Court Records
http://forums.court-records.net/

Pywright tutorial (interactive tutorial available)
http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=27314
Page 3 of 5

Author:  MrTailsluver [ Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:16 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Pywright tutorial (interactive tutorial available)

ok, so heres another problem i have, when i do the label none command and type what i want to happen, it replays it after the label {evidence} {statement} command.

Author:  Andross [ Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:47 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Pywright tutorial (interactive tutorial available)

You probably haven't put "resume" or "goto [insert statement name here]" or "script [script name]" at the end of your presenting evidence script, But you'd have to be more specific.

Also, for Ropfa, some feedback.
I found the flag section was still a little confusing, not so much what they were or how they worked, but where to actually put them and why. Particularly since the previous scene segwayed straight into the start of that one, and I was trying to put the flag into the previous scene and couldn't work out why it wouldn't work. It would also perhase be easier if when you clicked on the Move to police HQ, pearl said which flags you hadn't set yet or something...

Author:  MrTailsluver [ Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:03 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Pywright tutorial (interactive tutorial available)

Quote:
You probably haven't put "resume" or "goto [insert statement name here]" or "script [script name]" at the end of your presenting evidence script, But you'd have to be more specific.


should i put it at the front of the "label press {last statement}" command? (in other words, after the player presses the last statement) would that fix any problem?

Author:  Ropfa [ Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:33 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Pywright tutorial (interactive tutorial available)

Andross wrote:
It would also perhase be easier if when you clicked on the Move to police HQ, pearl said which flags you hadn't set yet or something...


This sounds like a really good idea. I'll find some time to throw that in (eventually >_>).

Author:  Andross [ Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:44 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Pywright tutorial (interactive tutorial available)

MrTailsluver wrote:
should i put it at the front of the "label press {last statement}" command? (in other words, after the player presses the last statement) would that fix any problem?


You need to put "resume" at the end of EACH press, and also at the end of the bad present. For a good present, it's probably best if you jump straight to another script, or to a label after the cross examination script. (i.e. after all of the statements, presses, and bad presents)
Also, after the discussion with the helper at the end of the statements, you should add to the end "goto [cross name]" to jump back to the start of the cross examination

Do all that and you shouldn't have any problems. Take a look at how Ropfa does it in script 8 of Tawesomer.

if it helpes, put in comment lines for each section of code to keep it clear in your mind. e.g.
Spoiler: Long example code
Code:
//Cross Examination
cross badguy1
statement1
statement2
statement3
end cross

// Comments
"Gee, this is hard to crack, better Press everything!"
goto badguy1

// Presses
label press statement1
blah blah
resume
label press statement2
yada yada
resume
label press statement3
mumble mumble
resume

//bad present
label none
"WRONG!"
penalty -20
if penalty 0 gameover
goto badguy1

//good present
label decisiveevidence
script scene2

Author:  BonnyMono [ Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:07 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Pywright tutorial (interactive tutorial available)

Also, is there a way to change backgrounds in the dialogue like changing sprites?

e.g
Code:
char phoenix e=handsondesk
"{sound blipmale}you're the murderer...{p40}{e zoom}{bg speedlinesupclose(?}aren't you?!

Author:  Ropfa [ Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:55 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Pywright tutorial (interactive tutorial available)

Not that I'm aware of (unless you make the background part of the sprite, perhaps).

Author:  Andross [ Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pywright tutorial (interactive tutorial available)

You could just use the {spd0}{$_last_written_text} though, which has almost the same effect.

Code:
"{sound blipmale}you're the murderer...{p40}{next}"
bg speedlinesupclose stack
"{ezoom}{spd0}{$_last_written_text}{spd1}aren't you?!"

Author:  MrTailsluver [ Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:59 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Pywright tutorial (interactive tutorial available)

Quote:
You need to put "resume" at the end of EACH press, and also at the end of the bad present. For a good present, it's probably best if you jump straight to another script, or to a label after the cross examination script. (i.e. after all of the statements, presses, and bad presents)
Also, after the discussion with the helper at the end of the statements, you should add to the end "goto [cross name]" to jump back to the start of the cross examination

Do all that and you shouldn't have any problems. Take a look at how Ropfa does it in script 8 of Tawesomer.

if it helpes, put in comment lines for each section of code to keep it clear in your mind. e.g.
Spoiler: Long example code
Code:
//Cross Examination
cross badguy1
statement1
statement2
statement3
end cross

