Page 2 of 3[ 91 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Re: Ace Attorney Investigations only English throughout EuropeTopic%20Title

Exorcist Apprentice

I preferred to play PW in english than in spanish :payne:

What do you see behind the mask?

Croik wrote:
That'll make ripping and updating easier for the site, but what a bummer! Start bombarding Capcom Europe with complaints!!

I'd love to, really, if I had a proper email adress. Croik, could you pass the adress? I don't want to mail to the wrong contact and those official sites always confuse me ...

o3o

HOLY SHIT!
I wanna this game in spanish.
I haven't the necessary knowledge to play that game in this language. I prefer in spanish.
In this game,It is important the language proficiency to understand it. And I think that I won't enjoy it like I would want
What do you intend by this, Capcom?

The Midnight Lurker

This is the most retarded thing I've seen Capcom do yet. The only language I speak is english, so I'm not really in the right place to complain, but I'm pissed off at them since they're depriving those who prefer the other languages of an amazing-looking PW spin-off, who apparently won't be getting them. I'll go sign every petition here for you guys =D

Junior Attorney

Maybe Capcom will translate it when we all send an e-mail?
I'm in the 7th class and so my english isn't perfect. My friends were very happy about that game, but as they know, that it's only in english, they wouldn't buy it.
I live in Germany, so I will play the game in German! Maybe Capcom can only translate importent dialogues?!?
I think the game will in Europe be a flop...

Know someone Capcom's-E-Mail?

LG, Marco

PWHT Staff

Quote:
I think the game will in Europe be a flop...

No Translation ~> Monolingual Flop ~> lesser sales
Translation ~> Costs Money + More Sales (neutralize) = same profit result
Spoiler: german
Keine Übersetzung ~> monolingualer Flop ~> weniger Verkauf
Übersetzung ~> kostet Geld + Mehr Verkauf (hebt sich gegenseitig auf) = gleiches Profitergebnis

Capcom doesn't reach what they want if it's english in Europe.
To sell it well, it must be trans'd. For sure, most of People in european
countries understand english very well, but who cares?
Capcom erreicht nicht was sie wollen wenn es nur englisch in Europa
ist. Um es gut zu verkaufen, sollte es besser übersetzt werden. Es ist
klar, dass viele Menschen in europäischen Ländern problemlos Englisch
verstehen, aber wen kümmert das?

Quote:
Maybe Capcom will translate it when we all send an e-mail?

Sure, if you can convoke 1 Million Fans or a comparable number of Fans
who can blast their E-Mail Account with Translation Requests. :phoenix:
Sicher, wenn du eine Million oder eine vergleichbar hohe Menge an Fans
auftreiben kannst die ihre Mailadresse mit Anfragen zublasten können. :phoenix:

----------------------------------

Quote:
Know someone Capcom's-E-Mail?

LOL go to the Website and look for it.
Sig is currently blank, ander konstrukchan...

Junior Attorney

You're right...
Know you 1million AA-Fans? xD

Off-Topic: Bist du's MagicMaker; von RPGVX?

...Hopefully someday... xD

ChocolateXCheese wrote:
This is the most retarded thing I've seen Capcom do yet. The only language I speak is english, so I'm not really in the right place to complain, but I'm pissed off at them since they're depriving those who prefer the other languages of an amazing-looking PW spin-off, who apparently won't be getting them. I'll go sign every petition here for you guys =D

Well...To be honest I either don't understad any other than english
and the only reason I'd want the multi language in is to hear what would their voices be when they object or do that stuff.
Not any "we must get multilanguage" -reason, but it's fun.
I could also learn from those, but so far I haven't really tried...

So...I guess I don't really care will it be english only or not,
since I've used to play it in english.
Let's talk 'bout this again when AA gets finnish translation >=)
ImageImageImageImage

Lang Zi says: I Love Shi-Long Lang

On the main court-records website, apparently the french version will
Quote:
Please note this game will only be available in its English version, with subtitles.

Umm....I thought Miles Edgeworth had text all through it.
So will it be in french because now my head hurts (I laughed really hard when I read that.)
ImageImage

Humph.

Hey! Here's an idea... what if they added French and Spanish to the CANADA/US versions? Then some can import that version, and you get it all officially translated! (Besides, it's region-free) I'll check what *MULTIx* they got on DS-Scene.
Ace Attorney MIDI rips!

Please visit my forum!

Engaged to P!ATD.
Bought an apartment at the Otaku.

