female Samurai.

The Erlenmeyers:
"Noyori"
否依
First Kanji: „Denial“, „No“
Second Kanji: “Dependant on”, “Reliant”, also contained in the term for “Lawyer’s Client”.
“Noyori” is a Japanese chemist and won a nobel price.

Robert:
"Keiichi"
圭一
The “Kei” Kanji means “Treasured”.(Not that this was too important...) The Kanji“Ichi” means “One”. It’s common in Japan to add numbers corresponding to the order in which they were born to children’s names, especially in the case of twins.

Bob:
"Keiji"
圭二
Same as above, except with the Kanji for „Two“ instead of „One.

Fake name:
"Keiji"

Simply an alternative spelling of “Keiji”, which doesn’t contain the “2”-Kanji, in order to obscure the fact that he’s got a brother. Believe me, when you're thinking in Kanji (like the japanese) the fact that both names, Keiichi and Keiji spoken out loud start with "Kei" doesn't stick out too much. The language has too many homophones for something like that to be apparent on first glance.

Fake Last Name:
"Housho"
北條
Actually means „Northern Light”. The pun becomes apparent when putting the names together in the western order: “Keijihousho” means “criminal indemnity”.

Oh, also, I finished the outlines of the fanart I made:

Spoiler: Undeniable Proof that I totally can't draw Polly.
Getting there...

...Because I felt the need to advertise my fanfic with a self-drawn, animated banner. Yes, I'm obsessed, why do you ask?

Just finished playing and sorry for bumping the topic but I just wanna say it was really awesome. Definitely one of my favourite AA cases, and definitely up there with the best of the 'official' ones. I'm so impressed by the amount of detail put into the cases.

5/5 :)

I don't mind the bumping since I haven't said how amazing I found this case either... even though I played it ...like a half year ago! But I love it :larry2: At times I actually find it better than any of the official cases that AJ offers, and that says a lot!
Latest game update: 25/03/11
If anyone is interested in helping me with the script, please PM me.
UPDATE: Case 2 preview: http://www.4shared.com/video/JAKBIUPG/AAJAD2.html

OBJECTION!

Spoiler: Final Thoughts
I saw a video walkthrough of this and when I saw the final three pictures, Rhea officially became one of the MEVTDWTO (Mega Evil Villains That Defiantly Went To Hell). She creped me out.

And the last picture... O_O

Sequel? Please?

Epic breakdown.

:fire: :scratch: :headbang:

Image Dual Destinies has rekindled my love for this fandom.
Re: Apollo Justice Case 5: full game released! (+7 h gameplaTopic%20Title

Neni wrote:
Alright, I have used this Name thing as a distraction during learning the Kanji for my Theory test today and, I must say, it worked very well (and I think I did fine on the test as well...)

In any case, here are the names I came up with. I am not 100% satisfied with them, so I would like to know your opinion, as the creators of the characters, on what I came up with. One name is especially troublesome, because a part of it's pun has been used in the series' japanese version before... *Sigh*

Anyway, here are the names:

Spoiler: Names, Names and lots of Japanese Characters
Rhea Wits:
“Shiniga Miseki”
志二画 実赤
Changed the first Kanji to one that reflects the Pun better.

Nathan Wits:
“Shiniga Kichirou”
志二画 愧郎
I didn’t know the meaning of the original name, but I took “Kichirou” because it literally means “Shy Son”, reflecting the facts that he a) didn’t like being photographed and b) was single.

Strings:
"Itoraku"
絃楽
The Kanji are usually read „Gengaku“ and mean „String music“.

Paul:
"Noriyuki"
典逾希
“Iwadare Noriyuki” is the current lead composer of the Gyakuten Saiban series and also responsible for the orchestral arrangements of the songs. This variation of the name is, however, spelt with different Kanji.
First Kanji can mean „Rule“, or „Law“
Second Kanji means „Go beyond“
Third Kanji means „Hope“ as well as „Greece“
It’s meant to reflect that he crossed the boarders of law in hope of something.

Gerald:
"Masakazu"
正下手
„Sugimori Masakazu“ was the lead composer for „Gyakuten Saiban: Yomigaeru Gyakuten“, the DS remake of the first game, as well as it’s GBA original. This variation of the name is, however, spelt with different Kanji.
First Kanji: „Justice“ or „Correct“
The second and third Kanji together usually mean „Heta“;which means means „Poor“(in the sense of „Unskilled“), „Awkward“ or „Clumsy“.
Also, “Masaka!” means “This cannot be!” This could be how his textboxes could be labeled. (The one problem here is, that there’s already a character who has “Masaka” for their first name in the Japanese version of the games: It’s Olga Orly’s first name there.)

Vivian Snow:
"Aida Setsuko"
会田 雪子
Common female name, written the same as „Yukiko“ in some cases and baring the same meaning: “Snow Child” (I originally wanted to use the name “Yukiko”, but it wouldn’t have worked well, seeing how I already have a “NoriYUKI” in there.)
The first and last name are a combination of the two names of the actress “Setsuko Hara”, who was born as “Masae Aida”. She was the most popular Japanese actress until she suddenly stopped performing and seemingly disappeared from the face of the earth, refusing photographs and interviews and causing lots of theories regarding her retirement. This is hinting at how Vivian’s “One Scene Wonder” status can confuse some players into believing her to be more important than she really is.

