Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 5 of 10[ 398 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next

Re: Case Maker 3Topic%20Title

Uhm, sorry, but I take these graduations pretty seriously, and was out pretty late, my fault :edgy:

A DS/GBA switch will probably take a while, so I'll just do the main stuff in the editor and the runtime, and then I'll release it. As I said earlier, CM3 won't be complete when out, it'll be pretty basic. However, CM3 has an auto-updater implended that will allow you to get the nessecary updates as time passes

Also @PWLib guy: That's more of a coincidence than anything, really. I'm doing this for the fun of it and I'm totally out of the entire fight thing :edgy:

AIGE/PWLib Casemaker Developer

Hmmm.... PWLib guy yeah... Show some respect since you know my nick, it's KSA_Tech. I never called you "CM guy".

BTW DS/GBA switch isn't something you should chose as the default when you start a new game?
PWLib 1.2 Under Development

PWLib Casemaker (Version 1.1) at http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=8788

KSA_Tech wrote:
Hmmm.... PWLib guy yeah... Show some respect since you know my nick, it's KSA_Tech. I never called you "CM guy".

BTW DS/GBA switch isn't something you should chose as the default when you start a new game?

Uhm, sorry, I'm horrible with nicknames :yogi:
either way that's no reason to get upset, really :edgy:

Anyways yeah, you can chose either DS or GBA mode when you start a new project, but you can also change after you've started your project.

Pleeaase don't hurt me.

Detective L wrote:
OH...EM....GEE.....
:zap: :scratch: :fire: :spload: :Kristoph-hair: !!!

Mechabowser returns... In a world of glitchy software, one man/woman will dare to put in a editor.

SPOILERS!!! :beef: Anyway, what's the DS/GBA switch for? I thought it was for pc... :payne:
Thanks Elriel for the sig!

The truth's in THERE, not out THERE.

FlashPoint wrote:
Detective L wrote:
OH...EM....GEE.....
Spoiler: Added by BSRaven for safety
:zap: :scratch: :fire: :spload: :Kristoph-hair: !!!

Mechabowser returns... In a world of glitchy software, one man/woman will dare to put in a editor.

SPOILERS!!! :beef: Anyway, what's the DS/GBA switch for? I thought it was for pc... :payne:

It's so that you can choose between keyboard-only control, or keyboard-and-mouse control.

Amirite, Mech?
Reunion of Lawyers Writer - Case 3 (Turnabout Twins)
Mah Sprites

BSRaven wrote:
Amirite, Mech?

Totally. Some people like the way the GBA displayed the Court Records and everything, including myself!

machinimator

Coincidentially, I've never seen how the GBA version looked, and a Google Image search doesn't turn up anything...can someone show a screenshot of the court record and stuff?
I'm gone for so long, and the colors got all psychedelic! Woohoo!

Pleeaase don't hurt me.

MechaBowser wrote:
BSRaven wrote:
Amirite, Mech?

Totally. Some people like the way the GBA displayed the Court Records and everything, including myself!

Er, screenshot please. :punch-ben:

Quote:
Er, screenshot please.

http://comebackcourt.sourceforge.net/screenshots.html

Quote:

Finally, someone else likes the GBA version GUI! :edgy: I like the GBA GUI a lot better. The little hand for examining is fun. :keiko:

PWLib / AIGE developer

Banjooie wrote:
Quote:
I never said MechaBowser had to make a case maker, it's entirely his choose, if he chooses to make it then fine by me.
I'm going more for a personal victory for the hassle that he gave me when I was beta testing for him on his 2nd case maker, which as we know was never finished because he decided he got bored.
So yeah, you're writing posts to make me seem like the bad guy.... You have no idea how much of a jerk this guy was to me.
Oh and Believe me, I know about the hardships of being a coder, I am one.

Alright, so here we have something that can prove Mecha is unreliable. No? Let's see if this fellow has any credibility!

http://www.forums.court-records.net/vie ... f=8&t=1513

Let's look at the old thread for the previous case maker, in which DDRKhat...makes a variety of useful comments regarding the beta, and gets shot down at every turn. Interesting.

In fact, he seems to be remaining pretty upbeat throughout all of this. I'm not going to read 17 pages, though, so this is where you try to find my weakness.

Find something that proves DDRKhat is full of it, or sit content that MechaBowser is the John Romero of PhoenixWright Casemakers.

:hobohodo:
Wow. I didn't expect to have someone go reading through all of that history out of the blue. What sparked that? Or were you following the topic at the time all of that happened?
If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything!
"(Not)Guilty" for PWLib | Emergency Case Selection Fixes
Case 1-1 for PWLib | Pearl

Would people please stop all the hassle about all of these accusations, they're really tiring me :edgy:

Ace Assasin

Hmm Mechabowser you don't mind post some kind of video a pictureyou dont have to :javado:

Sure! When I get a moment off the exams I'll gladly :edgy:
But it's pretty much the same that every other Case Maker shows pictures of, random characters saying random things. Unless you meant of the maker :yogi:
But uhm, yeah, sure.

Ace Assasin

MechaBowser wrote:
But it's pretty much the same that every other Case Maker shows pictures of, random characters saying random things. Unless you meant of the maker :yogi:
But uhm, yeah, sure.

The maker screens would be cool.

Pleeaase don't hurt me.

bloodzero wrote:
MechaBowser wrote:
But uhm, yeah, sure.

AGREED :garyuu:

I may or may not be here.

bloodzero wrote:

They would be awesome!
Then the disputing would be over! :godot:
ImageImage

machinimator

Videos also tend to show a bit more. Just demonstrate any case features that have been difficult to implement.
I'm gone for so long, and the colors got all psychedelic! Woohoo!

^ Ji Hye Jang

He has a point. Not only are videos almost undisputable, but they show features a lot better than screenshots do too.
Proud creator of the first released PWLib-made fangame! ^_^

Mystic Pika

Any chance you could release the source for 2.1 now? It would be interesting to look at.

I always wondered why we never did see any screenshots or something of CM3.

Well, I don't think that they would fix all the issues.

I THINK that Mecha will never release the source for 2.1 (recall the events about the same talk some time ago).

PWLib Casemaker (Version 1.1) at http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=8788

The Source for CM 2.1 will never be released as it is somewhat personal :yogi:

Uhm, I'll make a video whenever I get the time to it.

Just like I said.

edit:
I was thinking how things could be good if all casemakers programmers were friends and in harmony (since it's visible that MechaBowser has a strong dislike over PWLib, and me by extension).
We would have a wide range of casemakers, each on their own place (PWLib for those who want DS + total control, PyWright for those who want GBA + total control, CM3 for those who wanted an editor to make the game as painlessly as possible, etc).
It seems this state will never came up to reality as things currently are. :lana:

Last edited by KSA_Tech on Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pleeaase don't hurt me.

You the man, MechaBowser! :gant:

The kind of judge you can trust

KSA_Tech wrote:
I was thinking how things could be good if all casemakers programmers were friends and in harmony (since it's visible that MechaBowser has a strong dislike over PWLib, and me by extension).

I've tried to stay out of this whole thing as much as possible, hoping it would calm down and we'd just have, exactly as you say, more case makers and more options. However, at this comment, I can't keep quiet.

I have a lot of respect for the work you've done, KSA_Tech. Been very busy so I haven't had a chance to actually work with PWLib, but I can tell just from your topic that it's a powerful tool that is great for making Phoenix Wright fangames. Kudos to you.

HOWEVER. I must say that it has NOT been Mecha that's been "visible" in his dislike of PWLib or you. Actually, it's EXTREMELY hypocritical of you to say that. After looking through the forum posts and topics, in EVERY instance where there's visible fighting, it's YOU who initiates it. Actually, Mecha has shown A LOT more class than you. Take this latest example:
KSA_Tech wrote:
I said I wasn't going to post here, but sometimes things go differently.

I don't believe in coincidences. Yeah, something is off here.
Mecha has been away for ages, and shows up right after PWLib is out... Really, something is not right. It's too much of a coincidence.

You're clearly suggesting that there's something sinister about Mecha's return. Yet again, attacking his character. I think if it were me you were saying this about(especially given your past attacks), I would have snapped back with a LOT of anger. But no, all he does is calmly refute your claim and tries to distance himself from the fighting:
MechaBowser wrote:
Also @PWLib guy: That's more of a coincidence than anything, really. I'm doing this for the fun of it and I'm totally out of the entire fight thing :edgy:

But, showing that you just have to find SOMETHING wrong with what he's saying, you nitpick and try to keep the fight going in any way possible. Really, if anyone else had called you the "PWLib guy," would you have cared? I doubt it, although I'm sure you'll say "Yes, it's the principle" in response to this.

There are NUMEROUS examples of your attacks on MechaBowser, and then of people trying to defend him and fighting back at you, but, oddly enough, I can't find A SINGLE INSTANCE were Mecha has attacked you. And in all of YOUR attacks on him, very rarely has he said anything back except to refute your claims about him. And now you're trying to act as if YOU'RE the one who's being attacked? Any rational person, reading back in the these topics, would be forced to disagree. YOU'RE the one who shows a visible dislike for HIM.

This post is a lot longer than I intended, so I'll wrap it up here: Since you can't seem to show a level of maturity high enough to stop attacking Mecha, could you just please stay out of his topic and work on PWLib?

And Mecha, could you also please stay out of KSA_Tech's topic and work on CM3? Oh, wait, that's right. YOU'VE ALREADY BEEN DOING THAT.

I may have mentioned too much about him dislike pwlib, but he indeed doesn't like me. I can call it a mistake on my part.

But do you think that it was coincidence? Really, 3 hours after PWLib was out? Don't lie to yourself.

I don't like him due to the way he referred to me when we talked via msn. That part of the story is something no one knows. That is why I dislike him. There he showed he did dislike me. He won't come out and say that or it may be his dismay (since he was already acted that way with cm2.1's source, so...)

I didn't had the idea to start any fights. All I want is that we all programmers get friendly.

I don't attack, I show the flaws. Back when someone attacked me, no one ever rose to defend me.

Man, couldn't you stop replying that way? I didn't meant to start a discussion.

Edit: Recalling is life: When I released PWLib, ALL other casemaker programmers said congratulations on the release. And Mecha? No. Any thoughts?

I'll definitively stop analyzing stuff, and stay out of this topic from now on.

End Quote.

I can see a bit of both of your arguements. I kinda agree, you have been a bit hostile towards mecha, KSA. I've found myself thinking that while looking over this topic. However, if he was being like that to you via MSN that's to some degree understandable, but keep it out of the forums, it's doesn't look good from anyone's point of view.

Anyway, this is getting slightly out of hand.. although Mecha should get a chance to respond, i'll be the proverbial hand trying to steer this topic back on track, with discussion about Case Maker 3, not people's hatred/characters or anything else. Right? :X
ImageImage

The kind of judge you can trust

Sounds good. I just want to say one more thing, and I'm done.

If you want there to be peace between the case maker projects, KSA_Tech, I'm all for it, and good for you :) I was just calling it how I saw it. Hopefully this thing can calm down. And for the record, of course I don't think it's entirely coincidence that Mecha came back when he did. But you know, you could be the bigger man and just ignore it. If you want people to think you want peace, you've got to atleast act like it on these public topics; your msn chats with Mecha aren't something we see. I think that if you just dropped the subject and ignored Mecha, it'd be a better situation for everyone.

That's my opinion, and I'm sticking to it. I vow right now I will not make one more post on this whole topic of the war between the case makers. Here's hoping they all grow into awesome tools the entire community will benefit from :)

P.S. KSA_Tech, I just want to stress one more time that I have a lot of respect for you and your work, just not the way you've been handling this situation.

^ Ji Hye Jang

But on the other hand, you have to consider that MechaBowser DID disappear for quite a while with no warning, reappears within hours of PWLib's release, and when asked for a video/screenshots he says "I'll make a video whenever I get the time to it." If you have time to be posting on here, surely you can spare the extra minute or so to at least take a screenshot or two... >_>

Lee Ji Hoon wrote:
If you have time to be posting on here, surely you can spare the extra minute or so to at least take a screenshot or two... >_>

Uhm, I'm quite sure recording a vdeio takes some preparations and tools, and I only have few minutes a day to look at mail, CourtRecords, etc..
I'll totally do the video when the whole graduation thing is over, though :edgy:

And I'm totally sorry that people got a problem with me, but you know, it's not a thing I can change. I work on CM3 for the personal fun of it, not for the public attention.

Just replying to Shinkinrui:

I tend to express things in a not so nice way when I dislike the person I'm talking about, so that part I'm sorry.

But you know Mecha is playing dumb because he knows what will happen if he shows his feelings in here (the 2.1 issue).

One thing I was thinking (my own opinion): Mecha said he didn't post/log in on CR due to his exams. Nothing wrong with that. So how he managed to do Case Maker 3 if he didn't even had time to come to CR? It's a contradiction in any level you analyze it.

I think I'll follow your advice. It's better to ignore Mecha because it won't help with the way I tend to say stuff. Until I learn to not try to induce my conclusion when presenting the facts, I will ignore Mecha and his CM3.

^ Ji Hye Jang

MechaBowser wrote:
Lee Ji Hoon wrote:
If you have time to be posting on here, surely you can spare the extra minute or so to at least take a screenshot or two... >_>

Uhm, I'm quite sure recording a vdeio takes some preparations and tools, and I only have few minutes a day to look at mail, CourtRecords, etc..
I'll totally do the video when the whole graduation thing is over, though :edgy:

And I'm totally sorry that people got a problem with me, but you know, it's not a thing I can change. I work on CM3 for the personal fun of it, not for the public attention.

Read more carefully what I said.
If you have time to post, surely you have time to at least take a screenshot or two.

Uhm, yeah, I can do that. But the current designs are not final, they still include some debugging and stuff.

Here are the actionlines. Pretty empty here, am going to add more buttons instead of just using the keyboard hotkeys. Note that now all actionlists are arranged by location.

Character database. Easy to use. bla bla bla. Moving on.

Location database.

You can customize your menus and stuff as you like.

And I compiled the above application. It's just a testing one. Note the multicolored text.

Thats all I'll post for now, since I don't wanna give a bad impression on the maker as most of the stuff looks really bad because I have been counting on functions rather than looks. Looks will be optimized later.

Liking the use of the Larry smiley in the Executable image.

This looks good. Can't wait to see how it turns out :gymshoe:
Mah Sprites

Pleeaase don't hurt me.

MechaBowser wrote:
Uhm, yeah, I can do that. But the current designs are not final, they still include some debugging and stuff.

Here are the actionlines. Pretty empty here, am going to add more buttons instead of just using the keyboard hotkeys. Note that now all actionlists are arranged by location.

Character database. Easy to use. bla bla bla. Moving on.

Location database.

You can customize your menus and stuff as you like.

And I compiled the above application. It's just a testing one. Note the multicolored text.

Thats all I'll post for now, since I don't wanna give a bad impression on the maker as most of the stuff looks really bad because I have been counting on functions rather than looks. Looks will be optimized later.

Whoa! That looks awesome! Although, the coloured text isn't the right colour.

Orange
Blue
Turquoise
Green

^ Ji Hye Jang

Chances are he just made all colours available, rather than specifically the ones from the game.

Anyway, that looks pretty good... just one question, it doesn't seem to have any way to handle two-part locations? (You know, the ones where you can scroll between two halves of the area, like Mia's office in 1-2)

EDIT: Updated the wiki to mention that screenshots have been released.

Hey Mech, if you keep working at the rate you have been recently, what'd the estimated release date be?
Mah Sprites

They don't :c

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

(I know I haven't posted on this topic for anything that's not asking for a link, but...)

At last, the fighting is over! I was just going to ask Mecha to change the topic name to 'Mecha "CM Guy" Bowser vs. KSA "PWLib Guy" Tech! The biggest fight since Ladder vs Stepladder!!!" [/jokedon'ttakeitbadlyitsjustajoke]

So, screenies are great, this is getting even more exciting and jello is delicious. ME OUT.

I may or may not be here.

DeMatador wrote:
The biggest fight since Ladder vs Stepladder!!!

TRUTH! XDDDD

Well Mecha, if you want anyone to help with testing I'll be glad to help.
My laptop has no end of problems with PWLib and I'm helping by trying to run it then sending the error log to KSA so he can fix the problem.
I'd be glad to do the same for you if I happen to have any problems. =)
*kicks laptop*
ImageImage

Donald Serrot wrote:
DeMatador wrote:
The biggest fight since Ladder vs Stepladder!!!

TRUTH! XDDDD

Well Mecha, if you want anyone to help with testing I'll be glad to help.
My laptop has no end of problems with PWLib and I'm helping by trying to run it then sending the error log to KSA so he can fix the problem.
I'd be glad to do the same for you if I happen to have any problems. =)
*kicks laptop*

Likewise. :meekins:
Mah Sprites

Don't mess.

DeMatador wrote:
The biggest fight since Ladder vs Stepladder!!!" [/jokedon'ttakeitbadlyitsjustajoke]

Rest assured there was some rofl'ing.

Nice screens, MB.
Page 5 of 10 [ 398 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Games