Court Records
http://forums.court-records.net/

"I just want to know one thing"
http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=15399
Page 1 of 11

Author:  Croik [ Wed May 27, 2009 12:35 am ]
Post subject:  "I just want to know one thing"

Ok this time I won't be away from home when the game breaks so I'll keep up better, I swear!

Anyway, this thread is for simple questions that people would like answered without being spoiled for the whole game: things like "Does Phoenix appear?" or "Are there investigative minigames?" and things like that.

ALL questions and ALL answers MUST BE UNDER A SPOILER TAG. Obviously some questions in themselves are not spoilers, but let me be the judge of that when I add them to this post. Make sure you tag your spoilers with the case number! And don't ask a question if you're not sure you want the answer (such as "Is ____ guilty?")




Q. Does Phoenix appear?

Spoiler:
Only in the background.


Q. Do the "criminals" still have breakdown animatins?

Spoiler:
Yes.


Q. How do the cases end?

Spoiler:
With "that person is under arrest" and Edgeworth's inner monologue setting up for the next case.


Q. How does the game end?

Spoiler: Simply
Happily.


Spoiler: Less Simply
The villain is caught, everyone goes home happy, all the characters that are left get their little tagline in the credits - just like every other game.


Q. If Ema's there do we get to use Luminol?

Spoiler:
No. Sorry.


Q. Are there mini games like in GS4?

Spoiler:
No, none.


Q. Is there case art?

Spoiler:
No, only character art for each chapter.


Q. Are there any flashbacks/flashback cases?

Spoiler:
Yes


Q. Do we learn more about Edgeworth and Gumshoe's background?

Spoiler:
Yes


Q. Do we learn more about Edgeworth and Franziska's background?

Spoiler:
Yes


Q. Is Franziska's sister mentioned?

Spoiler:
No


Q. Is there any mention of Phoenix's disbarrment?

Spoiler:
No


Q. When do the cases take place?

Spoiler:
Case 1: March 14 2019
Case 2: March 12 2019
Case 3: March 13 2019
Case 4: September 10 2011
Case 5: March 14/15 2019


Thanks to certain references in the game, I'm pretty sure about those years.

Q. What references?

Spoiler: Case 1, Case 3, Case 5
In Case 1, Edgeworth says he is coming back to Japan after being away for about a month. This would put it about a month after 3-5, which makes sense if we assume he went back overseas to finish his affairs and then returned to Japan for good. It couldn't be the year before, because that would put it in the middle of JFA, rendering 2-4 ret-conned.

In Case 3 a reference is made to Viola of Tender Lender, which she was not running herself until after 3-3.

In Case 5 Rou remarks that the Mask DeMasque case took place "a few months ago."

Therefore the game is undoubtedly set after T&T, but because of the ages given, it can't be a year after 3-5.


Q. I still think you're wrong about one of those.

Spoiler: Case 4
Case 4 takes place "7 years" before GK, so you'd normally assume it takes place in 2012, but we also know it took place "a few months before" Edgeworth's first case against Mia (this is stated outright in the game). It must be 2011.


Q. Is there an over-arching plot?

Spoiler:
Yes.


Q. Is there a final boss?

Spoiler:
Yes.


Q. Did they leave room for a sequel?

Spoiler:
Very much so.


Q. Which old characters return as big roles? (i.e. have full sized sprites?)

Spoiler:
Miles Edgeworth, Dick Gumshoe, Franziska von Karma, Maggey Byrde, Mike Meekins, Ema Skye, Wendy Oldbag, Manfred von Karma, Larry Butz, and The Judge.


Q. Which old characters return as cameos? (i.e. only have little sprites or are in the background?)

Spoiler:
Winston Payne, Sal Manella, Lotta Hart, and what may or may not be The Bellboy. There's a shot of Phoenix, Maya, and Pearl around but I missed it my first playthrough.


Q. Who are those guys in suits behind Rou and Shiina on that one group art?

Spoiler: Not really a spoiler
Rou's investigators. There are 100 of them.


Q. Are there any new canon ships involving main characters?

Spoiler:
No.


Q. Who is the killer of case 1?

Spoiler: Case 1
Makoto Yuuki


Q. What is the killer's motive in case 1?

Spoiler: Case 1
It is not fully explained in the first case. All you know by the end is that Yuuki killed Shinji while caught raiding Edgeworth's office. Our heros speculate he didn't want anyone to know he was a thief, but there seems to be a connection to an old case as well.


Q. Who is the victim in case 2?

Spoiler: Case 2
Akbey Hicks.


Q. Who is the killer in case 2?

Spoiler: Case 2
Wakana Shiraoto.


Q. Who is the victim in case 3?

Spoiler: Case 3
Masumi Ogura


Q. Who is the killer in case 3?

Spoiler: Case 3
Hikaru Amanogawa


Q. Who is the victim in case 4?

Spoiler: Case 4
Deed Man, Tooru Makari, and Kurou Ichijou


Q. Who is the killer in case 4?

Spoiler: Case 4
Tooru Makari (killed Deed Man) and Himiko Kazura


Q. Who is the victim in case 5?

Spoiler: Case 5
Manny Coachen and Aoi Akaishi.


Q. Who is the killer in case 5?

Spoiler: Case 5
Carnage Onred

Author:  Regy Rusty [ Wed May 27, 2009 2:25 am ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing"

I will start us off with a pre-emptive question:

Spoiler: 1st Case
Is Makoto Yuuki indeed the murderer in the first case as has been heavily implied?

Author:  Phenie [ Wed May 27, 2009 10:18 am ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Regy Rusty wrote:
Spoiler: 1st Case
Is Makoto Yuuki indeed the murderer in the first case as has been heavily implied?


Spoiler: Answer
Simply put, yes.

More detailed has more spoilers, be warned.

You do 'prove' Yuuki to be the murderer of the case, by finding him hiding evidence on his body - but he never admits it. It is generally accepted to be true by the end of the first case however. More importantly there was another 'incident' that took place at the same time in Mitsurugi's room, that was not Yuuki, but a thief that left behind a mark to his identity. This is convienetly found after you solve the case.

Author:  lonelywerewolf14 [ Wed May 27, 2009 10:25 am ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Quote:
Spoiler:
Simply put, yes.

More detailed has more spoilers, be warned.

You do 'prove' Yuuki to be the murderer of the case, by finding him hiding evidence on his body - but he never admits it. It is generally accepted to be true by the end of the first case however. More importantly there was another 'incident' that took place at the same time in Mitsurugi's room, that was not Yuuki, but a thief that left behind a mark to his identity. This is convienetly found after you solve the case.


Hmm...that sure sounds a lot like you know who...
Spoiler:
Kay :keylady:
But, anyway, on a side note...what was Yuuki's motive for killing that detective dude?

Author:  Phenie [ Wed May 27, 2009 10:39 am ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing"

lonelywerewolf14 wrote:
Spoiler: lonelywerewolf14
Kay :keylady:
But, anyway, on a side note...what was Yuuki's motive for killing that detective dude?



Spoiler: Answer
This is never really determined. However, based on the very beggining, Yuuki is seen speaking to the victim and saying that he 'will do anything for a guilty verdict' so this must have been his motive. The victim clearly knew something that would get some case a not guilty verdict, so he decided to kill him. I'm sure this will become more clear later in the game though.

Author:  lonelywerewolf14 [ Wed May 27, 2009 10:40 am ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Why does that suddenly sound so familiar?(Add Kristoph's theme, here...)
But, thanks anyway..Phenie for answering!

Author:  Nose [ Wed May 27, 2009 12:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing"

And one of the other major questions, What happens at the end of the cases?

Author:  Phenie [ Wed May 27, 2009 12:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Nose wrote:
And one of the other major questions, What happens at the end of the cases?


Spoiler: End of Cases
The End of cases...?
Only finished the first, probably almost the second now, but it ends just like a PW chapter. You solve the case and find who was responsible, and it ends with a kind of monolouge thing by Mitsurugi and leaves you with some strange unsolved part of the case to think about, and then ends with 'a new chapter as been unlocked'.

It ended with a 'Questioning' part at the end, and giving one more piece of evidence after that. Does that cover your question? :yuusaku:

Author:  Nose [ Wed May 27, 2009 1:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Yep, thanks.

Author:  Takuya [ Thu May 28, 2009 4:14 am ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Questions!

What is the name of the victim in the 2nd case?

Spoiler: Case 2
I heard that he's a Gavin/Garyuu. Is that true?


And as for the first question on Croik's post:

Quote:
Q. Does Phoenix appear?


Spoiler: Quite Major?
http://imagepot.net/view/124344245293.jpg
He does. And so do Maya and Pearl.

Author:  Bolt Storm [ Thu May 28, 2009 4:20 am ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Spoiler: Case 2 Victim
No, the case 2 victim is not a Gavin. He's a totally new character, Akbey Hicks.

Author:  MercuryKitten [ Thu May 28, 2009 5:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Okay. I just want really vague answers for these questions. What I want to know is whether either Franziska or Edgeworth's backstory is touched on. Basically, are there any references to, plotlines tying to, or characters from either Franziska or Miles's younger life or background (ie, in the style of 1-4?) I'd like the answer just to be a yes or no on each character, with perhaps a description of amount (nothing, a few references/cameos, a vital part of the storyline.). I'd prefer as few details as possible besides amount. Thanks so much! *hides from all the major spoilers*

Author:  mrowster [ Thu May 28, 2009 6:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Spoiler: Murder scene question
Yes or no answer, please, if anyone can. Possibly a silly question but I'm sure early on there was a screenshot of what appeared to be a murder scene outside of Wright & Co office. Is this a murder scene in the game? Thanks!

Author:  La Diable [ Thu May 28, 2009 7:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing"

MercuryKitten wrote:
Okay. I just want really vague answers for these questions. What I want to know is whether either Franziska or Edgeworth's backstory is touched on. Basically, are there any references to, plotlines tying to, or characters from either Franziska or Miles's younger life or background (ie, in the style of 1-4?) I'd like the answer just to be a yes or no on each character, with perhaps a description of amount (nothing, a few references/cameos, a vital part of the storyline.). I'd prefer as few details as possible besides amount. Thanks so much! *hides from all the major spoilers*


Just from looking around at other spoilers here, I can safely say...
Spoiler:
Yes, both Edgey and Franz, vital part of the storyline.

Author:  Oos [ Thu May 28, 2009 8:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Spoiler: GK-3
I've heard the bellboy is in case 3. Is this true, and are there pictures yet? :0

Author:  Nose [ Thu May 28, 2009 8:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Spoiler:
He appears in case 5 apparently. No screenshots as yet, but I'd expect some to appear in the next few days.

Author:  DigiFaith [ Thu May 28, 2009 10:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Yes or no answer, if you don't mind: Are any of the events in/leading to GS4 referenced in GK?

Also, do we know when the game takes place?

Thanks!

Author:  Rain Faraday [ Thu May 28, 2009 11:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing"

DigiFaith wrote:
Yes or no answer, if you don't mind: Are any of the events in/leading to GS4 referenced in GK?

Also, do we know when the game takes place?

Thanks!


Spoiler:
First question: Yes.

Second question: If I'm not wrong (I could be), most of it happens after 3-5, with at least one case happening before.

Author:  carico [ Fri May 29, 2009 1:18 am ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Just a couple questions.

What is the conversation Edgeworth has in the introduction to Case 1. I'd like to know what they're saying.

Second is a pretty open-ended question, will there be a possible fan-translation done? I sure hope so, yo.

Thanks for answering questions for everyone! : D

Author:  DingoEnderZOE2 [ Fri May 29, 2009 2:46 am ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing"

carico wrote:
Just a couple questions.

What is the conversation Edgeworth has in the introduction to Case 1. I'd like to know what they're saying.

Second is a pretty open-ended question, will there be a possible fan-translation done? I sure hope so, yo.

Thanks for answering questions for everyone! : D


Spoiler:
1.If you're talking about the conversation between him and the stranger pointing a gun at him from the back then I'll be glad to help you with that one:


{???}: Don't move.

{Edgeworth}: ......Who are you?

{???}: ................Keep quiet.

{Edgeworth}: .....Hmph. You're quite a reckless man to commit a murder in a prosecuter's Office.

*Bang!*

{Edgeworth}: .....Are you trying to threaten me?

{???}: ...............

{Edgeworth}: ......Allow me to give you one piece of warning.

{???}: What....?

{Edgeworth}: Don't assume you'll get away with having my office involved in this incident.

{???}: ...............



2.......Extremely doubtful, you know why? Because the game is definitely schueduled to soon be released in the states. Why would there be a fan translation if a release in the states are confirmed? I'd like to think people aren't that impatient....

Author:  icer [ Fri May 29, 2009 3:13 am ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Spoiler:
So, what are the dates of the cases?

Author:  Bolt Storm [ Fri May 29, 2009 3:21 am ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Spoiler: Dates
GK-1: March 14th morning
GK-2: March 12th
GK-3: March 13th
GK-4: March (?) seven years ago
GK-5: Either March 14th afternoon, or one year on from GK-1, I'm not sure.

Author:  carico [ Fri May 29, 2009 7:38 am ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing"

DingoEnderZOE2 wrote:
carico wrote:
Just a couple questions.

What is the conversation Edgeworth has in the introduction to Case 1. I'd like to know what they're saying.

Second is a pretty open-ended question, will there be a possible fan-translation done? I sure hope so, yo.

Thanks for answering questions for everyone! : D


Spoiler:
1.If you're talking about the conversation between him and the stranger pointing a gun at him from the back then I'll be glad to help you with that one:


{???}: Don't move.

{Edgeworth}: ......Who are you?

{???}: ................Keep quiet.

{Edgeworth}: .....Hmph. You're quite a reckless man to commit a murder in a prosecuter's Office.

*Bang!*

{Edgeworth}: .....Are you trying to threaten me?

{???}: ...............

{Edgeworth}: ......Allow me to give you one piece of warning.

{???}: What....?

{Edgeworth}: Don't assume you'll get away with having my office involved in this incident.

{???}: ...............



2.......Extremely doubtful, you know why? Because the game is definitely schueduled to soon be released in the states. Why would there be a fan translation if a release in the states are confirmed? I'd like to think people aren't that impatient....


Thank you so much for that. Edgeworth is such a prune. <3

I suspected there wasn't going to be a translation, and I'm rather glad there isn't. The localization is top-notch, and it would sorta kill it for me if there was something to take away the surprise of that. It would just tempt me to spoil everything for myself.

Thanks for answering my questions! : D

Author:  icer [ Fri May 29, 2009 11:47 am ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Bolt Storm wrote:
Spoiler: Dates
GK-1: March 14th morning
GK-2: March 12th
GK-3: March 13th
GK-4: March (?) seven years ago
GK-5: Either March 14th afternoon, or one year on from GK-1, I'm not sure.

Spoiler:
Thanks. Hmm, they do seem to have carefully skirted the controversial 'event' in April, unless GK-5 is indeed 1 year later.

Author:  Oos [ Fri May 29, 2009 2:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Edit: Oops. D: Apparently my question WAS answered. sorry~

Author:  Tinker [ Fri May 29, 2009 3:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Bolt Storm wrote:
Spoiler: Dates
GK-1: March 14th morning
GK-2: March 12th
GK-3: March 13th
GK-4: March (?) seven years ago
GK-5: Either March 14th afternoon, or one year on from GK-1, I'm not sure.

Spoiler:
That's a horribly short time for three (persumably at least one or two unrelated to each other) murder cases to happen to Edgeworth. Oh well, a prosecutor's life is a hard one 8U

Author:  imparanoid [ Fri May 29, 2009 5:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Spoiler: haha paranoia sucks
Does Edgeworth die at the very end? plz say no :nixiesob:

Author:  Rain Faraday [ Fri May 29, 2009 6:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing"

imparanoid wrote:
Spoiler: haha paranoia sucks
Does Edgeworth die at the very end? plz say no :nixiesob:


Spoiler:
I just finished the game. And I can say that he doesn't die. :edgy:

Author:  Pleading Eyes [ Fri May 29, 2009 9:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Okay, so my top secret OTP is starting to show. Tell me, how does Franziska interact with
Spoiler:
Larry?


They do meet in the game... or so I've heard.

Author:  Rain Faraday [ Fri May 29, 2009 9:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing"

pleadingeyes wrote:
Okay, so my top secret OTP is starting to show. Tell me, how does Franziska interact with
Spoiler:
Larry?


They do meet in the game... or so I've heard.


Spoiler:
Whipping sessions.

Author:  Bolt Storm [ Fri May 29, 2009 10:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Here's my own question:

What are the names of the cases?

Author:  Louise [ Fri May 29, 2009 11:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Which case has the dolphin??


DingoEnderZOE2 wrote:

Spoiler:
1.If you're talking about the conversation between him and the stranger pointing a gun at him from the back then I'll be glad to help you with that one:


{???}: Don't move.

{Edgeworth}: ......Who are you?

{???}: ................Keep quiet.

{Edgeworth}: .....Hmph. You're quite a reckless man to commit a murder in a prosecuter's Office.

*Bang!*

{Edgeworth}: .....Are you trying to threaten me?

{???}: ...............

{Edgeworth}: ......Allow me to give you one piece of warning.

{???}: What....?

{Edgeworth}: Don't assume you'll get away with having my office involved in this incident.

{???}: ...............


This made me go eep!

Author:  crouton [ Fri May 29, 2009 11:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing"

loobywright wrote:
DingoEnderZOE2 wrote:

Spoiler:
1.If you're talking about the conversation between him and the stranger pointing a gun at him from the back then I'll be glad to help you with that one:


{???}: Don't move.

{Edgeworth}: ......Who are you?

{???}: ................Keep quiet.

{Edgeworth}: .....Hmph. You're quite a reckless man to commit a murder in a prosecuter's Office.

*Bang!*

{Edgeworth}: .....Are you trying to threaten me?

{???}: ...............

{Edgeworth}: ......Allow me to give you one piece of warning.

{???}: What....?

{Edgeworth}: Don't assume you'll get away with having my office involved in this incident.

{???}: ...............


This made me go eep!


Edgeworth's got some balls there. XD

Author:  Croik [ Sat May 30, 2009 5:11 am ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Bolt Storm wrote:
Here's my own question:

What are the names of the cases?


I'm not 100% sure of the best translations for these, which is why I haven't posted them around the site yet. Suggestions welcomed.

Spoiler:
Turnabout Visitor
Turnabout Airline
The Kidnapped Turnabout
The Departed Turnabout
Turnabout Up In Flames

Author:  Bolt Storm [ Sat May 30, 2009 5:16 am ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing"

All of those seem fine to me, really, but I don't speak Japanese, so I can't help.

(Although incidentally I've picked up the kanji for "weapon" and "person" from GK. This will be entirely useless in my future life.)

Author:  Nose [ Sat May 30, 2009 9:56 am ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Is Croik going to do a "My overall thoughts of the game" thread (much like what was done for Apollo Justice) after she's completed the game? I'd quite like to see how the game stacks up to the others.

Author:  The Sandwich [ Sat May 30, 2009 1:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Croik wrote:
Bolt Storm wrote:
Here's my own question:

What are the names of the cases?


I'm not 100% sure of the best translations for these, which is why I haven't posted them around the site yet. Suggestions welcomed.

Spoiler:
Turnabout Visitor
Turnabout Airline
The Kidnapped Turnabout
The Departed Turnabout
Turnabout Up In Flames


I've seen JapaneseGIRL refer to the later three cases as 'Kidnapping Turnabout', 'Passed Turnabout' and 'Burning Turnabout' is that's any help. 8U

Author:  imparanoid [ Sat May 30, 2009 9:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing"

When do you think the GK sprites will be uploaded to the site? I know these things take time, but I was hoping for some sort of timeframe.

Author:  Croik [ Sat May 30, 2009 11:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Nose wrote:
Is Croik going to do a "My overall thoughts of the game" thread (much like what was done for Apollo Justice) after she's completed the game? I'd quite like to see how the game stacks up to the others.


Sure, why not! I'll just raid the impressions thread. I actually haven't quite finished yet - was out all day today - but by Sunday night I should be finished with case 5 and then the beefy updating will begin.

Quote:
When do you think the GK sprites will be uploaded to the site? I know these things take time, but I was hoping for some sort of timeframe.


In my runthrough I've only been capping mugshots, evidence, and the flashy face shots (when going into a confrontation - though I did miss two). If anything else has been caught it should be in the Rips thread. I PMd one of our hacker friends but haven't heard back yet, so if I don't soon we'll start dividing up the cases and hope for volunteers. I can't give you a more accurate timeline than that, sorry.

Author:  imparanoid [ Sun May 31, 2009 12:00 am ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing"

Croik wrote:
In my runthrough I've only been capping mugshots, evidence, and the flashy face shots (when going into a confrontation - though I did miss two). If anything else has been caught it should be in the Rips thread. I PMd one of our hacker friends but haven't heard back yet, so if I don't soon we'll start dividing up the cases and hope for volunteers. I can't give you a more accurate timeline than that, sorry.

Thanks so much anyways!

Page 1 of 11 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/