Jessica Poole:
"Hangaku Takeko"
坂額 竹子
From Lady Hangaku and Takeko Nakano, two famous female Samurai.

The Erlenmeyers:
"Noyori"
否依
First Kanji: „Denial“, „No“
Second Kanji: “Dependant on”, “Reliant”, also contained in the term for “Lawyer’s Client”.
“Noyori” is a Japanese chemist and won a nobel price.

Robert:
"Keiichi"
圭一
The “Kei” Kanji means “Treasured”.(Not that this was too important...) The Kanji“Ichi” means “One”. It’s common in Japan to add numbers corresponding to the order in which they were born to children’s names, especially in the case of twins.

Bob:
"Keiji"
圭二
Same as above, except with the Kanji for „Two“ instead of „One.

Fake name:
"Keiji"

Simply an alternative spelling of “Keiji”, which doesn’t contain the “2”-Kanji, in order to obscure the fact that he’s got a brother. Believe me, when you're thinking in Kanji (like the japanese) the fact that both names, Keiichi and Keiji spoken out loud start with "Kei" doesn't stick out too much. The language has too many homophones for something like that to be apparent on first glance.

Fake Last Name:
"Housho"
北條
Actually means „Northern Light”. The pun becomes apparent when putting the names together in the western order: “Keijihousho” means “criminal indemnity”.

Oh, also, I finished the outlines of the fanart I made:

Spoiler: Undeniable Proof that I totally can't draw Polly.
Getting there...

That is absolutely amazing. This must be the kind of thinking that the localization team does in the other direction.

I'm playing through this case, and it's amazing. Just made it to Day 2. I want to make some predictions (I love doing this before finishing an AA case) so check after the spoiler tags:

Spoiler:
Right now, I'm split between G. Strings (lol) and Rhea, leaning more so on Rhea. The only reason for G. Strings is that he fits the whole random character being the criminal and Rhea would be completely mindblowing. However, I remembered how Rhea made a comment about Apollo's Bracelet the day before and suddenly it's missing after she spent the night? Now she might just be trying to sabotage the case because she hates Erlenmeyer, but her really sinister exchange of dialogue with G. Strings at the conclusion of the first case has made me wonder. So, right now, I'm going to have to predict (and I don't know the motive) Rhea as the most likely culprit

EDIT: Rhea's whole "R-Really?" When Apollo was about to announce the killer just now as I played isn't doing her any favors. Actually, though, there is a lot of evidence for Poole also. I didn't consider her. I just... I don't think it would be that obvious.

Thanks, glad you're liking it so far!

Obviously can't comment on the prediction :p

I finished it. In terms of writing, there was an absolutely astonishing amount of detail in the case. I'll comment more after the spoiler tag, but I very much appreciated how well pre-established characters were written, such as Apollo. They were characterized very well and felt consistent with the main games. The dialogue felt quite in line with the main games, and nothing felt forced or overbearing. This was certainly a labor of love, and I appreciate that.

Spoiler:
While I did call Rhea being the killer, that's actually a testament for how great the writing was. One of the strong points of the entire series is it's attention to details and how the games don't throw contrived explanations for solutions to cases (except Case 3 and 4 of Apollo Justice, but you can't win 'em all), and this case absolutely nailed that. In fact, now I want to replay it to see if there's any other hints dropped that I missed. Nothing felt like throwaway dialogue, the case made perfect sense, and I was able to play the game with a typical Ace Attorney mentality to great success. Absolutely phenomenal work!

BtCE > Thank you so much for your review, it's always a great pleasure to read comments such as yours =)

Spoiler:
We did spend a lot of time on tiny little aspects that make the experience better for the player, glad you were able to pick up on those.
Funny thing is, back when the case wasn't that well-known, players weren't expecting there to be so much foreshadowing. They didn't pay attention to the details, and so Rhea being the killer was seen as a shocking revelation.
Now that TSub has a certain reputation, many more people seem to find the answer beforehand. Possibly because they come in expecting quality.

Since you liked the game, I can only encourage you to play New Year's Turnabout, by Bad Player and me. It's a filler case and doesn't have any custom sprites yet (it was made in one month for a competition, which it won) but it's been well received as well, with 6 AAO awards nominations this year. Most of all, stay tuned for its sequel The Black Turnabout, which is even more ambitious than TSub. The first parts should be out relatively soon.

1000% Knight

Ping' wrote:
Since you liked the game, I can only encourage you to play New Year's Turnabout, by Bad Player and me.

Link's in my sig, if you're interested ;D

And thanks for playing TSub! Glad you enjoyed it ^_^

Dracarys!

Ugh... That final contradiction in New Year's Turnabout is killing me.
Page 32 of 34 [ 1333 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Games