Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 1 of 1[ 23 posts ]

Diego Armando - Ace Attorney fangame (by Dynakirby63)Topic%20Title

The imagination justifies the pimp

So I've heard of a :javado: fangame project made by godot_125 and it got cancelled. So looking at the opportunity to release my ideas, I've decided to make my own. I haven't had any official artwork yet as of now, but I do have the plots and characters planned. So tell me what you think.

So here are the cases as far as I planned:

Spoiler:
Case 1: Turnabout Wildfire

A rabid dog has been on the loose and it almost attacked a young citizen, members of the animal control succeeded at shooting it down, but it resulted in one of the members getting mysteriously shot themselves. The young citizen was accused for the murder and it's up to Diego to defend her and pursue the truth behind his very first case.
Misc: "Wildfire" as in wild gunfire instead of actual fire.

Case 2: The Medical Turnabout

Diego ended up in a medical centre due to excessive coffee intake from the celebration of his victory. Meanwhile, a pharmacist was killed in the building and a mental patient was seen holding a bloody knife. By taking his case (only after his medication), Diego just set on a quest to learn about the history of the medical centre and how it connects to the case at hand.
Misc: The detective and rival prosecutor this case reveals aren't canon characters, so sorry. :hobolaugh:

Case 3: Turnabout Sorcery

A medieval sorcery play was held in a theater and has been an ongoing play for years. Until one day, the actor who played the protagonist was killed and the murder was pinned onto the actor who played the antagonist. Seems like another case Diego could handle, but a certain memory from the past involving the defendant doesn't seem to make this something Diego would take for granted.

Case 4: Turnabout Eruption

A volcano (yes, I went there) in a nearby island which was presumed to be inactive for decades had erupted once again. Civilians made a quick escape from the island through boats and helicopters. After the helicopters escaped the island, one of them crashed into an opposite surface and the pilot was killed from it. A bullet was found on the pilot's body, which results in the crashing being a murder. A fellow helicopter passenger was accused for shooting the pilot and through a strange turn of event, Diego was hired for the defense despite him not knowing of the incident being a murder.

Case 5: Heartbeat of the Turnabout

No details yet, at least not without spoiling certain characters and plot elements.

So yeah... vague and complicated, isn't it? :ron:

Last edited by Bolting Shaman on Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:45 am, edited 3 times in total.
Re: Diego Armando - Ace Attorney fangame (by Dynakirby63)Topic%20Title

Dracarys!

I'd say just go ahead and post whatever non-spoiler information you have. People will be more interested if you have something to show them.

HenryPark wrote:
Maybe you should make a trailer, and a cover.
And actual proof that you're developing this.
:edgeworth:

Well, I AM currently working on the Box Art for the game :study: . So until then, I'll discuss the details first

Ropfa wrote:
I'd say just go ahead and post whatever non-spoiler information you have. People will be more interested if you have something to show them.

Alright. Though a few things might get altered every once in a while so... Hopefully nothing's wrong with that :sahwit-2:

Mia Payne

Case 3 and Case 4 (Especially Case 4) interest me...

Case 4 looks unique and the possibilities of Case 3!

I hope you succeed at making this case!

Are any canon characters like Mia or Grossberg appearing?

Also, besides Turnabout Wildfire, the titles seem a little off and forced. For example, I feel like "Turnabout Sorcery" should be "The Sorcerous Turnabout" and "The Medical Turnabout" should be something like "Turnabout Operation"

Mia Payne

JesusMonroe wrote:

Also, besides Turnabout Wildfire, the titles seem a little off and forced. For example, I feel like "Turnabout Sorcery" should be "The Sorcerous Turnabout" and "The Medical Turnabout" should be something like "Turnabout Operation"

Okay... now I forgive all your other BS posts... but.. seriously?

What freaking right do you have to criticize other's works in a way that makes no sense? "Little off and Forced" In what way? Sorcerous sounds terrible... and the third critism is COMPLETELY unwarrented "Medical" to "Operation"

How about you shut up and learn that just because you don't agree with something, you should criticize it

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Have to agree with Blizdi here.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Blizdi wrote:
JesusMonroe wrote:

What freaking right do you have to criticize other's works in a way that makes no sense? "Little off and Forced" In what way? Sorcerous sounds terrible... and the third critism is COMPLETELY unwarrented "Medical" to "Operation"

How about you shut up and learn that just because you don't agree with something, you should criticize it

Sorry?

I don't know what else to say. What right do I have to criticize? How about free speech?

I'm interested in this project and considering there isn't much else to ask about, I talked about the titles. I was in no way trying to hurt the OP. It was just an off-hand comment. Calm down

1000% Knight

Blizdi wrote:
JesusMonroe wrote:

You may disagree with JM's criticisms, but you can phrase your criticism of JM's criticisms in a much more polite and constructive manner.

In general criticism is fine, but it needs to be constructive, and there's no reason to get offensive or resort to personal attacks.
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Blizdi wrote:
JesusMonroe wrote:

The hell Blizdi?

JesusMonroe left some genuine and constructive criticism about his/her opinion of the case titles. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and this is no exception. If JM doesn't like the titles the OP gave, then there's nothing wrong with commenting on that and posting in the thread. There's this little thing called "constructive criticism" that people are SUPPOSED to give to authors, and let me ask, what right do YOU have to go on a rant and telling someone to "shut up" and calling their posts "BS"? This isn't your fangame, so why should it matter so much to you? Maybe the author will agree with JM, maybe not. If you really don't like it, then reply with "I like the titles, actually." Insulting JM was not necessary in the slightest. You have the right to have an opinion. So does JM. But you certainly don't have the right to go off ranting about why JM's criticisms were "unwarranted" and "terrible" for no apparent reason other than you disagree. If JM doesn't like the titles, then JM can say so. If you like the titles, then you can say so. There's no need to insult anybody here when all you're doing is expressing your opinion about the titles of fancases. :ron:

And before you use the argument "but aren't you ranting at ME over my post?!", well, yes, I have gone on a rant because this pushed a button about a sensitive topic for me. But the thing I have not done is been rude towards you over this. I have not insulted you personally in the slightest in this post, nor have I even chosen a side in the whole debate over the titles to boot. I'm just pointing out my opinion on criticism as a fan-game creator.

(We should really drop the topic and get back to the fangame though, this is completely irrelevant. But this pushed my "fangame maker" button soo...)

Dracarys!

Criticism is something the OP will face, whether it's now or after the case is eventually released (most likely both). JesusMonroe was just giving an opinion and was actually being nice about it, which is more than can be said about many other critics out there. Personally, I'd say it's better that any potential issues be faced now, rather than after 100 hours have already been put into the project.

But back on topic... The case synopses seem interesting enough. Dynakirby, I'm pretty sure I've seen some Diego defense sprites either on this site or AAO. You might try looking for those to use them. Also, do you know what casemaker you were planning on using? Pywright? AAO? PWLib?

Blizdi wrote:
Case 3 and Case 4 (Especially Case 4) interest me...

Case 4 looks unique and the possibilities of Case 3!

I hope you succeed at making this case!

Thank you for your support! :will:

Ropfa wrote:
Criticism is something the OP will face, whether it's now or after the case is eventually released (most likely both). JesusMonroe was just giving an opinion and was actually being nice about it, which is more than can be said about many other critics out there. Personally, I'd say it's better that any potential issues be faced now, rather than after 100 hours have already been put into the project.

But back on topic... The case synopses seem interesting enough. Dynakirby, I'm pretty sure I've seen some Diego defense sprites either on this site or AAO. You might try looking for those to use them. Also, do you know what casemaker you were planning on using? Pywright? AAO? PWLib?

Well, I will be using those sprites (if I can have permission or just simply credit them for it) but I'm gonna alter them a bit as
Spoiler:
Diego is 23 in this game.

Also, I'm using PyWright. And I've been following your tutorials currently.

Guys, calm down, there's nothing to get worked up over. I accept any criticisms given.

Also, I'm keeping "The Medical Turnabout" as there's no technical "Operation" going on in this case.

I might consider changing "Turnabout Sorcery" if I can come up with a better title but for now, I'll just stick with that.

GyakutenFanatic wrote:
Have to agree with Blizdi here.

Oh hey, you're here :grey:
You don't mind one of my cases being similar to yours... Would you?

JesusMonroe wrote:

Yes, there will be canon characters, but...
Spoiler:
Only 3 of them (excluding Diego)

HenryPark wrote:
Also, I'd recommend you to not to spoil the entire cases before you evens start ACTUALLY making the game.
That's just... Bad.
Without spoiling the game you can have a more natural story where no one expects what can happen
or what can be introduced.

I merely gave off brief intros, none of them spoiled any important twists or anything like that.

HenryPark wrote:
Well, at least you can warns us against a mistake like Turnabout Big Top...
Anyways, Make it a surprise!
(Just like that fucking Turnabout Big Top...)
:edgeworth:

*likes Turnabout Big Top* :sadshoe:
Anyways, yeah. I will.

E.D.Revolution wrote:
-- Please Disregard this post. --

Excuse me?

Wow, how long has it been since I did anything here :grey:

In all seriousness though, I can't really focus on making the game yet currently. I got a few personal things that I need to handle first. Don't worry, I'm still working on this project and I WILL put up the cover for it. But for now, I'm just gonna deal with what I can...

Wow, I haven't been talking here for a while, haven't I? :sadshoe:

Don't worry guys, this project isn't dead. I still am working on it (as proven by the synopsis') but I won't have much time to completely spend on it as I have... :grossberg: life business to deal with. I will try to get the trailer out if I can, but it might take a while, so stay patient if you can :basil:

*knock* *knock* Is anyone home? :eh?:

Sorry that I've been holding this off for a while. Like I said, I've been busy with life. But now I feel is the time that I get the show on the road. So, I've toyed around with Pywright a bit and now I've managed to create somewhat of a trailer, here's the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmOQVi3ME3o

Don't worry guys, I'll get to working on this, for real this time.
Page 1 of 1 [ 23 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Games