Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 1 of 1[ 35 posts ]

Silence of the Turnabout (CASE COMPLETE! - Standalone Case)Topic%20Title

Rebel Scum

Silence of the Turnabout ~ Day 1
Silence of the Turnabout ~ Day 2

(Note: The walkthroughs are spaced and as spoiler-free as possible, so you should be able to scroll down to where you are without getting anything extra!)
Spoiler: Walkthrough ~ Day 1
Present Door at Statement 5

Press Statement 5

Present Vera Misham at Statement 6

Present Drew Misham or Alita Misham at Statement 10 or Statement 15

Select "Someone Else"

Select: Murderer, Alita, Murderer, Alita, Drew, Alita, Murderer, Alita, Drew, Alita, Murderer

Press all statements

Select "Make an Accusation"

Present Vera Misham

Present Alita Misham

Present Deadly Bottle

Spoiler: Walkthrough ~ Day 2
Present Key

Present Deadly Bottle (Alternatively, present Vera Misham, and then present Deadly Bottle)

Present Key

(Optional: Present Vera's Testimony at any statement. Just don't present it more than once!)

Present Drew Studio Diagram at Statement 3

Present Drew Studio Diagram

Present Vera Misham at Statement 2

(Optional: Present Peachy Painting. It doesn't matter what you present, but it's the correct choice.)

Press all statements and...

Present Newspaper Clipping or Fishy Painting at Statement 4

Present Forged Painting at Statement 4

Present Newspaper Article at Statement 6

Present Fingerprinting Report at Statement 6

Present Forged Painting at Statement 5

Select "No"

Present Vera Misham

Present Diary Page

Present Newspaper Article at Statement 3, Statement 4, or Statement 5

Present Key at Statement 3 or Statement 4

(Optional: Present Fishy Painting. This gives a better ending.)

(Optional: Present Abstract Painting or Vera's Sketchbook. This gives the best ending. NOTE: You only get this option if you present the Fishy Painting first)

NOTE: The walkthrough is correct. Trust me on this one ;)

WARNING: Spoilers for a certain T&T case (but not 3-5; I'm being ambiguous because I don't want to give it away xD). Who the killer is in this T&T case is revealed (although this person is obviously the killer); at one point, you will have the option of telling Trucy about this person, and choosing the "Spoil her" option will spoil the entire case. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

All right! Here we go...

Some of you might remember Prosecutor Manella's World of Justice fangame from a while ago. Well, I designed a case for it, but then the project kind of died. So I had this entire case script, and decided that I might as well make the case.

So I did.

And the link is above.

...That's pretty much all I have to say. The case was originally 2 investigation phases and 2 trial phases, but since I thought the investigations were boring I cut them out. (Don't worry, I compensated for it! You'll see as soon as you start playing...) That means you just have exciting trials!

I spent a lot of time adding in little extra details not part of AAO to make the game more enjoyable, so I hope you really like it and have fun! (Examples being Vera's drawings, and mouths not moving when thinking.)

Also, since this was part of Prosecutor Manella's fangame, it's an alternate timeline where Phoenix has his badge back after the trial seven years ago. But I don't know how he got his badge back, or what the overarching storyline of the game was going to be, or anything like that, so just enjoy the case for it's AU-standalone-goodness, 'kay?

Anyway, day 2 is already written, so that will be released once I finish coding it into AAO. The only custom stuff is some evidence that I'm doing myself. There is one of those flashback-action-screenshot-image-thingies that someone is working on for me, but it isn't essential (although it will make the trial a whole lot better) and I'm not going to wait for him to finish it to release the trial. So it shouldn't be too long!

All-righty then... that's pretty much it. (I guess I did have more to say...) Play the game, and have fun! And please tell me if you find any typos or bugs or just anything that I can do to make the game better.

(And you can ask me for help, too, since I know some of the stuff is kinda tricky...)

Last edited by Bad Player on Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:10 am, edited 6 times in total.
Re: Silence of the Turnabout (Day 1 Complete! - Standalone Case)Topic%20Title

Chief Oldbagger

I'm playing it, and Vera's testimony is hard. Help me please.
Credits to Nadindi for both the avvie and sig!

Two week break!

Rebel Scum

Yeah, that's probably the hardest part...

Spoiler: A little help...
So Vera heard this conversation, washed her bottle, went to bed, woke up, and was questioned. Think about where there's room for assumptions in this testimony; where is she saying something that isn't necessarily correct? (Especially think in terms that Drew must be innocent.) Once you figure out where her assumptions are or which one specifically you need to attack, look for a way to show her assumptions are wrong, and present that! (Once you find the assumption, you just need simple (although I suppose nonobvious) logic to figure out how to disprove it.)

Spoiler: A bit more (specific) help...
Her main assumption that you want to attack is in the conversation.

If you still can't figure it out, I'll just tell you the present >_>

Chief Oldbagger

I still can't figure it out. :yogi:
I'm just stupid like that.
Credits to Nadindi for both the avvie and sig!

Two week break!

Rebel Scum

Anyway, I've made an update to the game... It now has a lot more sfx, and all of the textboxes are 3 or less lines! ^_^

Prosecutor

Vera's testimony, and the aftermath, were a novelty: a truly original puzzle in a fantrial! There's nothing like it in the games, and I'm impressed by the ambition there.

Spoiler: also
Also, the testimony's length crossed the line from excessive to hilarious.

Spoiler: Details
I didn't find Vera's mega-testimony itself too tough, because the hole is pretty stark if you think about who the characters are. If it hadn't been so long, it would have been too obvious.

The one catch is the puzzle afterwards. The way the Judge repeats the testimony omits the genders of the people speaking. It was a pain in the neck to remember that, so I just did it by trial-and-error, which was not good.

Capybara:

Spoiler: Strong hint
Look at who's talking to whom. See if what they're saying makes sense, in that light. What's Drew's job? What's Alita's job?

This trial's impressive so far, and I look forward to the next installment. The open-endedness of the last puzzle, and the way a few other possibilities were planned for, was daunting, but really did give a sense of freedom (to screw up in many ways).

Spoiler: The final choice
The easter egg responses for calling Klavier and Trucy were hilarious!

Spoiler: Motive
The biggest sticking point for me, and the one that made me lose the trial the first time, was providing a motive - and I still don't understand the reasoning behind presenting Alita as a motive. That she was competing with Drew for Vera's affections? It's entirely unclued, as far as I can tell.

Presenting a forged painting as a motive seems to make more sense. The overheard conversation indicates that Alita was browbeating her father into making forgeries... something Vera couldn't have liked, at all.

Two more games coming up soon

FerdieLance
>
Spoiler: motive
Actually, the competition between Vera and Alita is explicitly stated at one point. I don't remember the exact line though...

Creator of Apollo Justice Case 5: Turnabout Substitution: Trailer - Download
Co-creator of New Year's Turnabout, Turnabout Revolution, and At Dawn's Break

Rebel Scum

FerdieLance wrote:
Spoiler: Details
The one catch is the puzzle afterwards. The way the Judge repeats the testimony omits the genders of the people speaking. It was a pain in the neck to remember that, so I just did it by trial-and-error, which was not good.
]

Well...
Spoiler:
The murderer spoke first, and Alita said every other line. And I did say at the beginning that Alita's lines were right so you didn't need to think about those.

FerdieLance wrote:
Spoiler: The final choice
The easter egg responses for calling Klavier and Trucy were hilarious!

Thanks. I didn't think anyone would actually ever see those :P
Spoiler:
Did you also accuse Trucy? I like that one a lot too.

Quote:
Spoiler: Motive
The biggest sticking point for me, and the one that made me lose the trial the first time, was providing a motive - and I still don't understand the reasoning behind presenting Alita as a motive. That she was competing with Drew for Vera's affections? It's entirely unclued, as far as I can tell.

Presenting a forged painting as a motive seems to make more sense. The overheard conversation indicates that Alita was browbeating her father into making forgeries... something Vera couldn't have liked, at all.

Spoiler:
I see what you're saying... I said that investigation summary in the beginning. (That's basically the ONLY important piece of info in there.) Alita was trying to prevent Drew from taking that client, so that motive wouldn't have really worked there.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear that you really liked the case ^_^

Shoulda been Brawldude, but was taken

Vera's testimony took 2 tries. It was only a few days because I realized what the contradiction was.

EDIT: And for past that, I figured out that it's easier if you
Spoiler: Just for people who want to find their own method
keep notes of the testimony.

Click the sig to see my graphics topic!

My sig -is- original. Lots of people just make sigs similar to this one a lot.

"...Naturally."

Augh... lost at the motive part! Geez this is probably one of the hardest AAO trials ever!
Engaged to Reiji!
Credit to Nadindi for the awesome sig! :D

And that's just the first part :godot:

Rebel Scum

Ping' wrote:
And that's just the first part :godot:

Yeppers xD

Anyway, the last day is completed. I'm just too lazy to upload it >_> I'll prolly get it up in 1 or 2 days, tho....

So, look forward to it! The second day is about twice as long as the first in just about every respect, so I'm sure it'll be much much harder xD (But don't worry, there isn't a testimony that is 52 statements long... It's only 51.)

I think my trial is the longest trial-only trial in AAO (3000 frames!! ...But I really haven't checked many, so who knows? xD)
Re: Silence of the Turnabout (CASE COMPLETE! - Standalone Case)Topic%20Title

Rebel Scum

Silence of the Turnabout ~ Day 2
WARNING: Spoilers for a certain T&T case (but not 3-5; I'm being ambiguous because I don't want to give it away xD). Who the killer is in this T&T case is revealed (although this person is obviously the killer); at one point, you will have the option of telling Trucy about this person, and choosing the "Spoil her" option will spoil the entire case. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Well, it took a bit longer that I said, but oh well :3

The second day is here! It's twice as long as the first day, and much harder in my opinion :D (Don't hesitate to ask for help, still! ...Oh, and sorry about the loading time...)

I hope you all really like it! Again, if you find any typos or bugs or anything... Constructive criticism is very much appreciated :3

Spoiler:
For Day 2, after I presented the Peachy painting forgery (the one Ema gave to Phoenix after a short recess) on the sentence when Tigre said that he doesn't have any connections to Drew, what do you do next? Do I present the fingerprint data? And where do I present it?

Proud shipper of FeeniexIris, ApolloxEma.

Rebel Scum

Finally, a reply!! Welcome to CR, Alice! :3

Spoiler: Hint
Well, he made a new statement that he must have bought a fake painting. If buying a forged painting goes through, you can't get him on actually getting the painting forged... So look through your court record and see if you have anything that shows that he must have bought an original painting. (It's not the fingerprinting report...)

Spoiler: What to do
Present the Newspaper Article on his new statement that's like "I must have bought a fake painting".

Spoiler: A teensy bit more
After that he should add yet another statemnt that's like, "Someone else must have gotten the painting forged!" And that's the statement you present the fingerprinting report on.

Thanks! I've been browsing this forum for a while, and I finally decided to join. :D And boy, that was hard to pick up. I wouldn't have figured it out by myself. >.>

Spoiler:
Oh, and what do you present after the fingerprint report? I can't figure out the motive... It wasn't Vera's testimony... I was sure it was the right one.

This is fun. It's nice to keep my mind off of waiting for the release of the Edgeworth spin-off. XD

Rebel Scum

Spoiler: Hint
You're very close!! Vera's testimony contains the motive... Look through it once more. What is Tigre talking about?
You have 4 options, but it shouldn't be that hard to figure it out...

Spoiler: Answer
It's the forged painting.

...I think. It could be the Peachy Painting, but I doubt it.

Be careful afterwards!! It's worth a full penalty!!!!!!

...Smeh, I'm bored. Walkthrough time!! :D

EDIT: Okay, the walkthrough is up :3
Too bad it just gives answers without hints =\

Finally, a walkthrough! *was going insane there* lol

Bad Player wrote:
Spoiler: Walkthrough ~ Day 2
Select "No"

Present Vera Misham

Present Diary Page

For some reason, the bolded doesn't work.
*must start day 2 for the 100th time* -_-

Rebel Scum

Spoiler:
Somehow, I knew you were going to say that xDD

Just present it, and wait and see ;)

Shoulda been Brawldude, but was taken

Gallery May? -thinks of Hotel Dusk-

Heh,
Spoiler: Day 2
I liked the part where I had to sit through the Judge's "I must penalize you" sentence when presenting the diary page.

Click the sig to see my graphics topic!

My sig -is- original. Lots of people just make sigs similar to this one a lot.

Rebel Scum

Yes, that is a reference to Hotel Dusk :P (Even if PW apparently takes place in LA, not Santa Monica, or w/e it was called...)

Spoiler:
Yes, 'tis a fun part :3

Ah, I finally beat in. Took me 3 days. I kept losing or getting interrupting. XD

Anyway, you did a really good job. I thought it was impossible in making a AA game so much like the actual game. You portrayed everyone so nicely that I thought it was made by Capcom. So many surprises, and confusing at times. Overall, it was enjoyable. :D

Sorry that I asked for help too many times. XD I'm so used to walkthroughs when playing AA. I hope to stop that and use my brain in future games. I just don't feel confident enough, that's all.

Spoiler: End of Game
Funny how the judge became so smart in the end. Did he took smart pills? :gant: Without him, Phoenix would've lost.

About the ending, I presented Vera's sketchbook, but Phoenix didn't explain the forgery to Vera. Is that the best ending like you said in the walkthrough?

Again, great job! I don't think I can ever make a case that good. How long did it took you?

Rebel Scum

Thanks. I tried really hard to make it like an actual AA, even adding in a bunch of details... (Like sprites that were missing, thinking sprites, etc...)

No need to apologize for asking for help. At all. (I should thank you! It got my thread bumped! :D)

Oh, and do you mean "I portrayed everyone in a nice, as in good, way" or "I portrayed everyone as a nice person". (Because I do NOT like Klavier. He is EVIL! EEEEEVVVVIIILLLL!!!! (at least in this AU))

Ummm... The script was written a long time ago. I compeltely forget how long it took to write the script. Each day probably took two weeks... (After all, I started this thread 2 weeks ago :3 And I had difficulty with the first day, since it was my first time using AAO)

I'm sure if you tried you could make a case just as good! (I'm sure anyone could, provided they tried hard enough. ...And had basic grammar skills. Which you definitely have :3)

Bad Player already knows what I think of it, but the others don't... seriously, you should play this case.

It's sadistically long and difficult, extremely funny and unpredictable, with plenty of memorable lines / moments.
It makes you wonder what BP could do if he decided to make a case with his own plot =)

Rebel Scum

Amazing news~

On AAO, my trial has become a featured trial!

...Just thought I'd let everyone know.

...This isn't a glorified bump...

Congratulations! =)
It certainly deserved it.

Prosecutor

On the one hand, the second part rapidly becomes really sharp and intense near the end, with great escalating puzzles, after a slightly slow start. The voices are dead-on, again, and the case gets much cleverer as it goes on.

On the other hand, there are several points at which there's more than one reasonably logical thing to present, but presenting something that doesn't exactly fit the game's logic gives a penalty. The original games are often guilty of this, too, but I can't help but feel that coding some extra options, for all the hassle, would be good. At the very least, a shot of Apollo thinking, "(No... that's sane, but I don't think presenting it will actually get me where I want to go.)" for some of the reasonable alternatives would be good.

Spoiler: The case
The nastiest one might be the diary page, especially with the attendant penalty. The thing is, to solve that one requires the player to assume that Klavier is acting incredibly out-of-character from the friendly, evidence-sharing guy in the game. I mean, DRAMATICALLY out-of-character. Hiding clearly vital evidence, then trying to duck it in court, is not a Klavier thing to do. A subterfuge on that level, in fact, touches the very limits of what Edgeworth does in Demon Prosecutor mode.

It also raises the question of why the Prosecution didn't question Tigre about it from the start. Even if Klavier's a bastard in this alternate universe, he presumably wants to get the right guy.

I think downgrading the penalty to 50%, or adding a more specific clue than "think outside the box" would really help there. "If it's not the evidence you have... maybe it's the evidence you don't have" would do the trick.

In general, nitpicks aside, this is easily one of the best fan-trials. Taken together with "The Bitter Turnabout," it's a great example of what sufficiently clever fans can do.

Rebel Scum

FerdieLance wrote:
On the one hand, the second part rapidly becomes really sharp and intense near the end, with great escalating puzzles, after a slightly slow start. The voices are dead-on, again, and the case gets much cleverer as it goes on.

Yeah, I think Drew was pretty meh >_> But there wasn't much more to do! He really shined during the psyche-lock, which I had to cut out... But I made up for it with Tigre, didn't I? ;-)

Quote:
On the other hand, there are several points at which there's more than one reasonably logical thing to present, but presenting something that doesn't exactly fit the game's logic gives a penalty. The original games are often guilty of this, too, but I can't help but feel that coding some extra options, for all the hassle, would be good.

Oh, sure. I'm... just not exactly sure of where those moments are ^^' If you (or anyone) gives a list or places like that, I'd be more than happy to put those in.

Quote:
At the very least, a shot of Apollo thinking, "(No... that's sane, but I don't think presenting it will actually get me where I want to go.)" for some of the reasonable alternatives would be good.

Uh...

Spoiler:
Quote:
The nastiest one might be the diary page, especially with the attendant penalty. The thing is, to solve that one requires the player to assume that Klavier is acting incredibly out-of-character from the friendly, evidence-sharing guy in the game. I mean, DRAMATICALLY out-of-character. Hiding clearly vital evidence, then trying to duck it in court, is not a Klavier thing to do. A subterfuge on that level, in fact, touches the very limits of what Edgeworth does in Demon Prosecutor mode.

Yes, I do love my version of Klavier so much more :3 Difficult demon prosecutors are much more fun than the game!
...Anyway, I think I already mentioned somewhere that this is AU and Klavier is really OOC >_> I mean, I don't think in-game Klavier would accuse Phoenix/Polly of "forging" Vera's testimony. He might insist that it's circumstantial or whatever, but I doubt he'd go all the way to assault Phoenix/Polly. (That was an overarching-storyline moment...)

Quote:
It also raises the question of why the Prosecution didn't question Tigre about it from the start. Even if Klavier's a bastard in this alternate universe, he presumably wants to get the right guy.

...Overarching storyline >_> Klavier wants revenge on Phoenix. Remember how Franzy and Godot were like that, and didn't care about getting the right guy? Yeah, that's what it's like...

Quote:
I think downgrading the penalty to 50%, or adding a more specific clue than "think outside the box" would really help there. "If it's not the evidence you have... maybe it's the evidence you don't have" would do the trick.

Ah, I see someone got it right on their first try. Or was impatient :P Anyway, it's really not necessary to downgrade the penalty. I like that clue, though, so I added it for people who need it.

That lovable troll.

Im not entirely sure if I'll get in trouble for bumping, but what the hell.

This was one of the best fan cases I have ever played. I loved the fact that we got to see The Tiger again and I was not expecting him without his Brooklyn accent! I also loved the desperation of Klavier near the end trying everything to keep Don Tigre innocent. The biggest thing I did not expect was Udgy putting the final pin in Tigre's coffin!

Truly an extraordinary case and I congratulate you and your crew for making this. Definitely a 5 Star Case!
I remember when CR was cool and Croik was the only one in charge.

I also remember when we used to have respectable members. :(

OBJECTION!

You potrayed the characters really well - I liked the part with the return of Furio Tigre and his accent :D

Spoiler:
Also the part with the diary page, all seems lost, and then the "Objection!" is something Capcom might do - really well done

Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....

Last edited by grim_tales on Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

In The Middle of It Now

I still can't believe how well you did with this after i gave you permission to do this as a standalone case. Which is why i must ask this.

Bad Player, if you're reading this, my fangame's multiple ideas are still on my PC. If you have the time and the grace, I'd like to hand them over to you so you can complete the entire 5 case fangame. It'd be a shame just to have one single part released, don't you think? Plus, your work on this is fantastic. You have one hell of a mind.

Rebel Scum

@GT: I'm glad you liked it :3 You might wanna fix that spoiler tag, though...

@PM: Sure, send them over. I've always been interested in those last 2 cases, anyway...

OBJECTION!

Doh! My apologies BP/everyone - spoiler tag fixed!
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....

In The Middle of It Now

You see, it's funny that today of all days i post this, because i just finished AAI today. And pretty much, the last case of the game was exactly (and i mean pretty much dead on) what I was looking for.

And because i feel my idea is unoriginal now.... i have to make it better. I'm gonna PM you my MSN. I have something to discuss with you.
Re: Silence of the Turnabout (CASE COMPLETE! - Standalone CaTopic%20Title

I'm having a problem while trying to play the case...... A lot of the images are replaced with 'Click and discover imageshack'
This includes the paintings, the door, the murder weapon, and several of the character sprites, which makes it detrimental to playing the case.
After a little googling on imageshack, I've found they stopped their free image hosting service over a year ago.
This case therefore likely needs a replacement location for the images in order to become playable again..........
Page 1 of 1 [ 35 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Games