Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby

Page 7 of 7[ 271 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Re: Case 5 Discussion Thread (SPOILERS)Topic%20Title

Ich liebe dich, baby~

I just beat the case, and I must say, it was very satisfying. The overall atmosphere of the latter parts made for a very fitting end; Alba really felt like a final boss to me, complete with the sounds and everything. He reminded me a lot of Gant. xD

The proudest moment I had in this case would have to be figuring out the Yew-Shih-na connection before it was even hinted. Well... I guess it was sort of hinted already by then; it was when her face first appeared in the Logic panel. It suddenly got me to wondering what she had to do with everything, and then it hit me. I even went through comparing their mugshots and sprites and everything. x'3 *total nurd* I was at a loss for words, needless to say.

1000% Knight

Nii wrote:
The proudest moment I had in this case would have to be figuring out the Yew-Shih-na connection before it was even hinted. Well... I guess it was sort of hinted already by then; it was when her face first appeared in the Logic panel. It suddenly got me to wondering what she had to do with everything, and then it hit me. I even went through comparing their mugshots and sprites and everything. x'3 *total nurd* I was at a loss for words, needless to say.

That's the exact same time I also figured it out xD
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Surf's Up!

Just completed this case and I have to say that it's definitely the best: not only is there a load of fanservice (Missile, Lotta etc), we get to see the first ever instance of a AA character swear (that was just so awesome, and definitely better than Phoenix in 2-4). Also I liked working on two different cases, although I wasn't entirely happy for the way the DeMasque II case turned out).

As for the characters, Alba reminded me of Gant, although in a good way, and Palaeno really creeped me out (mostly because he never opens his eyes/ is too friendly) and I must admit he was my prime suspect for most of the case.

FINALLY finished the game OMG

This case didn't go on for as long as some people made it out to be :yogi:

This case was fucking awesome. I could have cried for Lang though when he found out his "loyal secretary" was a spy :sob:

Best case ever <3
Imagesee how it withers before my flower of justiceImage

Gettin' Old!

NinjaMonkey wrote:
Just completed this case and I have to say that it's definitely the best: not only is there a load of fanservice (Missile, Lotta etc), we get to see the first ever instance of a AA character swear (that was just so awesome, and definitely better than Phoenix in 2-4). Also I liked working on two different cases, although I wasn't entirely happy for the way the DeMasque II case turned out).

As for the characters, Alba reminded me of Gant, although in a good way, and Palaeno really creeped me out (mostly because he never opens his eyes/ is too friendly) and I must admit he was my prime suspect for most of the case.

When was the swear?

Oh and yes Alba and Gant seem very similar, I can imagine a very satisfying tag team of those two.

Anyway finished the case, it was awesome. I was thinking at the end of the "middle" part where the true nature of the Yatagarasu was revealed that it would be a MASSIVE challenge for the final part to overcome this but was amazing how well it worked out.

Oh yeah Badd is the best character in AA ever.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Ich liebe dich, baby~

Pierre wrote:
When was the swear?

I'm guessing it was Lang's "You BASTARD" line.

The Potatoe's NOT a lie!! *cheers*

Location: Having fun in the land of potatoes! (Ahh! Potatobadger!)

The best part for me what when Alba showed his true self. That transformation from old man to formidable adversary....I imediatly felt the way I had with Dahlia in 3-5, boss battle begin!

Idol of Polar Bears

.:looby:. wrote:

I bet Shih-na's breakdown had something to do with this illusion. It's like what happened in Bridge To The Turnabout, what with the climax (Dahlia's exorcism) occurring before the final confrontation with the "main antagonist" and making it seem like the game should have ended there - and I still think that big revelation border lined the shock tactic territory. It may as well have been that if her role in Alba's plot hadn't been established.

Gettin' Old!

Mr. Bear Jew wrote:
.:looby:. wrote:

I bet Shih-na's breakdown had something to do with this illusion. It's like what happened in Bridge To The Turnabout, what with the climax (Dahlia's exorcism) occurring before the final confrontation with the "main antagonist" and making it seem like the game should have ended there - and I still think that big revelation border lined the shock tactic territory. It may as well have been that if her role in Alba's plot hadn't been established.

I felt it suffered like this too. I had to check the chapter save to be sure I wasn't at the end of the game. Then Yew said "I killed no one tonight" and I was like "Aww man..." because I predicted that the real villain wouldn't exactly be able to live up to this kind of plot twist.

Bridge To the Turnabout was good in that it climaxed but then it let you down in a very sad ending.
However I felt that the conclusion to AAI1-5 was pretty well handled after the big reveal. Alba still made for a fascinating villain though I didn't quite get why he was so certain he could leave after his diplomatic immunity was revoked.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Seeing it as it is

I had fun playing through case 5, and some things there stuck with me because they felt out of place. Like Larry's Santa Claus excuse, for example. Just by pointing out that Santa comes down the chimney on Christmas eve doesn't exactly "contradict" Larry's actions in any way. Edgey could've also said, "And Larry, in case you're also forgetting...Santa Claus wears a big red suit carrying a sack of toys! Going down the chimney for him is traditional! Now just how is the Steel Samurai dropping down the chimney not suspicious!?"

And I can't understand why the gamemakers just had Edgey throwing Oldbag's undershirt out when he thought he didn't need it. Sure it's easy to figure out what it meant finding it in Alba's fireplace along with the Samurai Dog. It meant Alba used the secret fireplace getaway to get out of the dressing room after stuffing Manny's body into the Samurai's cart. I don't know, I wish they hadn't thrown out such an important piece of evidence. :lana:

Anyway case 5 was just okay with me, but all the knife handle switching and the statue switching had me confused a lot. x.x
Irving wrote:
Don't push my buttons, Buttons!

Idol of Polar Bears

Arti_Rei wrote:
Anyway case 5 was just okay with me, but all the knife handle switching and the statue switching had me confused a lot. x.x

That was the death of me in the Beginning, Part 2 segment. I actually thought the Yatagarasu Key design was the design used by Allebahst's knives and kept trying to poke holes in Shih-na's testimony with that.

Narumitsu > All

Three words can describe my feelings for Case 5:

Too. Fucking. Long.

Especially when you have to finish it quickly because you're getting SoulSilver the next day...

Anyway, it wasn't like it was boring or anything. But Alba was getting so fucking annoying and I just wanted to punch him.

Lang was extra badass during the confrontation with Shih-na.

BUDDY FAITH FOREVER

It was pretty long. If I play the game again, I think I'll count how many times Alba says "Welp gotta go catch my flight!"

And I agree with what some others said, I automatically found Shih-Na suspicious when she was put into the Logic things.

Overall it was a pretty good case though. Alba reminded me a lot of Gant, but I liked that you wouldn't automatically find Alba suspicious when you first see him, very much unlike Gant.
Thanks to Black-Harmonia! :)

Does it matter whether or not you present the trump card? I selected "no" and Edgeworth did it anyway.

Gettin' Old!

moonfall wrote:
Does it matter whether or not you present the trump card? I selected "no" and Edgeworth did it anyway.

I think you answered your own question there.

It's just a punishment-free moment of "No I can't do this!" "But you must!" "NGGGOOH! That's right...."

I was disappointed too, I'd kinda hoped they'd made a branching storyline where you can beat him both ways.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Arti_Rei wrote:
And I can't understand why the gamemakers just had Edgey throwing Oldbag's undershirt out when he thought he didn't need it. Sure it's easy to figure out what it meant finding it in Alba's fireplace along with the Samurai Dog. It meant Alba used the secret fireplace getaway to get out of the dressing room after stuffing Manny's body into the Samurai's cart. I don't know, I wish they hadn't thrown out such an important piece of evidence. :lana:

Do you think Miles Edgeworth would keep Wendy Oldbag's undershirt in his possession longer than absolutely necessary?
My CR family~ Mother: Naturally Lazy//Father: Phoenix_Apollo//Brothers: JadeRoach and Game Over

evil monkey is watching you.

Nii wrote:
Pierre wrote:
When was the swear?

I'm guessing it was Lang's "You BASTARD" line.

Lang had so many bad-ass moments in this case.

"your ambassadorship..... has just been revoked"

awsome line :will:
I PITY THE FOO'S FOO WHO FOOLS FOOS WHO FOOLISHLY ACCEPT THE FOOLISHNESS OF A FOO'S FOO.........FOO!

Idol of Polar Bears

Lang Zi says: ...Just go already!

Seeing it as it is

fatalfeline wrote:
Arti_Rei wrote:

Do you think Miles Edgeworth would keep Wendy Oldbag's undershirt in his possession longer than absolutely necessary?

Absolutely! :wendy: J/k
Irving wrote:

Was anyone else startled when Larry popped out of the fountain? I think I screamed a little.

Seeing it as it is

moonfall wrote:
Was anyone else startled when Larry popped out of the fountain? I think I screamed a little.

Yeah, who would've expected anyone(esp. Larry) to pop out of a fountain that looked like it had a shallow bottom? :meekins:
Irving wrote:

yeah so I left.

Pierre wrote:
Alba still made for a fascinating villain though I didn't quite get why he was so certain he could leave after his diplomatic immunity was revoked.

I'm pretty sure it's because this was before the real crime scene was proved. If it had taken place anywhere other than the Theatrum Neutralis, Alba would have still had extraterritorial rights, since he would have either been in the embassy of Allehbast or Bahbal.

Just another fangirl...

Location: A land of fires, mudslides, and the occasional earthquake

Furtzy wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Alba still made for a fascinating villain though I didn't quite get why he was so certain he could leave after his diplomatic immunity was revoked.

I'm pretty sure it's because this was before the real crime scene was proved. If it had taken place anywhere other than the Theatrum Neutralis, Alba would have still had extraterritorial rights, since he would have either been in the embassy of Allehbast or Bahbal.

Yeah, they made a pretty big point about Alba having 2 layers of protection they had to get through. The first being his status as ambassador, and the second being the fact that the murder supposedly happened on foreign soil because of that whole embassy situation.

It was also made pretty clear that if Alba had the chance to leave and get on his oft-mentioned flight, that odds were nobody would ever get their hands on him again. Probably flee to some country without an extradition treaty with any of the three nations involved. He even gloats about being able to hide in the criminal underworld- he had to be bagged beyond any and all doubt, and he had to be bagged RIGHT there.

Oh the bright side, the trial(s) afterward were probably little more than a formality. After Edgeworth tied the whole mess up in-game, the case had to be so airtight that even Payne could probably have won it in court.
"Violence is the last resort of the intelligent, and the first resort of the incompetant." -FFA

kills at the whim of a hat

I just want to complain about how the end was so drawn out and infuriating. I hated every minute of it, to be honest. (especially if you compare it to the glorious pay off in all the other endings, even the equally drawn out JFA)

It wasn't even a court situation and we know these people have arrested others for much less.
When you've established opportunity and motive (not to mention you could tell he clearly did it way earlier anyway) surely there's no reason police or especially interpol agents couldn't officially hold him for questioning, if not arrest him outright.

And the final piece of the puzzle (the source of the blood) was so glaringly obvious but I have to sit through the sixteenth "You don't have proof/Oh well we better give up/I have a plane to catch/HOLD IT!"

Also, they really never bother explaining the Lang hates prosecutors thing after beating you over the head with it?

Gah, just needed to get that out.
Newfound bloggery
Please take a look. I'd appreciate any comments too!

Thanks to Berendsnor for the avatar.

Gettin' Old!

Vagrant wrote:
I just want to complain about how the end was so drawn out and infuriating. I hated every minute of it, to be honest. (especially if you compare it to the glorious pay off in all the other endings, even the equally drawn out JFA)

It wasn't even a court situation and we know these people have arrested others for much less.
When you've established opportunity and motive (not to mention you could tell he clearly did it way earlier anyway) surely there's no reason police or especially interpol agents couldn't officially hold him for questioning, if not arrest him outright.

And the final piece of the puzzle (the source of the blood) was so glaringly obvious but I have to sit through the sixteenth "You don't have proof/Oh well we better give up/I have a plane to catch/HOLD IT!"

Also, they really never bother explaining the Lang hates prosecutors thing after beating you over the head with it?

Gah, just needed to get that out.

The Lang hatred of prosecutors was explained.

His ancestors were for a long time considered the greatest detectives of all time in his country (or something to similar effect). Then a prosecutor in his country fabricated some evidence in a case one of his ancestors worked on. His family's reputation was shattered and everyone looked down upon them in shame.

I'd say that's reason enough.

As for the rest....sure it was easy I guess....still thought it was good.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

kills at the whim of a hat

Pierre wrote:
The Lang hatred of prosecutors was explained.
Ohh, you're right. I totally forgot about that. Damn my ailing memory. I take back that comment.

Wait...I can't believe someone found a contradiction in my testimony! :wellington-crazy:

Quote:
As for the rest....sure it was easy I guess....still thought it was good.
For the record, it wasn't the easiness that bothered me. It was the fact I had to sit through minutes of unnecessary and repeated dialogue just to present the evidence.

I think if those last two hours (that's what it felt like, at least), cut the pointless dialogue and just got straight to the actual gameplay, I probably would've been much happier with the ending.
Newfound bloggery
Please take a look. I'd appreciate any comments too!

Thanks to Berendsnor for the avatar.

Kayworth Supporter

"You BASTARD!"
Enough said.

yeah so I left.

I certainly agree that the best part of the case took place before you confront Alba. But that's because I'm a Lang fangirl and I was squeeing when he saved Shih-na. :D

When Lang said that if you mess up, he's taking a "certain someone back as a souvenir," did anyone else think dirty thoughts? Is Lang trying to make Franziska his bride?

Just another fangirl...

Location: A land of fires, mudslides, and the occasional earthquake

moonfall wrote:
When Lang said that if you mess up, he's taking a "certain someone back as a souvenir," did anyone else think dirty thoughts? Is Lang trying to make Franziska his bride?

Well not until you said anything!

Now the phrase "really hot, angry sex" comes to mind. THANKS! :ack:
"Violence is the last resort of the intelligent, and the first resort of the incompetant." -FFA

OBJECTION!

The finale music really put a tear in my eye. It was so beautiful...
Image Dual Destinies has rekindled my love for this fandom.
Page 7 of 7 [ 271 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby