Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 4 of 4[ 122 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Re: AJ: ~TGens~ ||| [Soundtrack Released!]Topic%20Title

That text file should make it a WHOLE lot easier for anybody who's trying to port the game to PyWright. The only is issue is that it doesn't really specify who's speaking. If it weren't for that one thing, the process would be SO much more easier. Hmm... I've been looking into learning PyWright, so I MAY consider leading up a team for a PyWright port of TGens. Of course, I also have my own fangame that I'm developing as well as school to deal with, so I can't guarantee anything yet. I'll definitely think about it, though. After all, I really enjoyed the case.

EDIT: It also doesn't include sound fx or music.
Re: AJ: ~TGens~ ||| [Soundtrack Released!]Topic%20Title

Eurekajuice wrote:
It's a lot to commit too, something I can definitely agree with you on. It's like you'll be doing it one day, fine and dandy. The next you'll feel this overwhelming sense of both boredom and writer's block. The thing that irritates me the most Is getting all the resources, and uploading them. I've signed up for the newest AAO competition (something to do with the concept of advancing in time) - I'm hoping the fact that there's a deadline will motivate me to carry on with it. Wouldn't want to be a buster and drop out...

In my case, my problem isn't the boredom/writer's block, but whether or not the things I want implemented is technically feasible by the engine. There's so much things I wanted to pull off over the years, but AAO wouldn't allow for it. The big plus at least they have a majority of resources available to use (even if some aren't implemented correctly).
Good luck with the competition!

drvonkitty wrote:
That text file should make it a WHOLE lot easier for anybody who's trying to port the game to PyWright. The only is issue is that it doesn't really specify who's speaking. If it weren't for that one thing, the process would be SO much more easier. Hmm... I've been looking into learning PyWright, so I MAY consider leading up a team for a PyWright port of TGens. Of course, I also have my own fangame that I'm developing as well as school to deal with, so I can't guarantee anything yet. I'll definitely think about it, though. After all, I really enjoyed the case.

EDIT: It also doesn't include sound fx or music.

That's a good point, you can at least make an inference as to who's speaking though, especially if you're familliar with the trial contents.
And while I appreciate the kind gesture drvon, I implore you to not worry about taking up another project like the tGens porting thing. Keep your focus on your own game, as there's no point in spending time worrying about something that no one is really interested in with the tGens port ;)

As for sfx/music, I released a soundpack of all the sound effects (at least the custom ones) used for all of tGens in CR and at AAO (you can see the main op post on the trial thread for a reference). And for music, it shouldn't be hard to find, seeing as I released a soundtrack too at that xP
I'd be more concerned with the graphical custom resources (some I released to the public already, but not all).

If you're interested in doing the porting process as a side-project, more power to you. You would have full credits and create your own thread for that, since I wouldn't take credit if you gathered a team to take up the task. You'd have my support, spiritually :P

But again, I don't think you should do it, since there's no demand for such a thing here
Page 4 of 4 [ 122 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Board index » Present Evidence » Games