Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 1 of 1[ 22 posts ]

Athena Cykes: Ace Attorney - Locks on the HeartTopic%20Title

Uendo stole our diagnosis...

(LotH for short)

The full game is being made for PyWright. A demo of Case 1 has been made for AAO, however the full game will only be on one engine.

WARNING: LotH contains spoilers and plot details relevant to the canon Ace Attorney games, save for DGS1+2.

The LotH Case 1 demo is now available to play! Click here to play!
(NOTE: Every testimony, present prompt, and "select an option" prompt has a unique failure dialogue! Please feel free to save spam and choose a wrong option or piece of evidence for all of those!)

Please leave a stream of consciousness in a reply if you'd like! Feedback is welcome and appreciated!
Also, the demo section will be changed for the PyWright release, so look out for that!

Spoiler: Demo Walkthrough - TRY TO GO WITHOUT THIS!
No Penalty: Do whatever you want for the opening statement.

Testimony 1
(Optional/No Penalty: Present the knife on statement 2.)
Press statement 2.
Press statement 3. Select the first option.
Present the Knife on statement 2.

Select the third option.

Testimony 2
(Optional/No Penalty: Press statement 2. Select the first or second option.)
Press statement 2. Select the fourth option.
Press statement 3. Select the third option.
Press statement 3. Select the fourth option.

Select the first option.
Present the Security Footage.

Spoiler: Character Art Credits (SPOILERS)
Athena Cykes sprites by Rajin, mercurialSK, SuperAj3, ShiroForever, Hesseldahl, and Silver Glas.
Athena Cykes profile icon by Anyare.
Widget profile icon by Anyare.
Nina Phan is Porsha Posh by DragonTrainer.
Elle Braxton is Gretta Danllo by Hesseldahl.
Vincent Pulliam is Dypo Tarch by Singidava.
Lydon Case is Tori Labbe by DragonTrainer.
Additional Judge sprites by SuperAj3 and DarwinThe100.

Spoiler: Synopsis - Spoilers!
LotH takes place in 2029, after the canon events of Spirit of Justice.
Athena Cykes takes on a case where a double murder has been committed at VideoVention, an online video convention, and one of her close friends is suspected of being the culprit. Shortly after taking her friend's defense, Athena gets wind of a case involving an evasive serial killer named the Executioner, who has been at large for a very long time and seems to be uncatchable.
During her chase after the Executioner, Athena's abilities are pushed to the limit, and her trust, values, and belief questioned. She runs into person after person, each with a unique backstory and reason to act the way they do, all who make her reconsider the creed of "believe in your client until the bitter end".
Will Athena find the Executioner and bring them to justice, or will the truth be lost in the shadows forever?

Spoiler: Progress Summary
Music: 35% complete
Art: ~5% complete
Planning: ~30% complete

Spoiler: Case Names + Progress
Case 1 - Rendezvous at the Turnabout
Planning: 100%
Written Script: 100%
Coding: 100% (AAO demo), 0% (PyWright)
Character Sprites: 100% (AAO demo), 50% (PyWright)
Other Art: 100%

Case 2 - Turnabout Happenstance
Planning: 95%
Written Script: 20%
Coding: 0%
Character Sprites: 0%
Other Art: 0%

Case 3 - Turnabout from Left Field
Planning: 5%
Written Script: 0%

Case 4 - Turnabout to the Past

Case 5 - My Final Turnabout
Planning: 10%

Case DLC - The Costumed Turnabout
Planning: 30%
Written Script: 15%

Case Bonus - Athena Cykes ~ Asinine Attorney

Our current active team:
Composers: MBr/SuperCykes and the.armenator!
Co-Editors: clcman!
Artists: MasqueradeDemure!
Betatesters: Nate!
Translators: German - BirbIsTheWord! Spanish - Korinu and Super legenda!
(All contributing team members not on this list will be included in the LotH Credits section in the full release.)

SuperCykes's SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/mbr-9
My SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/musician-ash

HELP WANTED:
Spriter(s)/Misc. Artist(s): I have absolutely no artistic skills whatsoever, and need someone to create sprites for any original characters I have, given my description of them and ideas for their various poses, and also someone to create backgrounds and cutscenes for the game. Sprites and cutscenes should be in the classic Ace Attorney DS-game style, while I’m much more flexible with style for backgrounds. I can pay commissions, or if you don’t want a commission or want to publish something else with the art, that’s perfectly fine with me. Whichever works for you.

We could also use some people in the following areas: translation, betatesting, and voice acting (Objection! voices).
If you would like to help in these areas, please DM me on Discord (risefromtheashes#5671) or here on AAO.

Share this project!
Join our Discord server here! http://discord.gg/Ub894gR - Updates are most active here!
Follow @AshSWrites on Twitter for occasional updates!
Please share this project to your friends! Any help we can get is very appreciated.

Thank you so much for reading!

Image Mindcastle SystemImage

Last edited by rosefromtheashes on Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:25 am, edited 30 times in total.
Re: Athena Cykes: Ace Attorney - Locks on the HeartTopic%20Title

Enoshima Junko-chan!

I’m interested in being a composer for your project. So you want DS-sounding music?

I also have over 3 years of roleplaying experience with Athena, so I can help with writing.

MBr wrote:
I’m interested in being a composer for your project. So you want DS-sounding music?

I also have over 3 years of roleplaying experience with Athena, so I can help with writing.

YES YES YES! Thanks so much! I'll PM you. :D :athena:

I am REALLY bad at Ace attorney

Ooh yes... I've been waiting for another fresh fangame to come out hooray! :gant: I wish you good luck with this project!

Dracarys!

the.armenator wrote:
Federal Investigation Agency

If you're going by the English version of Ace Attorney, then the term you're looking for is the FBI. If you're going by the Japanese version, then it's the Public Security Intelligence Agency.

Ropfa wrote:
the.armenator wrote:
Federal Investigation Agency

If you're going by the English version of Ace Attorney, then the term you're looking for is the FBI. If you're going by the Japanese version, then it's the Public Security Intelligence Agency.

Oh. Yeah, I know that. I just don't know if I can use the FBI in it, so I made up another acronym.

Yabba Dabba Doo

I'm always down for new fangames, and I wish you the best of luck. I do suggest at least trying to make some custom sprites on your own. It's much better to make the attempt than to wait for a sprite artist willing to do all your art, which is a rarity on here.

Quick update: I already have someone working as a composer, so I don't need anyone else for music.
For the art: I've been told to not hold back on stock sprites, and I definitely want to use some. The thing is, some scenarios in the game require sprites, and none of the stock sprites I found would work. Same goes for backgrounds. If anyone is willing to make sprites and backgrounds without a commission, that would be amazing (but unlikely), but otherwise, I'll probably end up commissioning someone. Still, if you're willing to make some sprites and backgrounds and release them as stock sprites/backgrounds (or whatever works), I'd be down!
I still do need another co-writer - someone who can help with AA funnies and keeping canon characters, well, in-character.
Everything else is going well! Case 2 is 75% planned (still polishing up some bits) and I'm almost finished with the first few parts of the script.
So if anyone can offer help, please do so!

New update:
Case 2 planning is 100% done. Writing is almost done, since my rough draft is completed, but I still have to figure out some logic errors and such, hence why an extra co-writer or two would be much appreciated. I currently have two co-writers/editors (Spybreak001 and clcman), and one composer (MBr, I don't need any more composers since we're working together). I've contacted Hesseldahl asking if they'd be willing to do art for a commission or to publish it as stock, and I haven't gotten a response yet, but any artists willing to help are welcomed. :)

Dracarys!

Just a comment that Armen is indeed still working on this. We've been in talks for me doing some sprite commissions. He's putting a good amount of effort into it!

*Ropfa seal of approval here*

Ropfa wrote:
Just a comment that Armen is indeed still working on this. We've been in talks for me doing some sprite commissions. He's putting a good amount of effort into it!

*Ropfa seal of approval here*

Seal of approval? I'm flattered. :bellboy:

Justifiable double post (in my opinion).

We now have a solid team!
Composers: MBr (SuperCykes), FanFreak247, and iKiwed!
Co-Editors: clcman, FanFreak247, and Ropfa!
Artists: Ropfa, Sandal (Puchi), and iKiwed!
Betatesters: Spybreak001 and Ropfa!

Of course, if you'd like to help out, feel free! Any and all help is appreciated and useful.
Re: Athena Cykes: Ace Attorney - Locks on the Heart (OP UPDATopic%20Title

OP has been updated and changed hugely!! Extra, extra, read all about it! This project is not dead and has not been!
Re: Athena Cykes: Ace Attorney - Locks on the Heart (OP UPDATopic%20Title

Okay, well damn. I can't delete my two previous posts now. Oops. Well, this is quite a justifiable quadruple-post, I should say...

Hi again! Please read this reply in its entirety!

After ELEVEN MONTHS of writing and re-writing the script, discussing mental disorders and psychological dynamics, and writing music... I would like to announce that

Case 1 for AAO is now in production!

This is my first ever AAO case and I estimate it will be about 5,000 frames.
Right now, I'm working, pretty much entirely on my lonesome, on importing the entire script to the editor. (And making it look as close to perfect as I can, with fades and pauses and all. I'm too obsessive-compulsive of a person to not do that.)

We have all of our custom artistic assets made for the Case 1 demo! However, we will be switching out a few characters' sprites for the "full version" to be released on PyWright (estimated release date TBD), and will need to commission spriters for said characters. Hopefully - and I believe this will be the case - Case 1 will look promising enough that some of you artists out there will be willing to work with me and the team, commission or not!

Please look forward to the release of Case 1 here on AAO! As of now, it seems the demo release date will be somewhere between mid-June and mid-July, at the pace we're working! (I've already finished ~400 frames!)

And as of now, please refer to the OP for more details on Locks on the Heart as a whole, and for details on what kind of help we'll need, if you're willing to help. And if you choose to wait until Case 1 is released, that's quite understandable!

Thank you!

Yabba Dabba Doo

Well, this certainly is a pleasant surprise. Glad to see that everything is moving along! The more fangames being worked on, the better.

Thunder84 wrote:
Well, this certainly is a pleasant surprise. Glad to see that everything is moving along! The more fangames being worked on, the better.

Thanks! Hopefully you'll enjoy the finished product of Case 1. ;)

Mini-update!
OP has been updated to the most current version of events.
Lots of progress is being made with planning and music; not so much with art, for rather obvious reasons. Case 2 got a re-write and is now 30x better!
This project is still being worked on, and we need all the help we can get! Please refer to the OP for details. (Read the whole thing! Also, follow @ArmenDev on Twitter for *QUALITY* retweeted AA content, and occasional updates that won’t be posted here.)

The demo version of Case 1 is projected to be released on AAO by July 1!

Additional Update:

The "Locks on the Heart" demo is on par to be released on AAO on July 1!

The demo will consist of the "trial former" segment of Case 1, and hopefully all of you will enjoy! :athena:

Happy Maria

Good luck, Armen! I know you've been putting a lot of time into this but I hope it pays off! You've got a good team of writers too, so I'm hopeful for you.

The LotH Case 1 demo is now available to play! Click here to play!
(NOTE: Every testimony, present prompt, and "select an option" prompt has a unique failure dialogue! Please feel free to save spam and choose a wrong option or piece of evidence for all of those! There is also a walkthrough in the OP, but please don't use it unless you need to!)

This is my first-ever work on AAO, so if there are any errors, let me know! I hope it surpasses your expectations, though!
PLEASE share the demo to as many people as you can! It took so much work and I’d like to spread this project as far as possible!
And also, please leave a stream of consciousness in a reply if you'd like! Feedback is welcome and appreciated!
Also, the demo section will be slightly changed for the PyWright release, so look out for that!

(Hah, a day early!)

Yabba Dabba Doo

Just finished the demo. Nice job so far! The writing is great, the new mood matrix is really cool, and I love the cliffhanger at the end. If I had one critique, it'd be that it drags on a bit too much at the start. I'd try and tone down the whole "explaining the crime" part a bit if possible, as it takes a fairly long time to actually get to the first testimony.

Still, it's awesome to see the demo out. Congrats man!

Thunder84 wrote:
Just finished the demo. Nice job so far! The writing is great, the new mood matrix is really cool, and I love the cliffhanger at the end. If I had one critique, it'd be that it drags on a bit too much at the start. I'd try and tone down the whole "explaining the crime" part a bit if possible, as it takes a fairly long time to actually get to the first testimony.

Still, it's awesome to see the demo out. Congrats man!

Thanks for your feedback! Yeah, the opening's going to be shortened quite a bit in the full version, so look out for that!
Page 1 of 1 [ 22 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Games