Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 10 of 10[ 376 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Re: New CasemakerTopic%20Title

A fad in a castle

Yes, be patient. Until then we can work on designing our fangames, making graphics for it, anything to prepare us.. etc.

I should be doing just that. >_>
ImageImageImage

AIGE/PWLib Casemaker Developer

I don't mind answering questions, but the tutorials will be a "do it yourself, knowing the base".
PWLib 1.2 Under Development

PWLib Casemaker (Version 1.1) at http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=8788

Putting the M in Cobalt

DaemonForce wrote:
Arei wrote:
MAC VERSION >__<

You can't say emulator for the life of you huh?

I'm sorry?

Could you please give an actual explanation? I am having the same trouble.
ImageImage
Click on the left 'brow and you get the Super Makoto Project; click on the right 'brow and you get Project Kallisti :D
I made my avatar and sig.
You should totes visit my cosplay thread :Db
Tyrell Badd Facts!

:)

With so many case makers coming out, wouldn't it be better to combine forces? It could be difficult, but it does seem rather weird there are so many simultaneous projects...

I may or may not be here.

Godot's uncle wrote:
With so many case makers coming out, wouldn't it be better to combine forces? It could be difficult, but it does seem rather weird there are so many simultaneous projects...

That's what I was thinking, each one has it's own strengths, if you guys worked together then all the strong points could be put into one program and we would have a better program in every way.

The only problem I keep hitting is that you are all probably using different programing techniques. That would make it harder to to do in the end I guess.
ImageImage

It all depends on the communication between projects, if so. But i think it is better for each one make their own casemaker, since there would be problems concerning source code (CM2.1 anyone?).

PWLib will be open, so anyone can talk to me and help improving it., for example.

Anyone can contribute with helper programs too if possible (like sheet makers, code simplifiers, animation makers, etc).

PWLib Casemaker (Version 1.1) at http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=8788

CourtEngine Programmer

Not to mention, not only do we all have our own programming techniques, were all at varying levels of experience, and whats more, almost ALL of us are coding in a different language from one another. Plus we all have our own ideas on what we want to focus on. if we did 'combine forces' and call Captain Planet, itd be a ginormous mess, and then nothing would get release m'fraid.
However theres nothing stopping us from supporting one another and even providing help during pressing issues, ie. me and KSA chat all the time, despite the fact im using Actionscript and hes using C++ lol.
CourtEngine Prototype: 69%
"XML is like violence: if it doesn't solve your problem, you're not using enough of it."

The kind of judge you can trust

Also, I thought that PWLib and PW Case Editor were being developed in C++ and Casemaker 3 is being developed in that "Mediafusion 3" or something(sorry if I'm getting the name of that wrong). I think maybe there was a little collaboration/idea sharing between PWLib and Case Editor, but with Casemaker 3, it's being developed on an entirely different platform, so it'd be pretty hard to get something going there. Probably the best chance for there being combined efforts would be the various Flash engines that are being developed :)

Personally, I think it's awesome that there are so many different programs being developed for this. A little(hopefully friendly) competition usually makes for better end products. Atleast that's what I hope will happen. Realistically, it looks like right now the best hope for a complete Phoenix Wright case maker is PWLib. KanadaKid recently reported some sad news about his Case Editor, and I haven't really seen any recent updates for Case Maker 3, either. So, people that want to start making their cases as soon as possible, looks like you'll be needing to learn PWLib :)

P.S.: Sorry if I'm missing anyone else's case makers, to be honest I mainly follow the 3 I mentioned >.>

CourtEngine Programmer

Im just gonna throw this out there:

If any savvy flash devs wanna help with CourtEngine2's INVESTMODE2 and COURTMODE2 internal engines once CourtEngine is out, I'm willing to look at applications. ive noticed alot of flash projects, so if you have intermediate knowledge of Actionscript, ill be willing to work with you to make CourtEngine something the likes of the flash community would salivate to get their hands on ;)
"XML is like violence: if it doesn't solve your problem, you're not using enough of it."

CM3 is begin done on "Multimedia Fusion 2".

PWLib has a good side: an editor can be developed by anyone with enough interest.

PWLib is far form completion (in the sense of all features form pw running like the original), but the set it is now is ok for release.

Oh, and Indiana Jones is back.

Local Unassuming Guy

Quote:
KanadaKid recently reported some sad news about his Case Editor

I think I made that post too dramatic. :P In reality, I just need to take a brief hiatus since I really need to sort some things out irl, but once everything's cleared up, I'll get my ass back to work. ;)

While I support the idea of having many of these case makers so users can have a choice, a somewhat far out idea of mine is to somehow integrate them all through another medium. Not on the code level necessarily, but for example let's say that someone writes out all the needed elements of a case using my editor. However, the user then wants to use, say, PWLib, or CM3. Instead of having to start over, my editor could export the case to a format that is understood by either of the other two, and vice versa. This way, all the case makers can be united through a common file format, or something along those lines. Another advantage is that a user can employ the method that they feel more comfortable with, such as PWLib's do-it-yourself coding, or maybe Mecha's point-and-click method, without having to worry about which program will actually run the case.

The obvious problem here is that most of the case makers vary so radically that just collaborating on a single file format is no small task. Furthermore, other case makers, PWLib comes to mind, don't even use the traditional "load-this-binary-file-and-play-the-case" approach. I'm sure we can think of something, but I really think that a plan is needed before anything is started. :P

Ya dig? :hobohodo:
♫ Na dnie serca pozostanie zawsze ślad, kiedy Ciebie już nie będzie tu! ♫

I think this is a cool idea, but also something that would be pretty hard (maybe impossible). Some things can be converted and other things would be more difficult. Lines of text themselves would probably be pretty easy to convert, however logic structures just might not have a match at all. For instance, in PWLib you can set up nearly any animation or logic you can imagine, and I don't think this could be converted to anything else. In my casemaker, you use macros to make coding much faster. This could be exported to another system, but any code "imported" would not have the macros and probably harder to work with than something made in the system.

Also, I don't know how the non-scripting systems work, but it seems to me they might have modules for each task, which might not be easy to translate.

The last issue is what the intermediate format is, and how will we all agree on it? html/xml is one thing to standardize, logic is something else. If we do go down this road, I'll be a part of it, and be glad to write an importer/exporter for my system, if it is at all possible, haha.

I myself am conflicted about the sudden increase in choices of casemaker (even though I am part of the problem!) I don't want people to be to drowned in choices and unable to decide what to use for their project. (Or worse, get halfway through and then decide they need to switch to a different system). You see this happen whenever there are many options. Ultimately, I just hope it means an increase in fan games, because waiting for the next capcom game is getting to be annoying.
Creator of PyWright, the lovable case construction system!
Also visit the PyWright post.

For PWLib an editor that generates AHLSL-PWLib code would work fine (that is the approach i'll take on an editor for PWLib).

We also would have compatibility issues (like gif to animation used by cm3 and not by PWLib, or the "sheet" support on PWLib and not on other cms).

Local Unassuming Guy

The problem is that we'll have to standardize a whole bunch of stuff. As KSA said, sprites are just one facet, and standardization involves having to either modify already working code bases, or replace/add functionality that wasn't originally planned for a given project. Of course, I'll all for it, but we would need a good starting point; something that every developer agrees on. :P
♫ Na dnie serca pozostanie zawsze ślad, kiedy Ciebie już nie będzie tu! ♫

CourtEngine Programmer

Id join in on the venture, though CE1 is a FanFic engine run via XML, CE2 is actually a CM run via ECMAScript Syntax (looks like Javascript)

my biggest hurdle of a difference of mine from most others, is that my animated sprites run via SWF goto on an embedded timeline, while the stationary is run via PNG

^ Ji Hye Jang

saluk wrote:
(Or worse, get halfway through and then decide they need to switch to a different system).

Then the best way to avoid that is, if you're able to use it, use PWLib, as it's the most flexible.
It may be more powerful than you need, but at least there's no worries of it being not powerful enough.
Proud creator of the first released PWLib-made fangame! ^_^
Page 10 of 10 [ 376 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Board index » Present Evidence » Games