Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 1 of 2[ 78 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 


Von Karma: Corrupt Attorney (Case 1 Part 1 Released)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Location: North America

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:02 am

Posts: 295

Link to the AAO Trial: Trial Part 1 available now!

Plot:
Prosecutor Manfred von Karma has decided to take on the great challenge of cleaning up the most corrupt judicial district in 1980. The courts are controlled by a gang that specializes in forgery, bribery, and strong-arming witnesses and which only seems to help defense attorneys. Von Karma is intent on keeping his perfect conviction record, while dealing with the incompetence of the police force and the people who are out to stop him.

Rookie Court: Von Karma, new to the district, prosecutes his first case there, with the really not valuable help of Nejira, a senior prosecutor. The odds are stacked against him, as he has virtually no evidence, and the police don't seem to know what happened at all. Fortunately, both the judge and the defense attorney are new, so they should be easy to push around...

Kangaroo Court: After hours at the local zoo, a security guard finds the zoo's manager holding a gun next to a dead body. Prosecutor von Karma is called away from his "vacation" with his older brother visiting from Germany to take the case. Although it seems simple at first, as zoo animals eat up the evidence and the witnesses become increasingly uncooperative, von Karma has to employ the expert forging skills of his colleague, Nejira, in order to make his case against a defense attorney intent on keeping her perfect win record!

Jedi Court: A murder occurs at a sci-fi convention. Nejira originally takes the case, but calls in Manfred when she finds out that his old foe Esmeralda is the defense attorney, having been a convention attendee herself.

Case 4: Details to be released. The some of the events of this case will depend on the player's actions in the earlier cases, not just in what evidence the player presents/forges, but also in exchanges with other characters while in investigation, etc.

Spoiler: Character Descriptions
Manfred von Karma (Age 28) - A prosecutor who refuses to lose. His ultimate goal is total perfection, but his coworkers seem determined to mess that up for him. It's a wonder he has any friends.

Nejira Ochirbal (Age 31) - A senior prosecutor at the prosecutor's office. She is terribly inept and frequently loses key evidence. However, she is a master of forgery and can easily re-create anything lost or destroyed...or that may not have been there in the first place. She is very laid-back and easy going, and doesn't seem to mind that her record in court is atrocious.

Esmeralda Diamond (Age 25) - A ferocious, hyper-competitive defense attorney at a big law firm. Like Manfred, she is willing to win her case at all costs. She tends towards melodrama in her courtroom demeanor. She is a sci-fi fanatic, as well.

Ludmilla "Lulu" Strauss (Age 27) - Manfred's socialite girlfriend. She comes to many of his trials to cheer him on. She is very thoughtful and kind, and doesn't mind how much time Manfred spends on his trials.

Marvin Grossberg (Age 27) - A food-loving defense attorney. He is often ill at ease in court, but does have good argumentative skills and the ability to pull contradictory evidence out of a hat. He is suspected of connections with the secret group that is corrupting the court system, but his general incompetence and his misfortune in having to face Manfred in court tends to outweigh any advantages that they can give him.

Damon Gant (Age 29) - A detective for the police department. He is generally jovial and gregarious, and loves to swim. He is, despite his attitude, a very competent detective. However, he is not above corruption or bribery, and is not always a reliable source of information for lawyers on either side of the court.

Utgang von Karma (Age 31) - Manfred's older brother and a wealthy steel magnate. He lives in West Germany, but visits Manfred frequently. He is a lover of practical jokes and cheesy joke items, and is rarely, if ever, seen without his pair of Groucho glasses.

Spoiler: Scribbly/sketchy original character art
Nejira from the shoulders up (b&w)
Image

Esmeralda (color)
Image

Status:
Case 1 programming and dialogue nearly complete in Ace Attorney Online. Will be re-programmed in a casemaker (probably LuAA, though that's subject to change) following a revamp.

Script: Case 1 nearly complete in initial form, but will probably be re-written to be cleaner and more tutorial-like. Other cases are only in basic outline form.

Sprites: Basic sprites for major characters complete; more poses needed & several need improvement. No minor/secondary characters have sprites yet.

Art/Backgrounds: None made yet, save for some concept sketches (below).


Last edited by Lynx on Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:57 am, edited 6 times in total.
Re: Von Karma: Corrupt AttorneyTopic%20Title
User avatar

^ Ji Hye Jang

Gender: None specified

Location: Your mom

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:16 am

Posts: 535

Sounds pretty fun. ^^

One question though: Why a homicide detective in a robbery case?
Proud creator of the first released PWLib-made fangame! ^_^
Re: Von Karma: Corrupt AttorneyTopic%20Title
User avatar

AIGE/PWLib Casemaker Developer

Gender: Male

Location: Brazil

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:38 am

Posts: 2731

Hmmm, the drawing part is something not supported by pwlib yet, still I can add something like that (it was a good idea, actually).

The robbery case can have a murder too to fix it up that issue.
PWLib 1.2 Under Development

PWLib Casemaker (Version 1.1) at http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=8788
Re: Von Karma: Corrupt AttorneyTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Location: North America

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:02 am

Posts: 295

Lee Ji Hoon wrote:
Sounds pretty fun. ^^

One question though: Why a homicide detective in a robbery case?


Because it was late and I was senile.
Gant's not a homicide detective yet, he gets promoted after the case. :gant:
Re: Von Karma: Corrupt AttorneyTopic%20Title
User avatar

Pleeaase don't hurt me.

Gender: Male

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:16 pm

Posts: 225

I definitely can't do sprites or coding but I consider myself a decent writer. maybe beta testing?
Image
Thanks Elriel for the sig!
Re: Von Karma: Corrupt AttorneyTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Location: North America

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:02 am

Posts: 295

KSA_Tech wrote:
Hmmm, the drawing part is something not supported by pwlib yet, still I can add something like that (it was a good idea, actually).

The robbery case can have a murder too to fix it up that issue.


That would be cool! Although, perhaps, difficult? I am not a particularly skilled programmer, so I wouldn't know. Maybe not in the first release or something. I'm not sure how that'd work on the computer, but I'm ultimately hoping to get this into a form that I could load onto a DS storage card anyways.

FlashPoint wrote:
I definitely can't do sprites or coding but I consider myself a decent writer. maybe beta testing?

Sure! Thanks!
Re: Von Karma: Corrupt AttorneyTopic%20Title
User avatar

AIGE/PWLib Casemaker Developer

Gender: Male

Location: Brazil

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:38 am

Posts: 2731

It won't be hard to use.

i'll make a command like "painttexturepoint" (it paints a color on a point of the texture) that runs on a click command. I'll make a base so it will be just "use", it will be a breeze to use.

For some more "hard", inside code:
Code:
//Init
loadtexture(4000,"any texture");
processtexture(4000,0,"removealldata");

//Preprocess (creating a new evidence)
processtexture(4000,0,"removealldata");

//the click
[evidencecreateclick]
//get mouse x,y
//check for limits and define final points (just a bunch of ifs)
//paint point with a white color, the one the mouse is over
painttexturepoint([x],[y],4000,255,255,255,255);


It will have an easy 1/2 commands interface for easy use, so don't worry. :will: :will:
PWLib 1.2 Under Development

PWLib Casemaker (Version 1.1) at http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=8788
Re: Von Karma: Corrupt AttorneyTopic%20Title
User avatar

Oh hey, I object.

Gender: Male

Location: Montevideo, UY

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:20 am

Posts: 57

Make last case DL-6 and get touched by Gregory then kill him. NICE.
And Grossberg's objection voice and pointing finger is gonna be a bit difficult to pull out. (And imagine.)
Re: Von Karma: Corrupt AttorneyTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Location: North America

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:02 am

Posts: 295

Zero Ziat wrote:
Make last case DL-6 and get touched by Gregory then kill him. NICE.
And Grossberg's objection voice and pointing finger is gonna be a bit difficult to pull out. (And imagine.)


Haha I am definitely planning that for the follow-up game (whenever I get through this one...) though I thought that might be a kind of depressing ending. :gregory: But that's an awesome setup right there :D

I hadn't even though of Grossberg's "Objection" voice! And VK himself probably sounded pretty different ~35 years ago, too. And he needs a "Hold It" and a "Take That!" I might need to get some recordings. :keiko:
Re: Von Karma: Corrupt AttorneyTopic%20Title
User avatar

A.K.A Very Melon

Gender: Male

Location: Finland, North Europe

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:51 am

Posts: 1047

Sounds evil! :karma:
Beta-testing. I don't know how to use PWLib :0D
Image
Spoiler: StepMania vids
Re: Von Karma: Corrupt AttorneyTopic%20Title
User avatar

A.K.A Very Melon

Gender: Male

Location: Finland, North Europe

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:51 am

Posts: 1047

I'd imagine Grossberg would have a higher voice than others but not as high as Paynes :payne:
Image
Spoiler: StepMania vids


Last edited by Steel Samurai on Fri May 02, 2008 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Von Karma: Corrupt AttorneyTopic%20Title
User avatar

machinimator

Gender: Male

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:24 pm

Posts: 606

When you say "DL-6" do you mean the trial that occurred on that day, or the trial of Yanni Yogi? It would probably be the former, as VK was on vacation for a long time afterwards. It would be pretty interesting to have the chief prosecutor stand next to you and penalize you herself. (I'm pretty sure it couldn't have been Lana, but from the blip noise, I could tell it was a woman)

Of course, you realize that any penalties at all would make the game non-canon? That'll be pretty difficult to work around...
I'm gone for so long, and the colors got all psychedelic! Woohoo!
Re: Von Karma: Corrupt AttorneyTopic%20Title
User avatar

Oh hey, I object.

Gender: Male

Location: Montevideo, UY

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:20 am

Posts: 57

Yes, yes I do.
Re: Von Karma: Corrupt AttorneyTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Location: North America

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:02 am

Posts: 295

Katana wrote:
When you say "DL-6" do you mean the trial that occurred on that day, or the trial of Yanni Yogi? It would probably be the former, as VK was on vacation for a long time afterwards. It would be pretty interesting to have the chief prosecutor stand next to you and penalize you herself. (I'm pretty sure it couldn't have been Lana, but from the blip noise, I could tell it was a woman)

Of course, you realize that any penalties at all would make the game non-canon? That'll be pretty difficult to work around...


Chief Prosecutor's actually a man. Maybe it was Payne, with his high voice. :payne: Ripped from script:
Karma: Mr. Chief Prosecutor... I am sorry.

Also, his health bar will be the judge's opinion of his case. It won't be how many penalties he's gotten. Otherwise, no, it wouldn't make sense.

And I understood ZZ to mean the case that brought about DL-6 (where VK was penalized). Yanni Yogi went free, anyways, so you know VK had nothing to do with that one.
Re: Von Karma: Corrupt AttorneyTopic%20Title
User avatar

AIGE/PWLib Casemaker Developer

Gender: Male

Location: Brazil

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:38 am

Posts: 2731

Yo Lynx, I just finished that command i promised. :keiko: :keiko:

Here is an example of it in action:

Image
PWLib 1.2 Under Development

PWLib Casemaker (Version 1.1) at http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=8788
Re: Von Karma: Corrupt AttorneyTopic%20Title
User avatar

Super Ace Attorney

Gender: Male

Location: USA

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:33 pm

Posts: 968

1 suggestion, don't make the judge look younger, he never aged between PW:AA & AJ:AA, it's like one of his character traits that he never ages.
Jesus is Lord.

Death Note is awesome.

"No, this is a reasonable discussion about pillow humping." -Tinker
Re: Von Karma: Corrupt AttorneyTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Location: North America

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:02 am

Posts: 295

KSA, that looks AWESOME! I'm really excited!! :redd:
Re: Von Karma: Corrupt AttorneyTopic%20Title
User avatar

Pleeaase don't hurt me.

Gender: Male

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:16 pm

Posts: 225

So when you said

Quote:
And he needs a "Hold It" and a "Take That!" I might need to get some recordings.


Are you refering to Grossberg or Von Karma? Anyway, which part do I get? Or maybe... both! :payne:
Image
Thanks Elriel for the sig!
Re: Von Karma: Corrupt AttorneyTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Location: North America

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:02 am

Posts: 295

FlashPoint wrote:
So when you said

Quote:
And he needs a "Hold It" and a "Take That!" I might need to get some recordings.


Are you refering to Grossberg or Von Karma? Anyway, which part do I get? Or maybe... both! :payne:


I was talking about Von Karma. :karma:
So far, nobody else's offered, so I may take you up on that! Send me a voice clip, if you're interested. Thanks for the help~! :edgy:
Re: Von Karma: Corrupt AttorneyTopic%20Title
User avatar

Pleeaase don't hurt me.

Gender: Male

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:16 pm

Posts: 225

Quote:
I was talking about Von Karma. :karma:
So far, nobody else's offered, so I may take you up on that! Send me a voice clip, if you're interested. Thanks for the help~! :edgy:


No way am I doing a voice clip! But just out of interest, why does Von Karma need a take that or hold it? I thought he was a prosecutor.
Image
Thanks Elriel for the sig!
Re: Von Karma: Corrupt AttorneyTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Location: North America

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:02 am

Posts: 295

FlashPoint wrote:
Quote:
I was talking about Von Karma. :karma:
So far, nobody else's offered, so I may take you up on that! Send me a voice clip, if you're interested. Thanks for the help~! :edgy:


No way am I doing a voice clip! But just out of interest, why does Von Karma need a take that or hold it? I thought he was a prosecutor.

I guess I misinterpreted your question of "what part do I get" as "who can I voice".

And VK needs Hold It/Take That because he's going to cross-examine witnesses.
Re: Von Karma: Corrupt AttorneyTopic%20Title
User avatar

Pleeaase don't hurt me.

Gender: Male

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:16 pm

Posts: 225

Ok, so it's using a older court system? That would explain it. (The prosecutor cross examining)
Image
Thanks Elriel for the sig!
Re: Von Karma: Corrupt AttorneyTopic%20Title
User avatar

Oh hey, I object.

Gender: Male

Location: Montevideo, UY

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:20 am

Posts: 57

No, it's not an older court system, the prosecution can also cross-examine, it just doesn't happen in these games.

Last edited by Zero Ziat on Wed May 14, 2008 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Von Karma: Corrupt AttorneyTopic%20Title
User avatar

machinimator

Gender: Male

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:24 pm

Posts: 606

Prosecution's cross-examination doesn't need too much explaining. I remember an Ace Attorney Online game that went something like this.

Kristoph: If your witness is not present, Mr. Edgeworth, I'd like to call one of my own. Witness, take the stand!
Witness: (gives statement)
Judge: Very well. Mr. Gavin, your cross-examination?
Kristoph: I'm not sure that's necessary, your honor. I see no room for error in his statements.
Edgeworth: OBJECTION! Your honor, if the defense will not cross-examine, then I have a few questions for him.
Judge: Well, I suppose that would make sense, seeing as it is Mr. Gavin's witness.

Sure, it breaks game mechanics a little bit, but the game mechanics themselves break a standard court system. (obviously, in a real court, both sides question the witness)
I'm gone for so long, and the colors got all psychedelic! Woohoo!
Re: Von Karma: Corrupt AttorneyTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Location: North America

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:02 am

Posts: 295

I actually added a decent amount of information to the Wiki page. Check it out here:
http://casemakers.wiki-site.com/index.php/Von_Karma:_Corrupt_Attorney

The reason there are no pics for Gant and Manfred is because I'm unhappy with how my images for them look currently, so I'm not going to put them up until they're at least decent. I have an ok Gant and a failed VK, but they're probably not close to their final version. I don't like what Esmerelda's wearing, either, but I'm not sure what to change it to, so for now, that's what she's got. Also, something about Nejira's eyes is bugging me, but I'm not sure what that is, either. Meh.

I'd love any feedback, just based on how the game sounds right now.
Also, I'm taking last name suggestions for Esmerelda and Lulu right now, because I don't really have any attachment to the ones that are there and don't particularly like them. Especially Essie's.
And, of course, any other suggestions are welcomed.

ETA: I just remembered, I'd also take suggestions for the name of the evil gang people. :P Right now, their working name is "W." There's no real reason, so I'm still looking for a name that makes more sense ^^ The reason I picked W is because I had an idea that anyone who's in the gang would have a badge with a W on it, and it'd look kinda cool with W :keiko:


Last edited by Lynx on Mon May 12, 2008 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Von Karma: Corrupt AttorneyTopic%20Title
User avatar

Oh hey, I object.

Gender: Male

Location: Montevideo, UY

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:20 am

Posts: 57

About 'Esmerelda'... If you are expectating the spanish word for 'emerald' you gonna need to switch it to 'Esmeralda', just a heads up.
Re: Von Karma: Corrupt AttorneyTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Location: North America

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:02 am

Posts: 295

Zero Ziat wrote:
About 'Esmerelda'... If you are expectating the spanish word for 'emerald' you gonna need to switch it to 'Esmeralda', just a heads up.

Perfectly aware of that. I just liked the "e" better. But thanks for the tip!
Re: Von Karma: Corrupt AttorneyTopic%20Title
User avatar

Pleeaase don't hurt me.

Gender: Male

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:16 pm

Posts: 225

Nice work on the sprites, although Image is a bit weird. Maybe the eyes/mouth. Just out of interest, how much % till completion would you say VK:CA is?

EDIT: Gang member = wocky? :takita:
Image
Thanks Elriel for the sig!
Re: Von Karma: Corrupt AttorneyTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Location: North America

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:02 am

Posts: 295

FlashPoint wrote:
Nice work on the sprites, although Image is a bit weird. Maybe the eyes/mouth. Just out of interest, how much % till completion would you say VK:CA is?

EDIT: Gang member = wocky? :takita:


Your image didn't show up, but based on your comments, I'm guessing it's Nejira. She looks crosseyed :X I decided to let it be, because I didn't know exactly what the problem was and all my attempts to rectify it met with failure. But I hadn't thought about the mouth being a problem before. I could mess with that and see if it helps.
(actually, I now notice when quoting that it's Lulu. She still needs editing, anyways. Her eyes are supposed to be a little more like Regina's than Iris's, and I changed her nose in the most recent version of her.)

The gang ("W") is a group of people who forge evidence, bribe judges, and threaten witnesses to rig the courts in favor of the defendants. They're the main antagonists of this game (it's like AJ and PW:T+T where there's an overarching plot). They're mentioned in every case, but are central to cases 2 and 4.

Edit: Oh, I missed the question about completion.
Here's the problem: there are 2 levels of "done." One means I can release a functional version that is simply playable. Then there is TRULY done, when all the characters have all of their poses and look like themselves etc.
As it stands, I have no programming (waiting for PWLib), so I'm obviously not far there. Script for case 1 is about 40%, maybe? And sprites are mostly existant but 1) not optimal and 2) without enough poses. I haven't made the defendant yet, but that's because he's not all that important/I don't care how he looks :P. I have a very vague idea of what happened in most of the other cases (though I keep letting my ideas become stupid and creepy while I mull them over), and know who a good number of the involved characters are.
Buuut, since there are 4 cases and I'm not even done with one of them, I'd guess I'm at 3-4%. WOO!


Last edited by Lynx on Mon May 12, 2008 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Von Karma: Corrupt AttorneyTopic%20Title
User avatar

Don't mess.

Gender: Male

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 12:08 am

Posts: 86

Certainly looks interesting.

How about the 'Whacks'? You know, slang for killing someone.

Warrs
Wayn
Waqs
Wexes
Welch(es)
Wey
Wharn
Whinn
Whyrn
Wix
Winter-[somethings]
Wim
Worrn
Wox
Wovers
Wreels
Wray (Stay out of our way and out of the fray :D)
Wrive
Wurms
Wurve
Wuze
Wyrl
W(h)ym
Wyd

Edit:

Wrigs
Wruins
Pick some R word with a negative connotation and throw a 'w' in front...

Anything appeal to you?
Image
Re: Von Karma: Corrupt AttorneyTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Location: North America

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:02 am

Posts: 295

Whoa, Ollie...that was hardcore.
um anyways
I like the last two you came up with, those are clever :keiko:
I also kind of like Whym/Wym. Especially 'cause there are a lot of women in the group. XD
It would also be kind of like them to just have a name that has no point except to be artistic-ish. Like just naming themselves "Winter" for absolutely no good reason. Also ironic 'cause this game spans March-October (no winter cases :gant: )

Thanks so much!
Re: Von Karma: Corrupt AttorneyTopic%20Title
User avatar

Pleeaase don't hurt me.

Gender: Male

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:16 pm

Posts: 225

Lynx wrote:
FlashPoint wrote:
Nice work on the sprites, although Image is a bit weird. Maybe the eyes/mouth. Just out of interest, how much % till completion would you say VK:CA is?

EDIT: Gang member = wocky? :takita:


Your image didn't show up, but based on your comments, I'm guessing it's Nejira. She looks crosseyed :X I decided to let it be, because I didn't know exactly what the problem was and all my attempts to rectify it met with failure. But I hadn't thought about the mouth being a problem before. I could mess with that and see if it helps.
(actually, I now notice when quoting that it's Lulu. She still needs editing, anyways. Her eyes are supposed to be a little more like Regina's than Iris's, and I changed her nose in the most recent version of her.)

The gang ("W") is a group of people who forge evidence, bribe judges, and threaten witnesses to rig the courts in favor of the defendants. They're the main antagonists of this game (it's like AJ and PW:T+T where there's an overarching plot). They're mentioned in every case, but are central to cases 2 and 4.

Edit: Oh, I missed the question about completion.
Here's the problem: there are 2 levels of "done." One means I can release a functional version that is simply playable. Then there is TRULY done, when all the characters have all of their poses and look like themselves etc.
As it stands, I have no programming (waiting for PWLib), so I'm obviously not far there. Script for case 1 is about 40%, maybe? And sprites are mostly existant but 1) not optimal and 2) without enough poses. I haven't made the defendant yet, but that's because he's not all that important/I don't care how he looks :P. I have a very vague idea of what happened in most of the other cases (though I keep letting my ideas become stupid and creepy while I mull them over), and know who a good number of the involved characters are.
Buuut, since there are 4 cases and I'm not even done with one of them, I'd guess I'm at 3-4%. WOO!


Who's Nejira? I'm not familiar with the japanese names.
Image
Thanks Elriel for the sig!
Re: Von Karma: Corrupt AttorneyTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Location: North America

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:02 am

Posts: 295

FlashPoint wrote:
Who's Nejira? I'm not familiar with the japanese names.


Er, it's not a Japanese name, she's the blonde one with the purple suit. XD


Last edited by Lynx on Tue May 27, 2008 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Von Karma: Corrupt AttorneyTopic%20Title
User avatar

Pleeaase don't hurt me.

Gender: Male

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:16 pm

Posts: 225

Oh right, lol. I forgot.
Image
Thanks Elriel for the sig!
Re: Von Karma: Corrupt AttorneyTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Location: North America

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:02 am

Posts: 295

So, in case anyone is wondering how development on this is going:

Basically, I'm totally sick of spriting. I hadn't meant to actually get into spriting myself in the first place, but I did. Anyways, I'm pretty much just waiting on programming, now. At this point, though, I've more or less lost interest in this project. This could change if I start programming and have a great time, but right now, I'm kind of meh. I'm not sure if I'm going to put it on hiatus, cancel entirely, or hand off to someone else. I don't even want to *touch* any sprites, so I can promise you that it's not going to look great if I do choose to do something. I'm even debating turning it into a text-based adventure :yuusaku: (not really, but that's kind of the mood I'm in). Case 1 may or may not come out. If I bother to go through with case 1, there's actually a decent chance of me doing case 2, but the chance of me doing case 1 at this point is something like 40%. We'll see.

Anyways, I'm off to my first year of law school mid-August, and everyone says that's brutal, so if I don't finish anything over the summer, it's sure as heck not happening over the next year.

Just to let anyone who might be following this project know. :phoenix:
Re: Von Karma: Corrupt AttorneyTopic%20Title
User avatar

A fad in a castle

Gender: Female

Location: The Gavelshroom Kingdom

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 9:55 pm

Posts: 3503

Hey, I've been checking this game out. This actually looks like a few fangames that I'm more than willing to play.

However there is a bit of the problem with your time line, about Edgeworth's age and Franziska. Franziska is about six years younger than Edgeworth. I assume that when he was taking classes, he was about 10 years old. During that time, Franziska would be about four years old. Meaning I'm pretty sure Manfred would have to at least marry Lulu just for Franziska to be born.

Unless he acquired Franziska through other means.... Shouldn't Lulu's hair to be blue by the way? Or is younger Manfred's hair blue?
ImageImageImage
Image
Re: Von Karma: Corrupt AttorneyTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Location: North America

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:02 am

Posts: 295

Super Judge Bro. wrote:
Hey, I've been checking this game out. This actually looks like a few fangames that I'm more than willing to play.

However there is a bit of the problem with your time line, about Edgeworth's age and Franziska. Franziska is about six years younger than Edgeworth. I assume that when he was taking classes, he was about 10 years old. During that time, Franziska would be about four years old. Meaning I'm pretty sure Manfred would have to at least marry Lulu just for Franziska to be born.

Unless he acquired Franziska through other means.... Shouldn't Lulu's hair to be blue by the way? Or is younger Manfred's hair blue?


Hey, thanks for the interest, SJB! So about your timeline/Franziska concerns, I've worked out the timeline pretty clearly. This is what I've got:

Dec. 12th, 1951: MvK born. (this is why he is 28 in 1980 - born in Dec)
1980: Manfred comes to LA and starts prosecuting. (Age: 28) This is when all of the cases in VKCA take place.
1982: Gets married
1983: First child born (only son)
1984: Second child born (this is the older sister mentioned in 1-4; this makes her 32 in AA1, while the daughter is 7)
1992: Edgeworth born
1999: Franziska born (MvK Age:48)
2001: DL-6
2008: Older daughter marries (MvK Age: 57, Daughter 1: 24, Edgey: 14, Franzie: 9)

I think that's right, anyways. :S
And re: the blue hair, it's a recessive gene :P Manfred's hair is black (both of the other kids have black hair, too).
(heh, even just writing the timeline re-inspires me to work on this ^^ maybe I will consider it when PWLib comes out...BUT NO MORE SPRITES *shudders*)
Re: Von Karma: Corrupt AttorneyTopic%20Title
User avatar

A fad in a castle

Gender: Female

Location: The Gavelshroom Kingdom

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 9:55 pm

Posts: 3503

Ohhh, I see. That clears up a lot of things then. Thanks.
ImageImageImage
Image
Re: Von Karma: Corrupt AttorneyTopic%20Title
User avatar

TLS Admin and Representative

Gender: Male

Location: Maine, USA

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:43 pm

Posts: 1256

I have an idea for inserts if you're open for suggestions...

Misty Fey
Morgan Fey
Winfred "Big Wins" Kitaki
Bruto Cadaverini
Winston Payne (The Maya of this game, maybe?)
Victor Kudo
Image
Re: Von Karma: Corrupt AttorneyTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Location: North America

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:02 am

Posts: 295

I hadn't thought about Misty and Morgan. Morgan might be a cool insert, since she didn't get enough screentime. Definitely a possibility for Case 4.

Winfred, Little Plum, and Bruto would ALL be in Case 2 of Game 2, if I ever made it there. It's about the Mafia. :P

I was thinking about bringing Winston to Case 3. He seems like he could be a sci-fi nerd. Originally, Sal Manella was going to be there, but then I realized that he was too young (in other words, not born). Lame, 'cause it would have been hilarious.

I didn't like Kudo in T+T, so I'm loath to bring him back, but I appreciate the suggestion anyways :godot:
Page 1 of 2 [ 78 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Yandex [Bot?] and 4 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO