Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 1 of 7[ 280 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Ace Attorneys: Rising Justice (Update 12/25/13 DevDiary 1.6)Topic%20Title

Rising Inspirations

Hi, and welcome. This will be the information thread for the Ace Attorneys: Rising Justice fan game.

Out of the blue updates: 12/11/13 Slowly working on project.

Prologue

It's been a year since that trial. I suppose a lot has happened during that time. I spent seven long years to see that day. Was it for revenge like he said? Possibly, but... My past is like my logic, straight and true. Nothing's changed. All I did was point the finger of justice in the right direction. And now... I have a chance to become the person I used to be. Or rather... Continue to be this person.

Trailers

Spoiler: Trailers
Ace Attorneys: Rising Justice trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eweCGhDDzL8
Episode 1: Whipping Turnabouts trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrmMb_UD1po

Ace Attorneys: Rising Justice is intended to focus on both the works of Wright and Justice (haha, puns). Depending the length of the script, it may very well be a 5 episode game if all works out. It'll follow a similar format (3-2) much like Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Trial and Tribulations in which three episodes will portray Apollo and two episodes on Phoenix. They will assist each other considerably in this story.

Episodes

Episode 1: Whipping Turnabouts wrote:

"Rising Inspirations; Imaginative Aspirations."

Spoiler: Thank and Synopsis
Welcome to the release of Episode 1: Whipping Turnabouts. The third completed PWLib game and the first to publicly have working investigation(s) (in PWLib). I have to thank you for waiting in these three months. Allow me to say that the most I expect from this episode is a "good enough." What I expect from this episode is to bring the potential of a wondrous story. If it is "epic" on its own as compared to many great fangames, I only have you to thank.

You may not like this Episode, and that is fine. You may love this Episode, and I truly appreciate for you playing it. To those who have doubted me in how I will execute such concepts, here is the first answer to your questions. It may leave you with more questions, but remember, a story is a story, focus on the subtle details and think how it will work with the big picture. To those who have supported me, again, your advice and motivation has helped me in building this Episode.

This Episode is an attempt in breaking "typical" boundaries or limitations that the game or the person, him or herself would do in creating a fangame. As to what they are, play the game :godot: . I hope (like many others before me), I inspire others in making a story and produce their own "game."

Episode 1 is very simplistic in nature, especially the "case" itself. It is meant to be. To be honest, it is more difficult in keeping it simple than over-the-top (and intricate). It's an intention, but for what reason? I said it before, it's for a certain literary effect that Ping mentioned as well as many others in other topics. The nature of the game is to think about the subtle details. They are a huge determining factor of the amount of "story" you will receive. You may be satisfied of what's blatantly given, but you may not realize the intricate backgrounds (characterizations, etc.) that are presented. One day, I'll give you the details; ask the questions and I'll answer them, eventually.

Also, this Episode does not do the usual/typical "The name's Apollo Justice, I am a defense attorney," or "That's Trucy Wright, Mr. Wright's step-daughter, and heir to the Gramarye magic;" it's under the assumption that you know the background of the characters.

Spoiler: Old History
Episode 1: Whipping Turnabouts

"The smallest and most simplistic details… Are the most significant source of information."

Synopsis: It's been a year since the Jurist System test trial. On November 9, 2027, Apollo Justice will set foot in the courtroom to not only defend a client but to follow the same question that has resided with his predecessors. What does it mean to be a defense attorney? What does it mean to be a lawyer? What is HIS creed? At what cost will Apollo spend in order to know that meaning? Under familiar faces and the return of a fallen attorney, what will Apollo encounter and what does Apollo need to search first? The trial begins.

Quote:

At the pace that I am going right now and the pace that I predict while I'm in school, I should have this episode done by October-November 2010. Maybe even sooner.

So quick info on the episode.
Quote:
Estimated playtime: 15 min-1 hr 20 min (very rough, will have a close friend beta test it to see)
Difficulty: Medium (maybe funnily annoying at a specific part of the game :redd: )
Estimated number of cross-examinations: 7

After going over the script, I believe you won't understand the purpose of the returning chars, at least not until maybe episode 3. That may change in order to better the pacing of the story, if it's needed. Checking it over again.

Now, things that are done.
Quote:
Complete overhaul of button graphics, yay.
Button background(s), deciding to use the AAI styled one or another one that I have made. I will show later on.
New loading screen background.
Currently 4,000 lines of code. Haven't optimized yet.
1 "epic" scene picture.

Here are the pics from the first post
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Things need to be done.
Quote:
Make the case select.
Designing Wendy Oldbag (PW:AA) set. I believe I'll learn how animation works in AIGE/PWLib pretty soon.
Redesign Franziska. Clothes are being cleaned up and being shaded.
Redesign Gumshoe.
Make the Franziska whiplash effect. I need the sheet, I have a gif, but I haven't properly separated it with the proper transparency.
1 custom bg.

Once episode 1 is released, I will release info on the next 4 episodes.

One episode I recommend replaying; 2-4.

Spoiler: Episode 1 Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrmMb_UD1po

Gotta love pictures.
Spoiler: Pictures
"The Beginning of a Story."

ImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"History."
ImageImageImageImage

To those that are credited and acknowledged, you will see the credits in the 2nd movie.
Spoiler: Credits/Acknowledgments
Credits
Radex
KSA_Tech
Scent
MiaFeyFan
SendoBrian

Acknowledgments
Ping
Tap
nekonohime
Nudalman
Manson
Indochine Ramera
Huddini
MayaPhoenix
miles_edgeworth
kwando
DeMatador
EmilyMarkham
Dypo
Singapore123
TheWrightWay
Topaz
King Treuth
Meph
Nevfx
Little Magician
Power Berry
Mimi Mika

Spoiler: Extra Thank Yous
To people of random order.

KSA_Tech - If it weren't for your project, I wouldn't have been able to bring this level of "art." I hope, that this third PWLib game adds to the list. If you plan on playing it with PWLib 1.2, I expect a 60% compatibility because of the half-assed fixes I used. Hehe, I need to fix them.

Scent - Thank you for continously posting in this topic. And thank you for the Wendy Oldbag idea.

Indochine Ramera - I hope you are there still ;).

Nudalman - Like Scent, I'm glad you post quite a bit. I am still holding my answer for Re:tracer :3.

Ping - I am sorry if I disappointed you for slacking off the music loops. But, I have to thank you for motivating me since the beginning development of this episode. You have been also a good adviser as well.

Tap - Thanks for sticking up with this topic, hehe, I have to admit there are some similarities to my Episode 1 and your Episode 1.

Neknohime - I'm happy that it'll be the first PWLib game you have played.

Manson - Thank you for being one of the first motivators. This should quench your anticipation. I hope I didn't fail you ;)

MayaPhoenix - X3. <- Yes, that smiley is the comment. Haha.

Huddini - Yes, be very proud of your fangame. You have thought plenty on the execution of your trial.

EmilyMarkham - It's here! xD

DeMatador - Thank you. Here's the first part to your question.

"August 6, 2010 - November 6, 2010"

Spoiler: The Making of Episode 1
11/2/10 post1123826.html#p1123826
10/29/10 post1122697.html#p1122697
10/23/10 post1121173.html#p1121173
10/14/10 post1119739.html#p1119739
10/13/10 post1119047.html#p1119047
10/11/10 post1118831.html#p1118831 post1118737.html#p1118737
10/5/10 post1117825.html#p1117825
10/9/10 post1118447.html#p1118447
10/3/10 post1117443.html#p1117443
10/2/10 post1117089.html#p1117089 post1117170.html#p1117170
9/28/10 (Cross-examination difficulty graph) post1116464.html#p1116464
9/26/10 post1116162.html#p1116162
9/25/10 (DevDiary #1) post1115848.html#p1115848
9/23/10 post1115480.html#p1115480
9/18/10 post1114523.html#p1114523
9/12/10 post1113281.html#p1113281
9/8/10 post1112113.html#p1112113
9/4/10 post1111283.html#p1111283 post1111427.html#p1111427
8/26/10 Continuing graphic edits. Closing on coding the epic and my favorite scene. Beginning to create caseselect episode 1 screen. Splitting the whip animation sprite effect that I found. Hoping to find a higher quality one. One that is an actual sheet.
I think I found the climatic music for the final cross-examination (wonder who's the last one to be cross-examined :rolls eyes:)
Final Cross-Examination Music: FXIII Desperate Struggle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euDZEbpvi54
8/25/10 (Wendy Oldbag for PWLib 1.1 created) post1109191.html#p1109191
8/23/10 post1108876.html#p1108876
8/15/10 11:34PM (PST) Updated Franziska sprite. Still very rough. Can clearly see the half-assed brushing. Just building a base. It's getting there. Suggestions are welcome. Oh, still looking for the Franziska whip (effect) sprite sheet.
8/15/10 Major revisions on button graphics. Sure, small details, but don't want to do too much of one thing (coding etc) and I want to make this unique as possible. I am thinking of making an AAI styled background under the button graphics. Any input will be nice.
8/14/10 Redesigning button graphics. Check it out. What you may see may change later on.
8/13/10 Just some more dialogue scripting. I will show pics when things become more fleshed out.
8/11/10 WIP Franziska, I'm still shading her, I'm deciding color choice for her clothes, mostly likely white, I'm trying to think of hairstyle, most likely ponytail, advice wanted
8/9/10 Redoing some of the "logic"/case.
8/8/10 (10:45PM PST) Edited Franziska. Considering to change her hair. Will show pics when she's completed.
8/8/10 Some visible progress. A simple color edit of Edgeworth based on his "revival" in PW:AA:JFA, a little long and tedious, but simple. Anything that you see may change later on. Expect more serious character edits later on.
And before anyone asks, Wright is acting as an assistant in this episode. You will play as Apollo in this episode.
8/7/10 Working on the first Cross-Examination. Most of the dialogue for court room is done. Still working on some parts, some I feel are forced or almost out of character. Scripting Edgeworth (mine will have some gfx edits on him, mainly color) but I will have originals shown unless said otherwise. Thanks Tap!
8/7/10 Working on court room now. Need to script sprites of Apollo and Edgeworth.
8/6/10 Scripting dialogue and have plenty of placeholders at the moment.

Download wrote:
"The smallest and most simplistic details… Are the most significant source of information."

Please have the following: Quicktime and WinRAR. For the first experience, extract the game, go to movies folder, play AARJ Intro (with Quicktime), and then play the game.

Direct X 9.0c: http://www.filehippo.com/download_directx/
Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 SP1 Redistributable (32-bit): http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/d ... laylang=en

Link (165.43 MB): http://www.mediafire.com/?kiazh74ylnc1p9l
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FJ2SF6L5

If you have downloaded the game before November 10, 2010 at 8:36 PM (Pacific Standard Time) download this (AARJ_EP1.hlsl) correction: http://www.mediafire.com/?72os07oj9ya8awu

Place AARJ_EP1.hlsl, in the cases folder.

Episode 1: Whipping Turnabouts (Version 0.90)
Estimated playtime: 1 hr 50 min+
Difficulty: Exponentially increases (Easy to Hard)
Number of cross-examinations: 6 (7 does not exist in my world, aww you only get 6)

Please read the Guide (Readme) for important info such as specs/requirements and other fun stuff.

*As I said before, I will not give advice for a whole week (like hints on CEs).

I could and probably will be dead wrong on the difficulty. But, I can be confident enough to know the intricacy of the story itself. And I am 99% sure that there will be some minor (and possibly major) grammatical errors. (Seriously, try dealing with over 10k lines of code)

Spoiler: VERY IMPORTANT NOTES
Known Bugs
Text overlays each other (sometimes) whenever colored text is used.
Backgrounds stretch. Especially stretches button background (AAI-styled bg) when an examine is done.
Fade in/out. Whenever you minimize the game while it is fading in or out (a character or bg) it will freeze the fading. Character or background could be dimmed.
The saving/loading is very unpredictable. I honestly do not know what you will experience.
Sometimes you won't be able to "X" out, so, on your taskbar, right click and then close the game.

Version 0.90
Half-assed fixes.
setvar([pw_crossexamattorneycode],500000); //I set 500000 for Apollo's Vs. graphic (the graphic when you see a character's eyes for a cross-examination)
I replaced the GS1-3 court backgrounds with GS4 court backgrounds.
I edited the courtroom overview position (x, y coords) of the Judge and defense attorney.
I moved the position of the witness, defense attorney, and prosecutor graphics with Photoshop in order to match with the courtroom overview background.
Made a half-assed "GK" argument/rebuttal cross-examination.
Made a makeshift "whipping," you hear the stuff, but you don't see it. I had problems.
Old code used for normal Hobo Phoenix. There are graphical glitches to it.

Other
Small details such as the music loops.
The lack of a proper embedded player (as of right now).
The half-assed fixes used for PWLib 1.1.

"Thank you for being there."

Last edited by Radex on Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:57 pm, edited 84 times in total.
Re: Ace Attorneys: Rising JusticeTopic%20Title

They don't :c

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

I have to say... this sounds promising. Though I am VERY curious: what exactly is the game's concept? Just a sequel to Apollo Justice with two attorneys? Because personally, and I think a lot of people agree, I think a game that is just an excuse for Phoenix to get his badge back while also servicing Apollo, Edgeworth, Gumshoe, Ema, Maya and Franziska fans may sound, um... interesting, but turns out to be largely uninteresting and forced when brought to practice. The thing is, it sounds extremely hard for anybody to find a good, interesting way to mix Phoenix, Maya, Apollo, Franziska, Edgeworth, and who know who else, into a same game. I believe the only one to find a good way to mix the Apollo and Phoenix worlds so far has been papermario... and it involves semi-time-travelling and time paradoxes. See how far-fetched the idea of a reunion is?

So, my entire point here is, I hope you have a good... let's call it "excuse" to do a Phoenix-Apollo game. If you do, then this game will most probably be great. If not... well, you know what I mean :/

But from what we've actually seen of the game so far (the logo and the trailer), as I said when I started this post, it does sound promising.

Rising Inspirations

DeMatador wrote:
I have to say... this sounds promising. Though I am VERY curious: what exactly is the game's concept? Just a sequel to Apollo Justice with two attorneys? Because personally, and I think a lot of people agree, I think a game that is just an excuse for Phoenix to get his badge back while also servicing Apollo, Edgeworth, Gumshoe, Ema, Maya and Franziska fans may sound, um... interesting, but turns out to be largely uninteresting and forced when brought to practice. The thing is, it sounds extremely hard for anybody to find a good, interesting way to mix Phoenix, Maya, Apollo, Franziska, Edgeworth, and who know who else, into a same game. I believe the only one to find a good way to mix the Apollo and Phoenix worlds so far has been papermario... and it involves semi-time-travelling and time paradoxes. See how far-fetched the idea of a reunion is?

So, my entire point here is, I hope you have a good... let's call it "excuse" to do a Phoenix-Apollo game. If you do, then this game will most probably be great. If not... well, you know what I mean :/

But from what we've actually seen of the game so far (the logo and the trailer), as I said when I started this post, it does sound promising.

