Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 1 of 2[ 71 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Hexepta: Mayor Attack (Done)Topic%20Title

Play with the PyWright version packaged with the downloads; some modifications have been made to it
Comes to about 15 hours of gameplay.
If you want to skip to the end of the game, click here to download just the final chapter.

This is a fangame of Hexepta: Logic Hack and Acquittal: Induction; it is not associated in any way with Ash-Zero Games or Procella Games.

After a young law student named Argus Hakan ends up defending in a trial on his mentor's behalf, he is thrust into a series of cases the following week, all involving various crimes that seem to target the mayor. Argus can solve these cases as they come, but there is clearly something more going on behind the scenes.

This game has six cases in it's main storyline, as well as two short side stories:
Case 1: The Hacked Turnabout
Case 2: Turnabout on the Road
Case 3: Turnabout in Flames
Case 4: Turnabout Apprentice
Case 5: The Stolen Turnabout
Case 6: The Sculpted Turnabout
Extra 1: Argus Hakan: Asinine Attorney
Extra 2: Storm Sente: Asinine Attorney

Walkthroughs can be found in the game's folder.
Image Image Image Image

Last edited by Ana R. on Sun May 14, 2023 2:04 pm, edited 289 times in total.
Re: Hexepta: Mayor Attack (The Hexepta Fangame)Topic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

Your detective Camille looks familiar. Was he one of Ceres sprites?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Pierre wrote:
Your detective Camille looks familiar. Was he one of Ceres sprites?

He was.
Image Image Image Image

um...hi your honour?

argus hakan is a bae.
him being a useless human being turns me on and i agree that he is Jesus which makes him better than Storm Sente because fuck you it's argus hakan.
like and share for truth.

0 / 10 stole music from DGS2 :beef:

ParadoxFish wrote:
0 / 10 stole music from DGS2 :beef:

Actually I was Mr. Mystery the whole time
Image Image Image Image

Last edited by Ana R. on Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mia Payne

The absolute madman actually went through with it.

Happy Maria

What is this weeb shit Stolen Turnabout is 3-2 you 0/0 which makes this project undefined

Southern Corn wrote:
What is this weeb shit Stolen Turnabout is 3-2 you 0/0 which makes this project undefined

Yea, I stole the name though thinking about it now I actually should probably like rename it to something else...
Image Image Image Image

Last edited by Ana R. on Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Hexepta: Mayor Attack (A Hexepta Fangame) (2 cases releaTopic%20Title

Hello, update, you can now play the first two cases in AAO.
http://www.aaonline.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=12219

idk how up to date this version will be but I'll keep it as a small side project I guess, depending on how many people use it.
Image Image Image Image

Mia Payne

This was a turn of events I did not hex-pect.

I'm not sorry

You could say you did not hExp-ect it (discord joke lol)
Image Image Image Image

Mia Payne

ArrowLawn wrote:
You could say you did not hExp-ect it (discord joke lol)

I know, I'm there in the discord in secret (but don't tell anyone lel). :yogi:

Case 3 when, I need my Hakan

I suppose now would be the time to say the writing of case 3 has begun, just focusing on the first couple of scenes for now but I suppose I can reveal the new characters who appear!

Spoiler: Case 3 Cast
Butler
The butler who has been serving the Timm family since he was young. He shows much dedication to us job.

Warren Gesst
An old man who was invited to the Mayor's estate, like Argus. He's a war veteran.

Honor Gesst
Another guest invited by the Mayor.

Cooke Err
The Mayor's cook. She's accused of starting the fire, but the Mayor has his doubts.

Image Image Image Image

It has been a while since the last update but here I am to give one. So progress on case 3 has been very slow so far but I have made some progress now, and now I can say there is one last character to reveal for case 3. He is a very important character who I originally planned to introduce in a later case, but further planning doesn't quite demand but strongly recommends I introduce him now, early in case 3, rather than later.

He is...

Spoiler: Character Reveal

The Adrenaline Man, Storm Sente, who is using vacation time to visit his best friend in the US, Argus!

I hope this makes up for my deafening silence the past couple of weeks! I can assure you this will be complete, especially now that I have a clearer idea of what the solution for this case will be!
Image Image Image Image

um...hi your honour?

THE TRUE SEXY MAN HAS APPEARED!!!
Is storm the true protagonist of hextepia?
find out next time on dragon ball ace turnabout hex of induction

HeroMan66475 wrote:
THE TRUE SEXY MAN HAS APPEARED!!!
Is storm the true protagonist of hextepia?
find out next time on dragon ball ace turnabout hex of induction

This time on dragon ball ace turnabout hex of induction:

No, lel.
Image Image Image Image

um...hi your honour?

imao :sadshoe:

Hello, it has been a few weeks since the last update to this, but progress on case 3 has been relatively fast the last couple of days. The case has been fully planned out, the introductory chapter is done and I'm now working on the investigation. So far I'm about 2000 frames in (yeah this is unexpectedly long so far.) If you are curious as to how the case is progressing, I have added a section near the top of the first post showing percentages and stuff, as well as the AAO frame count. I'll keep that updated as much as possible!
Spoiler: Current Progress on Case 3
Planning: 100%
Investigation Scripting: 60-70%
Trial Scripting: 0%
AAO frame count: 2095
PyWright progress: 5%
Assets: 95%
Fixed Assets: 40% depreciation on buildings, trees and furniture

The development of this case is also a bit different from that of the previous two, as I'm writing the case in AAO, and have barely touched the PyWright version. Of course, the PyWright one will be finished and released alongside the AAO one, though I may consider releasing the investigation early, then do the trial separately -- this is pretty long, as I said.

My estimate for the final frame count used to be about 2500-3000 but now it's looking to be at least 4000, maybe 4500. I should reconsider the pacing of the case, tbh.

Anyway now for the best part. The screenshots. Here are four moments taken from the early scenes of Turnabout in Flames!
Spoiler: Turnabout in Flames Screenshots
ImageImageImageImage
(Screenshots taken in AAO)

Image Image Image Image

manifesting ciconia phase 2

Aw swet can't wait for my dude Storm
Re: Hexepta: Mayor Attack (CASE 3 RELEASE ON AAO)Topic%20Title

CASE 3 RELEASED ON AAO!

This case continues the evening after the second one. Argus Hakan is invited to the mayor's house for a dinner party when, out of nowhere, the house catches fire. Now Argus, with help from Storm Sente and Vick Timm, must defend the cook, Cooke Err, from the grave charges of arson. Can he see through the villain's devious scheme and bring the truth to light?

Spoiler: Screenshots
ImageImage
ImageImage

PyWright version coming soon of course.
Image Image Image Image
Re: Hexepta: Mayor Attack (CASE 3 RELEASE ON AAO)Topic%20Title

Mia Payne

As said on AAO:

I CANT WAIT TO HEXEPTA SOME MAYOR ATTACKS
Re: Hexepta: Mayor Attack (CASE 3 COMPLETE)Topic%20Title

CASE 3 COMPLETE AND RELEASED ON PYWRIGHT!

Okay now I never want to touch PyWright ever again but the game must go on! Good thing the next case is something very different!

Anyway, yes, the case is now complete. This one is like triple the length of case 2 so I hope that's enough content after the 1-2 month long development. Screenshots can be seen at the bottom of the main post. Let me know if you run into any bugs I may have missed while playtesting, but I'm sure enough that I've removed most of them.

I've also made a few changes to the previous two cases, here's some notes:

Spoiler: Change log
- The screen now shakes when interjections appear.
- Improved Payne's breakdown. By like, a lot. He doesn't just fall to the floor now.
- Added a s e c r e t scene in Case 2. In fact it's so secret that you can't access it by normal means. Will you be able to find it I wonder?
- Updated the case screens. Pretty sure they're an improvement.
- A description of what you need to do now shows up whenever Argus has to present evidence. This makes up for the fact that PyWright removes the textbox on these present prompts. Could make the textboxes as fgs like in Contempt of the Court but that would be very difficult.
- The screen fades more, notably while moving from place to place in investigations. This change was also made to the AAO version.
- Fixed a bug in the super presents that I somehow never noticed.
- Added a couple of flashes.

Spoiler: Case 2 Spoilers
- The four builders now hang around in the background throughout the 5 minute long confrontation. They also disappear one-by-one as Bob is about to breakdown.

Image Image Image Image

Last edited by Ana R. on Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mia Payne

Is the download in the OP old? It doesn't have case 3

Now that is a game-breaking bug. Seems I uploaded it under the wrong name.
It's been fixed.
Image Image Image Image

Got a very asinine update ready for the AAO version, as I've announced and released Storm Sente: Asinine Attorney. It's a short case as you may expect, and it's got a lot of Acquittal references, so if you liked that game I'd recommend trying this case.
Play it!

The PyWright version will be released alongside Case 4. Argus Hakan: Asinine Attorney will also be happening, but it's set after the final case. It wouldn't be spoilery at all but y'know.
These are all canon btw.
Image Image Image Image

um...hi your honour?

Hooray! Acquittal has been given a sweet justice for all.
now all I need to do is learn to stream.

Okay hello I am afraid to tell you that what I have imagined for case 4 is never going to happen.

So that idea is scrapped in favor of a new idea, one that fits with the game better. I still have to actually plan out the crime but here's a summary of Old!Stolen.

Spoiler: Old Case 4
The original idea had no particular crime, you were just solving puzzles in search of Killian.

Act 1: Welcome to Bell Island
The first part was just Argus running around the island. The idea was to have him join a school so he could get help getting into a forest. To do this, he needed money, as well as a group of friends to go on the tour. There were three boys, The Lads, willing to go if he did something for them.
Fortunately, there was this "Spatula of Fortune" game at the gambling club, run by Benjamin Mendax (the spatula man from Acquittal.) Argus would abuse the obviously rigged game to win his money. To do this, he would go back to Camille's ship and take a compass from it - but to do this, he would need a knife to open a crate.
Fortunately, one of The Lads at the school had an uncle arrested for murder recently, so Argus would sneak into the police department and steal the murder weapon from the evidence room.
To distract the police, he'd use a wind-up toy in the nearby toy store to "shoplift" it. The owner would raise the alarm, the single policeman there would come to the store to investigate,
Argus would sneak in. The mastermind!
Once he got into the forest, he'd go through the Lost Woods until he found a haunted house he'd heard to be associated with Killian. This chapter was pretty much the result of me having just finished replaying the entire Monkey Island series (Escape can kill itself lel).

Act 2: The Locked-Off Goal
The owner of the house, _____ Tour would then send Argus around the house because the place was being haunted. She gave him a list of mysterious activities that had been happening and Argus would have to replicate each of them to show that they may not necessarily be the result of paranormal activity. While he's doing this, he'd find a locked door that, when looking through the keyhole, he'd find a dead body inside - one that's wearing a medal. Once he completed his task, he'd have full access to the entire house as a reward. He'd then unlock the door, and go to get the body. Before he can get it, though, a ghost comes and takes it from him - the ghost of Killian, who is the house owner's brother. The ghost vanishes, then Camille bursts into the house with a bunch of policemen. He's surprised to see Argus, obviously, but he's unable to do anything as the Bell policemen suddenly arrest him.This part was inspired by that one chapter of Layton's Mystery Journey - I wasn't particularly happy with that case's solution despite having a good setup.

Act 3: ARGUS HAKAN ESCAPS FROM PRISOOOOOOON!
If it's not obvious by the name, this part was inspired by Damon Gant Escaps From Prison. Argus is taken to Bell Court where Miles Edgeworth shows up as the prosecutor. It turns out Argus isn't actually accused of killing Killian - actually, the police came after him in the first place because of his illegal gambling in part 1. However, it's not long before the charges get more serious - when they searched his pockets after arresting him, they find the knife he stole from the police department. Because of this, Argus is charged with the murder and thrown in prison. From there, he has to escape using only some random shit he finds in the walls of his cell, the storage room, the cafeteria, and cryptic advice from his cell neighbor, Damon Gant.

Act 4: IDK never named it
Argus escapes from prison by night time, coming out into the forest. He notices something strange at the top of the island's bell tower and heads there. He rings the bell and there's Killian inside it, waiting for him. Argus manages to get past him, though, and escapes the tower. He then runs to the nearest building he can find before the ghost can murder him. He gets cornered, but turns on the light to reveal that they're actually in the courtroom, and everyone's still there. This stresses Killian out because, according to a book Argus uses for one of the parts in Act 2, this kind of attention is pretty unhealthy for ghosts. In fact there's so many people there that Killian vanishes, leaving the medal behind. Argus recovers it, Camille shows up and clears his name of the murder, they set sail for home.
...yeah it becomes a mess at the end, lol.

So here's some things to note about the new idea:

Spoiler: New Case
-There's now an actual crime being focused on. Argus will need to figure this crime out if he's going to get the medal back.
-Camille is actually in this case doing stuff now.
-There's no trial, it's all investigation.
-There's no escapping from prison or ghost hunts or anything like that. Shame. Maybe I'll do the old idea some other time.
-There should be major characters now, the suspects for the crime.

Image Image Image Image

manifesting ciconia phase 2

A question, where'd you get your Acquittal sprites from? Did you rip them yourself or were they in the demo files?

Double KO wrote:
A question, where'd you get your Acquittal sprites from? Did you rip them yourself or were they in the demo files?

I took them directly from the game's files. Was pretty easy, too.
Image Image Image Image
Re: Hexepta Mayor Attack (Case 4 in progress)Topic%20Title

The planning of case 4 is complete, probably. At least, I think the crime I've come up with works out without contradicting anything... but who could honestly say for sure.

So yeah get hype for The Stolen Turnabout some time in the future, hopefully soon.

(also i updated the case's synopsis in the OP if you want to see what it's like now.)

I should also note that the next update, featuring this case, will also include the PyWright version of Storm Sente: Asinine Attorney. Heromen rejoice.
Image Image Image Image
Re: Hexepta: Mayor Attack (Case 4 in progress)Topic%20Title

Update: The country's in a panic and have called for all schools to be closed for the week because there's a slight change in the weather, so that's given me plenty of time to work on this thing.

Here's a screenshot of something for hype.
Spoiler: Case 4
Could this be right, or is Argus on his way to a Brain Penalty?

I'll update the OP with character profiles soon. I still need to think up a first name for one of the characters though so please give me the sufficient time of 100 years to decide on that first.
Image Image Image Image

Mia Payne

ArrowLawn wrote:
Update: The country's in a panic and have called for all schools to be closed for the week because there's a slight change in the weather, so that's given me plenty of time to work on this thing.

Here's a screenshot of something for hype.
Spoiler: Case 4
Could this be right, or is Argus on his way to a Brain Penalty?

I'll update the OP with character profiles soon. I still need to think up a first name for one of the characters though so please give me the sufficient time of 100 years to decide on that first.

Damn, we get to Hexepta some Logic now for real

Happy Maria

More Point'n Click than logic tbh

Let us now reveal the actors of this tragic performance.

Spoiler: Case 4 Cast
Perry Tour
The mayor of Bell Island. He owns a very valuable painting that soon gets stolen, making him the victim.

Shipley Pandeck
The captain of the island's freight ship, and a friend of Mayor Tour.

May DePaint
The owner of the official Bell Island Art Gallery.

Dellen Ferry
Bell Island's sole mailman, he knows every inch of the island.

"Killian"
The enigmatic Phantom Thief, responsible for the theft of Vick Timm's medal. Could he be have stolen the painting, too?

The case is about halfway done, disregarding the optional dialogue that I've been skipping over far too much.
Image Image Image Image

Mia Payne

ArrowLawn wrote:
Let us now reveal the actors of this tragic performance.

Spoiler: Case 4 Cast
Perry Tour
The mayor of Bell Island. He owns a very valuable painting that soon gets stolen, making him the victim.

Shipley Pandeck
The captain of the island's freight ship, and a friend of Mayor Tour.

May DePaint
The owner of the official Bell Island Art Gallery.

Dellen Ferry
Bell Island's sole mailman, he knows every inch of the island.

"Killian"
The enigmatic Phantom Thief, responsible for the theft of Vick Timm's medal. Could he be have stolen the painting, too?

The case is about halfway done, disregarding the optional dialogue that I've been skipping over far too much.

Wow actual names with puns instead of the name itself being the pun

Completion is very close, here's some hype:

Spoiler: Screenshots
ImageImage
ImageImage

The main stuff is complete, optional dialogue is over halfway complete, AAO version is sitting at 2734 frames so far. Expect soon.
Image Image Image Image

Mia Payne

I'm so proud.

How does it feel to join in the ranks of the very select (5-6 or so) people who completed full on Ace Attorney fanGAMES (not just individual cases)
Re: Hexepta: Mayor Attack (Case 4 is near)Topic%20Title

CASE 4 FINALLY COMPLETE!

Yes Blizdi it feels very good, this case has taken 3 months but it is finally ready to be played by all, thanking Barrylawn and DrDigertz for the extensive playtesting!

That said there may still be some minor bugs lying around, be sure to report any if you see 'em. The case is slightly longer than case 3, I believe, though I don't have an accurate length of it yet. I hope I satisfy all regardless.

Of course, that's not the only thing in this update, no - included in this download, as promised, is a complete, PyWright adaptation of Storm Sente: Asinine Attorney. If you're new to the game, I recommend playing this after case 3, however it is free of any major spoilers. An Argus Asinine is expected to come, likely with the full, final release.

(also walkthroughs are in the game's folder if you need them, I'm told that this gets hard.)
Image Image Image Image
Re: Hexepta: Mayor Attack (CASE 4 RELEASE)Topic%20Title

Progress update: Planning is still going but I'm p sure I've got the crime figured out. Can't say for certain right now but it may end up being a 2-day case the way it's going right now.

As for case 6, I'll likely be releasing it alongside case 5 - cases 5 and 6 have a Cosmic Turnabout + Turnabout for Tomorrow kind of relationship so it would make most sense that they both get released at once. Or maybe I'll just release case 5 right away anyway who knows.

Also I updated the cover art. Long overdue I know. Character profiles were prettied up too if you noticed in the OP.
Image Image Image Image
Page 1 of 2 [ 71 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Games