Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 1 of 1[ 19 posts ]

Alternian Turnabout: Aradia Megido (v1.1 Final)Topic%20Title

Greetings. Looking at this forum now, I probably should have come here for help all those times I struggled with this during development. Mostly, I came to this website to research the graphics of the Ace Attorney games and sprite animations and in that regard it was a massive help.

This is a Homestuck themed Ace Attorney made in Ren'py, with an emphasis on imitation and paying homage to the endearing elements of both series. The good news is that it is all but completed and ready to play thanks to the generous efforts of a supportive community, though there might still be a couple of bugs or typos hidden away. Hence why it is in beta. For those who are familiar with the webcomic, you might enjoy my humble little case. The objective should not be terribly unfamiliar to people on these boards. Someone was killed, someone innocent is suspected, and the objective is to find the truth. However, it is much easier to understand everything going on if one is familiar with the comic.

The graphics used are almost all unique, as is most of the music, however at this time most of the actual Ace Attorney sound effects and voices are still in place.

Spoiler: Screenshot 1

Spoiler: Screenshot 2

Spoiler: Screenshot 3

Alternian Turnabout v1.1 for Windows

Alternian Turnabout v1.1 for Mac

Alternian Turnabout v1.1 for Linux

Please enjoy the game, and if there are any bugs it would be helpful for me to know about them.

Update: Released a new build for Mac and Linux to fix some problems with case sensitivity.

Update 4/13/15: The game is virtually complete.

Last edited by EightHeadedDragon on Mon May 25, 2020 2:01 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Re: Alternian Turnabout: Aradia Megido (beta ready to play)Topic%20Title

Dracarys!

Is that the Daedric alphabet I see in the logo?

Correct, an inverted version of it was used in the webcomic as the troll alphabet.

Edit: Err, I guess I should have made myself very perfectly clear about my sources. Homestuck is a webcomic on MS Paint Adventures by Andrew Hussie and it was through their forum community that I gathered the talent and resources needed to create this fangame.

The game is now virtually complete now that a known bug and several know typos have been dealt with, but I wish to make sure I didn't break anything before I officially declare it 1.0 and complete. Thanks to everyone who has helped in finding typos and providing feedback.

Mia Payne

Ah, congratulations on being the first complete Homestuck custom case, there was another called Terezi: Ace Attorney for Pywright, but that was unfinished!

Questions: How long is this game? Is this going to be a series?

EDIT: I really, really think you should have included a non-homestuck 1337 speak option, I can't follow the story as well with the current script being L1k3 th1s

Thank you for your feedback. Alternian Turnabout is a standalone case that comes in three acts, two of which are courtroom arcs with an investigation phase in between. It seems somewhat difficult to plausibly make a full series within the framework I'd set up for this scenario so it is unlikely there will be more cases.
Re: Alternian Turnabout: Aradia Megido (v1.1 Final)Topic%20Title

Updated for the final release. Final as in "unless I get my own sound effects this is the whole thing."

I know this was like 3 years ago now, but if you could get some good voices would you add them??
For example fans who can mimic the character voices well and would do it? :will: :will:

xcasx wrote:
I know this was like 3 years ago now, but if you could get some good voices would you add them??
For example fans who can mimic the character voices well and would do it? :will: :will:

Thanks for still showing an interest in the project. Is there a sample I could listen to somewhere?

I can't use pfp's from URLs ;-;

Good evening.

Before I get to the point, I want to clarify that I haven't downloaded the game yet. It's midnight where I live and I should be sleeping :oops:

But anyway, the thing is: Could I go ahead and translate the game to Spanish after I finish playing it? Spanish is my native language, after all

Never mind. I didn't read that it's made in Ren'py. My bad :nick-sweat:
Good evening. Nate here.

1) Just now I was able to see the screenshots and SKFJDIDJSODNDJS ME LIKEY

2) Ok, I got Ren'py a while ago, so now I can get to try to translate it

3) Imma use phone data to download it now and take it to my PC tomorrow :wellington:
Good evening. Nate here.

Ok, I finished it a few days ago and... I like it!

I got stuck with the last testimony for a while tho. Took me some time to realize what statement I had to present in :oops:

I have one wittle problem tho: I try to go into the .rpyc files and all I get is gibberish instead of actual coding

HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO TRANSLATE THIS GAME IF I CAN'T ACCESS THE SCRI-- ok im going overboard

Most I can do at the moment regarding a translation would be editing the speech bubble sprites and replacing the voice files with the Spanish ones
Good evening. Nate here.

Nate wrote:
Ok, I finished it a few days ago and... I like it!

I got stuck with the last testimony for a while tho. Took me some time to realize what statement I had to present in :oops:

I have one wittle problem tho: I try to go into the .rpyc files and all I get is gibberish instead of actual coding

HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO TRANSLATE THIS GAME IF I CAN'T ACCESS THE SCRI-- ok im going overboard

Most I can do at the moment regarding a translation would be editing the speech bubble sprites and replacing the voice files with the Spanish ones

The idea raises a lot of thoughts. What do you think about the Homestuck Spanish translations, do they set a good standard for the troll typing quirks? I'd almost forgotten that the rpy files weren't included with the download. I could provide them but they're admittedly a big mess.

Skunkiest lawyer around

heya! playing this for the first time, and this rocks! really high quality :) haviing a great time!

getting a little stuck at some parts though, if you're still active then could I ask for a few tips? it's about
Spoiler:
Nepeta and proving kenny couldn't have hidden

Thank you!

edit: got past that! but now it's
Spoiler:
nepeta not noticing the body

double edit!
Spoiler:
now it's gamzee an the mismatched equipment ;P

triple :P
Spoiler:
eridan's testimony lol

qwerty9537 wrote:
heya! playing this for the first time, and this rocks! really high quality :) haviing a great time!

getting a little stuck at some parts though, if you're still active then could I ask for a few tips? it's about
Spoiler:
Nepeta and proving kenny couldn't have hidden

Thank you!

edit: got past that! but now it's
Spoiler:
nepeta not noticing the body

double edit!
Spoiler:
now it's gamzee an the mismatched equipment ;P

triple :P
Spoiler:
eridan's testimony lol

Glad to see someone still enjoying it after all this time. Judging from the number of edits, I think you'll get there on your own! That "triple" edit reportedly is where most players get stuck though, since it's a little vague and there are more ways to get it wrong than normal. Good luck!

Skunkiest lawyer around

thanks for still being active! threads almost 10 years old now. yeah when I was making these edits I was thinking "ohh, I'm just not the best at this game :P' and after about ten minutes I'd figure something out. but yeah I'm stumped currently, but I've had a sleep since then so I'll see if I can crack it!

Skunkiest lawyer around

oh dang, I got past it! First try too! i guess using objects mentioned in the sentence has a higher chance of working than unrelated items :P

Skunkiest lawyer around

qwerty9537 wrote:
oh dang, I got past it! First try too! i guess using objects mentioned in the sentence has a higher chance of working than unrelated items :P

aand.. finished! this thing rocked, loved it start to finish! i think i'd like to try and do something similar one day, but I'm not sure how to write stuff with as many twists and turns as this :P

not sure what else to say, but I really enjoyed this game! everyone felt really in character and while hard, wasn't too bad after I got the hang of it (which happened suprisingly late, blah.) now I just have to finish the actual AA game :shoe:

have you made any other fangames or anything similar? if you have any other works I'd love to see them! feel free to give recommendations for others work as well, doesn't even have to be Homestuck lol

have a good day!

qwerty9537 wrote:
qwerty9537 wrote:

aand.. finished! this thing rocked, loved it start to finish! i think i'd like to try and do something similar one day, but I'm not sure how to write stuff with as many twists and turns as this :P

not sure what else to say, but I really enjoyed this game! everyone felt really in character and while hard, wasn't too bad after I got the hang of it (which happened suprisingly late, blah.) now I just have to finish the actual AA game :shoe:

have you made any other fangames or anything similar? if you have any other works I'd love to see them! feel free to give recommendations for others work as well, doesn't even have to be Homestuck lol

have a good day!

Thank you for the kind words! Unfortunately I never finished any of my other projects but seeing someone appreciate this title after all this time is inspiring.
Page 1 of 1 [ 19 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Games