Good questions, much of this game's concept is under the broad idea of "tying loose ends" of the previous stories. That makes part of what you said regarding with the sequel thing true. That's the very basic idea. That includes that "card" as well as the ending for AJ:AA (that ending I believe is essential in this story which will be shown in this episode). I completely understand and knew the risks as well which includes the that "forceful" feel as well as underdevelopment. Their current roles are kept for the most part.

There has to be a reason why there is a need for Phoenix to need to go back to his roots (I never did say he's going to receive his badge ;) simply a question if he should go back or continue the person that he is. I could say he's an attorney by heart but I feel that's somewhat typical and boring. Going back in time allows more room for storytelling especially as shown by PW:AA:T&T with the 3-2 concept shown but there are other ways in expanding their stories and much that could be assumed.

I also considered how AAI flowed in its story based on its attempts with the usual 5 episode format but keeping consistent (no "filler" episodes like the other games) with its story. I hope I'm not beating around the bush too much. If anything, hopefully this episode will set a firm basis for the other episodes.

But you have seen it through papermario's concept which is possible because of what you said (that I also realized too while deciding this story). I considered it and also wondered like you if there is another way to present a story including these characters. Of course there has to be a "dominant" protagonist, I'm assuming Phoenix is papermario's. Mine would be Apollo.

And I have seen another method of storytelling which is possible through this WoW Machinima: http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=53953
Expanding the possibility of their story. After all, 8 years has passed in this story. I agree, though, give them a significant reason to be there, not simply for the fan service. And I hope to show that with the beginning episodes.

*JEEZ I sounded like a politician X_X. Hopefully the first episode will make more sense of what I'm trying to say.

Two more games coming up soon

Radex > Good luck with this game!

It seems to have plenty of promise. I can see it becoming something, not because of the concept, but because of your attitude, which screams "I can do the job" :) You actually think about what you're doing, and are able to put it into words. It's only a first step, but one most people miss.

The only concern I have is how much of the plot you've got figured out already. Are you being deliberately vague, or are you forced to ?
Creator of Apollo Justice Case 5: Turnabout Substitution: Trailer - Download
Co-creator of New Year's Turnabout, Turnabout Revolution, and At Dawn's Break

Rising Inspirations

Ping' wrote:
Radex > Good luck with this game!

It seems to have plenty of promise. I can see it becoming something, not because of the concept, but because of your attitude, which screams "I can do the job" :) You actually think about what you're doing, and are able to put it into words. It's only a first step, but one most people miss.

The only concern I have is how much of the plot you've got figured out already. Are you being deliberately vague, or are you forced to ?

Thank you XD. Forced to for the most part.

Episode 1 is completed (plot wise, around 21 pages currently) and constantly revised while scripting the game; that's my current focus atm, I need that episode to be able to hold a firm ground for others. I am working on the court room atm, testimony and all. Afterwards, I need to start adding the effects. Find and edit some sprites. Obtain sounds. And if I can't find Apollo for PWLib, I'll simply create him through sheets that I obtained a while back. I believe I have 60 or so lines of placeholders currently in the game atm.

Episode 2 I would say is partly done, script-wise, like DeMatador is thinking, I want to make some familiar characters' appearances relevant and important. Funny thing is, Episode 4 is considerably more completed than episode 2 simply because episode 1 has set up a basis specifically for that episode. Episode 3 (1 page of notes) and 5 (2-3 pages of notes) pulling out concepts/ideas and tying with the others. I want to be able to follow a similar format like AAI and mostly T&T in which they are able to connect or seem relevant to each other rather than having a bunch of cases with different chars and then loosely tying the episodes.

Ambitious, yep, always have been. I could have simply waited until the entire script to be done but seeing it's a one man thing right now, I have to juggle with some things otherwise I would lack development in other areas, and since I intend to release them episodically, it wouldn't hurt to show something since one of the episodes is considered completed. I said it on the first post, if it fails, it goes to the trash, :godot: , if it succeeds, it'll be part of the few that are well made, yours being one of them.

20 pages for case 1 and some pages for each of the other cases is about enough at this point, don't worry :p
I was afraid it would only be a few really basic ideas in your head.

Good to see you're being realistic about your chances of completing this. Now all you need is to convince yourself that at least case 1 won't fail to the point that it becomes a mantra, a line in your programming, and I'm positive you'll get it done.

Rising Inspirations

Ping' wrote:
20 pages for case 1 and some pages for each of the other cases is about enough at this point, don't worry :p
I was afraid it would only be a few really basic ideas in your head.

Good to see you're being realistic about your chances of completing this. Now all you need is to convince yourself that at least case 1 won't fail to the point that it becomes a mantra, a line in your programming, and I'm positive you'll get it done.

Not a worry :D, it's always in my mindset that once I start something, I intend to finish it. Since I couldn't find Edgeworth and Apollo sets for PWLib, I'll make my own and release them (I may even be able to 'high-res' them, given the time). Since PWLib has a faulty save/load system, it kinda worries me but, I am highly anticipating for 1.2, at least a RC version if possible. Still have other plans to fall back to.

So some updates:
// Working on the first Cross-Examination. Most of the dialogue for court room is done. Still working on some parts, some I feel are forced or almost out of character.
// Scripting Edgeworth (mine will have some gfx edits on him, mainly color) but I will have originals shown unless said otherwise.

That's it for now :D.

Radex wrote:
Not a worry :D, it's always in my mindset that once I start something, I intend to finish it. Since I couldn't find Edgeworth and Apollo sets for PWLib, I'll make my own and release them (I may even be able to 'high-res' them, given the time). Since PWLib has a faulty save/load system, it kinda worries me but, I am highly anticipating for 1.2, at least a RC version if possible. Still have other plans to fall back to.

There's no need to make your own since they already exist. Try searching comaster's posts for Apollo since it has been posted and download Damion Shard to get Edgeworth's file. :)

Rising Inspirations

Tap wrote:
Radex wrote:

There's no need to make your own since they already exist. Try searching comaster's posts for Apollo since it has been posted and download Damion Shard to get Edgeworth's file. :)

Thank you so much man. I actually did search in comaster's posts but I must have overlooked it haha. Thanks again for the help. More time for scripting the court and removed half the placeholders I set.
Re: Ace Attorneys: Rising Justice (8/17 Updated info)Topic%20Title

Rising Inspirations

Hey, Court-Records! Yes, I know, double posting = bad. But, this is one of the few major updates I actually have and it will be a while when I post again (school work etc.)

Quote:

At the pace that I am going right now and the pace that I predict while I'm in school, I should have this episode done by October-November 2010. Maybe even sooner.

So quick info on the episode.
Quote:
Estimated playtime: 15 min-1 hr 20 min (very rough, will have a close friend beta test it to see)
Difficulty: Easy-medium (maybe funnily annoying at a specific part of the game :redd: )
Estimated number of cross-examinations: 5 (may be higher, will see)

After going over the script, I believe you won't understand the purpose of the returning chars, at least not until maybe episode 3. That may change in order to better the pacing of the story, if it's needed. Checking it over again.

Now, things that are done.
Quote:
Complete overhaul of button graphics, yay.
Button background(s), deciding to use the AAI styled one or another one that I have made. I will show later on.
New loading screen background.
Currently 4,000 lines of code. Haven't optimized yet.
1 "epic" scene picture.

Here are the pics from the first post
Spoiler:
ImageImageImageImage

Things need to be done.
Quote:
Make the case select.
Designing Wendy Oldbag (PW:AA) set. I believe I'll learn how animation works in AIGE/PWLib pretty soon.
Redesign Franziska. Clothes are being cleaned up and being shaded.
Redesign Gumshoe.
Make the Franziska whiplash effect. I need the sheet, I have a gif, but I haven't properly separated it with the proper transparency.
1 custom bg.

Once episode 1 is released, I will release info on the next 4 episodes.

One episode I recommend replaying; 2-5.

I will see you then :godot: . One week left in my summer break, I better prepare for school.

*Oh, by the way, I'm happy to do requests. But know that I do things at my own pace. The following I can do (for this moment):
Trailers (I require that you have the assets prepared beforehand, graphics and music, or at least graphics)
Button graphics, logos, and possibly more.
And possibly backgrounds, depending type of background.
Re: Ace Attorneys: Rising Justice (Episode 1 release date)Topic%20Title

It's good to see you're making progress on your game. I'm interested in seeing how you pull this off as it's an interesting concept. ^^

However...

Quote:

If you're talking about a canon case, there is no 2-5. :/

Rising Inspirations

Tap wrote:
It's good to see you're making progress on your game. I'm interested in seeing how you pull this off as it's an interesting concept. ^^

However...

Quote:

If you're talking about a canon case, there is no 2-5. :/

Haha, excuse me for that. 2-4, I mean. Made that post 5 in the morning. Had no sleep. >_> There is one interesting idea I have that I want to implement, if I'm right it may pull some osht/WTF expressions.

I object to the objection

I really think this would be an interesting game.
I think that, with a good storyline through the whole game etc., this game will be great (:

Well well this sounds promising I have to say. I'm waiting for more info about the game. Your development of the game is very interesting!^^

Rising Inspirations

MayaPhoenix wrote:
I really think this would be an interesting game.
I think that, with a good storyline through the whole game etc., this game will be great (:

Yeah, let's all hope that :).

Indochine Ramera wrote:
Well well this sounds promising I have to say. I'm waiting for more info about the game. Your development of the game is very interesting!^^

A talent for hyping, friends say. Delivering, worked just as well, when I was painting and hyping my space series (in dA).

Despite my direct vagueness, I do have this planned out well. I just hope I can keep up with the pace especially during in school. I know there would be more to comment if I do give out more "direct" info but the vagueness does kinda make you wonder how will I play with a concept (going back what DeMatador has said) that has repeatedly failed in the past xD.

The Trusty Nudal!

This looks good - I'll keep my eye on this one. It seems clear that you know exactly what you're doing and you have dedication.
Good luck :)
Signature and Avatar by the wonderful Midnight Jasper! Check out her graphics, you will be impressed!
Check out my sprites!
Creator of Leon Prinze Ace Attorney - Final Judgment (Sprites by Ceres)

Rising Inspirations

Hey guys! Minor update, been doing homework.

Anyway as promised, button background, I decided to use the AAI styled one, the other, not really worth presenting. And the loading screen which only took me 5 minutes to do. Feel free to use the assets I have created, tell me what you'll be using it for, I'm curious as to how you will use it, and credit when possible.

ImageImage

Now, hm, when I think about whipping turnabouts, I think about spinning roundabouts. No, not circular logic. Hm, just the direction the game.

An epic picture, don't you remember? Some thoughts there.

Oh, quick question for any spriter who uses Photoshop, what is your brush/pencil setting (especially with using the Pen Tool). Hehe, admittedly it's been a while since I last sprited, around 5-6 years, and didn't really do AA styled sprites <_<...

Feel free to ask about some things about the development of the game.

Apollon Flame

Radex wrote:

An epic picture, don't you remember? Some thoughts there.

"Epic" is a von Karma's middle name. :karma: :franny:
A King

in name

alone...

Rising Inspirations

For your Franziska, I call out Wendy :). She's gonna need more epic to beat this beast.
Spoiler:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Wendy Oldbag for PWLib 1.1

http://www.mediafire.com/?8l2chvaa1gw4y9y

My first character to be animated in PWLib. Woot. *Pats self* Thank you Saluk for providing the sheets.

Ah, my childish humor. Ugh, I feel so dirty D: . Help me!

Tell me if there are any problems with it, I'll be sure to correct them as fast as possible.
Re: Ace Attorneys: Rising Justice (Wendy Oldbag released 8/25)Topic%20Title

One word: Ngggoooooooooooh!!!!!!

Why her? Why again? ;(

Hurray for Oldbag. XD

I'm guessing she's appearing in Case 1?

Rising Inspirations

Ping' wrote:
One word: Ngggoooooooooooh!!!!!!

Why her? Why again? ;(

No one has actually made a PWLib Wendy so, hell, to work on my animating skills in PWLib, I used her as practice XD. Yes, I know how you feel. How can she still be alive :(?

Tap' wrote:
Hurray for Oldbag. XD

I'm guessing she's appearing in Case 1?

Yes, and no. For overused comedic relief, hell yeah. The no part, I got thoughts on redesigning her <_<...

Loooooool for Oldbad. It's good to see her again!^^

Apollon Flame

Eeewww!!! D:
I've been s.c.a.r.r.e.d.
But thanks for contributing! :]
A King

in name

alone...

Rising Inspirations

Scent wrote:
Eeewww!!! D:
I've been s.c.a.r.r.e.d.
But thanks for contributing! :]

No problem. How do you think I feel D: especially with all the dirty comments that I made *hint-hint... in the SPOILERS*.

I like my Wendy dead :3... Thoughts there (Oh, no, no, no, she's not a victim).

Updates

//Continuing graphic edits.
//Closing on coding the epic and my favorite scene.
//Beginning to create caseselect episode 1 screen.
//Splitting the whip animation sprite effect that I found. Hoping to find a higher quality one. One that is an actual sheet.
//I think I found the climatic music for the final cross-examination (wonder who's the last one to be cross-examined :rolls eyes:)

Oh, might as well state some bugs.

Known bugs

//Text will overlay each other when using colored text.
//Since I changed courtroom to GS4 courtroom, current courtroom placements are out of line with CRO except gallery.
//Edgeworth glitches when he talks in "handondesk" position, looking up in the animation sheet to find the problem.
//Saving is being a pain.

Final Cross-Examination Music

FXIII Desperate Struggle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euDZEbpvi54

It captures what I am thinking about for this particular Cross-Examination, if I can call it as one.
Re: Ace Attorneys: Rising Justice (Final Cross Exam music 8/27)Topic%20Title

Quote:

:O

Okay, your game is going to be epic. That's an epic track and it's from a great game which makes it better. ;)

I too plan to use FF music so our games will both be awesome. FF ftw. :karma:

This game looks really awesome so far. I can't wait to play it. And using Final Fantasy 13 music too? Nice.

Rising Inspirations

Tap wrote:
Quote:

:O

Okay, your game is going to be epic. That's an epic track and it's from a great game which makes it better. ;)

I too plan to use FF music so our games will both be awesome. FF ftw. :karma:

Thank you :D. Haha, glad to hear that you're using FF music as well, great sense/choice. Makes me more interested in seeing your game now <.<... I'll play it when I finish Episode 1 :D.

nekonohime wrote:
This game looks really awesome so far. I can't wait to play it. And using Final Fantasy 13 music too? Nice.

Thank you for the comment :D, hope you enjoy it when Episode 1 is released. Haha yes FF13, I spent quite a bit of time to find music that fits that particular cross-examination (something nice). I searched through Immediate Music, X-Ray Dog, Audiomachine, Two Steps from Hell, the Tales Series (Abyss, Vesperia, Symphonia, Symphonia DotNW), FF10-13, and Kingdom Hearts (1, 2, 358/2 Days, Birth by Sleep). Hehe it took me a while.
Re: Ace Attorneys: Rising Justice (Small anouncement 9/2)Topic%20Title

Rising Inspirations

"Some things are simply reflections."

Major Update 9/4

I gotta say, I managed to get a lot done today.
Quote:
Things done: 1 Cross-examination completed.
Added questions.
Reorganizing code.
Some minor graphics.

