Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 1 of 1[ 17 posts ]

Different language?Topic%20Title

I am currently planning a project to localize Ace Attorney to Hebrew.

As Hebrew has different features from Japanese and English, which are listed below, i don't know what case maker i will use, that can support those exceptions.

1. Hebrew is written from right to left, contrary to English and Japanese
2. Hebrew is in unicode, and it does not have a font for Ace Attorney.
(I CAN make the font, the problem is the right to left scrolling)

Any help will be greatly appericiated.
Re: Different language?Topic%20Title

Prosecutor

Hi paviv14.
Wow! Your project is interesting!
You can't use Ace Attorney Online (AAO) as casemaker because You can't use Your font and write from right to left. It's quite closed.
So I think the unique casemaker for your project is PYWright, but I'm not sure if You can do what You want. I never used PYWright.
If You want a hint, ask to KSA_Tech (on Court-Records) or here maybe with PYWright You may make Your project.

Fate Testarossa

You also wouldn't be allowed to use AAO because Unas doesn't allow any actual AA-cases to be remade on the site.

Fate is made by クロス

Prosecutor

kwando wrote:
You also wouldn't be allowed to use AAO because Unas doesn't allow any actual AA-cases to be remade on the site.

I agree with him.
Maybe with PYWright You may have more chance to do Your project.

Dracarys!

I'm not sure if Pywright would be capable of writing Hebrew text, would it? It can't even do accented letters, like they have in Spanish.

Thanks everyone for your feedback!
Ropfa, maybe if I overwrite the font with Hebrew letters?
And somehow get the text from right to left?

Dracarys!

I wouldn't know how to do the right to left thing. It MAY be possible, but I'm not the right person to ask about that.

I just blue myself

Do you think you could really do that though? It would take a lot of time and there'd be little payoff. Maybe it's a personal thing but I dunno. Good luck with your project!
I'm So Meta, Even This Acronym

But in all honesty, META humour sucks.

ReturnofthePhoenix wrote:
Do you think you could really do that though? It would take a lot of time and there'd be little payoff. Maybe it's a personal thing but I dunno. Good luck with your project!

Thanks for your concern, but it's not just me on this project, i'm working with a few friends and so far we've localized the names, and some of the graphics :phoenix:
Our only obstacle at the moment is implementing the text itself.

I just blue myself

paviv14 wrote:

Thanks for your concern, but it's not just me on this project, i'm working with a few friends and so far we've localized the names, and some of the graphics :phoenix:

Oh really? Interesting! I have family in Israel so I'd be interested in seeing this to practise my hebrew. I look forward to seeing how this would progress. Good work and good luck!
I'm So Meta, Even This Acronym

But in all honesty, META humour sucks.

paviv14 wrote:

Oh really? Interesting! I have family in Israel so I'd be interested in seeing this to practise my hebrew. I look forward to seeing how this would progress. Good work and good luck!

Thank you very much! :)
Yeah it's been real depressing being me and my girlfriend the only ones who know Phoenix Wright in israel, and we really wanna make it a thing here :)

paviv14 wrote:
Thanks everyone for your feedback!
Ropfa, maybe if I overwrite the font with Hebrew letters?
And somehow get the text from right to left?

Ropfa wrote:
I wouldn't know how to do the right to left thing. It MAY be possible, but I'm not the right person to ask about that.

You could ask Saluk (the creator of Pywright) if it's possible, all though I doubt you'll get a response. It's worth a shot though.
Behold! The Ace Attorney Band!

Thanks, I already sent him a message..
Now we wait.

They don't :c

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

Remaking the game? Do you know how hard that is? It took expert programmers weeks to remake just 1-1...

I suggest you don't remake it, at all. Just get a Let's Play walkthrough from YouTube, ask its owner for permission, and put H ebrew subtitles on top of the video with annotations, or heck, maybe even edit the video with Hebrew subtitles and graphics on top of the original ones. But an interactive version is nigh on impossible. Believe me, you'll end up abandoning it if you try that. On the other hand, a video translation is MUCH more plausible, and I believe you could do it quite quickly. Remaking the game(s) in a casemaker, even if you have the skills for it, would take at the very least an year per game. Trust me, casemaking isn't easy at all.

...At least not for now... More on that soon.

Really.. I had no idea, well, guess ill make my own case then as I already localized a good portion of the graphics.

They don't :c

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

paviv14 wrote:
Really.. I had no idea, well, guess ill make my own case then as I already localized a good portion of the graphics.

You could do what I suggested: get someone's video walkthrough of the game, download the videos, and with their permission, edit them, then post them to YouTube. To edit them get Sony Vegas or Adobe Premiere, or heck, even Movie Maker, and put the localized graphics over the videos, and use Hebrew subtitles, or something like that. It's quite easier than it sounds thanks to the user-friendliness of Vegas, Premiere and MM (specially Premiere if you ask me.)

It's quite conceivable, while an entire remake of the games in Hebrew would really be a work of years upon years, if at all possible.

Hope this helps.

DeMatador wrote:
paviv14 wrote:

You could do what I suggested: get someone's video walkthrough of the game, download the videos, and with their permission, edit them, then post them to YouTube. To edit them get Sony Vegas or Adobe Premiere, or heck, even Movie Maker, and put the localized graphics over the videos, and use Hebrew subtitles, or something like that. It's quite easier than it sounds thanks to the user-friendliness of Vegas, Premiere and MM (specially Premiere if you ask me.)

It's quite conceivable, while an entire remake of the games in Hebrew would really be a work of years upon years, if at all possible.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your input!
I'll think about it, so far my idea is making my own case in Hebrew that gives off that Ace Attorney vibe, and leave the player wanting more, directing him to play the series :) (In English, obviously.)
Page 1 of 1 [ 17 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Games