<3 <3 <3

:C

I wanted to play all the Phoenix Wright games in the languages I study as a personal challenge...damn. D: Sorry to all the native speakers out there, that sucks.
Igiari! 2025 is a brand new literate Phoenix Wright roleplay forum, aking place on a retconned timeline with characters from PW and AJ. We need YOU!

Heart's Soul wrote:
Hey! Here's an idea... what if they added French and Spanish to the CANADA/US versions? Then some can import that version, and you get it all officially translated! (Besides, it's region-free) I'll check what *MULTIx* they got on DS-Scene.

That doesn't make any sense. :meekins:
Why should they translate it into French and Spanish and not include it in the European Version but only in the US Version? :yuusaku:

MissEdgeworth wrote:
On the main court-records website, apparently the french version will
Quote:
Please note this game will only be available in its English version, with subtitles.

So will it be in french because now my head hurts (I laughed really hard when I read that.)

This sentence has only two meanings:
first, the game will only be available in English
second, the guy who wrote it is a retard

Humph.

Because the market is larger in the US. Anyway, I doubt that they'll put that in, but CAPCOM will have to surrender to Europe after the importers come in.

Wait, we never got a tri-title! WTF...
Ace Attorney MIDI rips!

Please visit my forum!

Engaged to P!ATD.

When I first read the stuff about the French version, I thought "that's weird".

Then I thought "oh, maybe all the spoken stuff are in English, but all the text is in French". There are many gaes like that. But the release date being the same makes it impossible.

Then I realised that the person who wrote the article just hadn't played the game. In France, you usually have stuff either in French or in the original language, with subtitles. If the guy was told "the game will be in English", he probably just assumed it would be one of these games with sound in English and text in French, and wrote his article that way. Even though it will only be English.

That really sucks. I loved playing it in French and English and comparing. On the other hand, it didn't make sense for the game to be called "Miles Edgeworth" when it's not his name everywhere.

I'm very disappointed but with the third game taking so long to come out, I'm not really surprised. I guess I'll buy the US version then, I mean it comes out earlier and it will be the same in the end... (And I live in North America now so it's easier to get anyways).

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

Heart's Soul wrote:
I want a region-free version in all countries with the following languages-

English
Japanese
French
German
Italian
Spanish
Dutch
Finnish
Russian
Simlish
Modern English (720,632.14% more swears)

Don't forget Chinese, Korean, and Esperanto!

But seriously, it's painful enough just to write these in Japanese, by the time all of these localizations came out, there will have been at least 10 more new Ace Attorney games for them to translate...
Life's a Happy Song when there's someone by your side to sing along!

Time Paradox

Question: will the US translation be different compared to the UK translation in any way?
Do you already know this?
Image "Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than Hell itself... That is coffee."

Humph.

Shouldn't the US version have French in it? Otherwise, it can't be sold legally in Quebec.
Ace Attorney MIDI rips!

Please visit my forum!

Engaged to P!ATD.

Heart's Soul wrote:
Shouldn't the US version have French in it? Otherwise, it can't be sold legally in Quebec.

Of course it can, you misunderstood that law.

Humph.

Then several companies also misunderstood it, that's why a few good DS titles aren't getting released in Canada.
Ace Attorney MIDI rips!

Please visit my forum!

Engaged to P!ATD.

Time Paradox

My worries are about possible variations from the US translation to the UK one.
See Zelda Spirit Tracks and the different translations.

Well, if anyone discovers something, please post it here, maybe some PR from Capcom already knows this.
Image "Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than Hell itself... That is coffee."

Yes, Capcom finally came to its senses. You see, people are always complaining that the game is not in their language, but come on. This is a perfect opportunity for you to learn another language. Whenever I visit a country where people doesn't speak English (I think French and Spanish people know exactly who I mean), I get really annoyed. I mean, my English isn't perfect, but you could at least try. You shouldn't always take the easy way out.

Close enough...

Timmah wrote:
Yes, Capcom finally came to its senses. You see, people are always complaining that the game is not in their language, but come on. This is a perfect opportunity for you to learn another language. Whenever I visit a country where people doesn't speak English (I think French and Spanish people know exactly who I mean), I get really annoyed. I mean, my English isn't perfect, but you could at least try. You shouldn't always take the easy way out.

You sound like your cruising for a bruising Timmah!