Woohoo for weekends. If you paid attention to the PWLib topic, 1.2 RC1 is planned to be released. Which means... I can optimize the game more and fix up the half-assed fixes I used for this episode. I'm thinking about helping KSA_Tech with the PWLib Unleashed (art part and tutorials), that is if I have time, trying to see how well I can manage my time before I ask such a thing.

Oh, I also want to do a perceive-examination but that may increase the time. There are other ways around it I suppose. We'll see.

Yes, that is actually part of the episode.

Boredom. Just randomly painting/editing. 1 hr. I don't think I will use this (maybe).
Stuff to fix: Fix up the tie and white shirt. Fix lining. Fix up the shading.

There's a picture I made that I say is on the epic scale. I will not show it, simply because it's epically spoilery.

Quote:
Ace Attorneys: Rising Justice
Estimated playtime: 15 min-1 hr 20 min (still rough)
Difficulty: Easy-medium
Estimated number of cross-examinations: 7

A note: For players who tries to keep a perfect lifebar (haha me), give it up now. You're going to be burned a lot. And yet I still think it's on the easy-medium scale. Hmmm...
The quotes above, are highly relevant, enough said.

Expect more pictures (cross-examinations mainly).
Re: Ace Attorneys: Rising Justice (Major Update 9/4)Topic%20Title

Apollon Flame

Is this a new gameplay mechanic?? :eh?:

Hmmm... Do I smell a case taking place in the Gatewater Hotel?? :Brush-Sniff:
A King

in name

alone...
Re: Ace Attorneys: Rising Justice (Major Update 9/4)Topic%20Title

Rising Inspirations

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

A comment for each picture. There's nothing too spoilery here. Yes, there's Gumshoe. Now the other pictures are "unrelated" to Gumshoe as the logic there doesn't fall under his testimony. That logic up there is part of the "epic" logic that I created. Now, the commenting the next picture. The "ARE YOU HIGH, JUSTICE" part is something I did for the hell of it in order to maintain interest in this game (haha I like the irony in that picture), probably might remove it, but hey, tell me what it references :phoenix: . The next three pictures are part of the explanation of that logic. And the last one is the question in seeing how you understand that logic, it's pretty easy.

Now, just to help understand Episode 1 a little better (or screw with your mind even more), I'll give the project and potentially the actual episode name for Episode 2. It will be known as (Project) Re:tracer. No, I didn't get the name idea from Kingdom Hearts Re:coded, in fact, I got the idea of the name over 7 years ago from one of my old stories.

Scent wrote:
Is this a new gameplay mechanic?? :eh?:

Hmmm... Do I smell a case taking place in the Gatewater Hotel?? :Brush-Sniff:

That picture is more of a (filler) question, something usually seen in the other games. The new gameplay mechanics I actually planned on the next episodes. This one, has some unique things, I wouldn't say it's OMG-new-orginal but something to spice up the usual case 1 court episodes. Well, I take that back, I took an interesting twist with one mechanic. I can really imagine how many people are going to ask me how to get past it. And my answer would be a casual no.

Yes, it'll take place in Gatewater Hotel, I wonder why. The bellgirl Wendy thing, I did it out of boredom lol. Not too sure if I want to use it. Hehe, the amount of stuff I am using, a lot of deep thought is needed. There is one little small thing in there that will foreshadow one particular episode ending and one particular episode beginning (not episode 2). It might be interesting to see when the other episodes are out.

//I just finished one of the epic logic parts of the game (in terms of CEs). It may be mind-bending and may be even funny. I suppose it's somewhat wordy haha. The beginning of the game itself is somewhat wordy before actual gameplay happens, I'm thinking to add (filler) questions just not the oh beginner questions stuff like what is the victim's name.
//Another cross-examination is done. If I keep this up, I could really finish by the end of this month, maybe earlier. It's currently on 5,300 lines of unoptimized coding.
//Almost completed the Franziska redesigning, just need to work on side hair, and pasting the base on other parts of the sheet.
//The entire button set is redesigned, hopefully, it'll be easy to use them on 1.2 RC1.
Re: Ace Attorneys: Rising Justice (6 pictures 9/6)Topic%20Title

Apollon Flame

I'm gonna love you for ever, and ever, and ever and ever if you leave that quote in the game!! :phoenix:
I'mma brainstorm for you concerning Oldbag and Gatewater!!
Spoiler:
A district prosecutors convention is about to take place in town and Edgeworth decided to stay in the hotel in the mean time they star the event. Wendy, obsessed with Edgeworth, hears of his presence in the hotel and decides to join as a hotel staff.

A King

in name

alone...

I object to the objection

From what I have read and seen up until now, I think this game will be great =D
That sentence, you HAVE to leave that in xD I love that statement =D
That sentence I mean xD :redd:

nnngghhhh....looks......great...

Rising Inspirations

Scent wrote:
I'm gonna love you for ever, and ever, and ever and ever if you leave that quote in the game!! :phoenix:
I'mma brainstorm for you concerning Oldbag and Gatewater!!
Spoiler:
A district prosecutors convention is about to take place in town and Edgeworth decided to stay in the hotel in the mean time they star the event. Wendy, obsessed with Edgeworth, hears of his presence in the hotel and decides to join as a hotel staff.

Haha, that is a pretty good idea especially the hotel staff. I didn't think of that xD, thanks. (More to add to the credits)

The Gatewater Hotel reason is really interesting and it's too bad you guys won't know it until Episode 4 <_<... Actually, you might be able to guess it as other episodes are shown. Hell, you might be able to guess it when the explanation of the epic scene happens.

MayaPhoenix wrote:
From what I have read and seen up until now, I think this game will be great =D

That sentence I mean xD :redd:

Haha, alrighty then.

miles__edgeworth wrote:

I'm really trying to push it to a new level. I want to make it as something you can say it would fit as the ending of the Ace Attorney series. And maybe comparable to Remnants of the Past without the semi-time-traveling and time paradoxes and that does make it harder to merge the AJ and PW worlds. If anything, the worlds didn't even exist, and it may be easier to merge them than some people would think. (Oh, loving the paradox and/or oxymoron.)

Just to state part of the concept of the game, each character has something give (whether to someone or something) and it follows under the Ace Attorneys: Rising Justice name. Especially for that last part of the name, something or someone (or everyone) is rising.

You may enjoy it :godot: when it's released.

//

As part of the requests, I'll keep the comment :redd: and I was able to fit it in nicely too.

Fate Testarossa

Doesn't the ARE YOU HIGH refer to 3-5?

Fate is made by クロス

Rising Inspirations

kwando wrote:

You got it ;). It's ironic to hear it from Edgeworth :karma: .

Apollon Flame

MayaPhoenix wrote:

Let's start a poll to support this cause!! o3o
miles__edgeworth wrote:

Me and my dirty mind made me have dirty thoughts when I read this. 0.o
Radex wrote:
Haha, that is a pretty good idea especially the hotel staff. I didn't think of that xD, thanks. (More to add to the credits)

I'd be more than happy to be a brainstormer for this project. :phoenix:
kwando wrote:

DAMN!!! I was going to suggest this! :C
This is a reference to when Larry-*ahem* Laurice presents his doodle-*double ahem* work of art of the burning bridge (or how Laurice would put it "Bridge Ablaze" xD).
A King

in name

alone...

Rising Inspirations

Scent wrote:
MayaPhoenix wrote:

Let's start a poll to support this cause!! o3o
miles__edgeworth wrote:

Me and my dirty mind made me have dirty thoughts when I read this. 0.o
Radex wrote:

I'd be more than happy to be a brainstormer for this project. :phoenix:
kwando wrote:

DAMN!!! I was going to suggest this! :C
This is a reference to when Larry-*ahem* Laurice presents his doodle-*double ahem* work of art of the burning bridge (or how Laurice would put it "Bridge Ablaze" xD).

Haha, it'll stay, it's a pretty good one-liner. Then, again, I'm interested in seeing that poll lol.

I got a few good ideas and there's one idea I want to implement in future episodes. It's an interesting idea that should be implemented and expanded upon. I saw it from one of the topics here, it's one I would think could help develop the story and maintain a "spirit" (metaphorically, not through a FEY) of a certain character. All I can say is, poor Klavier :(... (HEHEHEHAHAA, no he's not dead).

I probably will try to attempt to make a team when Episode 2: Re:tracer is in the works. It's far more ambitious than Episode 1 and requires more stuff <_<. We'll see after Episode 1 happens, I believe it's a good start, I don't think it'll be omg-epic-level start. That's reserved for the other episodes :maya:

//I'm redoing the intro. Trying to make it somewhat interesting and somewhat vague.
///Oh, this episode will hold a double intro, if I haven't said it before. One for the game and one for this episode.
//After the epic logic I part (that's around the mid game 3rd CE), there's a lot of bumps along the way, hehe, so now it's medium level so far.
//Meh, gotta somehow get this Franziska whipping animation working somehow. I got it coded for the most part, somehow I gotta get it showing on the characters. Hopefully 1.2 RC1 has a working one.
//4th examination in the works, I really want to get to the 6th and 7th. That's when things become really interesting, because I want to use that epic picture I made.

I think I may have time to help KSA_Tech with PWLib Unleashed, so I'll make my app soon. First things first, school tomorrow so it'll be slow again, but it'll help me see if I can do this much.

Apollon Flame

Radex wrote:
//I'm redoing the intro. Trying to make it somewhat interesting and somewhat vague.
///Oh, this episode will hold a double intro, if I haven't said it before. One for the game and one for this episode.
//After the epic logic I part (that's around the mid game 3rd CE), there's a lot of bumps along the way, hehe, so now it's medium level so far.
//Meh, gotta somehow get this Franziska whipping animation working somehow. I got it coded for the most part, somehow I gotta get it showing on the characters. Hopefully 1.2 RC1 has a working one.
//4th examination in the works, I really want to get to the 6th and 7th. That's when things become really interesting, because I want to use that epic picture I made.

Is it of developers to use slashes (/) to represent progress? Seriously, you're not the only one that does that.
A King

in name

alone...
Page 1 of 7 [ 280 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Games