Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 1 of 1[ 6 posts ]

Ace Attorney: Trial de Novo *needs spriters/artists*Topic%20Title

Forensic Investigator

Hey there, people of the court-records forums! All right, I have tried and tried and tried to get fan-games off the ground for ages. The first one was kind of crap, mainly done as a means to practice case-writing and vent. The second one used a bunch of recolored sprites, but I realized very quickly that the story I wanted to tell for the finale case of that game would work much better as an actual case with Apollo Justice, rather than his re-colored buddy Daniel Lamont.

To make things a bit easier on myself- and any spriters I manage to convince to help me out- I've planned out each case to try to limit the number of original sprites that will be needed. If any spriters are interested- I'll give descriptions of any characters that need fleshing out as they come along.

I know how to code the case for myself, and some art I can either do or find on the web, but for certain very specific things- ie sprites and crime photos- I need help, so keep an eye out for that.

*ahem* That's enough rambling about the help I need. Here's a brief preview of what I've got so far.

Case 1- Turnabout the Stage

Summary: When famed prima donna Madame Lea Hamme is found hanged above the stage, her co-worker and fellow actor Cress Inpax is quick to be condemned for her murder. But was her death really a murder, or something else...? This is the question Apollo Justice tries to answer while faced with the lash of the prosecutor's whip.

Planning: 100%
Script: 100% (If anyone would care to proofread, offer suggestions, PM me and I'll send the files/text over.)
Music: 100%
Coding: 0%
Spriting: 0%

NEEDED: One original sprite, two original evidence profiles, and a crime photo piece of artwork!

Case 2- Turnabout is Fair Play

Summary: After winning by a landslide in the Steel Samurai Card Pro Tournament, Penny Nichols is discovered dead in her room at the Gatewater Hotel. Worse still, Pearl Fey has been implicated in her murder! Can Phoenix clear Pearl's name against the prosecutor that cost him his badge so many years ago?

Planning: 5% (Let's put it this way. I know the basic premise and the final piece of evidence I want presented to win the case. That is the extent of my knowledge.)
Scripting: 0%
Music: 75% (Just need to find stuff for the original characters.)
Spriting: 0% (if we only consider original sprites)

NEEDED: Unknown as of yet. Older!Pearls, for sure. Will post others as thought arises.

Case 3- Stir Crazy Turnabout

Summary: Poor Maggie Byrde's luck just can't seem to improve as she finds herself once more implicated in a murder at her waitressing job at Tres Bien (Now under new management!). Meanwhile, Iris, while serving her community service sentence at a nursing home, finds herself accused of assisting the death of one of her charges. While Apollo struggles to prove Maggie's innocence and Phoenix fights to help Iris, the two discover that their supposedly separate cases are connected by one man- who has far more blood on his hands than either party ever realized.

Planning: 5% (Again, basic concept, guilty party. Not sure on much else. I'm definitely thinking on it.)
Script: 0%
Music: 75% (Again, music for the original characters, reminiscences, etc.)

NEEDED: Will post as awareness rises. For sure will need an extension to one older character's sprie sheet, if that wasn't included from the get go.

Case 4- The Fraternal Turnabout

Summary: The Phoenix will no more rise from the ashes in the aftermath of an incident occurring at Hazakura Temple. Despite his better judgment, Apollo takes the case of the one who is implicated in his death. However, delving into this case soon uncovers one of the victim's greatest errors- an incident which may now have to be retried if there is to be any chance of discovering the truth in this case.

Planning: 50% (I have a really solid idea for how this case is going to end, and a good grasp on its beginning.)
Script: 10% (I have some still left from when it used to be a Daniel Lamont case. Just do a little fixing.)
Music: 80% (I already have some idea of the Reminiscence theme for this case. Need more looking up for other characters.)

NEEDED: This case will be the most demanding, original sprite, photo, and evidence wise, as I need original stuff for both the current case as well as the flashback case which occurs.

Last edited by CrecieVII on Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Ace Attorney: Trial de Novo *needs spriters/artists*Topic%20Title

Dracarys!

Well, first off... I'd seriously recommend against putting major spoilers in your thread before the game has been released (even if they're in spoiler brackets). It will be very easy for people to look at it and automatically assume you're not being serious about the project if you're so liberal about giving out spoilers.

Forensic Investigator

Solid point. That's been fixed. ^^"

Secondly, while working on the scripts for the other cases, I may go ahead and code for the first case using sprite substitutions for the original character while I wait for someone to help with spriting. Believe me when I say that I have TRIED on my own, but I can't draw or sprite worth a darn.

That'll save me a step- that way all I have to do is substitute the pics in the sprite folder when the sprite's done. I can probably mock-up the crime photo as well.

Boogy-oogy-oogy-oogy

I take it Cress Inpax is related to the lady from 2-4? I might be willing to help you out with her sprite, provided I had a better idea of what she should look like.
Voodoo Sprites
I do some graphics for Conflict of Interest.

Forensic Investigator

Yes, Cress is related. But, er... he's a he. ^^" Understandable mistake to make, he is supposed to look rather effeminate.

Cress has shoulder-length dark hair (black or brown, either way) and olive eyes, pale skin tone. He's fairly skinny, but very tall. In the first case he's in, he has a script with him at all times, which he spends most of his time studying or flipping absently through. (Or tearing through the pages, if he's been cornered.) In the next case he's in, he works at Tres Bien, so he holds a bowl which he stirs rather than a script that he flips through.

But yeah. He is related to the lady from 2-4. And it is a plot point that he is, so there should be some resemblance there.

Fun thing- his name pun is 'Crest Impact', like the impact of the crest of a wave. Also, 'cress' as in 'watercress', which goes with him being a cook later. And 'cress' as a pun on 'caress'. But yeah. That's a basic description of the guy. If you PM me, I'll give you more details about him and what I'm going to need for him. :) I appreciate the offer!

One hyperactive finn.

I'll help you with them... meaning sprites. :)
I'm good in that stuff.
Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Games