Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 1 of 1[ 37 posts ]

AA Trilogy HD Music Patch (2.0) (In Progress)Topic%20Title

Phoenix stance is best, Wright?

This thread is dedicated to the update of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy HD on iOS. Updates and Progress will be posted below when they arise.

-Worklist-
Spoiler:
﮲Re-reading the posts, I saw that it was suggested that GS1's music should be updated, as well. This will be done.
﮲Knowing that the animation quality is a bit lackluster, I will be slowly working on that.
﮲The 3DS version contains a lot of useful stuff. Will be looking into using that version for support.
﮲Certain bugs in the game will be fixed as well, including game-crashing bugs for those on older devices (Performance based issues).
﮲Re-testing has taught me that Edgeworth's music files and bugged and sometimes don't switch back to Wright's. Will search for why this is happening.

-FAQ-
Spoiler:
Q: Will this patch be available for Android devices, too?
A: Probably not. Unless I get team members to copy my work over to Android. I simply do not have enough time as it is.
Q: So you're updating the GBA music with the NDS version, right?
A: No. The patch will update the music to the Gyakuten Saiban Sound Box tracks. The quality is significantly better, and is about the same file size.
Q: Does this patch only fix the music, or will there be other corrections as well?
A: Music is priority one, but I would like to correct some of the sprite errors, text bugs, and overall just do what CAPCOM didn't - a Bug Test.
Q: Do I need a Jailbroken iDevice to use the patch?
A: Maybe. It all depends on your device and the software you use. I suggest using iFunBox. If that doesn't work for you, then you probably need a jailbroken device. Sorry.
Q:I want to assist you! How can I do so?
A:Email me or PM me. I really need help as I have a lot to take care of in this thing we call "Real Life". Pro Tip: Real Life sucks.

UPDATE 6/28/15: Added a worklist section to quick-view current progress. I have most of my old data intact. Yay. Also updated the FAQ and cleaned up the post a little.

UPDATE 6/18/15: After a while of being busy and flying all over the place for work, I've finally gotten some spare time. I've been reminded of this old project and am going to work on it a little more, whether anyone cares or not. Something to do. Any and all help is welcomed, for those who are generous. Expect updates within the next couple months.

UPDATE 7/18/14: To all the Android users out there... I have been hard at work on porting the English translation over to Android devices. Currently, I am experimenting with a Galaxy Tablet, but this patch should work will all devices that can run the game. This release will include patch 2.1 and will fix several errors in the Android release. iOS and Android updates will be released simultaneously. Also, patches 2.1+ for both devices will require root/jailbreak. Sorry for the inconvenience. See FAQ for details.

UPDATE 6/25/14: Patch 2.0 released. All music from Trials and Tribulations has been successfully converted over to Sound Box.

UPDATE 6/24/14: Working on a fix for bug that prevents music from T&T Case 3+ to be implemented. Most of T&T music converted over to Sound Box. Patch incoming.

UPDATE 6/20/14: Added an icon at the title screen to determine the success of the copy. Updated to Patch 1.0.1

UPDATE 6/19/14: Patch 1.0 released. Justice for All has been updated with the music patch! From what I can tell, it's working perfectly. Feedback is most appreciated.

UPDATE 6/18/14: Entire List of Music for GS2&3 Identified (Ex. bgm067 & bgm067lp = Great Revival Mitsurugi Reiji)

UPDATE 6/17/14: T&T Case 1 Music Updated to GS Sound Box and Implemented for testing purposes. Results proved most satisfactory. Side Note: Volume of Sound Box tracks seem to be a bit louder. Will deafen the volume of tracks by 20% as needed. The one-fifth volume reduction was barely noticeable. A 45% reduction matched the original volume perfectly.

~~~
Download Patch (2.0): http://bit.ly/pw_patch62514 (See Patch Notes for details...)
~~~

Patch Notes:
Spoiler:
Patch 2.0:
﮲Updated Title Screen icon to indicate the 2.0 patch
﮲Updated music from T&T Cases 1-5 to Sound Box format.
﮲Fixed a bug that prevented music from T&T Cases 3+ to be recognized by the app.
﮲Minor tweak to the CodeResources file that would prevent future bugs concerning sprite fixes.
~~~
Patch 1.0.1:
﮲Updated Title Screen to include a Saxophone icon symbolizing a successful patch.
﮲Included an updated CodeResources file that will be helpful in future patches.
﮲Fixed a bug in Rise From the Ashes where the game would randomly crash when running low on memory after certain "RFTA Exclusive" events were triggered (such as Luminol usage, Fingerprint ID-ing, and scripted 3-D Examinations).
~~~
Patch 1.0:
﮲Initial Release. Updated music from JFA Cases 1-4 and T&T Case 1 to Gyakuten Saiban Sound Box versions.

Last edited by Vicious Karma on Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:22 pm, edited 63 times in total.
Re: GS123HD - FixTopic%20Title

Sure, I'd gladly like to see a fix since Capcom obviously doesn't care.

Assuming that you can make a good fix, hopefully it can be implemented on non-Jailbroken devices through iFunBox or something.

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

I wouldn't mind this. If you could somehow fix the animations as well, that would be awesome.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

No, I do NOT want the NDS quality, I want the Sound Box remasters. Also, bring back Pearls' theme!

Interesting fact: In 3-5, when you have to
Spoiler:
present the final piece of evidence, the original Pursuit theme plays instead of the 2004 remix.

POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Elise Deauxnim's theme also isn't in the remake IIRC

Wow! Lots of replies very quickly. Okay, to answer everything...

~The fix will be recompiled into an "ipa" file, so anything like iTools or iFunBox can install it no problem. No jailbreak required.
~I already have a tool that can help me fix the animation problems as well. Might take a tad longer, but it can be done!
~Holy crap, I didn't even think about the GS SoundBox. Great idea! One thing to note on that, is that when converted to m4a (for the iDevices to read) the sizes are a little different [Ex. 400KB vs 4160KB] Also, YES! I hate how they switched out Pearl's theme for the one used for April May, Lotta Heart, etc and didn't use the remastered Objection! 2001 theme. Will definitely edit those lines of code to put in the appropriate music. Thank you for pointing that out!
~Can and will add Elise Deauxnim's theme to the game. Didn't know they didn't include it. Thanks!

Okay, so the main thing right now is to figure out which music we want. NDS or SoundBox. In the meantime I'll do some bug-fixing and get to work on those sprites.

EDIT: I've decided the SoundBox tracks are superior and have found a way to shrink the size while maintaining perfect quality.

Vicious Karma wrote:
~Can and will add Elise Deauxnim's theme to the game. Didn't know they didn't include it. Thanks!

Apparently they actually do have it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7YoaWtN6bs

I assumed they didn't because it doesn't play at a certain part where it's supposed to (which is my favorite moment in the series. The music added a lot to the moment, but they changed it to Hazakura temple)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmehJ2p5iPs (From 58:20 onwards is supposed to be Elise's theme)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGl9HcgqOdA

But I understand if you don't change it because it's a little unreasonable to change every music track to what it originally was

Vicious Karma wrote:
~I already have a tool that can help me fix the animation problems as well. Might take a tad longer, but it can be done!

If you'd like to release the music fixes first, then release a fix for the animations later, I'm cool with that.

Quote:
If you'd like to release the music fixes first, then release a fix for the animations later, I'm cool with that.

Music fixes are on the way! Expect them to be 100% done in the next week.
You often meet your fate on the road you take to avoid it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Quick update:
~As a test, I've updated all of the music pertaining to Trials & Tribulations Case 1, and it works perfectly. The progress is real.

Having to create separate intro and loops for almost every track is a bit annoying, and I feel that it would take more time to rewrite the way sound data is pulled and looped, so looks like I have a long road ahead of me. If anyone wants to help with something either PM me or add me on Skype. Work is going to be brutal for the rest of this week, so I don't think I can stay up until 2am every night working on this, so I'm sorry if further updates are a little slow.
(Also, should I post future updates by editing the first post? I think that's how forum users do it, right?)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
EDIT: When I have the time (and figure out how), I'll upload a video of the T&T Case 1 gameplay.

UPDATE:

Okay, I am having the HARDEST FREAKING TIME figuring this out.
Can ANYONE tell me which track this is from? A timestamp would be much appreciated, too. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/61925082/bgm104.m4a

Thanks for all the help! I'll have another update out on the main post ASAP.

Vicious Karma wrote:
UPDATE:

Can ANYONE tell me which track this is from? A timestamp would be much appreciated, too. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/61925082/bgm104.m4a

I have the Gyakuten Saiban Sound Box on my hard drive, but I have to admit that I'm also puzzled by what track that is. Do you have any idea which game its from?

Also, another suggestion. Any chance of giving us iPhone 5/5S/iPod Touch 5G users widescreen support? Capcom says that its "Optimized for iPhone 5," but there are still black bars. So is it possible to re-size everything to give it widescreen support, or would it just look stretched?

Quote:
I have the Gyakuten Saiban Sound Box on my hard drive, but I have to admit that I'm also puzzled by what track that is. Do you have any idea which game its from?

I have no Clue. I also have Sound Box and I cannot figure out where it belongs. I'm thinking maybe a part of another bgmXXX.m4a used for a specific scene only. Guess I'll have to replay the whole game to find out? I honestly have no clue. This is good, though, for a reason I'll post shortly.

Quote:
Any chance of giving us iPhone 5/5S/iPod Touch 5G users widescreen support? Capcom says that its "Optimized for iPhone 5," but there are still black bars.So is it possible to re-size everything to give it widescreen support, or would it just look stretched?

Since I am an iPhone 4 user, I was not aware of the side-screen clipping. Is there any way you could send me a screenshot that way I know how the game is rendering it? Maybe I can whip up some widescreen support when I move on to Sprites and Backgrounds.

The "Pursuit ~ Cornered 2004" that plays at the end of Trials and Tribulations is not present in the game data. This is sort of bad. The way the app data was structured doesn't give me much room to add new files and it not look suspicious the iDevice.

This being said, there is a way around this. "bgm104.m4a" is a mystery to me. I can't figure out what track it's from or where in the AA games it's used. If anyone can figure this out for me, this would be awesome. However... This also presents to us a problem.

The way I'm getting around P~C 2004 not being in the game is by overwriting bgm104 with the track, and telling the game to pull that track when needed. But if it's actually being used somewhere, then this is impossible, and I'll have to work on the decryption of how the game loads its memory.

But all of this aside, expect to see an update to Justice for All within the next few days! Any help is also much appreciated. Just let me know! :redd:

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Vicious Karma wrote:
UPDATE:

I'm pretty sure that was used in the intro to 3-5. I might be mistaken. If all else fails, just rip the DS version of that track.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

He's right. The track plays at about 1:05 into the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRobqvBiijA

TheDoctor wrote:
He's right. The track plays at about 1:05 into the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRobqvBiijA

Holy crap. Good freaking job. You guys are awesome. I knew the CR community was good, but I didn't expect to find this out so quickly! :udgey:

Okay, so since that track is needed, I can't replace it. BUT! That is good. Now that I know what it is, I'll be able to update it. However, there isn't a GSBOX version available, and I'm not sure where I can find a rip that doesn't have the added sfx. If anyone can hook me up with some info, that'd be perfect.

Hard at work right now getting all the loops and intros done for JFA. About 50% done already, which is pretty surprising. Sleep is for the weak, right? I should have this done either by sometime this morning or tonight. If anyone wants me to go ahead and implement a patch for JFA alone, I can. Or I can wait until all of the music is done. Whichever works best is fine. Just let me know.
Re: AA Trilogy HD Fix (PATCH v1.0 RELEASED!)Topic%20Title

First patch is out, guys. Let me know if I'm missing anything, or what to fix.

Perhaps it's just me, but I... can't tell any difference with the music. It still sounds like the GBA version. I copied all the files from the patch zip file into the directory using iFunBox as stated in the instructions. Don't know what went wrong. :ron:

Oh, and this is what the game looks like running on an iPod Touch 5G. Notice the black borders.

I'm afraid there isn't much one can do about that. The game was designed with the ipad and iPhone's aspect ratio in mind. The only way to remove the black borders is to stretch the image or redesign the game from the ground up.

TopHatProfessor1014 wrote:
Perhaps it's just me, but I... can't tell any difference with the music. It still sounds like the GBA version. I copied all the files from the patch zip file into the directory using iFunBox as stated in the instructions. Don't know what went wrong.

Yeah, I dunno what's wrong, either. It works fine on my iPhone 4. What iOS are you using and is your device Jailbroken?

Also, about the black borders. I did do a little research, and I've come to the conclusion that it can't be fixed for the devices that have this problem.
Re: AA Trilogy HD Fix (PATCH 1.0.1)Topic%20Title

I've updated the patch to display a tiny Sax next to the HD icon at the main Title Screen. If you're not seeing this, then the patch was not successfully implemented, or the files were not copied correctly. This should let me know if you're having trouble with this patch. As always, feedback is much appreciated.

Spoiler:

Re: AA Trilogy HD Fix (PATCH 1.0.1)Topic%20Title

Might need help from people who are familiar with hacking games for future fixes.
Re: AA Trilogy HD (Patch 2.0 released!)Topic%20Title

Patch 2.0 is out! Feedback is great, since this seems to be dead already lol
Re: AA Trilogy HD Music Patch (2.1 + Android???)Topic%20Title

If you're wanting the Trilogy release on Android, look no further than the latest Update on the first post. News will be posted there, as always.

Ooh, a translation for Android sounds wonderful. Can't wait to see the result!

Take me back to Room 215!

I've never been able to get iFunBox to write files on an un-jailbroken device. Trying it again with this, it looks like it almost starts the transfer, but never actually follows through. Any thoughts/alternative software?

iOS 7 / iPhone 4S

Turnabout_Stud wrote:
I've never been able to get iFunBox to write files on an un-jailbroken device. Trying it again with this, it looks like it almost starts the transfer, but never actually follows through. Any thoughts/alternative software?

iOS 7 / iPhone 4S

I have the same problem. I ended up opening the IPA file in iTunes using 7zip, and adding the patch there, and then syncing it back to the iDevice using iTunes. It works. Although, my iDevice is jailbroken... it should work on non-jailbroken devices too, but I'm not entirely sure.

Guest wrote:
Turnabout_Stud wrote:

iOS 7 / iPhone 4S

I have the same problem. I ended up opening the IPA file in iTunes using 7zip, and adding the patch there, and then syncing it back to the iDevice using iTunes. It works. Although, my iDevice is jailbroken... it should work on non-jailbroken devices too, but I'm not entirely sure.

After much hassle, I've figured out that iOS 7 app data can't be overwritten through iFunBox. I'm really not sure why. Something to do on their end, and has nothing to do with your iPhone. I guess if you use iOS 7, then you'll have to jailbreak your phone.

On another note - my work has been incredibly annoying and busy lately and has almost put my personal life through a standstill. My girlfriend has been doing her best to work on the Android port while I've been busy. Hopefully after this quarter (mid Sept) I'll not be nearly as busy and be able to finish this project.

ANOTHER note - if I haven't already mentioned it - the Android patch will require a rooted device. Unless we have some epic C-R hackers that can help me out.

I applied 2.0 patch on Japanese version. Quality of musics is fine now. GS1 musics should be replaced with GS music box, I think, to standardize all musics to music box.

Selection of parts in each episodes, lacking of some musics (e.g. Pearly's theme, GS1 remix in GS3/TT) and some pictures (e.g. Franziska or Gumshoe bring evidence into court) are same as Japanese Gyakuten Saiban trilogy named "Gyakuten Saiban: Naruhodo-Set" and old individual releases for garakei (short for Garapagosu-keitai, lit. "Galapagos phone", means "feature phone" in Japan).

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Will the patch work on this iDevice without jailbreaking:

iPad 1, iOS 5

Screw it, the patch worked.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

I just found out why they didn't use the Sound Box music for the iOS port:

-Capcom was lazy and decided to use the music from the released soundtrack instead of the in-game music files. Also, the Sound Box wasn't released until a day AFTER the Japanese version of the iOS release.

Any update on Patch 2.1?
Not bothered about the Android version but would like for the 2.1 changes such as Edgeworth's music being used in T&T.
Re: AA Trilogy HD Music Patch (2.0) (In Progress)Topic%20Title

Let's get this going again... while I have the time. Again - any help is greatly appreciated.

I found bgm074lp.m4a and bgm075lp.m4a are same.

also found Japanese app "Gyakuten Yoshida" (collaboration with Japanese flash animation "Takanotsume-dan") uses old GBA musics from JFA / TT.
CAPCOM must be lazy or something...

OBJECKLE

So I took the liberty of converting GS1's DS Quality to Sound box quality since OP is inactive. It was really quite easy to do , you see the original files tell you exactly what to do: places to trim, and the end result is a perfect loop.

Here it is - https://www.sendspace.com/file/m845zd

Note: I didn't reduce the sound, so It'll be quite loud

I assume you know how to install this?

Also I reuploaded the music patch, since the link is dead.

MUSIC PATCH - https://www.sendspace.com/file/5ku7pw

Sorry for posting in old thread, but can anyone reupload music patch? All links are dead.
Page 1 of 1 [ 37 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Games