Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 1 of 1[ 8 posts ]

Turnabout Storm - The (Third?) AttemptTopic%20Title

Taking the turnabout storm mantle

Hello everyone. I was looking through the forums and noticed there was two previous threads for this game that currently exist. I didn't want to necrobump either of them, so I hope it's ok to make a new one.

I'm the newest person stepping in to try and finish the Turnabout Storm game. So far (using Croik's template):

Title: Turnabout Storm, based on NeoArtimus YouTube series: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUDfoZGhLjE (Part 1)
Project Head: Me...?
Current Contributors: Currently handling everything myself, so progress is slow going.
Which Casemaker: PyWright 0.986
What I Have: Day 1 is released as an Alpha Demo (No animated sprites yet, possibly some typos, no Hint text yet. Posted at the bottom)
What I Need: Nothing at the moment, but I'm always open to feedback
Status: Split the currently available parts into 20% each... ~24%
Currently working on: Day 2, core work finished up to Trixie explaining the cause of death.

Alpha Demo 1.0: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B28Iek ... XlMb0VIWmM
Where I usually update: http://stridentsong.tumblr.com

I'll try to remember to check on here when I can for any feedback you guys might have. If you're looking at my PyWright scripts, I know they're really sloppy. I started from scratch and have been learning as I go along.

Thanks in advance and sorry if I broke any rules. :yogi:
Re: Turnabout Storm - The (Third?) AttemptTopic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

I think this was a problem with previous attempts at this pony game but have you got the permission of the author yet? That shut down a previous attempt I think.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Yes. I specifically made sure to contact him through YouTube before I released the demo.

Fanat

Her*
Every puzzle has an answer - Prof. Layton.
Every contradiction has an explanation - Miles Edgeworth.

I attempted to make it, I am still slowly working on it, I have not released any working builds yet though, I am developing in PwLib, I have no idea how to use pywright :/

My mistake, her.

I figured there would be multiple people working on versions of the game. I know just enough coding to understand how the scripting works, but I've been mostly using http://pywright.dawnsoft.org/docs/ to figure stuff out as I go along. That and a LOT of trial and error (At ~1060 debug runs currently). If I really can't get something to work, I'll check other PyWright games and see how they got it to work, then figure it out from there. Bring able to read code really helps a lot, even if you can't write it.

Progress for me is slow going as well. I usually only get the chance to spend ~4-8 hours a week working on it. I'll keep hammering away on it for as long as I can :).

Dracarys!

Strident Song wrote:
My mistake, her.

I figured there would be multiple people working on versions of the game. I know just enough coding to understand how the scripting works, but I've been mostly using http://pywright.dawnsoft.org/docs/ to figure stuff out as I go along. That and a LOT of trial and error (At ~1060 debug runs currently). If I really can't get something to work, I'll check other PyWright games and see how they got it to work, then figure it out from there. Bring able to read code really helps a lot, even if you can't write it.

Progress for me is slow going as well. I usually only get the chance to spend ~4-8 hours a week working on it. I'll keep hammering away on it for as long as I can :).

If you need help figuring out Pywright stuff, go ahead and shoot me a PM. I'm in the process of making my own game, so I have some background with it.

Quote:
If you need help figuring out Pywright stuff, go ahead and shoot me a PM. I'm in the process of making my own game, so I have some background with it.

The only thing that's bugging me at the moment is the scroll speed going between "Scrollprosecutor" and "scrolldefense". I've been looking through the core macros and such, but I can't find the area where it handles that. I want to speed it up a bit to be more in-line with the actual PW games.

Edit: Looking through the engines Python files I found the value that controls how fast the global scroll speed is. However, this means everything in the game that scrolls is sped up by that value. I just want to make the prosecutor/defense/witness scrolls faster >:/.
Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Games