// Comments
"Gee, this is hard to crack, better Press everything!"
goto badguy1

// Presses
label press statement1
blah blah
resume
label press statement2
yada yada
resume
label press statement3
mumble mumble
resume

//bad present
label none
"WRONG!"
penalty -20
if penalty 0 gameover
goto badguy1

//good present
label decisiveevidence
script scene2


well, ive fixed it, i did this:

Spoiler: Long example code
Code:
//Cross Examination

// good present
label autopsy ronE
mus
sfx /apollo/objection
fg ObjectionAnim
bg defence
fg dbench
char apollo justice e=deskslam
" {sfx Table Slam} {e handsondesk} {p40}not so fast ron!"

bg witness
fg wbench
char Ron e=emphatic
"what!?"

bg defence
fg dbench
char apollo justice e=document
set _ev autopsy
showevl
"your testimony contradicts {n}the autopsy report.  it says the victim {n}was stabbed three times."
hidevl

mus 09 - Thrill Theme ~ Suspense

bg defence
fg dbench
char apollo justice e=normal
" so......................{next}"

bg speedlineupclose2
char apollo justice e=zoom
" {c940}why do you say you saw {n}the victim get stabbed twice!?"
 
bg witness
fg wbench
char Ron e=emphatic
"{f} {s10}{sfx owned}GAH!!

bg witness
fg wbench
char Ron e=emphatic
"that cant be true!! {n}i saw her stab him twice!

bg defence
fg dbench
char apollo justice e=confident
"oh, but it is ron, {n}the prosecution even said so {n}in his opening statement, {n}were you listening?

bg witness
fg wbench
char Ron e=emphatic
"............................."

bg witness
fg wbench
char Ron e=emphatic
"AHHHHHH...... i just remembered {n}something."

bg defence
fg dbench
char apollo justice e=normal
"and what is it ron?"

bg witness
fg wbench
char Ron e=normal
"i know why i didnt {c940}see her stab him {n}three times."

bg judgestand
char judge e=normal
"then testify again.  {n}and dont omit a detail from it."

mus

bg witness
fg wbench
char Ron e=normal
"yes, your honor"
goto start2

//bad present
label none
mus
sfx /apollo/objection
fg ObjectionAnim
bg defence
fg dbench
char apollo justice e=deskslam
"{sfx Table Slam} {e handsondesk} this evidence clearly {n}contradicts the testimony!"

bg judgestand
char judge e=normal
"uhm, i dont see the problem"

bg defence
fg dbench
char apollo justice e=sheepish
"well, i dont either, {n}i was just, ah ha...guessing."

bg judgestand
char judge e=warning
"please, dont do that again."
penalty -30
is penalty 0 gameover
goto RonA

label gameover
bg defence
fg dbench
char apollo justice e=sweats
"{c089}(oh, thats just great.)"
exit


and it worked. also, i just spoiled a bit of the case i was making. oh well.

Author:  BonnyMono [ Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:17 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Pywright tutorial (interactive tutorial available)

MrTailsluver wrote:
Quote:
You need to put "resume" at the end of EACH press, and also at the end of the bad present. For a good present, it's probably best if you jump straight to another script, or to a label after the cross examination script. (i.e. after all of the statements, presses, and bad presents)
Also, after the discussion with the helper at the end of the statements, you should add to the end "goto [cross name]" to jump back to the start of the cross examination

Do all that and you shouldn't have any problems. Take a look at how Ropfa does it in script 8 of Tawesomer.

if it helpes, put in comment lines for each section of code to keep it clear in your mind. e.g.
Spoiler: Long example code
Code:
//Cross Examination
cross badguy1
statement1
statement2
statement3
end cross

// Comments
"Gee, this is hard to crack, better Press everything!"
goto badguy1

// Presses
label press statement1
blah blah
resume
label press statement2
yada yada
resume
label press statement3
mumble mumble
resume

//bad present
label none
"WRONG!"
penalty -20
if penalty 0 gameover
goto badguy1

//good present
label decisiveevidence
script scene2


well, ive fixed it, i did this:

Spoiler: Long example code
Code:
//Cross Examination

// good present
label autopsy ronE
mus
sfx /apollo/objection
fg ObjectionAnim
bg defence
fg dbench
char apollo justice e=deskslam
" {sfx Table Slam} {e handsondesk} {p40}not so fast ron!"

