Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby

Page 10 of 10[ 388 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Re: Who is this lady? Why, it's Kay!Topic%20Title

Racing through the sky like a Missile

JesusMonroe wrote:
Spoiler:
But Uncle Ray sucks
Well, Phoenix can leave his hyperactive and sometimes problematic girl in the hands of someone he can trust, but then the games wouldn't be as fun, would they?

In all seriousness, I am marginally interested in the second Yatagarasu and I think even non-Kay fans would agree that writing her out of the next game by just giving her to Uncle Ray would create more problems than solutions

But Nick never knew Ray. Uncle Ray for babysitting duty. He can take Kay and Athena off on a trip around the world, and we will never hear from them again. :D

Yes, I fully expect Kay to reappear in GK3 and if she isn't, there better be a damn good reason for it. Same with Athena.

Quote:
It makes more sense for Edgeworth to be like Nick in GK2 since that's one of the themes in the game.

Mmm... not really.
Spoiler:
Thinking about turning back to a defense attorney outright contradicts his attitude since RftA. This is character regression, not development. I know people in real life can be pretty indecisive about careers, but this guy isn't just any guy.

Quote:
But if the issue you and Nearavex have is Edgeworth trusting Kay, that's more a problem with the characterization of Edgeworth than it is with the character of Kay

Oh, and here I thought you were playing along with me all this time. I'm not hating on Kay (or Athena) or Edgeworth in his games, but my complaints toward his character depiction are legitimate.

Now that I think about it again, the bit with Edge being so bluntly rude to Rhoda seems a bit awkward. He's perfectly fine with politely refusing Nick's presentations of evidence, but with Rhoda, he insists on being so honest that it could hurt her feelings? I know it was purely a comedic scene and shouldn't be taken seriously, but the execution of it could definitely be improved upon.

Pierre wrote:
By that logic she's got more justification to be an 18-year old prodigy Attorney than Athena herself :kristoph: Then again that's not an especially hard task.

And by that logic, even I've got more justification to be a legal prodigy because I DON'T have connections with the law whatsoever! I drunk I'm not swear, guys.

Nearavex wrote:
Still don't see how any of this is less realistic than magical holigrams. :ron:

That's 'cause they're all magical holograms/illusions. Even spirit channeling must be some sort of illusory power at work; females don't grow signs of masculinity at a moment's notice for good reason. Also explains the lack of chest hair.

Actually, in Kay's case, the main reason Little Thief is unrealistic is how her father had it in the first place. He was a well-reputed prosecutor, yes, but if anything, he probably stole it from somewhere... somewhere that works on futuristic tech... like the Space Center.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Gettin' Old!

Nearavex wrote:
Well, it's not like I have a problem myself. It's just reading all that stuff in Athena's thread made me a bit cautious. ^^;

Nearavex wrote:
I can't people

Also, I can't grammar. (There was supposed to be "understand" there)

Your point doesn't really convince me... First of all, Widget is an AI, just like Ponco and Clonco, even if less advanced. Therefore, understanding context isn't necessarily mind-reading. It could have very well just saw that Payne was a jerk to Athena and that this made Athena angry. Enough to make a connection.

Blurting out what one is thinking might be very well a manner of speech... Given the fact it can blurt out how she feels that actually isn't that far off the mark. I honestly feel like we degraded into the "unnecessary feelings" level of discussion.

How do you know it's just an AI? Is it stated?
Where did you hear about it having a camera to 'see' Payne?
Also a Microphone to 'hear' Payne.

It could be a manner of speech...but it could also not be...the game gives us no information. All I've presented to you is evidence from the game. You can disregard it if you like but if you do you should be prepared to step away from statements that other people are making "wrong assumptions" when your counterarguments devolve into "might very well be...".

Also if it was an AI? Why doesn't it speak more often? It only speaks out Athena's thoughts, if it's a virtual being why not say more? Look at Ponco and Clonco with their fully fledged personalities. Why doesn't Widget double as Athena's actual sidekick instead of just blurting out strong emotive phrases?

Also I take it we are dropping the Sensitive hearing point then?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Y'know

You have stolen my headcanon about Byrne stealing Little Thief. Give it back.

Finders keepers.

On that note, someone had to have created Little Thief, and it's not Byrne. It didn't poof into existence as AAI would have you believe. Now, we have no idea who was working at the Space Center several years before 2019, when Byrne could have stolen Little Thief (and thus named said gadget), but it's possible Metis was involved with working on more than just AI psyches. That would explain how quickly she could come up with Widget and its apparently mind-reading apparatus.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

Y'know

Pierre wrote:

It could be a manner of speech...but it could also not be...the game gives us no information. All I've presented to you is evidence from the game. You can disregard it if you like but if you do you should be prepared to step away from statements that other people are making "wrong assumptions" when your counterarguments devolve into "might very well be...".

Also if it was an AI? Why doesn't it speak more often? It only speaks out Athena's thoughts, if it's a virtual being why not say more? Look at Ponco and Clonco with their fully fledged personalities. Why doesn't Widget double as Athena's actual sidekick instead of just blurting out strong emotive phrases?

"Ready to go?"
"Alright, let's do this!"

To me, this sounds like an exchange one wouldn't have with themselves.

Also, if you dislike the idea of Widget being capable of reading minds, why do you assume exactly that? Since we both hate that assumption, it shouldn't be made at all. That's what I call creating non-existent problems. I believe when I complained about Kay, I referred to things that actually happened on-screen.

It doesn't speak more often, because while it is an AI itself, it's quite obviously a different model than Space Center robots with an obviously smaller mainframe. Well, unless you are going to wear Ponco on your neck and walk with her like that out of the Space Center. I mean, you are welcome to try.

I would say that since Widget is the program meamt for voice, or like to take this literally "sound of the heart" analysis, saying it has a microphone is anything but far-fetched...

Also, I already said what I had to say about sensitive hearing, I think...

Nearavex wrote:
"Ready to go?"

Also, if you dislike the idea of Widget being capable of reading minds, why do you assume exactly that? Since we both hate that assumption, it shouldn't be made at all. That's what I call creating non-existent problems. I believe when I complained about Kay, I referred to things that actually happened on-screen.

Athena talks to herself more than once in Case 1

And your second point is literally what you've been doing this entire thread; creating nonexistent problems. And how is Pierre not referring to things that happened on screen? Athena thinks, "Arrogant jerk!" and Widget says the exact same thing. Your explanation from before doesn't account for something that precise

Gettin' Old!

Nearavex wrote:
Pierre wrote:

"Ready to go?"

To me, this sounds like an exchange one wouldn't have with themselves.

It doesn't speak more often, because while it is an AI itself, it's quite obviously a different model than Space Center robots with an obviously smaller mainframe. Well, unless you are going to wear Ponco on your neck and walk with her like that out of the Space Center. I mean, you are welcome to try.

I would say that since Widget is the program meamt for voice, or like to take this literally "sound of the heart" analysis, saying it has a microphone is anything but far-fetched...

Also, I already said what I had to say about sensitive hearing, I think...

No...that exchange sounds pretty standard to psyche one's self up for something to me but hey its a matter of opinion.

As for me disliking Widget's power it's because it's not an assumption, I've seen the evidence and I'm convinced that's how it is. I may not like it but I can't deny it. It's not a non-existing problem, it's just how it is according to me.

Also now you are saying that Widget is capable of taking the 'sound of the heart' which deals with a severe problem I had before the game came out that never got answered.

If we take Athena's tech away and give it to someone else, do they get all of her powers?

I don't have answers for your questions, because there's no information, I would LOVE it if they made Athena clearer but until they do define her ridiculous powers and technology THAT'S why she's a Mary Sue over Kay whose stuff is much more believable and comes from a reasonable source.

At least according to me...you seem to think that Little Thief making holograms is 'magical' though it's not far from our current tech level.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Y'know

It is far from our current tech level, when it's out in the open, unless Little Thief allows to dim off the sun... which actualy is even further. You don't really seem to know how the holograms actually work - pulling out a dark Horror House at the middle of a bridge out in the open during a sunny day... It's so unrealistic it hurts.

I don't know about that evidence of yours, given the fact I was just able to construct a way more likely theory from it - about the AI and emotion analysis... Unless you think mind-reading is more believable of the two. Your choice, I guess?

Capability of Widget itself given to anyone else seems to be open for interpretation. Pretty certain such a person won't have her sensitive hearing though, and wouldn't be able to sense the "noise" in a person's voice without the Widget.

Gettin' Old!

Quote:
It is far from our current tech level, when its out in the open, unless Little Thief allows to dim off the sun... which actualy is even further. You don't really seem to know how the holograms really work - pulling out a dark Horror House at the middle of a bridge out in the open during a sunny day... It's so unrealistic it hurts.

No I don't but it's still more feasible. We can at least project light in holograms. Therefore it's feasible for a stretch into the future tech that they could make it appear in any light.

We don't have really ANYTHING that could be extrapolated into mind-reading, soul-scanning wireless devices.

Quote:
I don't know about that evidence of yours, given the fact I was just able to construct a way more likely theory from it - about the AI and emotion analysis... Unless you think mind-reading is more believable of the two. Your choice, I guess?

You composed a theory based on evidence that doesn't exist. You didn't 'pick apart' the evidence I'd presented therefore my theory supported by evidence still stands. Why would I take your unsupported theory over my supported one? I've pulled bits of the game to support it. My theory may not be believable but it's supported from facts we know in the game.

Quote:
Capability of Widget given to anyone else seems to be open for interpretation. Pretty certain such a person won't have hear sensitive hearing though, and wouldn't be able to sense the "noise"i a person's voice without it

However it would actually YOU who suggested that with a microphone Widget would take in the "Voice of the Heart" to scan emotions!

This is why your theory all falls apart, because it's all conjecture and wishful thinking.

It's easy to think up more plausible answers when what is actually presented in concrete seems ridiculous but the problem is we don't know ANYTHING about Athena. A whole game about her and the worst aspects of her are left unexplained which makes her even worse.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Y'know

Pierre wrote:
You composed a theory based on evidence that doesn't exist. You didn't 'pick apart' the evidence I'd presented therefore my theory supported by evidence still stands. Why would I take your unsupported theory over my supported one? I've pulled bits of the game to support it. My theory may not be believable but it's supported from facts we know in the game.

Yup, the point that Ponco is microphone-having AI made by the same person as Widget in nooo way makes it any more plausible that Widget is as well a microphone-having AI. Not a chance. It definitely reads minds instead, because it's much more believable, but it's true because you say so and that's why Athena is bad. And you have your "unnecessary feelings"-like quote to support it. Whoaa, he sonetimes blurts out what I'm thinking, obviously it just for this single moment hacked my brain to never do so again, whoaaa. What you "deduced" is clearly soo plausible and I'm wrong providing the most likely and reasonable solutions, just because you say so.

See? That is why I had problem with Athena haters. You make up your own problems and then call it problems with the character. I fed up with you all just reading your little trashy hater thread. Thank you, the defense rests. Though the prosecution won't acknowledge it, the defense has made its case.
Quote:
However it would actually YOU who suggested that with a microphone Widget would take in the "Voice of the Heart" to scan emotions!

No, I quite clearly said "voice analysis" and the latter was an ironic remark on how you haters take every single line literally. In your fake-problem-crearing minds, you must have also assumed that Ponco's and Clonco's "heart" that operates them from the Space Center is an actual organic heart? Oh, I forgot. You lack consistency. You don't take everything literally, just the bits convinient for your hate, selectively.

Gettin' Old!

Quote:
Yup, the point that Ponco is microphone-having AI made by the same person as Widget in nooo way makes it any more plausible that Widget is as well a microphone-having AI. Not a chance. It definitely reads minds instead, because it's much more believable, but it's true because you say so and that's why Athena is bad. And you have your "unnecessary feelings"-like quote to support it. Whoaa, he sonetimes blurts out what I'm thinking, obviously it just for this single moment hacked my brain to never do so again, whoaaa. What you "deduced" is clearly soo plausible and I'm wrong providing the most likely and reasonable solutions, just because you say so.

See? That is why I had problem with Athena haters. You make up your own problems and then call it problems with the character. Thank you, the defense rests. Though the prosecution won't acknowledge it, the defense has made its case.

When did I make up this problem? Athena herself said it, Widget can be observed doing it. It's evidence not conjecture. It's the facts as we know them.

It's not that my theory is plausible, it's the only one we've been given and it's ridiculous. THAT'S WHY PEOPLE HAVE PROBLEMS WITH ATHENA.

Now you are attempting to marginalise me as an 'Athena Hater' I already said I don't HATE Athena I just wish she had more explained and think she doesn't count as a good character because she has so much unexplained about her.

I would love it if your theory was supportable but there's evidence that counteracts it, and you dismiss my evidence just on the grounds that it's ridiculous. That's the sad fact that Athena IS ridiculous.

Quote:
No, I quite clearly said "voice analysis" and the latter was an ironic remark on how you haters take every single line literally. In your fake-problem-crearing minds, you must have also assumed that Ponco's and Clonco's "heart" that operates them from the Space Center is an actual organic heart? Oh, I forgot. You lack consistency. You don't take everything literally, just the bits convinient for your hate, selectively

Seriously Nevearex if you can't treat others fairly in an argument just leave. I didn't come here to get accused of hate and ignorance.

Look at what you clearly said:

Quote:

You say voice analysis is the same as "sound of the heart" analysis and so a microphone is completely plausible. You also suggested that the deep emotions can be determined through voice.

Let's follow this theory: IF Widget has a microphone for voice analysis that functions as determining the 'sound of the heart' then why couldn't we just give it to someone else and have them produce the same results?

It doesn't make sense, we have no idea whether THIS is the source of Athena's power or whether Widget is simply an input device to display the findings of Athena's inner power.

Hence why people have problems with her. Lack of explanation as I've said several times.

Back on topic: I find it interesting that you would deride Little Thief's use of Holograms when the Mood Matrix ITSELF is a projected Hologram, even more it's a TOUCHSCREEN hologram. That's also just one of Widget's functions.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Y'know

"like you like to" got merged into "like to". It was kind of a no-brainer.

Last edited by Nearavex on Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gettin' Old!

Nearavex wrote:
"like you like to" got merged into "like to". It waa kind of a no-brainer.

Yeah...I took that into account, read the whole thing before biting out at me.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Nearavex wrote:

See? That is why I had problem with Athena haters. You make up your own problems and then call it problems with the character. You lack consistency. You don't take everything literally, just the bits convinient for your hate, selectively.

The irony is strong here

Seriously, though. Pierre and I have tried to have rational discussion and you just keep bashing

I think we're done here. Pierre has provided direct evidence and you're denying it. You're directing your hate of haters towards a fictional character and it's clearly showing. I've tried to continue this discussion but you're ignoring 90% of each of my posts and only focusing on one point that ultimately becomes irrelevant. You're basically covering your ears and saying, "LAALALA I WIN LALALA"

People have rational discussions here all the time. Just because someone doesn't share your opinion doesn't mean they're dumb. Keep that in mind

Y'know

Scroll up.
Nearavex wrote:
Capability of Widget itself given to anyone else seems to be open for interpretation. Pretty certain such a person won't have her sensitive hearing though, and wouldn't be able to sense the "noise" in a person's voice without the Widget.

That much isn't even my explanation, I purposefully avoided doing that. Without Widget, Athena picks up just "noise", whether or not she knows the specifics subcounciously is also open for interpretation.

Y'know

JesusMonroe wrote:
Nearavex wrote:

See? That is why I had problem with Athena haters. You make up your own problems and then call it problems with the character. You lack consistency. You don't take everything literally, just the bits convinient for your hate, selectively.

The irony is strong here

Seriously, though. Pierre and I have tried to have rational discussion and you just keep bashing

I think we're done here. Pierre has provided direct evidence and you're denying it. You're directing your hate of haters towards a fictional character and it's clearly showing. I've tried to continue this discussion but you're ignoring 90% of each of my posts and only focusing on one point that ultimately becomes irrelevant. You're basically covering your ears and saying, "LAALALA I WIN LALALA"

People have rational discussions here all the time. Just because someone doesn't share your opinion doesn't mean they're dumb. Keep that in mind

Just like "unnecessary feelings" are direct proof of Edgeworth's love towards Phoenix. Just like that.

I'm fime about opinions. I'm not fine about people saying they proved some bullshit that obviously isn't the case, only so that they can create more fake problems.

Last edited by Nearavex on Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Y'know

Pierre wrote:

(...)

This is why your theory all falls apart, because it's all conjecture and wishful thinking.

These two are where I lost my patience, really. It was all like:
"I win, because I say so. My unreasonable assumptions from the single line that could mean anything in the script are more solid than your deductions from Widget's whole background"

Yeah, fuck this. Unlike in AA, here people won't even acknowledge they are wrong, or that you brought good points.

Last edited by Nearavex on Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Y'know

I won't really bother to merge these posts. It's kinda too late to get aroumd that, so I just hope some mod does it later~

Gettin' Old!

Nearavex wrote:
Scroll up.
Nearavex wrote:

That much isn't even my explanation, I purposefully avoided doing that. Without Widget, Athena picks up just "noise", whether or not she knows the specifics subcounciously is also open for interpretation.

Where do you get this information though?

How do you know she just picks up 'noise' instead of emotion?
Look here I'd had my suspicions for a while but found the evidence for it at last.

Spoiler: Athena's background
Athena wasn't wearing Widget back at her trial years ago where she heard the "Voice of his heart" screaming out. She didn't need Widget to fine tune anything for her than, she could tell just fine what it was,

Why would Widget need a voice analysis function when Athena can hear just fine on her own the "Voices of the Heart"?

Geez man it's not that we are wrong, you think we are wrong but the matter is largely undecided. I've scraped together an argument from flimsy evidence...but it's still evidence. Athena is just a worse character because it's so shoddy and poorly explained according to us. You might be able to look past it but at least understand why it might bother other people.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Y'know

Nearavex wrote:
Nah, I was calm. To be honest, I didn't want to argue about Athena, because way too often the obvious or even canon explanations are outright denied.

Such would be the case with things like reading emotional input in a person's voice. I'm not really sure if people criticizing Athena's power pretend something like emotional input in voice doesn't exist or whatever.

These things can be quite often heard by ordinary humans. If you have never heard that someone you're talking to sounds sad, angry or happy, then I'm really worried about you. Athena just happens to be born with sensitive hearing, thus being able to hear it better than other people. It's not like she couldn't have heard it in Simon's voice that his confession was forced.

I feel like now I'll get a series of questions I will be able to answer with quotes. Goes to show how ignored my points really are.

Umm... yeah. Guys, not to interrupt you or anything, but if you're going to argue constantly over Athena, then at least take it to the right thread. I've actually read through all these posts, and it's not so much about comparing Kay to Athena anymore.

But I suppose I could leave my two cents as well. Since both Kay and Athena were characters who were introduced abruptly without proper foresight and hence involved in just about every episode since their appearances, it's more of a trend that Eshiro & co. are following, rather than problems specific to either character.

And guys, the whole argument over which tool is more "realistic" should never have been the issue to begin with. What matters is how each one appears from nowhere and somehow exists in the hands of a young lady who we wouldn't expect to have it. Certainly, it'd be great if Eshiro & co. could somehow explain how they came to be and how they actually work. Even easier would be if they could be reproducible tech, but I guess that lowers their uniqueness level.

But the gadgets don't make the characters. The characters themselves do.

Gettin' Old!

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
Umm... yeah. Guys, not to interrupt you or anything, but if you're going to argue constantly over Athena, then at least take it to the right thread. I've actually read through all these posts, and it's not so much about comparing Kay to Athena anymore.

But I suppose I could leave my two cents as well. Since both Kay and Athena were characters who were introduced abruptly without proper foresight and hence involved in just about every episode since their appearances, it's more of a trend that Eshiro & co. are following, rather than problems specific to either character.

And guys, the whole argument over which tool is more "realistic" should never have been the issue to begin with. What matters is how each one appears from nowhere and somehow exists in the hands of a young lady who we wouldn't expect to have it. Certainly, it'd be great if Eshiro & co. could somehow explain how they came to be and how they actually work. Even easier would be if they could be reproducible tech, but I guess that lowers their uniqueness level.

But the gadgets don't make the characters. The characters themselves do.

True but I feel that Little Thief's origin is perfectly acceptable. It's a tool clearly beneficial to a thief and we know Byrne carried out the 'practical' side of thievery. Sadly we don't know much about him but it's not an unreasonable piece of tech to have. It got passed onto his daughter when he died.

Hell Solid Snake was doing this stuff back in 1998 with the Soliton Radar which showed him the surroundings. So devices like this are hardly new to the 'infiltrator' trope of characters.

Also I mentioned a while back if we should have taken it to the Athena thread, sorry I didn't enforce my own words.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Y'know

Nothing about Little Thief is explained, besides its owners and its use - there's no explanation to the origin of its creation whatsoever.

The idea it was stolen from somewhere is another "very well might be" you hate so much, which never seem to be accepted with Athena.

It also conveniently bends the laws of physics. Try turning the flashlight on in the middle of a day - do you see it's light? You can't, because there is too much light already everywhere. It's a different story at night, though...

Little Thief works exactly as if the moment you turned on the flashlight, the day suddenly got turned into dark night, just so that you could see the flashlight's light. To me it doesn't sound like a flashlight but rather a switch button for reality itself.

I don't know what in our technology can evolve into this. On the other hand, what IS possible are devices capable of reading emotions, which kinda... actually exist in the modern times, quick search and you have a lot of examples, here, for that matter.

Also, no I'll pass on Athena thread. I've had enough of these trashy fake problems here already...

Pierre wrote:
True but I feel that Little Thief's origin is perfectly acceptable. It's a tool clearly beneficial to a thief and we know Byrne carried out the 'practical' side of thievery. Sadly we don't know much about him but it's not an unreasonable piece of tech to have. It got passed onto his daughter when he died.

Hell Solid Snake was doing this stuff back in 1998 with the Soliton Radar which showed him the surroundings. So devices like this are hardly new to the 'infiltrator' trope of characters.

I'm not going to argue over how Little Thief works or the level of tech they'd have 5 years from now. I'm still going to needle on that it comes from nowhere and that no one else before then had even heard of such a thing existing. I'm sure you've heard this issue brought up somewhere else plenty of times.

And the comparison to Snake is not valid. Byrne was never involved with military projects. He just one day HAD the thing, and I doubt he was the one who made it. Badd may look like a veteran military officer, but he's just a detective. And as for Calisto... eh, maybe. I have no idea where she's been, and if she's involved that deeply with the House of Lang, which DOES have military / federal jurisdiction in Zheng Fa to "some" extent, I guess it's possible. (Wait, this suggests Little Thief was made in Zheng Fa. XP )

Gettin' Old!

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I'm not going to argue over how Little Thief works or the level of tech they'd have 5 years from now. I'm still going to needle on that it comes from nowhere and that no one else before then had even heard of such a thing existing. I'm sure you've heard this issue brought up somewhere else plenty of times.

And the comparison to Snake is not valid. Byrne was never involved with military projects. He just one day HAD the thing, and I doubt he was the one who made it. Badd may look like a veteran military officer, but he's just a detective. And as for Calisto... eh, maybe. I have no idea where she's been, and if she's involved that deeply with the House of Lang, which DOES have military / federal jurisdiction in Zheng Fa to "some" extent, I guess it's possible. (Wait, this suggests Little Thief was made in Zheng Fa. XP )

I wasn't really referring to the military background as much as the time period and how tropes like that had been around for a while but fair enough. It does come from nowhere but we know little about Byrne so it's possible he could have created it.

For me it's more believable technology but yes it is problematic I suppose.

Nearavex wrote:
Nothing about Little Thief is explained, besides its owners and its use - there's no explanation to the origin of its creation whatsoever.

The idea it was stolen from somewhere is another "very well might be" you hate so much, which never seem to be accepted with Athena.

It also conveniently bends the laws of physics. Try turning the flashlight on in the middle of a day - do you see it's light? You can't, because there is too much light already everywhere. It's a different story at night, though...

Little Thief works exactly as if the moment you turned on the flashlight, the day suddenly got turned into dark night, just so that you could see the flashlight's light. To me it doesn't sound like a flashlight but rather a switch button for reality itself.

I don't know what in our technology can evolve into this. On the other hand, what IS possible are devices capable of reading emotions, which kinda... actually exist in the modern times, quick search and you have a lot of examples, here, for that matter.

Also, no I'll pass on Athena thread. I've had enough of these trashy fake problems here already...

I'm going to ignore you until you learn to be a little more respectful to others but those devices capable of reading emotions don't bother me...I knew about reading emotion from ECGs and the like anyway. Widget reads minds which is far more than emotion.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Keep in mind that this is a video game. Saying that holograms working outside bothers you is just nitpicking really. Sure, one could make the same argument about the Mood Matrix, which is why I never tried to divert the conversation to the topic of how the technology works

You claim the Mood Matrix works in AA because of Ponco and Clonco, two other implausible inventions. You claim Little Thief can't work in AA because holograms are magical (also, why does Byrne not being an engineer and building Little Thief bother you if its your headcanon that he stole it?)

In the end, it's the fact that Athena has helped out more with the Mood Matrix and saved more people than Kay. With or without their inventions, Athena is still the more implausible character. I don't hate Athena. I think she's fine, but acting like she isn't implausible is blind to reality. Athena is an expert in psychology, is a lawyer, knows martial arts, multiple languages, and she's 18. Kay is 17 and is a Prosecutor's assistant, which is a job she didn't need any qualifications for. She also has a phone she got from her Dad. Maybe she knows some parkour. I don't really see an implausible character here

Edit: Wait a second. WIDGET DISPLAYS HOLOGRAMS IN BRIGHT ROOMS

Y'know

So, in short, Pierre is bothered by something he assumed himself and calls it someone else's bad writing. Okay.

About Byrne, it's because Byrne stealing it is headcon after all. It is not in the game. I was mirroring Pierre's reasoning how "unexplained points = bad writing". And it's even worse, because answers to "problems" with Athena is just common sense. In Byrne's case, even if he stole it from somewhere, we have no idea who he stole it from and how it was created.

Also, Mood Matrix works in a lightened courtroom, alright. Unlike Little Thief it doesn't darken whole courtroom in order to work tho.

dank memes

Hmmm I wonder... its not like the game has been out for a long long time now...

Its obviously Gumshoe. :eh?: :sadshoe:
Page 10 of 10 [ 388 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby