Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 2 of 2[ 53 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Re: Hexepta: Mayor Attack (CASE 4 RELEASE)Topic%20Title

Wait this isn't Burger King

ArrowLawn wrote:
Progress update: Planning is still going but I'm p sure I've got the crime figured out. Can't say for certain right now but it may end up being a 2-day case the way it's going right now.

As for case 6, I'll likely be releasing it alongside case 5 - cases 5 and 6 have a Cosmic Turnabout + Turnabout for Tomorrow kind of relationship so it would make most sense that they both get released at once. Or maybe I'll just release case 5 right away anyway who knows.

Also I updated the cover art. Long overdue I know. Character profiles were prettied up too if you noticed in the OP.

You need to draw everyone else though. Sente stands out like a sore thumb.

Or is that his actual sprite?
ImageImageClick on the images!

RIP Hopkins

DannyPlaysSomeGames wrote:

What exactly am I supposed to be drawing?

That's his actual sprite yes.

On another note I may release a small update to the game that changes/adds certain effects - for one thing the top screen fades to black slightly whenever a multiple choice/present prompt happens. I'll probably throw in some screen shakes or flashes in cases 1 and 2 too.
I also finally made the Cross Examination cut-ins not shit.
A fangame of an unreleased AA-like game, Hexepta: Logic Hack. Follow my fangame to give the official one attention and make it world famous when it's released.

RIP Hopkins

Presentation update go!

No new case yet but the game looks prettier now.
Spoiler: Change Log
* Replaced Witness Testimony and Cross Examination fgs with better ones
* Improved Cross-Examination cut-ins
* The top screen now fades to black on multiple choice questions and present prompts
* Extended the gameover scenes to replicate the trilogy's - Trials and Tribulations', specifically
* Minor bug fixes in case 3
* Added shake effects into case 1 to compliment sfx
* Typo corrections

Case 5 planning is something like 40% rn
A fangame of an unreleased AA-like game, Hexepta: Logic Hack. Follow my fangame to give the official one attention and make it world famous when it's released.

ArrowLawn wrote:
DannyPlaysSomeGames wrote:

What exactly am I supposed to be drawing?

That's his actual sprite yes.

On another note I may release a small update to the game that changes/adds certain effects - for one thing the top screen fades to black slightly whenever a multiple choice/present prompt happens. I'll probably throw in some screen shakes or flashes in cases 1 and 2 too.
I also finally made the Cross Examination cut-ins not shit.

I was referring to the cover art but if that's how he is then it's ok

ArrowLawn wrote:
Presentation update go!

No new case yet but the game looks prettier now.
Spoiler: Change Log
* Replaced Witness Testimony and Cross Examination fgs with better ones
* Improved Cross-Examination cut-ins
* The top screen now fades to black on multiple choice questions and present prompts
* Extended the gameover scenes to replicate the trilogy's - Trials and Tribulations', specifically
* Minor bug fixes in case 3
* Added shake effects into case 1 to compliment sfx
* Typo corrections

Case 5 planning is something like 40% rn

Nice to have some progress

Also
ArrowLawn wrote:
>Replaced Witness Testimony and Cross Examination fgs with better ones
>Improved Cross-Examination cut-ins

:butzthumbs:

RIP Hopkins

Minor hype:
Spoiler:

Mia Payne

ArrowLawn wrote:
Minor hype:
Spoiler:

Oh boy. A Storm is starting to brew.

RIP Hopkins

Planning is at roughly 75% now. It's been going p slowly so far - it's a long case and exams were happening this month, so it's no surprise, really. But I'm fairly sure I've got the bulk of the planning done, just got to figure out how the trials are gonna go (this is a 2-day case, idk if I ever announced this outside of the main post).

Both investigations at least should be all planned out, unless new evidence has to be thrown in somehow which would make things a little awkward. So yea, still got a bit to go before the case can properly begin so it'll be a while before this case gets released. But some day I am sure this case will be complete.

Also I released a small update to the current version that fixes what I greatly hope to be the last minor bugs lying around cases 3 and 4. Also gave the CE cut-ins a little update to include the VS background.

Anyway here's your complimentary hype art asset for this update: the full case screen.

Spoiler: Case 5 Screen
(will probably be cleaned up a bit before the final release)

I'll reveal the new characters once I finally come up with names for 'em.
Re: Hexepta: Mayor Attack (Case 5 in progress)Topic%20Title

Mia Payne

Oh boy, a murder case! I can't wait to see what happens.

RIP Hopkins

So I was away for a few weeks but now I can say the first half of Investigation 1 is nearly done. I'm finally getting to the real shit. Three of the four suspects have been named, character reveals will happen once this last one gets her name. Pretty sure I've got the trials all figured out now, so consider the planning 100% complete.

Also I released one more update that changes case 4's logic system. Now logic is presented as evidence instead of multiple choices.

RIP Hopkins

Posting an update to announce that the first half of the first investigation is done, which took a lot longer than I expected. But now the fun stuff has begun, so maybe the hype will speed up my progress.

By the way I named that last character so here are the new characters for case 5:
Spoiler: Character reveals
Anton Frost (Age: 50)
The headmaster of Hexepta Legal Academy. He rose to power here in the school four years ago after former Headmistress Aimee Guzman had to step down.

Bartholomew Legrande (Age: 29)
The bartender at the academy's bar. Hes not the friendliest and doesn't hold back in expressing his distaste for his customers.

Gerard White (Age: 51)
The man in charge of the schools latest extension. He's always busy with one thing or another and doesn't spare much time to talk, especially not those ignorant of his feats.

Katherine Flare (Age: 18)
A guard working part time at the guard station in the academy.

Mia Payne

Oh boy that's awesome. I hope it exceeds my Hexeptations

RIP Hopkins

It has been one year since I first released this game on Court Records and the most appropriate way to celebrate is to throw Argus into a most asinine situation. Today I am releasing the second bonus case, Argus Hakan: Asinine Attorney. In this short case, Argus, clad in a most spooky costume, does battle against three unusual witnesses and an even more unusual prosecutor to find something that might be, but is hopefully not the truth.
There's also a recording of the case on my channel if you don't want to download the entire game again just for this one case + very minor updates to previous ones.

As for case 5, progress on that had to stop for a couple of months. My laptop at the time was beginning to fall apart, and my keyboard was broken in a way that typing was possible but needlessly difficult. I've got a new one now, but that still slowed progress since by the time I got it, all the momentum I had after finishing the investigation was gone. This case helped get that back though, so hopefully I'll get the trial done soon.

Also: You can now disable DGS1 music as well as DGS2. The option to remove only DGS2-exclusive music is also there.
Page 2 of 2 [ 53 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » Present Evidence » Games