bg witness
fg wbench
char Ron e=emphatic
"what!?"

bg defence
fg dbench
char apollo justice e=document
set _ev autopsy
showevl
"your testimony contradicts {n}the autopsy report.  it says the victim {n}was stabbed three times."
hidevl

mus 09 - Thrill Theme ~ Suspense

bg defence
fg dbench
char apollo justice e=normal
" so......................{next}"

bg speedlineupclose2
char apollo justice e=zoom
" {c940}why do you say you saw {n}the victim get stabbed twice!?"
 
bg witness
fg wbench
char Ron e=emphatic
"{f} {s10}{sfx owned}GAH!!

bg witness
fg wbench
char Ron e=emphatic
"that cant be true!! {n}i saw her stab him twice!

bg defence
fg dbench
char apollo justice e=confident
"oh, but it is ron, {n}the prosecution even said so {n}in his opening statement, {n}were you listening?

bg witness
fg wbench
char Ron e=emphatic
"............................."

bg witness
fg wbench
char Ron e=emphatic
"AHHHHHH...... i just remembered {n}something."

bg defence
fg dbench
char apollo justice e=normal
"and what is it ron?"

bg witness
fg wbench
char Ron e=normal
"i know why i didnt {c940}see her stab him {n}three times."

bg judgestand
char judge e=normal
"then testify again.  {n}and dont omit a detail from it."

mus

bg witness
fg wbench
char Ron e=normal
"yes, your honor"
goto start2

//bad present
label none
mus
sfx /apollo/objection
fg ObjectionAnim
bg defence
fg dbench
char apollo justice e=deskslam
"{sfx Table Slam} {e handsondesk} this evidence clearly {n}contradicts the testimony!"

bg judgestand
char judge e=normal
"uhm, i dont see the problem"

bg defence
fg dbench
char apollo justice e=sheepish
"well, i dont either, {n}i was just, ah ha...guessing."

bg judgestand
char judge e=warning
"please, dont do that again."
penalty -30
is penalty 0 gameover
goto RonA

label gameover
bg defence
fg dbench
char apollo justice e=sweats
"{c089}(oh, thats just great.)"
exit


and it worked. also, i just spoiled a bit of the case i was making. oh well.

Also, here's a tip to ease up the process.
Spoiler:
Code:
bg witness
fg wbench
char Ron e=emphatic
"{f} {s10}{sfx owned}GAH!!

bg witness
fg wbench
char Ron e=emphatic
"that cant be true!! {n}i saw her stab him twice!


You just annoyed yourself by adding the "bg" and "fg" twice.
To ease up that process...
Code:
bg witness
fg wbench
char Ron e=emphatic
"{f} {s10}{sfx owned}GAH!"
"{e emphatic}that cant be true!! {n}i saw her stab him twice!"


As you can see, you don't need to re-notify the program to add the same background/foreground if the character is going to say something else after the dialogue you added previously.

Just pointing that out.

Author:  MrTailsluver [ Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pywright tutorial (interactive tutorial available)

BonnyMono wrote:
MrTailsluver wrote:
Quote:
You need to put "resume" at the end of EACH press, and also at the end of the bad present. For a good present, it's probably best if you jump straight to another script, or to a label after the cross examination script. (i.e. after all of the statements, presses, and bad presents)
Also, after the discussion with the helper at the end of the statements, you should add to the end "goto [cross name]" to jump back to the start of the cross examination

Do all that and you shouldn't have any problems. Take a look at how Ropfa does it in script 8 of Tawesomer.

if it helpes, put in comment lines for each section of code to keep it clear in your mind. e.g.
Spoiler: Long example code
Code:
//Cross Examination
cross badguy1
statement1
statement2
statement3
end cross

// Comments
"Gee, this is hard to crack, better Press everything!"
goto badguy1

// Presses
label press statement1
blah blah
resume
label press statement2
yada yada
resume
label press statement3
mumble mumble
resume

//bad present
label none
"WRONG!"
penalty -20
if penalty 0 gameover
goto badguy1

//good present
label decisiveevidence
script scene2


well, ive fixed it, i did this:

Spoiler: Long example code
Code:
//Cross Examination

// good present
label autopsy ronE
mus
sfx /apollo/objection
fg ObjectionAnim
bg defence
fg dbench
char apollo justice e=deskslam
" {sfx Table Slam} {e handsondesk} {p40}not so fast ron!"

bg witness
fg wbench
char Ron e=emphatic
"what!?"

bg defence
fg dbench
char apollo justice e=document
set _ev autopsy
showevl
"your testimony contradicts {n}the autopsy report.  it says the victim {n}was stabbed three times."
hidevl

mus 09 - Thrill Theme ~ Suspense

bg defence
fg dbench
char apollo justice e=normal
" so......................{next}"

bg speedlineupclose2
char apollo justice e=zoom
" {c940}why do you say you saw {n}the victim get stabbed twice!?"
 
bg witness
fg wbench
char Ron e=emphatic
"{f} {s10}{sfx owned}GAH!!

bg witness
fg wbench
char Ron e=emphatic
"that cant be true!! {n}i saw her stab him twice!

bg defence
fg dbench
char apollo justice e=confident
"oh, but it is ron, {n}the prosecution even said so {n}in his opening statement, {n}were you listening?

bg witness
fg wbench
char Ron e=emphatic
"............................."

bg witness
fg wbench
char Ron e=emphatic
"AHHHHHH...... i just remembered {n}something."

bg defence
fg dbench
char apollo justice e=normal
"and what is it ron?"

bg witness
fg wbench
char Ron e=normal
"i know why i didnt {c940}see her stab him {n}three times."

bg judgestand
char judge e=normal
"then testify again.  {n}and dont omit a detail from it."

mus

bg witness
fg wbench
char Ron e=normal
"yes, your honor"
goto start2

//bad present
label none
mus
sfx /apollo/objection
fg ObjectionAnim
bg defence
fg dbench
char apollo justice e=deskslam
"{sfx Table Slam} {e handsondesk} this evidence clearly {n}contradicts the testimony!"

bg judgestand
char judge e=normal
"uhm, i dont see the problem"

bg defence
fg dbench
char apollo justice e=sheepish
"well, i dont either, {n}i was just, ah ha...guessing."

bg judgestand
char judge e=warning
"please, dont do that again."
penalty -30
is penalty 0 gameover
goto RonA

label gameover
bg defence
fg dbench
char apollo justice e=sweats
"{c089}(oh, thats just great.)"
exit


and it worked. also, i just spoiled a bit of the case i was making. oh well.

Also, here's a tip to ease up the process.
Spoiler:
Code:
bg witness
fg wbench
char Ron e=emphatic
"{f} {s10}{sfx owned}GAH!!

bg witness
fg wbench
char Ron e=emphatic
"that cant be true!! {n}i saw her stab him twice!


You just annoyed yourself by adding the "bg" and "fg" twice.
To ease up that process...
Code:
bg witness
fg wbench
char Ron e=emphatic
"{f} {s10}{sfx owned}GAH!"
"{e emphatic}that cant be true!! {n}i saw her stab him twice!"


As you can see, you don't need to re-notify the program to add the same background/foreground if the character is going to say something else after the dialogue you added previously.

Just pointing that out.


when i figured that out, i was gonna change it but im a lazy sort so i aint doing it.

Author:  Ropfa [ Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:52 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Pywright tutorial (interactive tutorial available)

Okay, I have a small update for T-Awesomer. Things I've changed:

-Fixed a few spelling errors
-Fixed a few line break errors
-Added some extra dialogue in my "prologue" before the first scene
-Tweaked a few descriptions here and there
-Added some dialogue with Pearl if you go to the police station BEFORE setting up the flags. She asks you what part you're having trouble with and will go into more detail on each.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/m6x5u ... er1.03.zip

Author:  Lou3797 [ Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pywright tutorial (interactive tutorial available)

So, I know you can use underscore to separate firstname_lastname, but it won't capitalize the lastname, only firstname. Is there any way to accomplish the capitalization of the lastname, or should I just stick with character names that are one word?

Author:  BonnyMono [ Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:54 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Pywright tutorial (interactive tutorial available)

OK, so I was wondering how to make the "check evidence" has more than one more page.

