Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 1 of 1[ 4 posts ]

Fangame: Miles Edgeworth Dating Sim [12 Chapters Complete]Topic%20Title

EDIT: The game is now available to have a look at and play, though it is still a work-in-progress!
The link is here: http://www.aaonline.fr/player.php?trial_id=99839

Hello everyone,

I just thought I would post about this to gauge some interest, since it's something a little bit different.

At the moment I am using Ace Attorney Online to create a visual novel-style Edgeworth dating sim, using, of course, elements from Ace Attorney (investigation, presenting, conversations, having a court record etc.). I am basing this on a Japanese dream-novel style fanfiction (Google "Yume Shousetsu" - don't want to lengthen this out by explaining it here!) I came across last year and thoroughly enjoyed. I was originally just making it for fun/to practise my translation, but I thought there might be others who would enjoy it, so I contacted the original author to ask if she would be happy with me officially translating, adapting and releasing it. She gave me the go-ahead, so long as I give credit to her for the original story, and make it clear that the translation and adaptation is my own work, and she has had no input in it. As such, the original site with the fanfiction is here: http://id25.fm-p.jp/423/yumeizuru/

The game will be based on the first two Mitsurugi (Edgeworth) stories, as they are two parts of the same series. It basically focuses on the relationship between Edgeworth and the female protagonist, whom he is training to become a prosecutor, gradually developing feelings for each other. I should also mention that there's no sexual content, and it should be suitable for ages 13+. It is also entirely linear, as it is based on a fanfic - but there are interactive elements where, for example, what is in the original story a conversation, I have added in the opportunity to present evidence, examine the background etc., for some fun conversations I have written/will write myself.

At the moment I have more or less completed 11/15 chapters for the original part 1 (about 2500 frames at the moment) - I would like to gauge what kind of interest there would be in this project, as I know it's pretty niche, and very much female-oriented, so I honestly have no idea what kind of response to expect.

As well as putting it out there for anybody who just wants to play for fun, I am also looking for playtesters!

Please let me know if you would be interested in this or in being a playtester, or any comments or questions you may have!

Here's a quick taster of something I've done for it: (This is also where I find out whether or not gifs work on this site...)

Thank you for reading!

Last edited by Roseheart on Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:03 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Re: Fangame: Miles Edgeworth Dating SimTopic%20Title

Welp, this is certainly different from most other fangames. It makes sense that something like this would exist eventually though, it would definitely be interesting to read at least.

It seems like you didn't post this on the AAO forums. It might be good to put it there too to get some more interested people and maybe find someone to play test/proofread the game if you need that.
Signature loading, please wait...
Re: Fangame: Miles Edgeworth Dating SimTopic%20Title

Cesar Zero wrote:
Welp, this is certainly different from most other fangames. It makes sense that something like this would exist eventually though, it would definitely be interesting to read at least.

It seems like you didn't post this on the AAO forums. It might be good to put it there too to get some more interested people and maybe find someone to play test/proofread the game if you need that.

Thanks! I'll go and do that.
Re: Fangame: Miles Edgeworth Dating Sim [12 Chapters CompletTopic%20Title

Hello everyone!

I'm aware it's been quite a while since I last posted here. Since then I've been working hard to polish up what I've already done! I've done a thorough replaying and editing of the entire thing, and am now posting to say that, not only have I now completed this, but I've also finished up chapter 11. There's a chapter select at the start of the game, so don't worry about having to replay the whole thing again. Somebody has also done a Youtube playthrough of the game (which I was really happy about!), slightly before I finished the rework (so some things have been edited/fixed since then). You can see that here, if you're interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8SYcE7CFxw

Chapters should be going up much more quickly now that I've gone back and edited everything. Let me know any feedback, please! :)

Thanks for reading!

Spoiler: Minor spoilers for chapter 11
I thought briefly about putting in an investigation sequence in the last scene of the chapter, but thought it would ruin the mood and not really make a lot of sense considering the circumstances (i.e. if Nina is nervous, she’d probably be anxious to hear what Edgeworth has to say, rather than want to present things to him etc.). This ended up leaving the chapter quite short, however, so thoughts on this if you have any would be appreciated. I can always go back and add an investigation block later if people think it would be better. In any case, this was one of the shorter chapters of the fic anyway.
Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Games