Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 1 of 1[ 28 posts ]

[LuAA] Ace Attorney: Titus BailTopic%20Title

Storywright

As of the past few weeks, I have been working on the first ever fan game to release for the Nintendo DS. Staring a brand new and unofficially named Defense Attorney, Titus Bail. In order to make life easier on myself I will be using the LuAA engine. I have projected that there will be 5 cases in which the same style of gameplay is used of course. The production is going fairly well and the first 2 cases are nearly complete with 30 pages of dialogue.

Any further information on Ace Attorney : Titus Bail will be updated with this thread.

Staff:
Translators-LaPatateInc, royrazor

APEXODDITY

Last edited by Apexoddity on Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: [LuAA] Ace Attorney: Titus BailTopic%20Title

LuAA Developer

Well, just some mixed input on this since LuAA has yet to be released. However, ShadowEdgeworth's game is also currently announcing the inclusion of LuAA within their platform of casemakers.

Sounds good though, I'll be sure to release LuAA BETA 1 soon so you can get working on this.

priceless.

Interesting. I'll be looking forward to seeing the first announced LuAA fan game. I know about ShadowEdgeworth porting it to here, but this game is LuAA only.

Also, as a new fan game developer, please check out the relatively recent Making a Fan Game thread. It has some details like techniques to plan and produce your game. ((No this isn't advertising! This is giving advice!))

Ptapcc

Storywright

Sounds great. I will be sure to check it out. Thanks for the advice.

LuAA Developer

Someone off AAO PMed me today (somehow got my email) about porting his AAO cases to LuAA.

So you may not be the first fancase on the DS. However, I will be releasing the engine to the public so it's fair game who completes first.

If you need any help, feel free to PM me or post on the LuAA thread. ^^

priceless.

Storywright

Myself and my group of workers have been conducting this game endlessly and has finished the dialogue and script for case 1 and 2 and the coding for the game will begin shortly. In the meantime, I will begin construction on case 3.

A few details on the cases are as follows:

Case1 - Prelude to Turnabout:

A swimming pool fiasco introduces the new defense lawyer, Titus Bail to the courtroom in a tutorial-like fashion

Case 2 - Smoldering Turnabout:

Features an arson as the crime being investigated. Titus must fight threw a series of lies and deceipt to identify the true arsonist.

Case 3 (title unknown):

A live infomercial goes wrong, and Titus has to figure out how the murder was conducted and defend his client.

Case 4 (title unknown):

Titus relives his worst nightmare as this flashback reveals why Titus became a defense attorney.

Case 5 (title unknown):

Ties the game together. Plot is currently unplanned.

Hold it!

Looking forward to it. Can't wait to play a custom Ace Attorney game on the Nintendo DS :-)

Storywright

It should be finished by the end of March I'm hoping, with editing maybe longer. Hopefully you will all enjoy it. It's completely new characters and plots so try not to be too attached to Pheonx Wright.

LuAA Developer

Apexoddity wrote:
It should be finished by the end of March I'm hoping, with editing maybe longer. Hopefully you will all enjoy it. It's completely new characters and plots so try not to be too attached to Pheonx Wright.

I am hoping to fully finish LuAA by the end of March, making use of my time until then. ^^ hopefully your plan will go smoothly.

priceless.

Storywright

That's fine with me. I'm not in much of a rush. Plus, it gives me time to finish the script.
Thanks for the help B12CORE.

Storywright

Just an update on my AA fangame. The script is now at 50 pages and I am midway through Case 3. I would love some input on a name for my main character.

A few options I have gone through include,
Titus Bail
Pandora Hyde

If anyone wouldn't mind telling me which name they prefer or have any better ideas, if they could reply in this thread.

Thanks

Titus Bail sounds much better than Pandora Hyde for some reason...mainly because Pandora sounds and is a girl's name...unless Titus is a girl as well?!

Storywright

Nope, Titus is a male character. I'm just trying to decide on a name. I believe it to be very crucial (I'm not sure why). Thanks for the input though. I appreciate it a lot.

LuAA Developer

hey ^^

so basically, the Neoflash Spring competition is coming up soon...

and since you're using LuAA and are planning on being the first DS fancase, I'd be happy to program your game for you!

However, there is a small catch. You don't mind getting your game entered into the competition, do you?

priceless.

Storywright

Wow B12CORE, that sounds fantastic. I'm no programming expert so your help would be greatly appreciated. I plan on being done in time for that competition anyways and with your help it will be done well before then.
Thanks again.

Hold it!

Apexoddity wrote:
Just an update on my AA fangame. The script is now at 50 pages and I am midway through Case 3. I would love some input on a name for my main character.

A few options I have gone through include,
Titus Bail
Pandora Hyde

If anyone wouldn't mind telling me which name they prefer or have any better ideas, if they could reply in this thread.

Thanks

Definitely Titus Bail. Since the Ace Attorney series usually feature an attorney with a name that can mean two things (Wright, Justice). That way you can throw in some jokes of his name too (like 'Don't bail on me, Bail!' or 'By the time I finish this interrogation, you won't get out on bail!' :P). Now I can think of some of that stuff with Hyde ('There is nowhere to hide from Hyde') too, but Titus Bail sounds much more powerful. That's my opinion anyways. Looking forward to this game.

B12Core wrote:
since you're using LuAA and are planning on being the first DS fancase, I'd be happy to program your game for you!

Sounds great, since you're creating LuAA you obviously know all about the coding, probably making it faster for you to create the game than any other person.

LuAA Developer

hmm...

would you mind sending me those 30 pages of script you were talking about?

That is if you really have that much :p

B12SHELL@gmail.com, please. Thanks :phoenix:

priceless.

Last edited by B12Core on Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Storywright

Haha. Yeah no worries. I have actually finished 53 pages of script and I will send it to you ASAP.

And thanks Peter for the input. You are totally right, AA is all about bad jokes and I need a name that can maximize that.

LuAA Developer

Going to take over development/art (starting with contributing my prosecutor sprite) for this game.

Planning on entering the finished product (at least 3 cases) by the end of March and entering it into a programming competition.

Expect this to go far :phoenix:

priceless.

Storywright

Throughout the next few days and possibly weeks, production will be stalled on this fangame due to the heavy exam period. But no worries, this game will be ready to go by March.

LuAA Developer

Apexoddity wrote:
Throughout the next few days and possibly weeks, production will be stalled on this fangame due to the heavy exam period. But no worries, this game will be ready to go by March.

xD you too? yeah... life's hard for the teenager ><

priceless.

Storywright

It sure is... :payne: All these tests and exams and assignments...
So I might need to take a nap instead of working on the script.

LuAA Developer

donating my old prosecutor sprites for this game:

The character's name is "Deimos Aries", a very dark and mysterious prosecutor in Titus Bail : Ace Attorney.

priceless.

B12Core wrote:
donating my old prosecutor sprites for this game:

The character's name is "Deimos Aries", a very dark and mysterious prosecutor in Titus Bail : Ace Attorney.

Er...personally, I don't think you should use/contribute them. Don't get insulted but those sprites would ruin the game. There are some serious problems with the animations and the sprite/base itself!

Apexoddity wrote:

Are any AA characters themselves going to be in it or will Ace Attorney: Titus Bail be like Damion Shard?

LuAA Developer

No AA characters will be used from previous games.

Also, no worries on the insult ^^, constructive criticism is always welcome. The sprites aren't perfect (I rushed them in about 30 minutes).

The animations are not going to look like that in game (obviously). What's exactly wrong with the base/sprite, though? Just wondering.

priceless.

B12Core wrote:

Also, no worries on the insult ^^, constructive criticism is always welcome. The sprites aren't perfect (I rushed them in about 30 minutes).

The animations are not going to look like that in game (obviously). What's exactly wrong with the base/sprite, though? Just wondering.

No AA sprites or no actual AA characters themselves? If yes, then I think this is going to be like DS.

The torso itself and the arms are the problem. The shading is horrible and could be much better. Personally, from the dark name "Deimos Aries", I could imagine him in a long black coat with red lining.

Sorry, it's hard to describe why they are wrong but take a look at similar poses to what you have and look at the colours and how they blend, etc.

LuAA Developer

Ptapcc wrote:
B12Core wrote:

No AA sprites or no actual AA characters themselves? If yes, then I think this is going to be like DS.

The torso itself and the arms are the problem. The shading is horrible and could be much better. Personally, from the dark name "Deimos Aries", I could imagine him in a long black coat with red lining.

Sorry, it's hard to describe why they are wrong but take a look at similar poses to what you have and look at the colours and how they blend, etc.

Ah ok. Thanks for the pointers ^^, I'll be fixing them after exams.

priceless.

Storywright

Yeah the game is a brand new story, new attorney, new prosecutor, new suspects, etc.
Stay with us on this. It's gonna take some work. :grey:
Page 1 of 1 [ 28 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Games