I found this: (From Turnabout of the Web by Rofpa.)
Spoiler: Code
Code:
sfx selectoption

bg chat1 fade

gui Button {cpage2}
x=140 y=200 name=page2 Page 2

gui Back y=350

But when I add that in, only one page shows up and the "page 2" button is unclickable.

However, when I added the .mcro file, it seems fully functioning.

Can anyone explain how it works?

Author:  Ropfa [ Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:53 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Pywright tutorial (interactive tutorial available)

What {cpage2} does is call up a macro named cpage2. In the chatlog.mcro file there is a macro called just this, which is activated (thus, showing the next page). You'll also see in this that it has similar code to call up the first and third pages.

Spoiler:
Code:
macro cpage2
sfx selectoption
delete name=page4
delete name=page2
bg chat2 fade
gui Button {cpage1} x=90 y=200 name=page1 Page 1
gui Button {cpage3} x=140 y=200 name=page3 Page 3
endmacro


Macros are a bit more complicated than I what wanted to discuss in T-Awesomer, which is why they're only barely touched on. If I ever make a third installment, it will most likely be entirely about them.

Author:  Lumicuss [ Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:49 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Pywright tutorial (interactive tutorial available)

Well, I went through both tutorials and found them excellent. I had always wanted to make fancases and HUZZAH I can now.

One question though? Is there a way to remove the back button when examining?

The reason I ask is because I am currently trying to have the defense pick out just what is wrong in a piece of evidence (ie Wright presenting the lack of a bullet role in Maya's robe in 2-2). I set up examining in the courtroom and it works fine except I can't get rid of the back button and found there isn't a noback command for examining.

Any help would be much obliged. :edgey:

Author:  Ropfa [ Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:50 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Pywright tutorial (interactive tutorial available)

examine hide

Author:  Lumicuss [ Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pywright tutorial (interactive tutorial available)

Thanks! I should have realized the answer was so obvious. Silly me.

Author:  BonnyMono [ Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pywright tutorial (interactive tutorial available)

Alright, so I've been having issues with the advanced menus.
Every time I stack it (with "y=192") the background still stays behind the menu.

Spoiler: Code
Code:
bg resturant fade

bg main y=192 stack

menu scene1


Am I doing anything wrong?


And another thing, how exactly can I update evidence? (My only guess is that, you make two different pieces of evidence, then remove the old one and add the updated one so it looks updated... I am wondering how exactly can I remove evidence from the Court-Record.)

Author:  Ropfa [ Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pywright tutorial (interactive tutorial available)

I can think of a few reasons it might not be working, so I'll need a bit more information.

1) Do you actually have an image called "main" inside your bg folder?

2) The "bg main y=192" line is supposed to go in more than one file. You'll be writing that in all five of the investigation scripts (scene1menu.script, scene1.examine, scene1.talk, scene1.present, scene1.move). T-Awesomer marks out the exact places in each of these where you would put it.


And yes, you would need to delete the old evidence and replace it with something else. For a gun, I would usually just codename it "gunupdate," because that keeps it easier to remember. You can delete evidence with delev.

Author:  BonnyMono [ Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:53 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Pywright tutorial (interactive tutorial available)

Ropfa wrote:
I can think of a few reasons it might not be working, so I'll need a bit more information.

1) Do you actually have an image called "main" inside your bg folder?

2) The "bg main y=192" line is supposed to go in more than one file. You'll be writing that in all five of the investigation scripts (scene1menu.script, scene1.examine, scene1.talk, scene1.present, scene1.move). T-Awesomer marks out the exact places in each of these where you would put it.


And yes, you would need to delete the old evidence and replace it with something else. For a gun, I would usually just codename it "gunupdate," because that keeps it easier to remember. You can delete evidence with delev.

1) Yes, I do.

2) I did have it on "scene1menu.script, scene1.examine and scene1.move."
That's because, the options for "Talk" and "Present" aren't available at the moment because it's an investigation part. (Hence there's no character to talk to nor present anything to.)

Author:  Ropfa [ Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:39 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Pywright tutorial (interactive tutorial available)

Well if you don't even have those files, then it shouldn't matter. Would you mind posting the coding for the scenes you do have?

Author:  BonnyMono [ Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:44 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Pywright tutorial (interactive tutorial available)

Very well...

Spoiler: Scene1
Code:
bg resturant

char case hide
"Alright, let's do this."

menu scene1


Spoiler: Scene1.menu
Code:
bg resturant

bg main y=192 stack

menu scene1


Spoiler: Scene1.examine
Code:
label top
bg resturant

examine
region 216 69 39 51 calender
region 164 82 100 100 tables
region 2 40 96 44 windows

bg main y=192 stack
 
label calender
char case hide
"No one cares..."
setflag time
flag time AND eating AND badweth yes
goto top

label tables
char case hide
"Nom Nom Nom Nom..."
setflag eating
flag time AND eating AND badweth yes
goto top

label windows
char case hide
"Bad weather."
setflag badweth
flag time AND eating AND badweth yes
goto top

label yes
char case hide
"Now I should go to that place."
setflag yes
menu scene1

label none
char case hide
"What the fuck am I looking at?"
goto top


Spoiler: Scene1.move
Code:
bg resturant

list scene1move
li Somewhere
li Somehow
flag yes thefuck
showlist
menu scene1
label thefuck
li outside
showlist

bg main y=192 stack

menu scene1

label Somewhere
char case hide
"{sound blipmale}I can't go, or else I{n}will die!!!"
menu scene1

label Somehow
char case hide
"{sound blipmale}I need a burger."
menu scene1

label outside
char case hide
"{sound blipmale}Eurp.{p40} OK, I'm done."
script scene2

Author:  MrTailsluver [ Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:51 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Pywright tutorial (interactive tutorial available)

a question about the flags, how would you set the flag up so if you press the same statement twice it would be different? ive been trying to figure it out.

Author:  Ropfa [ Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:01 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Pywright tutorial (interactive tutorial available)

BonnyMono wrote:
Stuff


Well, first off, you're missing a really important part of the examine menu. You need the line "menu scene1" otherwise you're stuck in an endless loop.

Spoiler:
Code:
examine
region 216 69 39 51 calender
region 164 82 100 100 tables
region 2 40 96 44 windows

bg main y=192 stack
menu scene1


Also, you will need the "bg main y=192 stack" line before every instance of "menu scene1" in the move and talk menus.

Spoiler:
Code:
list scene1move
li Somewhere
li Somehow
flag yes thefuck
showlist
bg main y=192 stack
menu scene1
label thefuck
li outside
showlist

bg main y=192 stack

menu scene1



MrTailsluver wrote:
a question about the flags, how would you set the flag up so if you press the same statement twice it would be different? ive been trying to figure it out.


Just put a flag at the beginning and a setflag at the end of the first conversation.

Author:  BonnyMono [ Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pywright tutorial (interactive tutorial available)

I got it fixed, it somehow worked before the menu comes up.

Spoiler: Coding Example
Code:
//insert scene 1 text here
bg main y=192 stack
menu scene1


Also, I do believe I asked you about how the SFX sounds high pitched when it's in .wav format. However, when I exported it in .ogg format, same thing happens.
Could it be the files themselves or something else?

Author:  E.D.Revolution [ Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pywright tutorial (interactive tutorial available)

It might be that the bitrate is not set correctly. Go to audacity and set the project rate to 44100. If it's in a lower rate, it'll pitch it up when played on Py.

Author:  Ropfa [ Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:29 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Pywright tutorial (interactive tutorial available)

So, I was thinking that after I've released the first half of T-Consequences and A Super Effective Turnabout, I should get around to making this a trilogy.

The third tutorial would be almost entirely on macros. This includes...
--Explaining what the heck they are
--Editing pre-existing macros, like the guilty animation or the court record button
--Custom buttons
--Multiple pages of evidence
--Perceive
--Text editor

Besides this, was there anything else you'd like me to add in? I won't even get started on this for a few months probably.

Author:  MrTailsluver [ Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:12 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Pywright tutorial (interactive tutorial available)

a question that has been bothering me all day: how do you make a second page for evidence checking?

EDIT: oh wow, i didnt even notice the post above me.

Author:  MrTailsluver [ Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:52 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Pywright tutorial (interactive tutorial available)

Hmm, i dont know if what has happened to me is just my sucky coding, or if theres a limit.

basically, not all the talk options are showing

This is what is supposed to show:

Code:
list stufff
li The night of the crime
li Crime Scene
flag presentPerry cantalkperry
flag inspiration cantalkinspiration
showlist
menu scene3
label cantalkperry
li Can you tell me more about you?
showlist
menu scene3
label cantalkinspiration
li Inspiration?
showlist
menu scene3


but only The night of the crime, crime scene, and can you tell me more about you are showing

EDIT: Nevermind, ive gotten past that, i just made it like this:

Code:
list stufff
li The night of the crime
li Crime Scene
flag presentPerry cantalkperry
showlist
menu scene3
label cantalkperry
li More
showlist
menu scene3


and on the label "More" i put this:

Code:
label More
list more
li Can you tell me more about you?
li back
flag inspiration cantalkinspiration
showlist
menu scene3
label cantalkinspiration
li Inspiration?
showlist
menu scene3

label back
goto stufff

Author:  MrTailsluver [ Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:30 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Pywright tutorial (interactive tutorial available)

Oh god i suck at flags... i cant seem to get a statement to come up only after a press on another statement. it is already there, and no matter where i put it, it still appears. the only thing i can think of is i put the flag in the wrong spot.

Author:  hedley [ Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pywright tutorial (interactive tutorial available)

I would like to have something similar to the "Grand Grimore" -a second menu-, is it possible?

Author:  foxcroft [ Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pywright tutorial (interactive tutorial available)

I'm going over some very old custom sprite animations using the newest version of PyWright (0.9880) and I have some that don't seem to work correctly like they used to - I originally made some blink animations loop constantly (as in, blinking frames constantly play rather than the usual static-frame and blinking frames playing every so often) by using the line "blinkmode loop" in the .txt file for that animation. This doesn't seem to work now - don't suppose anyone knows if this was changed or if this is still possible..?

EDIT: Nm, I got it. I thought "blinkmode loop" was supposed to replace "loop 1", rather than be added after it.

Author:  OrderOfTheNick [ Sun May 04, 2014 3:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pywright tutorial (interactive tutorial available)

So, I'm trying to start a case, but I get this error after I click "New game":
Code:
Undefined:'NoneType' object has no attribute 'scene'
scene:'intro', line '1'
current game:games/TT/Turnabout Trump

And then it tells me there was an " error opening script 'intro' ". What do I do?

Author:  BonnyMono [ Tue May 06, 2014 11:01 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Pywright tutorial (interactive tutorial available)

OrderOfTheNick wrote:
So, I'm trying to start a case, but I get this error after I click "New game":
Code:
Undefined:'NoneType' object has no attribute 'scene'
scene:'intro', line '1'
current game:games/TT/Turnabout Trump

And then it tells me there was an " error opening script 'intro' ". What do I do?

Hm... Do you mind sending a screencap of your folder? And the coding for the "Script Intro".

I think the problem might either be in the name of the .txt file or just something with the coding.

Author:  OrderOfTheNick [ Tue May 06, 2014 5:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pywright tutorial (interactive tutorial available)

Ah, it was because I named the file 'intro.txt.txt'. Thanks for your help!

Author:  OrderOfTheNick [ Tue May 13, 2014 2:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pywright tutorial (interactive tutorial available)

Is it possible to fade something in slowly?

Also, posted in the Pywright topic, but Kristoph's sprites are somehow reversed. Meaning that the blinking animation is used when he talks, and the talking animation is used when he doesn't. All his sprites are as "combined", so I have no idea how to fix this.
EDIT:...But his side sprites work fine. .-.

Author:  OrderOfTheNick [ Mon May 19, 2014 7:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pywright tutorial (interactive tutorial available)

Kristoph's side sprites don't actually line up with the AJ background. I know that if I use the char command, I can put x=whatever in there, but I'm using the court macro. Is there any way to get the sprites to line up? :/

Author:  Ropfa [ Tue May 20, 2014 12:37 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Pywright tutorial (interactive tutorial available)

OrderOfTheNick wrote:
Kristoph's side sprites don't actually line up with the AJ background. I know that if I use the char command, I can put x=whatever in there, but I'm using the court macro. Is there any way to get the sprites to line up? :/


Just rearrange the placement in the sprites in the image. I'd recommend putting each frame onto a separate transparent box that is 256x192 pixels (which is the size of the standard background) and then arranging them so that they line up however you want.

Author:  kaiten619 [ Thu May 22, 2014 10:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pywright tutorial (interactive tutorial available)

is there a way to keep the later cases lock. like if you finish case 1 then it unlocks case 2 like in the ds games of phoenix wright

Page 3 of 5 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/