Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 29 of 29[ 1126 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29

Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (Full game complete)Topic%20Title

I think I'm actually having a legitimate issue this time xD

I'm playing Turnabout on the Web and I'm up to second day in court. I'm up to the
Spoiler:
forgery testimony
and after presenting
Spoiler:
either Anton's profile or the 500 topic it makes it up to the screen where it fades out all the usernames and then I can't click forward
. As in, I just can't click next. I can click the court record but can't go any further.

I've tried restarting from earlier save files but it keeps happening :larry:

I'm not sure if this will totally mess up the whole thing, but I managed to get around it by deleting the code in the script related to the section I mentioned, and so far so good. I would be interested to know if anyone else had the same issue though :pearl:

Nearly at the end of the game; enjoying it a lot so far :maya:

I'm curious though; is there a reason you
Spoiler:
redacted some of the walkthrough? I probably haven't played enough of AA fangames if it turns out it's a thing creators like to do. It just seems a little odd to me given that I thought the whole point of a walkthrough was to help out people who are struggling. It's a little frustrating because the fangames I have played have showed me that I am clearly not smart enough to figure some things out on my own :edgey: So at this point I'm basically presenting everything I can at every statement which is irritatingly time consuming, haha

Edit: Finally got through what I was stuck on. Turns out how I had the right idea but I wasn't presenting it at the right statement :udgey:

Should have did this ages ago since I did a full playthrough from the beginning near the beginning of this year.(I think...yeah it's been that long)
I still remember everything I wanted to say about this game. Let's get this show on the road!

Spoiler: Again, no one waited for this. Minor Spoilers.
Since this was one of my first fan games, I have to include an anecdote. I have a tendency to ramble, so I will try to be as organized as possible. No promises.

I've said this before, but I fell out of being a super fan of this series. I won't mince words here. Both life and the 2 games and 1(officially translated) spin-off preceding Spirit of Justice were to blame for that as well as what I found to be boring, repetitive memes and opinions coming from other fans. Especially my IRL friends who were also fans and would come to me gushing about the latest games and asking my opinions on voice actors/cases/stuff. That's fine for them, but even with my newfound appreciation for the rushed AJ: AA I didn't care for the newer titles or even the Layton crossover. Investigations 2 was ok though, but it was about the same for me as Spirit of Justice. OK.

Anyway, one day years later out of sheer boredom and curiosity as to the state of this fandom and series, I looked up "Ace Attorney fan games" to see if people have tried to make any. I won't lie, I was expecting trash, uncompleted projects, or fake games for meme purposes. That was usually the case for that sort of thing and I felt like having a laugh...OR SO I THOUGHT I WOULD LAUGH. I was wrong and I am so glad I was wrong. I didn't just find online tool, I found an exportable engine being used for stuff like this. I found some actual talent and potential. I found a reason to check on this fandom every now and then. This game and Turnabout Substitution(this was first) ended up being a gateway into a rabbit hole of fan games for me.

Now that you know my mindset going into this that first playthrough up to the first half(Quarter?) of case 5, you can understand why I was so blown away and had this at the top. That has changed since then, but it's still a nose hair away from the top. I can't explain it other than how characters were handled. When I found out about this game, I knew from the outset that it focused more on story.
That is a very good thing, but me personally I put more stock on characters than story. It's how I am. The characters in this are good,
but not completely memorable. Other than that and the first case not clicking with me fully, I had zero issues with this game. It's a bold game, bold in the right way. It was an interesting way of handling Pearl, Cody, and even Obadiah. I still love the idea of meeting the mortician of the series. I wish we could have met him earlier somehow, maybe in a one off short conversation in the second case? Then again, from what I've briefly read that case had a lot revisions as it was. I loved talking to that guy, he was hilarious.

When the game was finished, I did a fresh playthrough to see what changed from last time. I noticed some of the change and the cases benefited from them. Because of the changes, I ended up liking the first case a bit more than I did the first time. There's a sense of flow with this game as a whole and it's surprisingly tight. I never felt like there was filler. The third case was very close to feeling like it until after the first day. Then it all came together. I also admit that the references in the third case made no sense to me until I started playing more fan games, such as Bad Player or when one character mentioned a "Cicatrice" in the fifth case. Now that I have, I'm surprised That Woman(you know the one) wasn't named Blackrune...or would that be too on the nose? Jokes aside, my enjoyment of this game was enhanced by playing more fan games. It was the same feeling I got when replaying the last two parts of Turnabout of Courage.

Yeah...I told there would be rambling. I had an absolute blast playing this game. I won't lie, I was expecting a different song that I either never heard of or haven't heard in a while for the final testimony break. When it turned out to be the usual cadenza remix, I wasn't complaining. It worked. So yeah, good job dude.

I look forward to any future projects.
Don't mind me, just passing through.

Positivity is overrated.

Hannelore wrote:
I'm curious though; is there a reason you
Spoiler:
redacted some of the walkthrough? I probably haven't played enough of AA fangames if it turns out it's a thing creators like to do. It just seems a little odd to me given that I thought the whole point of a walkthrough was to help out people who are struggling. It's a little frustrating because the fangames I have played have showed me that I am clearly not smart enough to figure some things out on my own :edgey: So at this point I'm basically presenting everything I can at every statement which is irritatingly time consuming, haha

Edit: Finally got through what I was stuck on. Turns out how I had the right idea but I wasn't presenting it at the right statement :udgey:

Even so... I agree 100% with what you said on the walkthrough.
Suffering a rare condition is one of the worst things you could ever experience because no one understands a thing.

YouTube Twitter Tumblr Steam Discord

A user has no custom title

Hannelore wrote:
I'm curious though; is there a reason you redacted some of the walkthrough?

Two main reasons:
1) There were certain specific contradictions that I wanted the players to figure out on their own for an "aha" factor. For instance, the final present of The Rogue Turnabout.
2) Certain contradictions would give away major plot spoilers by simple virtue of writing them down. For instance:
Spoiler: Turnabout Consequences
Having 2-3 testimonies AFTER Meredith Fey confesses screams that the case is far from being over. If the player goes to the walkthrough during what appears to be the final confrontation and see that there is much, much more left, then he/she is clued that Meredith didn't really do it. Same goes for either of the thought route sequences.

ParrotMan01 wrote:
Spoiler:
I wish we could have met him earlier somehow, maybe in a one off short conversation in the second case?

Honestly, if I were to ever go back and completely redo The Rogue Turnabout (hypothetically "if" - not ever going to happen), this is one thing that I would do. TRT was a big case of me learning - sometimes too late - the process of editing one's work. I consider it to be a learning experience and my current fiction has benefited greatly from it.
Page 29 of 29 [ 1126 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29

Board index » Present Evidence » Games