Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby

Page 1 of 9[ 355 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 


GK Contradictions (spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Gender: Female

Location: America

Rank: Admin

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:16 am

Posts: 5255

Once the game is out this will be the thread for naming and discussing contradictions, just like in the other sections. As a reminder, this does not count things like sprite glitches, typos, or "How can someone be that stupid?"

Please tag your spoilers and label them by case.
ImageImage
Re: GK Contradictions (spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Gender: Female

Location: America

Rank: Admin

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:16 am

Posts: 5255

Okay, finally our first contradiction!

Spoiler: Case 3
At the end of case three Edgeworth determines that it was Hikaru that bashed him in the head, because he was hit from behind on the right side of his head - this would imply that the killer was right handed, and since Ogura is left handed, it must have been Hikaru. However, that assumes that there is only one way to swing a weapon. If Ogura had used a back-handed stroke with his left hand the weapon would have hit him the same way. Edgeworth's "contradiction" was not a contradiction after all.

ImageImage
Re: GK Contradictions (spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

F.O.E.

Gender: Male

Location: Germany

Rank: Scanlator

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:53 am

Posts: 263

Thanks! :karma:
Re: GK Contradictions (spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Gender: Female

Location: America

Rank: Admin

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:16 am

Posts: 5255

Since I just finished case 2 for the second time here's something I wondered about...

Spoiler: Case 2
Wakana killed Akbey before the plane stopped for an hour in Seihou, that much is proven. But if cargo was being taken on and off the plane at that point, why didn't she dump the body? It was in Seihou that her cohorts loaded the fake statue into the hold, wasn't it? Couldn't they have helped her smuggle the body out? If the syndicate was as far reaching as the game wanted us to believe, there should have been someone or some way to get rid of a nosey Interpol agent.

Or did I miss interpret something? :eh?:

ImageImage
Re: GK Contradictions (spoilers)Topic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Location: Osaka, Japan

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:09 am

Posts: 35

Croik wrote:
Since I just finished case 2 for the second time here's something I wondered about...

Spoiler: Case 2
Wakana killed Akbey before the plane stopped for an hour in Seihou, that much is proven. But if cargo was being taken on and off the plane at that point, why didn't she dump the body? It was in Seihou that her cohorts loaded the fake statue into the hold, wasn't it? Couldn't they have helped her smuggle the body out? If the syndicate was as far reaching as the game wanted us to believe, there should have been someone or some way to get rid of a nosey Interpol agent.

Or did I miss interpret something? :eh?:



Well, the simple explanation is the writers probably didn't think about it XD
But at one point,

Spoiler:
Edgeworth did mention that customs is really tight, so if there was an extra, super-gaudy suitcase that was unloaded from the plane, it would've probably raised suspicions. The statue was switched, so if no one was paying attention in Seihou, then the smuggling ring could probably get away with it.


That's about the most logical explanation I can come up with, given what we're told in-game.
Hope that made sense ^^;
Re: GK Contradictions (spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Gender: Female

Location: America

Rank: Admin

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:16 am

Posts: 5255

Spoiler: case3
I can understand customs being really tight, except that the whole point is that they're smugglers. Sneaking things on and off planes is what they're best at! You'd think there would be someone on hand that could take a dead body for her.

ImageImage
Re: GK Contradictions (spoilers)Topic%20Title

Gender: Female

Location: The land of stress!

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:34 pm

Posts: 422

Spoiler: .Case 4/T&T Case 5
Phoenix talks about how Manfred Von Karma is "long gone from this world" but he appears in GK. Sorry if this is explained in the game I've not played it yet.

Image
Re: GK Contradictions (spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

My OTP of OTP's. <3

Gender: Female

Location: Charlotte, NC

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:26 am

Posts: 9207

76_trombone wrote:
Spoiler: .Case 4/T&T Case 5
Phoenix talks about how Manfred Von Karma is "long gone from this world" but he appears in GK. Sorry if this is explained in the game I've not played it yet.


Spoiler: GK Case 4
Case 4 is a flashback case. The case before Miles faces off with Mia for the first time I believe.

Thanks to .•°٭blinq٭°•. for the lovely sig. ♥
Image
"Note to Self: Don't get in crouton's way when it comes to Edgeworth. She WILL bite." - PhoenixFire
Re: GK Contradictions (spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Shoulda been Brawldude, but was taken

Gender: None specified

Location: A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:11 am

Posts: 502

I thought his case against Mia was his first...?
Image
Click the sig to see my graphics topic!

My sig -is- original. Lots of people just make sigs similar to this one a lot.
Re: GK Contradictions (spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Resident Bookworm

Gender: Female

Location: The frigidland of Canada.

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:29 am

Posts: 229

Brawldud wrote:
I thought his case against Mia was his first...?


Spoiler: AI-4
The case against Mia IS his first real case but AI-4 was meant to be his first case for plot reasons and then didn't happen for plot reasons.

Image
Re: GK Contradictions (spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

US!

Gender: Male

Location: Here.

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:39 pm

Posts: 491

Question!
Spoiler: AAI-5
This probably isn't really a contradiction, however, Badou wanted to shoot and kill 'Shiina' beacause of her betrayal etc? Then why was he aiming down at her leg? (looking at the screenshot where Rou apprehends her, it would have got her just below the knee, had Rou not got in the way) I'm pretty sure Badou is a good shot (being a firearms proficient detective for 7 years) and if he wanted to kill her he could have done so easily by aiming at her body/head?

Also, If someone was holding someone else hostage would it not be safer to kill the hostage-taker outright, rather than risking Kay's life by trying to apprehend 'Shiina' by shooting her leg?
Then again, I am just basing this on the Case descriptions page, so I may have misinterpereted it and Badou may not have wanted to kill her after all?

Image

Matt DeMasque!
*Currently playing Spirit of Justice*
Re: GK Contradictions (spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Gender: Female

Location: America

Rank: Admin

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:16 am

Posts: 5255

UltraSaint4121 wrote:
Question!
Spoiler: AAI-5
This probably isn't really a contradiction, however, Badou wanted to shoot and kill 'Shiina' beacause of her betrayal etc? Then why was he aiming down at her leg? (looking at the screenshot where Rou apprehends her, it would have got her just below the knee, had Rou not got in the way) I'm pretty sure Badou is a good shot (being a firearms proficient detective for 7 years) and if he wanted to kill her he could have done so easily by aiming at her body/head?

Also, If someone was holding someone else hostage would it not be safer to kill the hostage-taker outright, rather than risking Kay's life by trying to apprehend 'Shiina' by shooting her leg?
Then again, I am just basing this on the Case descriptions page, so I may have misinterpereted it and Badou may not have wanted to kill her after all?


Spoiler:
I think maybe he aimed for the leg so there'd be less of a chance of him accidentally hitting Kay. Or if he did hit her by mistake, it wouldn't be fatal.

ImageImage
Re: GK Contradictions (spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

tell me if you know a better one.

Gender: Male

Location: here on this place.

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:03 pm

Posts: 170

http://www.court-records.net/charagk-return.htm#karma
here you read that von karma is in GK 60 years old. but as the game plays around T&T is he than not 67?
always remeber 2 things.
1. rules are made to be broken.
2. risk are there to be taken
Re: GK Contradictions (spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Chief Oldbagger

Gender: None specified

Location: There.

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 7:52 pm

Posts: 662

phoenixwrightmaster wrote:
http://www.court-records.net/charagk-return.htm#karma
here you read that von karma is in GK 60 years old. but as the game plays around T&T is he than not 67?


Spoiler:
Flashback case.

Image
Credits to Nadindi for both the avvie and sig!

Two week break!
Re: GK Contradictions (spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Gender: Female

Location: America

Rank: Admin

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:16 am

Posts: 5255

To people who have not actually played the game yet, please don't offer contradictions.
ImageImage
Re: GK Contradictions (spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

My name is Judge.

Gender: Male

Location: Just Outside Your Peripherals

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:47 pm

Posts: 1608

Croik wrote:
UltraSaint4121 wrote:
Question!
Spoiler: AAI-5
This probably isn't really a contradiction, however, Badou wanted to shoot and kill 'Shiina' beacause of her betrayal etc? Then why was he aiming down at her leg? (looking at the screenshot where Rou apprehends her, it would have got her just below the knee, had Rou not got in the way) I'm pretty sure Badou is a good shot (being a firearms proficient detective for 7 years) and if he wanted to kill her he could have done so easily by aiming at her body/head?

