Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby

Page 3 of 4[ 134 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Re: Case 3 Discussion Thread - (SPOILERS)Topic%20Title

Perfect whine record

K2J wrote:
icer wrote:
I love the 'Badger Bible'. 'UNIQUE PINK BOW!' I love how they also worked 'Proto- Badger' into it.

I thought "The Bad Badger: He Has a Gun!" was an excellent pastiche.

Just finished Case 3. Must say I preferred Turnabout Airlines much more than this.

Watch me as I gravitate...ahahaha

Call me Ishmael.

I finished it recently as well. It was good, but the last part dragged on forever.
Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247

The member who doesn't swear much

I both liked and hated this case. I loved all the references, I loved most of the lines and I loved all the main characters introduced in this case. But I HATED Lance. He was everything I hated.

The breakdown was incredibly disappointing and I saw many of the twists coming like the relationship between the victim and Lauren, and Lance's roll. Honestly, Capcom, I'm disappointed in you.

But I love you at the same time. The Phoenix cameo was so hard to notice that when I felt like taking a stroll and saw it, I was so happy. All the references and cameos, the lines (especially from Gummy, Kay and Edgey) were brilliant and Lang is just cool. Cooler than I thought he'd be, and that's saying something.

Hopefully, case 4 will be better.
Married to KSAT~. Super Cammy (known as Cammyflage) sprite in avvie by Looby.

I Do LPs. Here's a link to watch them on my channel on YouTube.

Last edited by BSX on Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Humph.

Case 3... I MISSED ??????????!!!!!!

Spoiler: Huge spoilers from the games GS1-4 and the fact that this can be considered as a spoiler for GK, blah blah blah...
Anyway, it wasn't the best case, actually, the return of the wicked witch (who, if I am not mistaken, appeared in every game so far, yes, even GS4 during the trailer when Apollo is considered as MaskDeMasqueIV) the weakling officer (who shouldn't even be on the force as he was kicked off and became a useless bailiff, maybe that happened after Case 3?), and Ema was impressive. I got nothing to say except she's missing a few badges and her eyes keep on changing color. And the analysis she does is different than in GS4 but she's analyzing the same thing. Hm...

Yes, I know Phoenix and Maya are in there, I never saw them. But I noticed the Maximillion Galactica vs. Troupe Gramarye. Maybe they have to fight the previous champion for the title? Oh, and Klavier said that his little band got popular before the trial of Shadi Enigmar, that's where the stage comes in.

Wow, I just wrote 2 paragraphs on spoilers.
Ace Attorney MIDI rips!

Please visit my forum!

Engaged to P!ATD.
Bought an apartment at the Otaku.

[Words]

Oh cruel fate, I never once saw that Phoenix cameo. Where the heck was it??? In fact, I think I missed a lot of cameos.
Anyways, I loved Kay and I like the Little Thief system, but I didn't like the case that much. The confrontations with Lang was cool too and if Capcom wanted me to despise him then mission achieved, but I think the problem is that I didn't care about any of the bad guys in this one. I preferred Turnabout Airlines.

Um...Did anybody else notice that we never figured out where the Badbadgermobile went?

I noticed that too justis.

And you can see the Phoenix cameo when you're supposed to talk to Lauren and Ernest (when they're next to each other). You go to the bridge at the enterance of the park and in the background should be Phoenix, Pearl and Maya in a boat.

Humph.

I loved Shi-Long Lang (or as someone said, SHI-LONG FUCKING LANG) and especially his Not so Fast! voice acting. They should have added VAs for all characters.
Ace Attorney MIDI rips!

Please visit my forum!

Engaged to P!ATD.

[Words]

I dunno why everybody's making a big deal about "Not So Fast!" It's nice, but nothing spectacular IMO. Oh, and the subtle Bellboy reference in this case is one of my favourite cameos.

Anyone else get spooked out by the Badger going for Edgeworth in the opening cinematic?

TheoMANOo wrote:
The best part was seeing Ema again <3
The worse thing about that is her time was limited. I thought she'd play a much larger role.

QBnoYouko wrote:
Anyone else get spooked out by the Badger going for Edgeworth in the opening cinematic?

Yes, actually. The atmosphere was perfect there.

Also, in the haunted house, in the room that Edgeworth drops the money, is that a picture of Manny Coachen? If so, don't spoil anything about Manny himself. I only just started AAI-4 so I know very little about him and I'd like it to stay that way for now.

Here I was thinking this case is easy, and now I'm stuck. I can't figure out how to prove Lauren and Deacon/Devorae didn't know they were related.

What the hell is up with Ernest Amano's ears? They kind gross me out.

Humph.

Lance has the exact same thing. Also, please write a line from the testimony to show me where you are.

Anyway, the "Not so Fast!" just sounds (and looks) awesome to me.
Ace Attorney MIDI rips!

Please visit my forum!

Engaged to P!ATD.

Wherever you go, I will be there.

I found this to be my least favourite case. My favourite is either Case 2 or 4.

Signature by Myself
Sister of BSX and ChocolateXCheese

Prosecutor

Lance is kind of a bizarre character, in that he improvises one of the cleverest schemes in the series on the fly, but shows none of that composure when Edgeworth is dealing with him. It's nice to have a criminal who's sort of pathetic, but he doesn't have enough force to carry the case.

I loved the convoluted plot and the costume switches and the great ending, but yeah, the conspirators were a bit dull.

It's when Lang is trying to say that Lauren and Oliver/Colin planned the kidnapping knowing they were father and daughter. It's called "Another Possibility" and starts with Lang saying "I'll grant you that the two of them are father and daughter."

Prosecutor

That one is nasty. The game implies you're supposed to prove that they didn't know, and you have pieces of evidence that suggest that they didn't know - the report on Colin Devorae, for example. But if you use them, it doesn't work. Why?

Because you need to attack the problem from a different angle. Instead of thinking about what they knew, think about what's missing from Lang's view of the case, and find a statement to present that knowledge.

This is one of those cases where the designers hid the contradiction in order to fully test the player's understanding of the case, but unfortunately made the statements too misleading. You've probably already figured the key fact out, but didn't realize you were supposed to present here; same thing happened to me.

Oh good, I thought I was stupid when I got stuck earlier. Good thing GameFAQs exists.

I still don't get it. I've presented both pendants and the Colin Deverae dossier on every statement (I think).

moonfall wrote:
I still don't get it. I've presented both pendants and the Colin Deverae dossier on every statement (I think).

It's the costumes.

Actually, I was trying that and it didn't work. I must have been using the wrong one (was presenting the victim's costumes).

moonfall wrote:
Actually, I was trying that and it didn't work. I must have been using the wrong one (was presenting the victim's costumes).

Ok, present the costumes in the boxes on the fourth statement. If that doesn't work, then that's abnormal.

Creepiest opening ever! This case was all cameos, badgers and... stuff. Since case 1-5, I always thought the Blue Badger was evil and very creepy. This case totally... well, it made me thought that me thoughts were true. Plus, adding the whole blue badger family... At the end of the case, I was sick of seeing the badgers, plus when you are in the haunted house made by Little Theif. I disliked haunted houses, and examining the place with the creepy music at the end of the case... was too much for me to handle. I should NEVER EVER play these games at night again. *shudders*

I saw the Phoenix/Maya/Pearls cameo. I just can't believe I missed the Maximillion Galactica vs. Troupe Gramarye and the Gavinners cameo. Though, when I first saw the the stage and the G symbol, I thought it was what I thought it was.

I did suspect Lauren Paups when I first saw her. I didn't know it was a staged kidnapping. I was shocked when I figured that out, and was even shocked to know that Lauren may have killed her father. So why did Amano got taken away even though he had permission to do whatever he wants?

Shi-Long Lang is a nice addition. Definitely awesome how he treats all his men as family. Though, I didn't like how he was mean to Edgeworth, but he has his reasons.

Oh, I am so glad I wasn't the only one who was stuck on the part when we needed to prove how Lauren and Deacon/Devorae didn't know they were related. Who would have thought you needed to present the boxes of badger suits to show Lang that there were 3 kidnappers? Glad I got it right in the end.
Proud shipper of FeeniexIris, ApolloxEma.

Zoinks

Aaah the chronology of the cases is getting too confusing for my tastes. So far is it

1st: Case 2
2nd: Case 3
3rd: Case 1

?

Anyway although I find Kay Faraday to be the best female sidekick so far (I say female because you gotta love Dick), I didn't really like this case after I found out Lance was the mastermind behind the kidnapping. Things got boring and tedious pretty quick (Little Thief was a pretty cool idea though)
Ernest Armano's "There, there, there!" and "No, no, no!" or whatever didn't help.

Hopefully Case 4 will be better but apparently it's 7 years into the past why do we have to keep going back in time? |:
3DS Friend Code: 5129-1407-0950

| -#courtrecords- | -Last.fm- | -Twitter- |

I agree about the creepy-ass Badger. *shudder* Why are they called "badgers" anyway?

I found what really happened with the kidnapping a little too easy to figure out. The possibility occurred to me early on, and when I saw the Tender Lender note, I was certain. I think it might be because it's so similar to a certain case from T&T.

As for Lang, he's obnoxious, but anyone who can pwn Edgeworth like that is pretty awesome.

Yellow Magician wrote:
Hopefully Case 4 will be better but apparently it's 7 years into the past why do we have to keep going back in time? |:

WHAT NO FLASHBACK CASES ARE AMAZING

OT, Ema's cameo was sooo short. She really did nothing - there's even a bit later in the case where a piece of evidence needs Luminol testing and she's nowhere to be seen! I suppose they wanted to keep forensics out of AAI, but still...

Lauren just got on my nerves. If they'd made more of how she talked to herself I might've liked her a little better. Also her hair-cutting pose really didn't make much sense to me. Oh, well. Also, is it just me or did it seem like Lauren and Lance weren't acting as lovey-dovey as they were meant to be? They hardly even interacted.

Quote:

I found what really happened with the kidnapping a little too easy to figure out. The possibility occurred to me early on, and when I saw the Tender Lender note, I was certain. I think it might be because it's so similar to a certain case from T&T.

Oh yes:
A staged kidnapping between three people. One of the three people was helping out with it because they were in love with the person who planned it. The person who planned it did it to get money from their father but eventually had to end up murdering the last person involved with the kidnapping. Oh, and just for some variety there was a fake murder as well to create a witness. By the time the left-hand-right-hand and mirror contradictions came up it crossed the line of deja vu.

It was an okay case, I suppose, but it felt like they were trying to put too much into it. If the haunted house trick had been something we'd had in our possession since the beginning of the game it would've felt less random. Which badger was where got confusing - it would've been really helpful if they'd done a summary at some point in the case, but no. Kay was a fun partner, although I much prefer Franziska (obviously). Lang was awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome, and I personally loved Shih-na although I'm convinced she's a robot. (I particularly loved the line "It was all I could do to hold my laughter in", said with an entirely straight face.) Little Thief is really, really awesome too.

Did anyone notice the Cluedo reference? "Lance Amano, I accuse you of killing Oliver Deacon in the haunted house with the revolver!" Perfect~

Midnight Jasper wrote:
Did anyone notice the Cluedo reference? "Lance Amano, I accuse you of killing Oliver Deacon in the haunted house with the revolver!" Perfect~

I diiiiiid!
My CR family~ Mother: Naturally Lazy//Father: Phoenix_Apollo//Brothers: JadeRoach and Game Over

Great case! The beginning is so creepy XD! I love Edgey sliding down the pole \o/ Kay is cute, Lang is awesome and Oldbag.. hasn't changed.

The whole Oliver being Lauren's dad is sad D=

I wish Lance didn't call Lauren "Lolli" though. I have a friend who calls me Lolly D= And I'm not some crazy.
Imagesee how it withers before my flower of justiceImage

Mipeltaja = the real badass

Location: That one place. No, not that place, the other place.

Midnight Jasper wrote:
I personally loved Shih-na although I'm convinced she's a robot. (I particularly loved the line "It was all I could do to hold my laughter in", said with an entirely straight face.)

Spoiler: Case 5
That's actually really subtle foreshadowing.

Billie Jean is not my lover.

Aspiring to Inspire

BSX wrote:
I both liked and hated this case. I loved all the references, I loved most of the lines and I loved all the main characters introduced in this case. But I HATED Lance. He was everything I hated.

The breakdown was incredibly disappointing and I saw many of the twists coming like the relationship between the victim and Lauren, and Lance's roll. Honestly, Capcom, I'm disappointed in you.

But I love you at the same time. The Phoenix cameo was so hard to notice that when I felt like taking a stroll and saw it, I was so happy. All the references and cameos, the lines (especially from Gummy, Kay and Edgey) were brilliant and Lang is just cool. Cooler than I thought he'd be, and that's saying something.

Hopefully, case 4 will be better.

Yes, I agree. I saw them, too, completely by accident. That was one occasion where being air-headed came into good use. :think:
QBnoYouko wrote:

TheoMANOo wrote:
The best part was seeing Ema again <3
The worse thing about that is her time was limited. I thought she'd play a much larger role.

Yeah, the opening was quite gripping. Though, I least expected the mirror trick. I found that pretty cool. :grey:

As for Ema, I wish she was just the witness. I really missed her, and she was still cheery there. Man, I'm quite disappointed at how she turned out in AJ...
.: Click on the pictures for links! :.

ImageImageImageImage

ALL GLORY TO... SOMETHING

I really didn't like this case much. It was complicated and predictable at the same time. Staged kidnapping? Predictable plot twist. I had nothing leading me to that conclusion other than its sheer predictability. Oliver is Lauren's father? Unnecessary, only served as a wild goose chase subject. Lance is the killer? You just KNOW he's going to break those cuffs in his breakdown.

Also, I'm not so much of a fan of Little Thief. I would have preferred a surreal Edgey-recreating-the-scene-in-his-own-mind thing, snapping out of it regularly to explain his deductions to everyone else.

But the worst part is at the end, when Little Thief recreated the haunted house. I kept losing truth with the left hand/right hand things because I thought the Bad Badger had both hands free, due to the gun being ripped out of his hand. And everyone made a big deal about Edgey's blood being on a certain side of the sword, completely ignoring the possibility of flipping the sword or a backhand swing. And I thought the disappearing badger trick wasn't well designed, because people are going to notice a moving mirror wall. They would have to be absent while the wall moved, which would mean a trap door is quicker.

EDIT: Also, saying Lance struck Edgeworth with his bad hand to frame Oliver? Not only is that grasping at straws, but I can come up with a better explanation.

The sword was to his right so he grabbed it with his right hand. It would have been awkward otherwise with that costume on.

Surf's Up!

I thought this was an OK case, although I prefer the second case to this one. Lance being the true killer was too obvious, and the whole kidnapping plot being staged was very predictable.

As for the characters, I was annoyed that Ema was relegated to a small 30 second cameo. Other than that, the majority of the new characters were great: Lang was a worthy adversary, albeit an obnoxious one (his "Not so fast" is awesome though), and I felt sorry for Lauren about not knowing that "Oliver" was her father. Kay, however wasn't as good as I'd hoped she be (although the Little Thief gizmo that she has is pretty neat). as for everybody else, Lady Gaga...., er I mean Shih-na was likeable (even though she had little to do or say). Lance and his father however, are the only ones I dislike.

On the music side, both Lang's and Kay's theme are great, but the rest of the music in this level isn't that memorable to me.

Oh and one last thing: I NEVER WANT TO SEE ANOTHER MEMBER OF THE BADGER FAMILY EVER AGAIN! :zenitora:

[Words]

That Oliver is Lauren's dad twist was so obvious it hurts. As soon as Lauren said "I bet I wouldn't even recognize him if I saw him" it was pretty clear. And that happened about 2 hours before I beat the case. -_-

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

^^^This, it was painfully obvious.

And yet, I did not see Lance being the kidnapper coming, maybe I need to watch less animated movies and more academy award winning drama action movies, but it seemed like an amazing twist. Even more so when it turned out he was the killer.

Although looking back, Lance's plot and scheme reminds me suspiciously of a certain jeweler's daughter in a previous game. Hmm... :think-pw:
Life's a Happy Song when there's someone by your side to sing along!

When I made the last post, I didn't realize the case wasn't quite over. I'm getting really tired of right-vs-left-handed being an important aspect of a mystery. It's kind of an old plot device in the genre, and one you might find in a book written for 10-year-olds.

What I didn't expect was the very end. I thought Colin/Oliver was probably tied to KG-8 because it happened 10 years ago, but I didn't expect Amano to be the real culprit in that case (although I did see some mild spoilers on this topic about him being tied to smuggling). I guess this answers the question I had at the beginning of the case, "What kind of person would be friends with Manfred von Karma?"

Two more games coming up soon

Third cases are often the one that get the most hate. In my opinion, though, this one is either the best or second best third case in the series (granted, it's not up against great competition, contrary to case 4). The AAI style of investigation shows its full potential (I absolutely loved the last bit of investigation in the hallway). The atmosphere is as spooky as it's ever been (Badgers in costume are scary ;( ). The new characters are great, especially the Interpol agents.

Sure, some twists were predictable. I saw most of them coming (Lance kidnapping himself, Lauren being Deacon's daughter, Shi Long Lang actually being here to investigate Ernest, etc.), but the plot was so complicated that what I was really interested in was how they were all connected.

One thing I was disappointed in is that we didn't get to really confront the killer's testimony. We could have seen more of Lance... he seemed like an interesting character with an intriguing personality, and could have been developed a bit more, especially for someone who came up with such a convoluted plan to hide his guilt.

Strangely, I found this case incredibly difficult. It's the first time I got stuck that much in a case that's not the fourth or fifth one in a game. Shi Long Lang's testimony where he makes the argument that Lauren and her father knew they were related was REALLY hard for me. They didn't tell you like they usually do which statement is the contradictory one, and there were so many things I could point out that made what he said unlikely that I didn't know what to present.

I haven't finished the game, but so far I love how every single case is connected to one big plot.
Creator of Apollo Justice Case 5: Turnabout Substitution: Trailer - Download
Co-creator of New Year's Turnabout, Turnabout Revolution, and At Dawn's Break

Yeah, I got stuck on the stupid 'father-daughter relation, present costumes' testimony, too. I really wanted to finish the game without looking up a hint...

Anyone else think Lance's self-defense plea was a complete load? He was planning on killing Oliver and framing Lauren all along. Think about it. The mirror shatters pretty much immediately after Lance hangs up on Edgeworth, so where's the time for a struggle? By the time Edgey steps out the door right behind him, Lance has already moved Oliver's body to the end of the hallway to replace the missing Badger doll and hidden himself in the room around the corner, then knocks Edgeworth out...why? He was already leaving, so obviously it was to drag him back to the hideout and dress him as the Bad Badger to trick Lauren, and you know the rest.

For all the mistakes he made in the staged kidnapping (leaving the extra chair and cup, not tracking down the actual key to the hideout in advance so he wouldn't have to jam a sword through the handle, etc.), there's no way he came up with such a thorough staged murder plot on the spur of the moment.

Also, Ernest banning you from investigating the haunted house and requiring a simulation seemed like sort of a weak ending to me. I didn't think you could tell the police "I don't care if it's likely the scene of a murder, it's my house so you can't come in." Even if you could, why didn't Lang just get a search warrant?

I did like the case in general, but there's a few sticking points that made me blah.

Ich liebe dich, baby~

Proto Badger haunts me in my dreams. :larry:

Same here. I got stuck at Lang's argument at some point. I got it eventually, but not without a handful of penalties. I also agree that towards the end the case seemed to drag, particularly when the game starts brain-raping you testimony after testimony.

But enough about the negatives. My favorite part about this case would be the Little Thief. It was a creative and fun way to go about the investigation and it really shows how eager the developers were to infuse logical thinking into the players. GJ CAPCOM. OUO)-b That mirror trick was also quite clever. I never would've imagined how the trick worked had Miles not explained it in the game, sadly.

Aspiring to Inspire

I really wondered how the story would end, too. But Kay and Little Thief saved the day! I liked that interesting turning point.
.: Click on the pictures for links! :.

ImageImageImageImage

Interesting case. I found all the new characters as Lance, Lauren, Lang, and Kay great. The plot was great,
Spoiler:
especially the end with the part of the haunted house: it's sure for me right now: Edgeworth DO have brains!^^
I loved seeing Ema again, even if I'd have loved to have seen her more (her role in the case wasn't a very important one). Oldbag was hard to bear.

A thing that surprised me a bit was the "relation" between Manfred von Karma and Ernest Amano. Well I don't know why I've always thought that Miles has met Ernest between Ace Attorney 1 and JFA, but when you present your badge to Ernest he says something like "Manfred was really a great prosecutor, he was the best" and he names Miles the "true successor of Manfred" (I think he would've died for whip lashes if Fran had heard that). So I guess Manfred and Ernest knew each other quite well after all... I found this interesting.
Page 3 of 4 [ 134 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby