Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 1 of 1[ 9 posts ]

AJ: Hallowed Be Thy Turnabout [It's dead.]Topic%20Title

Nowaynowaynoway!

Here goes nothing...
Hey there. For a few months now, I've been toying with the idea of making a fancase. Eventually, the plot started forming itself in my head, and before I knew it, I started collecting music tracks, brainstorming characters, thinking of contradictions and beginning a full-scale script. It was initially meant to be a private thing amongst me and the (admittedly few) AA fans amongst my friends. Unfortunately, my ambition was a tad too much, and so I came to the realisation that I'd need to overcome my fear of posting here, stop my lurking, and post the damn thread to try and drum up attention and support. So here we are. Let's hope it works, eh?

CONTEXT: The case takes place two months after Turnabout Succession. Apollo has not had a case since, and Phoenix is away on business. All in all, things are pretty low at the Wright Anything Agency, until Apollo receives a request that throws him back into gear...

"When a murder takes place at the funeral of the late mayor, funeral director and war veteran Emilio Balmer is arrested. A trained sniper, it seems as though he could be the only culprit, yet he desperately clings to his innocence. Apollo takes his case, and though the circumstances are dire, the odds are tilted even further against him when a certain piece of game-changing evidence reveals itself. Suddenly, Apollo finds himself thrust into a labyrinthine case; a case of blackmail, military scandal and, of course, murder."

That's the gist of it. I suppose I should move onto the specifics now, right? Is that how this works? Okay then.

Spoiler: THE MAIN CAST
Name: Apollo Justice
About: You don't really need me to explain who Apollo is, do you? C'mon! Phoenix's protegee, blah blah blah; easily flustered, blah blah blah; forehead, yadda yadda yadda; perceive... You get the idea.

Name: Trucy Wright
About: Phoenix Wright's daughter, and an aspiring (and talented!) magician. She serves as Apollo's co-counsel, as always.

Name: Klavier Gavin
About: Achtung, baby! Apollo's rival is back in the courtroom for one more jam, and despite the rough lot that he got in AJ:AA, he remains pretty much the same carefree individual that he's always been. However, he knows when it's time to get serious, and this case is one of those times.

Name: Dick Gumshoe
About: The new chief detective! Yup, it turns out that his time catching dangerous criminals with Miles Edgeworth finally gained him some respect in the precinct. His newfound competence has finally taken him to the top of his division. He can even afford a new coat! Still as goofy as ever, though. Some folks just don't change.

Of course, we shouldn't forget the newcomers either. Here are the ones to look out for.

Spoiler: NEW CHARACTERS
Name: Emilio Balmer
About: The defendant. A huge, muscle-bound war veteran-turned-funeral director. He's a trained sniper, and also happens to be cripplingly shy and paranoid. Couldn't hurt a fly, really.

Name: Valerie Cowan
About: The victim. A former army commander. She was shot by a sniper at her husband's funeral, but why?

Name: Nora Cowan
About: Spunky and approachable, the victim's daughter always puts on a brave face when facing adversity. Deep inside, though, the recent loss of both her parents has damaged her. Her facade hides great anger, and a lust for justice.

Name: Callum Allen
About: A charismatic (albeit fairly rude) doctor. The mayor's closest friend prior to his death.

Name: Minnie Stirling
About: The pastor leading the funeral processions. Very much a flirt, much to the dismay of practically every male in her general vicinity. Loves candy above all else.

Name: Carla Young
About: Emilio Balmer's personal psychiatrist, who has been helping him through his troubles over the past few years. Owns eight cats, and talks an awful lot about absolutely nothing. She's well intentioned, at least.

Well, that should be about it. I haven't made much in the way of progress, in the long-run because hey, I'm just one dude trying to learn to sprite, use PyWright and all manner of other stuff at the same time. Still, here's a progress report, I suppose.

PLANNING: 90%
EVIDENCE: 95%
SCRIPT (Written): ??% - Only a few pages so far, so not much, though I should pick up the pace soon enough. Summer, yay!
SCRIPT (PyWright): 1% - I have all the "Check" options nailed. I am not good at PyWright.
BACKGROUNDS: 90% - Though the ones I do have really could do with tidying up.
SPRITES: 1% - I'm perhaps the worst artist this side of kindergarten. One character's sprites are mostly done but that required minimal effort.
MUSIC: 99% - It mostly comes from the GK2 soundtrack, with some tracks pulled from AJ:AA where necessary. Character themes have been taken care of, though the (currently nonexistent) intro cutscene needs suitable music.

And... That's it, right? I think that's it. Hopefully I managed to catch at least someone's interest and won't go running out of here in shame or anything like that. You people seem pretty nice and I've seen for myself that you get stuff done, so with any hope some kind soul will be willing to chip in and help out with my little brainchild.

If you're still reading at this point, I guess I should say - thanks in advance!

Last edited by PiGreat on Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Re: Apollo Justice: Hallowed Be Thy Turnabout [PyWright]Topic%20Title

Like I said before I'm willing to help out wherever possible as long as I have time.

Although, I've been spending a lot of time actually *playing* fangames, I don't really have an excuse when it comes to being busy...

Sounds interesting! I don't think I can help with anything,but if you need spriters you probably should go to the request thread.
Signature loading, please wait...

Mia Payne

Just a tip, I would save sprites for last, get the actual case done before you start to work on the characters, if need be, just use stock sprites to test

Nowaynowaynoway!

Will do, thanks!
Thanks for the feedback so far, by the way.

EDIT: I'm free for the summer now, so I can finally start putting some back into this. Time to get it off the ground, I suppose.
Re: AJ: Hallowed Be Thy Turnabout [Time for scripting!]Topic%20Title

Nowaynowaynoway!

Well. I lost all of my progress due to the sudden and untimely death of my laptop. I got a new one today, however, and I've been brainstorming a new project in recent days, so I suppose we can consider Hallowed to be dead and buried as a failed first attempt.

I guess this can be locked and whatever, now. RIP.
Re: AJ: Hallowed Be Thy Turnabout [It's dead.]Topic%20Title

This is why backing stuff up on Dropbox/OneDrive/iCloud/Whatever is a good idea

Really? that's sad to hear. this seemed like a good project.But why do you just give up on it? Did you have made too much progress to start everything again?
Signature loading, please wait...

Nowaynowaynoway!

Yeah, basically. That said, I had a backup project in the works before everything fell apart so I'll begin work on that on a new, less terrible laptop. It'll be a full 5-case fangame. Once I've made enough progress on Case 1, it'll probably have a thread up.

In short: Many apologies if you were looking forward to this, but with any luck Phoenix Wright: Court and Condemnation* will make up for it. Sorry for any inconvenience. I'll be more careful next time for sure.

*Name is a placeholder. For now.
Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Games