Also, If someone was holding someone else hostage would it not be safer to kill the hostage-taker outright, rather than risking Kay's life by trying to apprehend 'Shiina' by shooting her leg?
Then again, I am just basing this on the Case descriptions page, so I may have misinterpereted it and Badou may not have wanted to kill her after all?


Spoiler:
I think maybe he aimed for the leg so there'd be less of a chance of him accidentally hitting Kay. Or if he did hit her by mistake, it wouldn't be fatal.


Spoiler:
Actually the screenshot is after Rou jumps in the way, I think Badou might have been partially lowering his gun after seeing Rou had her, and they're just illustrating that.

Re: GK Contradictions (spoilers)Topic%20Title

Gender: Male

Location: Pennsylvaina

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 11:43 am

Posts: 380

Spoiler: case 5
Case 5 really screwed up the timeline for me. I'm sure it's supposed to take place after T&T, but Edgeworth's speech before the choice of whether to present the evidence or not. Asking what is law, what is justice. About what a prosecutor should be. It seems to point that AAI really happens between Ace Attorney and Justice For All as this seems like the most logical time that Edgeworth's views changed.

It's probably not a contradiction at all, but I thought it was interesting to bring up at least.
Re: GK Contradictions (spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Gender: Female

Location: America

Rank: Admin

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:16 am

Posts: 5255

Tomoshibi Amatsu wrote:
Spoiler: case 5
Case 5 really screwed up the timeline for me. I'm sure it's supposed to take place after T&T, but Edgeworth's speech before the choice of whether to present the evidence or not. Asking what is law, what is justice. About what a prosecutor should be. It seems to point that AAI really happens between Ace Attorney and Justice For All as this seems like the most logical time that Edgeworth's views changed.

It's probably not a contradiction at all, but I thought it was interesting to bring up at least.


Spoiler:
The timeline for the game is actually very specific. It has to be the March right after T&T. Edgeworth's mini-speech in case 5 was was just them revisiting the moral dilemma faced by all lawyers: whether to follow the law by the letter, or place the truth above all else. I don't think it's evidence that Edgeworth was actually wavering in the philosophy he taught Phoenix in 2-4.

ImageImage
Re: GK Contradictions (spoilers)Topic%20Title

Gender: Male

Location: Pennsylvaina

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 11:43 am

Posts: 380

Croik wrote:
Tomoshibi Amatsu wrote:
Spoiler: case 5
Case 5 really screwed up the timeline for me. I'm sure it's supposed to take place after T&T, but Edgeworth's speech before the choice of whether to present the evidence or not. Asking what is law, what is justice. About what a prosecutor should be. It seems to point that AAI really happens between Ace Attorney and Justice For All as this seems like the most logical time that Edgeworth's views changed.

It's probably not a contradiction at all, but I thought it was interesting to bring up at least.


Spoiler:
The timeline for the game is actually very specific. It has to be the March right after T&T. Edgeworth's mini-speech in case 5 was was just them revisiting the moral dilemma faced by all lawyers: whether to follow the law by the letter, or place the truth above all else. I don't think it's evidence that Edgeworth was actually wavering in the philosophy he taught Phoenix in 2-4.


Spoiler:
Well it seemed that way at first considering his mini speech began with him saying that he chose not to follow the path of Von Karma, and that he rejected Yatagarasu's method. Honestly I would think that by the end of T&T Edgeworth would know what to do instead of having a moral dilemma. It just seems to me that the only time he would really have one would be between the time he left in Ace Attorney and when he returned in Justice For All.

I know it was all for drama, but it just seems weird considering everything he taught Phoenix about striving for the truth. It just seemed very OOC to me in a way.
Re: GK Contradictions (spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Gender: Female

Location: America

Rank: Admin

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:16 am

Posts: 5255

Tomoshibi Amatsu wrote:
Spoiler:
Well it seemed that way at first considering his mini speech began with him saying that he chose not to follow the path of Von Karma, and that he rejected Yatagarasu's method. Honestly I would think that by the end of T&T Edgeworth would know what to do instead of having a moral dilemma. It just seems to me that the only time he would really have one would be between the time he left in Ace Attorney and when he returned in Justice For All.

I know it was all for drama, but it just seems weird considering everything he taught Phoenix about striving for the truth. It just seemed very OOC to me in a way.


Spoiler:
I disagree, I thought it was very in character. As someone who has already rejected the idea of "Get someone guilty by any means necessary" it would be very strange if he didn't feel some conflict over having to use illegal evidence against Carnage.

ImageImage
Re: GK Contradictions (spoilers)Topic%20Title

Gender: Male

Location: Pennsylvaina

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 11:43 am

Posts: 380

Croik wrote:

Spoiler:
I disagree, I thought it was very in character. As someone who has already rejected the idea of "Get someone guilty by any means necessary" it would be very strange if he didn't feel some conflict over having to use illegal evidence against Carnage.


Spoiler:
But technically haven't Phoenix and Edgeworth done it before? I mean look at case 1-5. Sure they used evidence law to get Gant, but they still used evidence they acquired illegally. After all I wouldn't say that breaking into Gants safe was legal, but that didn't seem to phase either of them then.

Then in 2-4 I may be misinterpreting it, but it seemed to me Edgeworth was saying that finding and proving the truth is the most important thing. At the time I know he meant that it's more important than a non-guilty verdict, but I feel he meant it in an overall sense as well. I'm not saying that Edgeworth shouldn't be conflicted, but Edgeworth knew who was guilty, and knew he had the means to prove the truth. So it just seems weird to me that Edgeworth would waver in his convictions especially if it meant letting the criminal get away. It just doesn't seem like post 2-4 Edgeworth, but I guess that's because I see Edgeworth as the kind of person who wouldn't waver after his enlightenment.

I'm sorry if that seems weird or anything.
Re: GK Contradictions (spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Gender: Female

Location: America

Rank: Admin

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:16 am

Posts: 5255

Tomoshibi Amatsu wrote:
etc etc

...I'm sorry if that seems weird or anything.[/spoiler]


Spoiler:
No, I totally understand what you're saying, but I think you're being a little too hard on Edgeworth. In every case the circumstances are a little different, and they deserve to be analyzed separately. Sure Edgeworth has declared that it is the truth that matters most, but if he didn't have that slight hesitation when it came to the method, he would be no better than Yatagarasu. In the end it was only a short moment of indecision.

I think if you didn't allow for Edgeworth to have those short moments of doubt, his character would flatten out pretty fast.

ImageImage
Re: GK Contradictions (spoilers)Topic%20Title

Gender: Male

Location: Pennsylvaina

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 11:43 am

Posts: 380

Croik wrote:
Tomoshibi Amatsu wrote:
etc etc

...I'm sorry if that seems weird or anything.[/spoiler]


Spoiler:
No, I totally understand what you're saying, but I think you're being a little too hard on Edgeworth. In every case the circumstances are a little different, and they deserve to be analyzed separately. Sure Edgeworth has declared that it is the truth that matters most, but if he didn't have that slight hesitation when it came to the method, he would be no better than Yatagarasu. In the end it was only a short moment of indecision.

I think if you didn't allow for Edgeworth to have those short moments of doubt, his character would flatten out pretty fast.


Spoiler:
Yeah I suppose you're right. Maybe I am being a bit too hard on him. Not intentionally though. I guess even Edgeworth needs to have moral conflicts sometimes. After all he'd be pretty much a robot if he didn't feel anything towards his actions at all.

Guess I just figured that Edgeworth strongly knows what's right and wrong that he's confident enough to be able to make a decision such as that instantly. I'm not saying he isn't now, but I guess any one in his position would have some doubt.
Re: GK Contradictions (spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Squirtle!

Gender: Male

Location: All around Pennsylvania

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:34 am

Posts: 490

Spoiler: case 4
the courtroom from apollo justice is used in mile's flashback case. The witness stand and all

Maybe its just a different courtroom?
Married to SnowWright! Father of Tornado of Souls!
Re: GK Contradictions (spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

My name is Judge.

Gender: Male

Location: Just Outside Your Peripherals

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:47 pm

Posts: 1608

Spoiler: Case 4
No, it's called a retcon, they completely ignored the fact that the courtroom looked like it did in PW1-3 and changed it to look like the AJ courtroom, which isn't bad, as I personally like the AJ Courtroom Better

Re: GK Contradictions (spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Squirtle!

Gender: Male

Location: All around Pennsylvania

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:34 am

Posts: 490

Percei wrote:
Spoiler: Case 4
No, it's called a retcon, they completely ignored the fact that the courtroom looked like it did in PW1-3 and changed it to look like the AJ courtroom, which isn't bad, as I personally like the AJ Courtroom Better

Spoiler: AJ Case 4
What about the flashback case in aj? That uses the original courtroom

Married to SnowWright! Father of Tornado of Souls!


Last edited by jonathanrp on Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: GK Contradictions (spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Moving on up!

Gender: Female

Location: USA

Rank: Donor

Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:22 pm

Posts: 5333

jonathanrp wrote:
Percei wrote:
Spoiler: Case 4
No, it's called a retcon, they completely ignored the fact that the courtroom looked like it did in PW1-3 and changed it to look like the AJ courtroom, which isn't bad, as I personally like the AJ Courtroom Better

Spoiler: Refers to GK case four
What about the flashback case in aj? That uses the original courtroom




Spoiler: GK Case 4
Those designers might have been more conscious of the fact that using the old courtroom would look better against the old sprites than the new courtroom would.Them using the newer courtroom in this game seems more like an anachronism to me than a total retcon. That's just my opinion though.

Image
Thanks to Blinq for the awesome sig. Click the sig, see my stuff.
Edgeworth/Maya Community. A friends, as lovers, as part of OT3s. All Welcome.
"Yeah, I wouldn't go asking random guys if you can lick their penor." crouton December 2009
Re: GK Contradictions (spoilers)Topic%20Title

Just a random passerby

Gender: Male

Location: Hyrule

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:42 pm

Posts: 623

Tomoshibi Amatsu wrote:
Croik wrote:

Spoiler:
I disagree, I thought it was very in character. As someone who has already rejected the idea of "Get someone guilty by any means necessary" it would be very strange if he didn't feel some conflict over having to use illegal evidence against Carnage.


Spoiler:
But technically haven't Phoenix and Edgeworth done it before? I mean look at case 1-5. Sure they used evidence law to get Gant, but they still used evidence they acquired illegally. After all I wouldn't say that breaking into Gants safe was legal, but that didn't seem to phase either of them then.

Then in 2-4 I may be misinterpreting it, but it seemed to me Edgeworth was saying that finding and proving the truth is the most important thing. At the time I know he meant that it's more important than a non-guilty verdict, but I feel he meant it in an overall sense as well. I'm not saying that Edgeworth shouldn't be conflicted, but Edgeworth knew who was guilty, and knew he had the means to prove the truth. So it just seems weird to me that Edgeworth would waver in his convictions especially if it meant letting the criminal get away. It just doesn't seem like post 2-4 Edgeworth, but I guess that's because I see Edgeworth as the kind of person who wouldn't waver after his enlightenment.

I'm sorry if that seems weird or anything.

Spoiler:
Don't forget Phoenix using the ear medicene to trick Furio Tigre.
Re: GK Contradictions (spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Squirtle!

Gender: Male

Location: All around Pennsylvania

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:34 am

Posts: 490

rydus65 wrote:
Tomoshibi Amatsu wrote:
Croik wrote:

Spoiler:
I disagree, I thought it was very in character. As someone who has already rejected the idea of "Get someone guilty by any means necessary" it would be very strange if he didn't feel some conflict over having to use illegal evidence against Carnage.


Spoiler:
But technically haven't Phoenix and Edgeworth done it before? I mean look at case 1-5. Sure they used evidence law to get Gant, but they still used evidence they acquired illegally. After all I wouldn't say that breaking into Gants safe was legal, but that didn't seem to phase either of them then.

Then in 2-4 I may be misinterpreting it, but it seemed to me Edgeworth was saying that finding and proving the truth is the most important thing. At the time I know he meant that it's more important than a non-guilty verdict, but I feel he meant it in an overall sense as well. I'm not saying that Edgeworth shouldn't be conflicted, but Edgeworth knew who was guilty, and knew he had the means to prove the truth. So it just seems weird to me that Edgeworth would waver in his convictions especially if it meant letting the criminal get away. It just doesn't seem like post 2-4 Edgeworth, but I guess that's because I see Edgeworth as the kind of person who wouldn't waver after his enlightenment.

I'm sorry if that seems weird or anything.

Spoiler:
Don't forget Phoenix using the ear medicene to trick Furio Tigre.

Hmm ... Bringing up gant makes me think
Spoiler: 1-5
at the very end of rise from the ashes edgeworth said something about "pulling the same stunt gant did". Could edgeworth be inadvertently forshadowing his presenting knowenlingly illegal (and potentially forged) evidence to convict a criminal in gk-5? Anyway that just made me wonder's all.

Married to SnowWright! Father of Tornado of Souls!
Re: GK Contradictions (spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:56 am

Posts: 1371

I was working on my AAO Fan game which has Himiko as the main character when I did her profile and realized something. Her age is contradictory.

The main site says she is 22. I can't be bothered playing The Departed Turnabout but...

Spoiler:
If she is 22, then that makes her having a younger sister impossible. We know that she had a younger sister who died 10 years before Case 4. But Yuuko was working at the Cordopian Embassy so she had to be at least 16. If Kazura is 22 in Case 4, minus 10, that would be 12 then Yuuko has to be 11 and younger which can't be true. Of course, Kazura's age could be a glaring contradiction that Badou picked up on but I haven't played Case 4 in a while, so I've forgotten.


Can anyone solve this?
Image
Re: GK Contradictions (spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Moving on up!

Gender: Female

Location: USA

Rank: Donor

Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:22 pm

Posts: 5333

Ptapcc wrote:
I was working on my AAO Fan game which has Himiko as the main character when I did her profile and realized something. Her age is contradictory.

The main site says she is 22. I can't be bothered playing The Departed Turnabout but...

Spoiler:
If she is 22, then that makes her having a younger sister impossible. We know that she had a younger sister who died 10 years before Case 4. But Yuuko was working at the Cordopian Embassy so she had to be at least 16. If Kazura is 22 in Case 4, minus 10, that would be 12 then Yuuko has to be 11 and younger which can't be true. Of course, Kazura's age could be a glaring contradiction that Badou picked up on but I haven't played Case 4 in a while, so I've forgotten.


Can anyone solve this?



Spoiler:
I think it's implied that she was lying about that entire incident. There never was a sister. I'm not sure if that's correct, but I think I remember reading that somewhere on the site.

Image
Thanks to Blinq for the awesome sig. Click the sig, see my stuff.
Edgeworth/Maya Community. A friends, as lovers, as part of OT3s. All Welcome.
"Yeah, I wouldn't go asking random guys if you can lick their penor." crouton December 2009
Re: GK Contradictions (spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:56 am

Posts: 1371

Lunaria42 wrote:
Ptapcc wrote:
I was working on my AAO Fan game which has Himiko as the main character when I did her profile and realized something. Her age is contradictory.

The main site says she is 22. I can't be bothered playing The Departed Turnabout but...

Spoiler:
If she is 22, then that makes her having a younger sister impossible. We know that she had a younger sister who died 10 years before Case 4. But Yuuko was working at the Cordopian Embassy so she had to be at least 16. If Kazura is 22 in Case 4, minus 10, that would be 12 then Yuuko has to be 11 and younger which can't be true. Of course, Kazura's age could be a glaring contradiction that Badou picked up on but I haven't played Case 4 in a while, so I've forgotten.


Can anyone solve this?



Spoiler:
I think it's implied that she was lying about that entire incident. There never was a sister. I'm not sure if that's correct, but I think I remember reading that somewhere on the site.


....

EDIT: I've figured out the reason why I was confused. I forgot something so simple.

Spoiler:
Yuuko was killed in 2008 and GK takes place in 2019 so that was 11 years ago which explains the contradiction. Himiko was 19 when Yuuko was killed which is reasonable :payne:

Image
Re: GK Contradictions (spoilers)Topic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:25 pm

Posts: 1

Spoiler: AJ Case 3 & AAI Case 2
In the ending scenes of case 2 in AAI, Franziska mentions that she isn't working on the smuggling ring by herself and she mentions that she has a partner in investigation, which "will be clear to you later on" or something like that.
Anyhow, we can safely acknowledge that she is talking about Romein LeTouse, in AJ Case 3, where he is on a secret mission - surprise surprise - regarding smuggling ring from Borginia to outer world, and was shot later on. How is this possible, though? Nor Edgeworth or Franziska know that he'd be shot or he WAS shot, and - in fact - it should not be known by them. After all, they don't appear a single time in AJ Case 3, Edgeworth isn't in charge of prosecuting and Franziska has gone to Germany for good.
Is my view of the timeline twisted, or is this a contradiction right here? :yogi:
Re: GK Contradictions (spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Mostly human

Gender: Male

Location: Blighty, old chum.

Rank: Moderators

Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:50 pm

Posts: 1138

Spoiler: response
It's not Letouse, Lang is the third person. Edgeworth remarks upon this when he first meets him in case 3.
Re: GK Contradictions (spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: England

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:02 am

Posts: 107

Sanguine wrote:
Spoiler: AJ Case 3 & AAI Case 2
In the ending scenes of case 2 in AAI, Franziska mentions that she isn't working on the smuggling ring by herself and she mentions that she has a partner in investigation, which "will be clear to you later on" or something like that.
Anyhow, we can safely acknowledge that she is talking about Romein LeTouse, in AJ Case 3, where he is on a secret mission - surprise surprise - regarding smuggling ring from Borginia to outer world, and was shot later on. How is this possible, though? Nor Edgeworth or Franziska know that he'd be shot or he WAS shot, and - in fact - it should not be known by them. After all, they don't appear a single time in AJ Case 3, Edgeworth isn't in charge of prosecuting and Franziska has gone to Germany for good.
Is my view of the timeline twisted, or is this a contradiction right here? :yogi:


Spoiler: Case 2
I think she's talking about someone else.

Image

Watch me as I gravitate...ahahaha

Image
Re: GK Contradictions (spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

1000% Knight

Gender: Male

Rank: Moderators

Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:06 pm

Posts: 6901

Sanguine wrote:
Spoiler: AJ Case 3 & AAI Case 2
In the ending scenes of case 2 in AAI, Franziska mentions that she isn't working on the smuggling ring by herself and she mentions that she has a partner in investigation, which "will be clear to you later on" or something like that.
Anyhow, we can safely acknowledge that she is talking about Romein LeTouse, in AJ Case 3, where he is on a secret mission - surprise surprise - regarding smuggling ring from Borginia to outer world, and was shot later on. How is this possible, though? Nor Edgeworth or Franziska know that he'd be shot or he WAS shot, and - in fact - it should not be known by them. After all, they don't appear a single time in AJ Case 3, Edgeworth isn't in charge of prosecuting and Franziska has gone to Germany for good.
Is my view of the timeline twisted, or is this a contradiction right here? :yogi:

Spoiler:
I'm pretty sure it was Akbey and Lang




Anyway, this isn't really a contradiction, but rather an alternate situation:
Spoiler: case 3
The whole bent hallway/mirror wall contradiction can easily be explained: The mirror wall was broken before the murder. Someone (park staff, murderer, whoever) moved the badger doll to the end of the main hallway, just as decoration. Meanwhile, Devorae (and Devorae alone; Lance never entered the Haunted House) hid in the branch hallway. (Edgey didn't notice the branch hallway b/c of the beam he mentioned.) Also, there could've been a backhanded swing, as Croik pointed out earlier, so the left/right thing is resolved. The sound of breaking glass Edgey heard was part of the background noise; if the speaker that played it was in the dining room, it would've sounded much louder to Edgey.

Summary: The sound of the mirror breaking was background noise. The mirror wall was broken before, and the doll moved into the end hallway (we don't know if it was actually mirrored at the time of the murder). The assailant hid in the branch hallway; in this situation, there is no need for Lance to also be there, or for there to be a murder, or anything.

Hope that came out semi-coherently :oops:
Re: GK Contradictions (spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

In The Middle of It Now

Gender: None specified

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:53 pm

Posts: 586

I just finished AAI. Fantastic game.

First of all, answering a certain spoiler based on sisterhood...

Spoiler: MASSIVE AAI-5 Spoiler, Do NOT read if you wish to complete the game spoiler free
Calisto Yew was not the sister of Cece Yew. This was proved when she revealed she was a mole going under multiple aliases, and Calisto's real name was never actually given.


Anyway, some problems...

Spoiler: AAI-1 & 3
Edgeworth claims this was the first time the two were in contact, and while Edgey and Sportsman may not have talked, Sportsman did state his full name, and then apprehend Lance, who Edgey had spent that entire last chapter going after. It is extremely unlike Edgey, and a total break in character, that he did not make a mental note of Sportsman's peculiar attitude after he talked to Lance, making it tres weird he treats Sportsman as a total stranger in AAI-1.


Spoiler: AAI-5
So apparently, Queerces dripped some blood onto a box of Samurai Dogs. Considering the Samurai Dogs were on the floor, and the cut on Q was chest height, how on earth did that not splatter, if we assume the box was level, or run, if the box was tilted?

Furthermore, Edgey could have ended the scenario with the pulley explanation twice as fast by referencing that Shii-Male had broken the ceiling fan as to collect the wire which she then wound up and stuffed in the clock, which by the way was never explained in game.


Spoiler: AAI-4 & Franzy in general
Franziska in AAI is depicted as 19, same as GS3, indicating her birthday is post March, but pre October. Now, AAI-4 takes place when Franzy is 12, in the month of February. There is a comment about her bar Examination being due later in February, near the start of the case. If this is true, she would have gone home after AAI-4, completed her Bar Exam, and become a prosecutor still at Age 12. It is clearly stated she became a prosecutor at 13. The only way around this is that it took a longer time than expected to process her Bar Exam results, which is reliant upon Franzy's Birthday being pretty much March 1st.
Re: GK Contradictions (spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

1000% Knight

Gender: Male

Rank: Moderators

Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:06 pm

Posts: 6901

Prosecutor Manella wrote:
Spoiler: AAI-1 & 3
Edgeworth claims this was the first time the two were in contact, and while Edgey and Sportsman may not have talked, Sportsman did state his full name, and then apprehend Lance, who Edgey had spent that entire last chapter going after. It is extremely unlike Edgey, and a total break in character, that he did not make a mental note of Sportsman's peculiar attitude after he talked to Lance, making it tres weird he treats Sportsman as a total stranger in AAI-1.

Spoiler: AAI 1 thru 3
Well, Edgey had gone through two murders and a kidnapping by that point, and it was the middle of the night, and Jaques was there for about 5 seconds. It's not too much of a stretch to imagine that Edgey was really tired and just didn't remember him.

Re: GK Contradictions (spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Gender: Female

Location: America

Rank: Admin

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:16 am

Posts: 5255

Bad Player wrote:
Spoiler: AAI 1 thru 3
Well, Edgey had gone through two murders and a kidnapping by that point, and it was the middle of the night, and Jaques was there for about 5 seconds. It's not too much of a stretch to imagine that Edgey was really tired and just didn't remember him.


Spoiler:
But Edgeworth did recognize him. When they meet in AAI he says, "You're that prosecutor..." So he remembered his face at least, if not his name.

ImageImage
Re: GK Contradictions (spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

1000% Knight

Gender: Male

Rank: Moderators

Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:06 pm

Posts: 6901

Croik wrote:
Bad Player wrote:
Spoiler: AAI 1 thru 3
Well, Edgey had gone through two murders and a kidnapping by that point, and it was the middle of the night, and Jaques was there for about 5 seconds. It's not too much of a stretch to imagine that Edgey was really tired and just didn't remember him.


Spoiler:
But Edgeworth did recognize him. When they meet in AAI he says, "You're that prosecutor..." So he remembered his face at least, if not his name.

Spoiler:
...Y'see, I don't really remember the itty gritty lines from the very beginning of the game :oops: But remembering a name but not a face seems like something Edgey could do when really tired.

Page 1 of 9 [ 355 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Archive.org [Bot], Google [Bot] and 1 guest

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO