Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 1 of 1[ 13 posts ]

Athena Cykes: Ace Attorney - Locks on the Heart (OP UPDATED)Topic%20Title

I WANT BURGERS

This idea came to me after a bout of depression and an interest in reworking Athena’s character and making a fangame focusing on her and psychology.

Athena Cykes: Ace Attorney - Locks on the Heart (LotH for short)

The full game is being made for PyWright. Only cases 1 and DLC (with placeholder, non-custom sprites) will be published on AAO.

WARNING: LotH contains spoilers and plot details relevant to PW:AA, JFA, T&T, AJ:AA, AAI, AAI2, DD, and SoJ.

Spoiler: Synopsis - Spoilers!
Several months after SoJ, Athena flies to the Kingdom of Khura’in to assist her co-worked, Apollo Justice, in reforming Khura’in’s legal system, and in resolving all of the cases in which an unjust verdict was given as a result of the legal system.
Athena takes on an interesting case (Case 1) upon her return, in which murder has taken place at an online convention, and her close friend is taken in for the crime.
About a month after Case 1, Athena finds herself muddled up in the emotional throes of investigating a serial killer known at “The Executioner” who has evaded the authorities for years.
As she investigates the Executioner’s crimes, Athena realizes that there are deep, dark secrets hidden in the shadows of the killer’s mind. She chases after the Executioner and looks deeply into their psychological makeup.
Meanwhile, Athena faces her own inner turmoil, and her perspective on a lot of things changes throughout the events of LotH. She begins to see the darkness hidden throughout the world and the people in it.
Will Athena be able to find the Executioner and make them pay dearly for their own crimes, or will she unwittingly find herself in a life-or-death scenario, and the Executioner be forever lost in the shadows, left to kill again and again?

Spoiler: Case Names + Progress
Case 1 - Rendezvous at the Turnabout
Planning: 100%
Written Script: 95% (rough draft finished, final draft ⅓ done)
Coding: 0%
Character Sprites: 0%
Backgrounds & Cutscenes: 0%

Case 2 - Turnabout Happenstance
Planning: 100%
Written Script: 95% (rough draft finished)

Case 3 - Turnabout from Left Field
Planning: 15%
Written Script: 0%

Case 4 - Turnabout to the Past
Planning: 15%

Case 5 - My Final Turnabout
Planning: 5%

Case DLC - The Costumed Turnabout - our Search for the Truth Game Jam entry!
Planning: 95%
Written Script: 15%
Character Sprites: 75% (using pre-made ones for the Game Jam)
Backgrounds: 50% (using pre-made ones for the Game Jam)

HELP WANTED:
Spriter(s)/Misc. Artist(s): I have absolutely no artistic skills whatsoever, and need someone to create sprites for any original characters I have, given my description of them and ideas for their various poses, and also someone to create backgrounds and cutscenes for the game. Sprites and cutscenes should be in the classic Ace Attorney DS-game style, while I’m much more flexible with style for backgrounds. I can pay commissions, or if you don’t want a commission or want to publish something else with the art, that’s perfectly fine with me. Whichever works for you.

Help in the writing department is appreciated but not completely necessary - clcman serves as the co-writer and editor of the whole game, and is doing fantastically! However, any help I can get, even if it’s just comments on our scripts, is great. Betatesters are appreciated also, despite having six already.

If you would like to help out with LotH’s production, contact me via PMs, my Discord (the.armenator#1360), or my game-related Twitter (@ArmenDev)!

Our current team:
Composers: MBr (SuperCykes) and FanFreak247!
Co-Editors: clcman, FanFreak247, and Ropfa!
Artists: Ropfa, Double KO, Puchi, and iKiwed!
Betatesters: Spybreak001, Egor, Super legenda, Double KO, Scarfie, and Ropfa!
Translators: BirbIsTheWord! (to German)

Thank you so much for reading!
To check out a Twitter thread I wrote on my game-related account, explaining LotH’s synopsis, my reasons for creating it, and my goals for it, here you go! https://twitter.com/armendev/status/104 ... 84352?s=21

If you're interested in helping out or just want to join the Discord server for "Locks on the Heart", here you go! https://discord.gg/TQPhTfF

Updates will be posted on the Discord server, here on C-R, and on AAO —> http://aaonline.fr/forum/viewtopic.php? ... 20#p767720

Thank you again! :athena:

Last edited by the.armenator on Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:27 pm, edited 17 times in total.
Re: Athena Cykes: Ace Attorney - Locks on the HeartTopic%20Title

Enoshima Junko-chan!

I’m interested in being a composer for your project. So you want DS-sounding music?

I also have over 3 years of roleplaying experience with Athena, so I can help with writing.

I WANT BURGERS

MBr wrote:
I’m interested in being a composer for your project. So you want DS-sounding music?

I also have over 3 years of roleplaying experience with Athena, so I can help with writing.

YES YES YES! Thanks so much! I'll PM you. :D :athena:

I am REALLY bad at Ace attorney

Ooh yes... I've been waiting for another fresh fangame to come out hooray! :gant: I wish you good luck with this project!

Dracarys!

the.armenator wrote:
Federal Investigation Agency

If you're going by the English version of Ace Attorney, then the term you're looking for is the FBI. If you're going by the Japanese version, then it's the Public Security Intelligence Agency.

I WANT BURGERS

Ropfa wrote:
the.armenator wrote:
Federal Investigation Agency

If you're going by the English version of Ace Attorney, then the term you're looking for is the FBI. If you're going by the Japanese version, then it's the Public Security Intelligence Agency.

Oh. Yeah, I know that. I just don't know if I can use the FBI in it, so I made up another acronym.

Yabba Dabba Doo

I'm always down for new fangames, and I wish you the best of luck. I do suggest at least trying to make some custom sprites on your own. It's much better to make the attempt than to wait for a sprite artist willing to do all your art, which is a rarity on here.

I WANT BURGERS

Quick update: I already have someone working as a composer, so I don't need anyone else for music.
For the art: I've been told to not hold back on stock sprites, and I definitely want to use some. The thing is, some scenarios in the game require sprites, and none of the stock sprites I found would work. Same goes for backgrounds. If anyone is willing to make sprites and backgrounds without a commission, that would be amazing (but unlikely), but otherwise, I'll probably end up commissioning someone. Still, if you're willing to make some sprites and backgrounds and release them as stock sprites/backgrounds (or whatever works), I'd be down!
I still do need another co-writer - someone who can help with AA funnies and keeping canon characters, well, in-character.
Everything else is going well! Case 2 is 75% planned (still polishing up some bits) and I'm almost finished with the first few parts of the script.
So if anyone can offer help, please do so!

I WANT BURGERS

New update:
Case 2 planning is 100% done. Writing is almost done, since my rough draft is completed, but I still have to figure out some logic errors and such, hence why an extra co-writer or two would be much appreciated. I currently have two co-writers/editors (Spybreak001 and clcman), and one composer (MBr, I don't need any more composers since we're working together). I've contacted Hesseldahl asking if they'd be willing to do art for a commission or to publish it as stock, and I haven't gotten a response yet, but any artists willing to help are welcomed. :)

Dracarys!

Just a comment that Armen is indeed still working on this. We've been in talks for me doing some sprite commissions. He's putting a good amount of effort into it!

*Ropfa seal of approval here*

I WANT BURGERS

Ropfa wrote:
Just a comment that Armen is indeed still working on this. We've been in talks for me doing some sprite commissions. He's putting a good amount of effort into it!

*Ropfa seal of approval here*

Seal of approval? I'm flattered. :bellboy:

I WANT BURGERS

Justifiable double post (in my opinion).

We now have a solid team!
Composers: MBr (SuperCykes), FanFreak247, and iKiwed!
Co-Editors: clcman, FanFreak247, and Ropfa!
Artists: Ropfa, Sandal (Puchi), and iKiwed!
Betatesters: Spybreak001 and Ropfa!

Of course, if you'd like to help out, feel free! Any and all help is appreciated and useful.
Re: Athena Cykes: Ace Attorney - Locks on the Heart (OP UPDATopic%20Title

I WANT BURGERS

OP has been updated and changed hugely!! Extra, extra, read all about it! This project is not dead and has not been!
Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Games