Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 8 of 10[ 398 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Re: Case Maker 3Topic%20Title

Thanks for your answers Mecha ;-)
If it works though Wine, it's okay :edgy:
Ace Attorney Online - Online trial creator and international Ace Attorney community.
AAO Deutsche version : AAO German section now open !

Pleeaase don't hurt me.

It's ultra-awesome that MechaBowser's back!

And I'm glad we don't have to wait long for the release of Case Maker 3.
Thanks Elriel for the sig!

Valant Ocelot

EDIT: Ah well, I'll keep this one to myself. :sadshoe:
^ lolz ocelot

Last edited by Wind Fish on Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AIGE/PWLib Casemaker Developer

I think that you shouldn't say anything about other people, Wind Fish...

Edit (forgot one thing)

If you, Mecha, is really respectful, I think you could do something: release the basic format of CM 2.0, CM 2.1 and next CM 3 project files. And as well .cm3 format, so other general casemaker editors could import and possibly export to it.
PWLib 1.2 Under Development

PWLib Casemaker (Version 1.1) at http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=8788

How does it make me respectful if I release the source for one of my formats? Your logic confuses me.

Anyways for CM2 that's nearly impossible, as there is no specific format but the entire source is spread throughout several files.

As for .cm3 format, I'll say that's also very unlikely, as most makers work in different ways, converting one type of format to another isn't going to happen. Also, why would you want to import .cm3 files into, say, PWLib? If you already worked on something in CM3 then you probably should stick to it instead of having to switch back and forth all the time.
But to be honest, PWlib sets things in a totally different way from CM3.

Rock N' Roll

Lee Ji Hoon wrote:
MechaBowser wrote:
GUYS, WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU

This is a topic about my Case Maker, not me, KSA_Tech or DDRKhat for the matter.

KSA_Tech, I completely respect you. Where did you get the idea that I didn't? Seriously, all you ever do is post about what I lack instead of posting about the actual Case Maker at hand. I've never EVER said anything bad about your PWLib, and yet you keep complaining about how I don't respect anyone! JESUS.

GUYS, SERIOUSLY. I'm producing this at my own speed, my dedication to this isn't at full due to the fact that I'm working on other COMMERCIAL projects, not only that, but has just gone through graduation and I'm now visiting a friend for the rest summer in an entirely different country. Currently I'm trying to LIVE my life by doing what everyone should be doing in the summer, having fun. I'm to turn 18, and we're gonna throw a major party. I won't let myself work on Case Maker 3 all night that day, that's just not the way I do things!

But YES, there WILL be a Case Maker 3 release on the end of the summer, WHICH MEANS AROUND AUGUST.

Seriously guys, I feel sorry for having to take such a major offensive turn of event, and I feel like this topic has been nothing but KSA_Tech or others trying to start an E-Drama, where I have politely ignoring them, or taking it politely.
I want you guys to keep on topic, ask questions about the Case Maker, and I'll answer them as soon as possible. And for now, wait for August. It won't be too long.

You've got to admit you kind of brought it on yourself though, by abandoning CM2.1 and then disappearing for long periods of time without so much as a "I won't be on for a while" post. These things don't mix well.

You know you're wrong so just leave it alone and stop provoking
He's back now so there's no need to argue
ImageHell yeah! Moon walk!
How lame

Well, since you want to play that way, I'll have to hack it anyway. You don't want to be helpful, I'll have to play it my way.

It is possible to convert from formats (more like CMx.x stuff to others is not impossible, since it is fixed formatted).

Well, because casemaker conversion may be good? Well, AIGEdit will be able to import from other cms and then export to other cms. I was thinking on making an output to PyWright and other cms as basic (aside from PWLib). Since you're not helpful, I'll drop CMx.x output.

External source <--> AIGEdit Internal Format <--> AHLSL/PyWright/etc

Why be so reluctant about it? Are you scared to lose CM users to other casemakers?

PWLib Casemaker (Version 1.1) at http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=8788

Last edited by KSA_Tech on Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

^ Ji Hye Jang

What he's basically saying is he's developing a tool which can create sprites in the format of any casemaker, including PWLib. So it's not really anything PWLib-specific at all.
Proud creator of the first released PWLib-made fangame! ^_^

Sprites and complete case code. An Editor.

:hobohodo:

Kinda new to the whole casemaker scene, but its good to see Mecha is at work on CM3 when he has time.

Obviously these other people seem to have a point to make, but really it just makes you guys looks like huge jerks with the way you go about it. A certain member's whole passive-aggressive thing has been pretty funny. Others just seem to be here for the sole purpose of stirring up trouble, and honestly... its quite annoying.

Well, here's an idea. How about everyone that wants to talk about CaseMaker 3 and its possibilities stays and posts here in this topic and everyone that has a problem with Mecha or the way he handled CM2.0-2.1 exchange e-mails and you can all hold a private pity party, because frankly the rest of us don't care.

Incidentally, aren't there any mods for this sub forum?

I may or may not be here.

KSA_Tech wrote:
Well, since you want to play that way, I'll have to hack it anyway. You don't want to be helpful, I'll have to play it my way.

OK... now this isn't good...

KSA, it's obvious that he isn't going to/can't share it with you, it's no big deal, drop it.
I know you want to try to bring the case makers together but this isn't the way to go about it.
And frankly, I'm with Mecha on this, if it was me I wouldn't want to share either.

This is something he had to work hard for when he could find time to work on it, and you want him to just hand it over?

And I don't think you even want to get into hacking it. That would probably just cause more trouble.
And what's the point? If someone is gonna have their preference of case making programs why go through all the trouble to convert it to something else?

There's my 2 bits.
I think everyone needs to just chillax and move on.

So how are things looking with CM3 Mecha?
ImageImage

Well, it's integration. Sooner or later, it will happen. KK shared his format, proving he is a nice guy. The idea is to make a global editor.

The format of the project file isn't something that "worked too much". Anyway, I'll sit and learn a bit. :keiko:

Edit: initially i'll do it in closed quarters, no part of PWLib Xtension of AIGEdit.

machinimator

Donald Serrot wrote:
This is something he had to work hard for when he could find time to work on it, and you want him to just hand it over?

Um...yup? That's generally how coded-for-fun projects go. Ever been to a place called SourceForge.net? It's not exactly "giving it up" anyway, as it just means other people can see how it's made.

What's going on here is the equivalent of OpenOffice declaring that its .odt format works in a completely different way from Microsoft Word, and thus the two could never be converted to one another, and thus OpenOffice solely supports .odt. There could be any number of reasons for someone to convert, for example they want to see if one casemaker is easier, or can do more, etc.

For the record, Mecha, I do plan on (at some point) giving out the source code for my Flash casemaker.
I'm gone for so long, and the colors got all psychedelic! Woohoo!

My thoughts exactly, Katana.

So, Mecha, what will it be?

I never said I wasn't pleased of the idea, but I see no idea in starting such a project since your project and CM3 work in completely different ways. As in, CM3 pre-sets locations, splitting up actions between them. As far as I understand, PWlib sets these things through lines of code, which makes it almost impossible to convert one thing to another.
If you could prove it possible in some way, then sure, that'd be really cool. But unfortunately I don't see that happening.

As for hackin the .cm3 format, then I'm sorry, but it's encrypted.

Well, well, Now that I was thinking, why I would need to use cm3 files, if the character base is growing and gif loading will be a part of AIGE core? If you want to play that way, I'll digress and set it as a anti-integration act (not that I care as AIGE's Instant Include System does that with full control).

Impossible, you say? Well, I don't think you are a real programmer after all to think that way. I'm currently working on the CM20 Reader, and all I can say is that some parsing will do the trick. If you really want to be a nice guy, you could help me with conversion matters (so the thing you built won't go public). I really don't want to see CM core, only be able to read from CM editor script files, and write to them. The idea is to be able to import and export editor (project) files, not compiled cases.

A PWLib-man-coded script is virtually impossible to convert to other CMs since AHLSL is a real programming language, not just a set of specific commands like CM is for example.

You don't know the power of AIGE, don't underestimate it. "Differently" is not quite it.

I used to respect you when I saw CM2.0, but not I feel I was wrong. :lana:

That's why I hate "programmers": they just drag and drop. No real mindstorming, no real workout. It's like cheating. And they say things are impossible even before trying... (that's the definition of "programmers" in the end) :yuusaku:

Last edited by KSA_Tech on Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Yo Dawg!

MechaBowser wrote:
If you could prove it possible in some way, then sure, that'd be really cool.

KSA hes giving you a chance, why dont you just take it?

In the end, I'll initially simply do an internal CM 2.0 (possibly 2.1) conversor (non-public at first stages).

I indeed don't care about compiled cases, since I don't like MMF2 and don't want to sit and try to convert from an exe file. It's just not "logical".
Let's say I release the CM2.0 to AIGEdit conversor, you would still need CM 2.x editor to compile to a case. PWLib Xtension would only allow creation of the script, not real compiling (as that does not concern me). And there is always other ways to make a conversor, not just the script file.

Basically, Mecha beeing a nice guy or not, it in the end doesn't change much the boat on my side (but helps a lot, of course!). All I can say is that he learns to listen to people and just not go on a "hey, I won't!" like if someone is going to steal the candy. All other casemakers will be open if not fully, but CM is goign to be closed as hell. That means that Mecha is scared ot losing users even with a small file format release? I don't know. All I want is to provide a certain integration, but that won't change the way the casemakers are (neither its users).

A central, unified code allows conversion to any formats easily. That is the main idea behind it. Some casemakers can be converted to this "interal format" without a sweat since they contain a set of commands, a simple one. They aren't real programming languages (like AHLSL, Python, etc), so it makes the readout possible.

We should think it and try to be nice and sound with such idea. There is no loss on that way of thinking.

OK, i'll prove it is possible with CM 2.x. If we can do some integration on a editor, it would be nice.

:maya:

Edit: Character, Evidence and Background parsing working.

Maybe I'm paranoid or something, but it almost sounds to me as if you all wanted him not to come back on that topic...
Ace Attorney Online - Online trial creator and international Ace Attorney community.
AAO Deutsche version : AAO German section now open !

Quote:
That means that Mecha is scared ot losing users even with a small file format release?

KSA: For 2.1 and 2.0 at least, all the case data (sprites, script, everything) is stored in .txt files in the "Projects" folder. Each actionblock is stored in about 3 different formats (Ex: ActionlistBGDetention Center.txt, ActionlistBGDetention CenterH.txt, and STUFF.lua which contains everything), so you just choose which one's the easiest to parse and make a converter. No source code needed.

Quote:
PWlib sets these things through lines of code, which makes it almost impossible to convert one thing to another.

CM2.1 Code:
Code:
character("Gumshoe","Smile",0,0)
message("Yeah! You really showed 'em!","Gumshoe",6,"talking")
endmessage()

Equivilant PWLib Code: (feel free to correct me on this, KSA)
Code:
runscript("enablegumshoesmile");
runscript("setnameboxtogumshoe");
runsctipt("setlipstochar");
message("Yeah! You really showed 'em!");

It's not like your casemaker language is completely different from every single conventional programming language out there, Mecha... it uses lines. It has if-then statements. It has commands. Paramaters can be given to those commands. And the file format that cases are stored in are easy to parse. A converter would be a bit difficult, but definitely extremely possible.

Quote:
due to the fact that I'm working on other COMMERCIAL projects

You know, I've always wondered..... you've actually said this a couple of times, Mecha. What commercial projects are you involved in?

And lastly..... Mecha, PLEASE tell us when you'll leave. I don't think your friend will get mad at you for wanting to use the computer for 5 minutes to say goodbye to us. I mean, I know we're all psychos, but I think we deserve at least this much. (Besides, as you can see, we all go insane when you don't say goodbye. I mean, look at what happened to DDRKhat.... *shudder* I hope I don't end up like him....)

I'm already working over the text source code, it is midway to 0.1 (simple conversion, no if).

Mecha's CM language is a statement/command system, simple and static (predictable behavior), so conversion is relatively simple in some cases. AHLSL is a real language so its behavior can't be predicted (not even close as easily as CM's, that is).

So, it seems someone else is starting to think like me.

I may have a CM2PWLib 0.1 today.

The best damn attorney you'll ever know

wow... theres a lot of fighting here...

Why are you people fighting? If your good at using CM2 or 2.1 why bother him about CM3? he is just trying to make it easier to use and thats all. Just give up on fighting, you'll get your CM3 next month

Mwahahahaha... I know you too well...

Deviant art I have barely any watchers so some people actually looking at my stuff would be nice.

PWLib / AIGE developer

BigFish wrote:
Quote:
(Besides, as you can see, we all go insane when you don't say goodbye. I mean, look at what happened to DDRKhat.... *shudder* I hope I don't end up like him....)
Wow, you really were ticked about the fake case maker huh? I was going to refrain from posting in this topic again...

Insane? Hardly. I am trying to prove a point, it's not my fault if you're not getting this point, KSA_Tech, Evil Lord Canas, and a few others have all understood what I was trying to get at. Anyway I'm seriously not posting in this topic anymore. I've said my piece. I'm going to do something more beneficial with my time and continue the German -> English translation.
If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything!
"(Not)Guilty" for PWLib | Emergency Case Selection Fixes
Case 1-1 for PWLib | Pearl

machinimator

Let's start a pool. $20 says he's back within 20 posts.
I'm gone for so long, and the colors got all psychedelic! Woohoo!

Or by PWLib 1.0b release.

End Quote.

Why is everyone still posting? Just let the topic go to the bottom of the pile until he has an update.
ImageImage

^ Ji Hye Jang

Because if we don't give him the attention, he won't bother making "updates". >_>

Lee Ji Hoon wrote:
Because if we don't give him the attention, he won't bother making "updates". >_>

Actually, just the opposite, If this topic dies then he'll have to come in and rescue it.
You wouldn't want something you worked on (like my CR WoW guild) to become forgotten would you?
So if we stop posting he'll have to post something to save the topic.
So go do something else for a while and see how long it takes Mecha to realize his topic is in danger. =P
ImageImage

I think that with the way he acts with his ghost behavior, that is what he wants to happen.

A topic is in danger if the author fades in existence, or starts fighting (CM 2.1 was a good example. Even earned a locked).

KSA_Tech, you're really getting on my nerves now. You're not only claiming that I'm no real programmer, but you're also disrespecting the tools I use as for the methods I'm using. Whenever or not I want to cooperate in your little conversion project has nothing to do with the CM3 standards, or effects CM3 in any way. Why is it that you feel like having a constant need to attack me in any way? Seriously, I haven't done you anything and yet you keep it going, are you feeling threatened? Seriously, you guys should focus less on the personal aspects and more on the project at hand. This topic is here so you can post suggestions and things you would like to see, and asking questions. CM3 is not complete, and that means that the current Case Maker is 2.1, until then, CM3 is just an idea.

KSA_Tech, you keep making up these offends for no appearent reason, and appearently you want me to fight back. However it takes two to make up a drama, and I'm not gonna enter it. Keep focus on CM3 and all personal assaults can go through the PM system.

THANK YOU

Well, what can I say. It gets your nerves since you care for what I say.

If you did really had confidence in your programming skills you wouldn't complain.
I think using MMF2 indeed doesn't make a programmer a real one (for engine development). You get all things as plugins, so you only need to assemble the engine. You may have hard parts, but nothing compared to indeed developing the engine from scratch. (That's my opinion, but hardly the real reason).

But aside form that, what indeed i dislike about you is that it feels like you don't CARE about your users. You're hardly online on CR. You didn't even care about your users when you "got bored" and left CM 2.1 incomplete. I had a lot of moments I wanted to stop pwlib, but I thought about one simple thing: I announced an engine, made people get hopes in it, so I wouldn't ever abandon it because I "got bored". It is honorable to at least give some words to those who seek you and smile at the project you assemble. From all facts that I've seen, you were totally dishonorable in that idea to me. I recall the honorable KanadaKid who was man enough to say "i'll put it on hold".
And before saying "i have a commercial project" or "I have a life!", I say that it isn't an impediment because I work, have university to take care of and still I give users support, and works on AIGE and PWLib.

Also not to mention the curious events that you appeared just as PWLib was released. It wasn't coincidence, because twice it not possible. I could say you were indirectly trying to mine PWLib with that.

Also, interestingly, I'm good friends with all other programmers. WHY is that? saluk, KanadaKid, etc. They can develop casemakers that turn into competitors to PWLib, but I smile at them and even help them when asked.

KSA Technology: Technology, Quality, Respect.

Man, I need to ignore you and clam down at least for tomorrow. Tomorrow is my b-day and I don't want to get out of the good mood. I don't want to be an Ema Skye in my important day...

:yummy:

*sigh* And, on that note, I'll repost:

Quote:
due to the fact that I'm working on other COMMERCIAL projects

You know, I've always wondered..... you've actually said this a couple of times, Mecha. What commercial projects are you involved in?

That's the ONLY question I have to ask you, Mecha. Come on. Answer it. :edgeworth:

Yo Dawg!

KSA_Tech wrote:
I think using MMF2 indeed doesn't make a programmer a real one

I resent that.

In engine development, no way.

Real programmers sit and do from the core. You still use MMF2's features. But it doesn't mean MMF2 only users can not be good programmers. It's like VB.NET programmers.

Yo Dawg!

Well I use mmf2 and vb.net. I dont see vb.net different from any other programming language Ive used. Ive written programs in vb.net WITHOUT using any of the activeX controls. Shit, Ive even written my own controls for my own apps. I believe its the same for mmf2. You given nothing but a clean slate to start with. And from that you can do whatever with it. MMF2 may have plugins and such, but you still got to tell them what to do and what not. So you have to start from scratch in MMF2. telling everything what to do is about the same as coding.

I said .NET because of the controls, not because of VB.

The stuff with MMF2 is that you have PLUGINS. I want to play a video, I use a damn plugin, no need to BIULD the video class from zero. That's my point.

*angry face*
KSA, please just give it up!
You think you are trying to do something good but you're not!
All you are doing is making yourself look bad.
And in the end that's gonna hurt you.
Let Mecha make his case maker his way and you make yours your way.
Did you ever think that he doesn't come around that much because he doesn't want to face a battle every time he's on?
Because that is what I've seen every time. I wouldn't come on if everything was a battle.
So kindly STFU and go work on your case maker, it would be better to spend time on that than to cause trouble.

I personally don't have a problem with either of you.
I don't want any hostility, I just want a case maker that I can use. A simple one that makes things easy for me.
I'm excited for August to come, not just because my grandma will finally be moving into her own place giving me peace and quiet, but because a case maker that I should be able to use will finally be coming out!

So stop the fighting, get over yourselves, and move on. AND I MEAN ALL OF US!

*happy face*
So Mecha, how are things looking?
Were you able to work in a section previewer?
I was wondering if there was a way to add something.
I know you cant make it so that it reads the built in frame speeds for sprites, but maybe you could add an optional thing to set each frame's speeds in the maker itself.
This is what I was thinking.
You have the sprite window open, it has whatever basic controls you would need to set to make the sprite work.
In this window would also be a button for extra sprite controls or something like that.
In the extra controls window you would see each frame of the sprite with text boxes for each one and maybe a preview of the animation itself.
You could then put a speed for each frame if you so wished and you could tinker with it untill the preview was to your liking.

If you could make something like that I know there would be lots of grateful spriters. =)
ImageImage

^ Ji Hye Jang

I am gonna have to take Mecha's side on this one, KSA... I see no reason why MMF2 is any less valid.
You still do work on putting together a program, with an end result of whatever you wanted to create. You just got there a different way.
Would you say people who program in BASIC aren't real programmers, just because it's a whole lot easier than C++? -_-"

Yo Dawg!

Thats what I was trying to say. Just because it dont involve no code doesnt make it anything less than a coding language. Just cause you design things visually doesnt make it any less productive (I think I used the right word).

^ Ji Hye Jang

It does involve code, in a way. The event editor is just like code, only instead of typing the commands in, you select them from lists.
Page 8 of 10 [ 398 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Games