Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 1 of 1[ 27 posts ]

[DELETED]Topic%20Title

Everyone's favourite culprit!

Location: A room with only one door and one window. Both are currently locked.

[Cringeworthy, shameful past deleted!]

Last edited by enigma on Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:05 am, edited 6 times in total.
Re: Puzzles Enigma:Crossover Attorney-VA's neededTopic%20Title

Very interesting! You incorporate standard AA elements with Layton elements! This should be good... I suggest that you put up the screenshots from the AA thread here (it helps catching interest). :hobohodo:
That one guy from AAO that made about a dozen cases that all kinda go off the deep end and fall apart at one point or another.

Hey, I'm interested in voice acting. I just need to PM you the voice clips? (I won't be able to do it for a while, though, considering the computer I'm on.)

Okay here's some of the development (meaning that there teasers to give people an idea of what we mean) screenshots:
Spoiler:

And just for you, A picture of le banana puzzle: :flowsers:
Spoiler:

Also, it's okay to send it to me when you get better internet/ a computer because my sprite team still has a lot to do.
Spoiler:
A certain someone from Conan will appear in the first one. Please don't tell anyone from AAO.

Livin' joke.

Looks like an interesting project, indeed.
My Court Records Family?

My Court Records brother is Apollo72 , and my dear mother and father are yuzikichan0 and Inquisitor Amakiir !

Thanks for the banner, Polly!

If you are the real Hahaha you would know. :larry:

Livin' joke.

...Oh, hi there, Enigma. Didn't think I'd see you here. How're you doing?
My Court Records Family?

My Court Records brother is Apollo72 , and my dear mother and father are yuzikichan0 and Inquisitor Amakiir !

Pretty good. I'm still a little upset that you left AAO and PE:CA as you're one of my favorite spriters and background developers. *Sigh* Why did you leave anyway?

Livin' joke.

I'll just quote what I said to Tap when he asked me.

Quote:
...Well, this is more of a personal matter here.

As you may know, I have slight spriting skills, and as such, I opened a sprite topic here. And, I allowed requests.

However, over the time, my request list kept growing... and I have been procastinating, letting those requests to the side. And, as the days amounted, and formed into weeks, I only then started to realize how much have I screwed up.

Gumpei- A Pack of Backgrounds (although, that was some time ago).
E.D. Revolution- A couple of important requests for his/her project.
Enigma- Sprites for his game, to whom which I am the Art Team head of, to worsen matters.
SeptimusHeap- Sprites for a witness in his game.
Ping'- He put me on charge of making most, if not all, character sprites of his project, "The Black Turnabout". And I promised I'd stop procastinating, but I still haven't made any progress.

All of these people placed their trust on me. And I shattered their expectations. Hard.

Now, you may think I'm throwing a small fit over nothing, but I think that my actions are unforgivable. To break a promise, undeniable.

And that's why I don't think I deserve to be a part of such a warm, friendly community. Not when I made such major screw-ups with so many well-intentioned members.

I'm thinking of coming back, but I'm not sure... :p
My Court Records Family?

Just to remind everyone of the not-deadness of this project, a little update:
Case 1: Script Complete, 2/3 non-AA characters finished! :edgy:
However, the team is still accepting new people and Case 2 requires VA's. Pm me if you want more details. :phoenix:

I sent ya a voice clip of the antagonist. (Not sure if it's what you're looking for, but w/e...)
That one guy from AAO that made about a dozen cases that all kinda go off the deep end and fall apart at one point or another.

Case 1 isn't ready just yet (TBA Oct 2011) but here's some case art to get some haipe!

Looks good.

Thought, might I suggest you clean up the first post a bit? Add the boxart, all the screenshots and this case art. It says to the people: I've got it. (Kind of like your AAO thread)

All updated, Cap'n. Feast your eyes on my new first post! :edgy:

WOOHOO!!! October the 12th is the official release date!!! Puzzles Enigma is coming!

CASE 1 IS OUT NOW!!!
http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/jeu.php?id_proces=29557
Re: Puzzles Enigma:Crossover Attorney-Case 1 releasedTopic%20Title

Nice concept so far. I started playing and other than a few little spelling and punctuation issues, the game seemed pretty fairly constructed.

There's a glitch though.

Spoiler:
During the part where Kaitou Kid explains the "truth" (after catching him lying about the conversation) I went ahead and pressed him about everything and pretending everything was important to the testimony. But right now, it's telling me "The End" and I can't get out of it.

Soooooo could you fix that?

EDIT:

Spoiler:
To be specific, if you press the statement where Kaitou Kid says he's on the hill, and it asks whether it's important or not, either answer brings you to "The End" screen. Fix that, please. Thanks.

All fixed. I hope you enjoy the game. :edgy:

Oh, so I finished the case. Again, perhaps you could polish it up a little bit, such as the dialogue mistakes, refining the way the sprites and backgrounds work since I noticed some of those were off-sync, and probably fix that glitch I mentioned. Beta testers are very useful, even if you don't want to reveal anything to anyone until it's finished.

Overall, the case idea itself was pretty nice. It felt like a different game altogether, which is something I didn't expect; it was a mixture of a very, VERY precise Ace Attorney (as in you need to pay close attention and know exactly which part of what evidence to use), the Logic sections from AAI, and the occasional puzzle from the Layton series. I expected a simple mixture of them (which I wouldn't have minded, either), but not much depth after that. This very case proved me wrong. The style seems very unique, and it showed me that AAO is capable of doing much more than what I've played on it.

Anything else wrong with it? Eh, I guess you could perfect the puzzle side of it a little more. Just a tip that if you want to use old characters, make sure their dialogue shows the same personality from the games. I noticed this was a small problem in Edgeworth (no details, since I can't find anything, but the general vibe I got from your interpretation of Edgeworth seemed...weird), but Puzzles is definitely developing some personality

I can't wait for the next case. Keep on trucking. (I'm also waiting for DudeWithAMask's review since he SHOULD play this. His reviews are always better than everyone else's.)

Quote:
(I'm also waiting for DudeWithAMask's review since he SHOULD play this. His reviews are always better than everyone else's.)

I think I can die a happy man now.... Fine, I'll review it. Just give me some time to play through this....

By the way, I reviewed one game so far, I think.

I'm sure I counted three. Maybe not full reviews, per se, but certainly you criticized about three of them.

Well, alright, I finally got around to playing this, and while I'm 90% that what I played was the work-in-progress revamp that you announced on AAO, I did my review, nevertheless. But, before I even actually started it, I found out that E.D.Revolution beat me to it. While I don't agree with all he said, he pretty much summed up everything I could ever say. BUT - here's the review, anyway:

Spoiler: Puzzle's Enigma - Case 1 Review
[Prologue]
- I think you used the wrong sound effect on the "DEATH!" part.
- While I'm pretty sure the prologue isn't really connected to the crime I don't mind it. As long as the case is connected to what's to come and has some connection to the future plot, it's not really a bad thing.

[Lobby Prelude]
- What? No character intro? Also, correct me if I'm mistaken, but isn't this Puzzle's first case? If so, how can he call on that "gulliable judges"?
- GYAAAAARH!!! I-It's Edgeworth!! ...Way to pop out of nowhere...
- Whoa, calm down, Puzzles. Geez, you a fanboi or something?
- By the way, I'm assuming that Phoenix is Puzzle's mentor, right? While it's easy to understand; it's not... clear enough. It's just thrown in there.
- Also, Edgeworth's appearance seems kind of.... random-ish. I don't know, the reason he's here is... not really explained.
- HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! ...I don't get it.
- Way to be harsh.
- ....Way to be a douchebag, too.
- Seriously? You're just going to go from a confident dick to a guy scared of Edgeworth? Something... just doesn't fit.
- Why not just put a bench in front of Larry? It's a still sprite, after all, no talking, so you actually don't even need him to blink. BTW, AA flashbacks are gray (exception being 3-4).
- Edgey, no! Don't be emo! ...By the way, why are you emo?
- Edgeworth doesn't hate Larry. Why must you point it out, then?
- I'm really not understanding Puzzle's personality here....
- By the way, I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE CRIME. The point of the 1st case lobby sequences is to get introduced to the characters, get info on the crime and THEN ENTER. So far, not even the characters have been introduced properly!
- Also, is it just me, or is Gummy just thrown in there at random? O_o

[Trial Former]
- I, er, think you forgot to put the judge in that court overview frame.
- He... kind of noticed Edgeworth pretty fast, didn't he?
- D to the I to the C to the K!
- OH COME ON! You know, I wouldn't have a problem with this so much if you explained WHY he's a douchebag. ...Wait a minute! We never actually found out anything about Puzzles, did we now?
- He never said he wasn't prepared. ...Or did he? I'm not sure....
- The day Edgewoth would say 'grumpiness' is the day the world ends. ...Oh, Christ. *Suddenly dies*
- The Judge REALLY wants to find Gumshoe guilty, doesn't he?
- 'Super' ready, eh? .... Well, SURE!
- Why is 'Zero' capitalized? Also, how is this relevant? Also, can the prosecution really do this? Just pop out, stop the proceedings and say: 'Let meh ask youz a puzzle!' Also,....
- 'Fateful day', eh? While it does offer an explanation... when we know nothing about the main character.... this is really the best we'll get, isn't it?
- Also, what kind of change can cause a man to stop time every time he hears a puzzle? Just asking.
- Worst. Defense. Ever.
- Oh, hey, it's.... Who is that? (I should really watch some more anime, shouldn't I?
- So this is the 'crossover'? Well, I'm curious to see just how much of a relevance is he...
- The judge just turns a blind eye to all the insults and just skips to the testimony? Why, of course!
- Do you have super-hearing powers, or something? I mean -- think about it! If he was just 'walking home' it wouldn't be through a coliseum! Following that logic, how could he have heard two people talking in a SMALL PART OF IT?! ...We should REALLY get a floorplan. I don't care if it's used or not, just to find out WHERE he was standing would be a purpose enough.
- Oh, yet again, the Judge just IGNORES the fact that the witness left a man TO DIE. Great judgin' there, buddy!
- The background doesn't change when Edgey comes up. Or wait... DID HE CHANGE SIDES?! TRAITOR!
- There's not C-E 'Whoooosh' sound effect.
- 'A bluff' isn't really a good choice of words because this IS a fair contradiction. Also, I think you're pulling out the 'Suspense' music a bit too soon.
- How do you miss a man at point-blank range?
- Again, no Edgey BG.
- NOW you point it out?
- There's no need for that 'Stay focused, Enigma' remark.
- Also, there's no need for the life bar to be flashing.
- The music suddenly stops after I get to the helper convo and then never resumes.
- Calm down, Payne, jeez. He's losing his cool a bit too fast, in my opinion. After all, Puzzles didn't even explain the contradiction. Also, I'm starting to think the word 'bluff' isn't used correctly in this kind of situation.
- Why do I have to explain something I already figured out already?
- ...But if the first gunshot was fired by someone else, your entire case falls apart, dumbass. After all BOTH SHOTS WERE FIRED FROM GUMSHOE'S GUN!
- I think Spark is... introduced kind of randomly.
- How did we go from 'Detective Gumshoe' and 'pulled the trigger again' to something off about him?
- Why is Edgeworth shocked!? This is good for him!

[Lobby Interlude]
- "I still don't really know anything about the case!" -> You and me both, Enigma. Also, is it just me, or is he stopped being a douche?
- ...I spoke too soon, it seems.
- I forgot to mention this, but why is Gummy in his old coat?
- 'Perpertrait'? The fudge?
- Alright, his personallity is now REALLY inconsistent.

[Trial Latter]
- Yay! Kid! Wait... why is everyone excited? I thought only teen girls were after Kid?
- Oldbag is... kind of random, don't you think. Also, if it's Kid in disguise, it's not really pulled off well.
- That's... just random.
- Why isn't Kid escaping?! What is wrong with you?! GO GO! I've got the truck set up and... You're not coming, are you?
- The Conan refrence is... not really pulled off well. It's also just a bit cheesy. Also, what is his connection to Phoenix, anyway?
- Did I just hear a 'Take That' somewhere?
- OH COME ON! How did you NOT notice that?! Kid is in the defense's chair for crying out loud!
- The objection isn't epic enough, to be honest.
- Why is the life bar still flashing?
- 'Really?Would'... Must I go on?
- Well, actually I'm not surprised that he got away clean.
- This present is... right? Seriously?
- Y'know, if I had a FLOORPLAN, than this entire contradiction could've been clearer! ...But I'm glad that Kid at least has a brain. By the way, am I the only one afraid that Kid is the actual culprit?
- Puzzle's background is wrong when presenting the evidence thingy.
- Yet again, the life bar doesn't stop flashing.
- But both bullets were fired from THE SAME GUN! This... this makes no sense!
- Kaito Kid is also not a murderer! He would escape before he would strike back! He would've knocked him out or something!

[Epilogue]
- The blue text is missing the '()'
- The nametag should be 'Phoenix' not 'Wright'

As you might imagine, I didn't like it. The crime wasn't explained very well, it was not interesting, and I wasn't really intrigued for it. The cameos were forced on and weren't actually connected. Kaito's breakdown was sloppy, it was wrong, most of all (because Kaito Kid is a thief, not a killer). His personality is also a bit off. Now, I have no idea who this other guy so I can't comment. Another thing I forgot to mention, the puzzle was thrown in to show off, obviously, simply because it never actually made sense in the context. Who is Spark? We were never properly introduced to him, and most likely never will be.

Now, finally - Puzzles. I'm going to be honest: I have nothing against the fact that he's a dick. It's fun, it's creative, it's interesting - BUT! Here's the problem: You didn't do it right. I'm going to make small comparison to House here. He's a likeable character. Why? Because he's a 'dick' in a form that he makes fun of people's senseless actions and (to him) stupid ways of thinking. He exploits that to break them down. Puzzles, on the other hand, just plain out insults Gumshoe for no reason, but DOESN'T do it to anyone else. Wouldn't it make more sense if he was a dick to Payne? Wouldn't that be somewhat interesting to see? I don't know, I think I'm digging to deep here.
By the way, his past was never explained. I only mention this now, because I have a feeling you're going to explain it later on in the series.

The only saving graces here are the music and the sprites. But that's as far as it goes.

Overall:
------------------------
[3/10] [Not Recommended]

Yesterday's Tomorrow

Actually, this trial is currently down for a revamp. (Which I am a part of.) The revamp is only about halfway done as of today.
It seems Enigma's forgotten to take down the link on the first page. *hint hint*

I imagined as much. But, still, I'm also pretty sure some of the things I mentioned in my review can apply to this revamp as well.

sorry, Forgot to remove the URL.

Case 1 is now revamped and re-released.
http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/jeu.php?id_proces=29557
Re: [DELETED]Topic%20Title

um...hi your honour?

The first puzzel is WRONG!! The answer is really 214 but it keeps saying I'm Wrong. what the fuck!!!??? :tigre: :tigre: :grey: :meekins: :payne: :larry: :edgeworth:
Page 1 of 1 [ 27 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Games