It's not fair to limit the market so.
It's even LESS fair when you are actually ANNOYED at people in non-english speaking countries for not speaking English and making it seem like their fault. I know I'd struggle for sure if it was in French only or Spanish only I don't want to need to sit with a Spanish dictionary beside me while I play it or fork out money for a course just so I can learn the language. Other countries shouldn't need to learn the language Capcom should make it in other languages, it's what they did before.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Pierre wrote:
Timmah wrote:

It's even LESS fair when you are actually ANNOYED at people in non-english speaking countries for not speaking English and making it seem like their fault. I know I'd struggle for sure if it was in French only or Spanish only I don't want to need to sit with a Spanish dictionary beside me while I play it or fork out money for a course just so I can learn the language. Other countries shouldn't need to learn the language Capcom should make it in other languages, it's what they did before.

But English is like language number one (not the most people speak it, but it's generally used). If you go to another country, you always speak English (well, most of the time). I think it's high time for non-English speaking countries to at least learn some basic English. But hey, that's my opinion.

Close enough...

Timmah wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Timmah wrote:

But English is like language number one (not the most people speak it, but it's generally used). If you go to another country, you always speak English (well, most of the time). I think it's high time for non-English speaking countries to at least learn some basic English. But hey, that's my opinion.

If it wasn't for the fact I'm pretty sure your not English I'd say your a strong British-Empire Supporter. To my knowledge English is highly promoted in other countries as they tend to be much better at the English language than the people I met at school. In my school people actually felt genuine dislike for the French because we had to learn their language and it made me sick. National languages should be preserved they shouldn't all need to put so much effort into English since from my experience British people don't put as much effort into learning foreign languages unless it's actually a passion of theirs.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Uh, Timmah, that's actually really ignorant what you're saying. You might be brilliant at picking up new languages, but not everyone is. I'm trying to learn two languages in school at the moment(Irish and French) and since I struggle so much with them, I have a lot of respect for anyone who can speak more than one language.

Anyway, it's actually worse for a country to make a foreign language their everyday one, imo.

And I still think it's really unfair to only release the game in English only, since there's only two countries in Europe where English is the main language.
☆KrazyKaro and Romeo's Daughter☆
☆Godot_Blend_#107, Tap and Jaron's Sister☆

Time Paradox

They did it because of bad sales (thank the pirates and Capcom with their awful decision to release Apollo first and T&T later), not because they love us and they want us to learn English.

Be thankful they actually RELEASE it in Europe; Star Force 3 never got released.

FINE

I don't really care if it's not in spanish, (I've played all the games in spanish) I think this would help me to practise English.

I might open a specific thread for it, but...

In order to let more people enjoy the games, and to allow for it to sell better (otherwise they might not even release the future ones), we've decided to translate it into French.
We will need a transcript of the whole text, of course. So my question here is, does anyone know if there is a way to extract it from the game (we'll translate from English) or will we have to write it all down ourselves?

Also, if there is any team forming for another language (Spanish, German, etc), since the transcripts would be the same for everyone, if we have to write them down ourselves we should try and share the work :)

Finally, we're still not sure of the final format of our translation. We could make it a written transcript, so people play in English and refer to the translation to understand what's being said, but since it's not a linear game there is the chance that they might get spoiled if we write the translation in an order different from the one they played.
Does anyone know if there is a way to add the translation to the game in any way?

Our goal would be that the people still need to purchase the game, because we don't want to cause pirating, so we don't want to provide the whole game in French, just the translation in a way that they could be added to the game (either into the cartridge, which is probably very unlikely to be possible, or first extract the game data from the cartridge into a computer, and then add the subtitles to that). Does anyone know if it's possible?

About the language thing: I fail to see how you can go to someone's country and then complain that they don't know language X or Y well enough. They're not the ones who went abroad, they can't learn every single language just in case tourists from there come to their country. And some people just have trouble with languages.
In my experience, people always try to be very helpful if they can see you're making an effort. Learning at least a few sentences in their language, as in "I don't speak X, do you speak English ?" or "Sorry I don't understand X" or something, and the basic "thanks" and "please" makes people try hard to help, even when you don't have any language in common.
However, going to a foreign country, speaking a different language and getting annoyed that people don't speak it won't get them friendly with you.

While English might be the most common, not everyone learns English. When I went to Italy, I tried speaking Italian best I could (although I hadn't taken it at that point), but the second language I spoke most was French, not English. People there understood French much better than English and many people were even fluent.
In Europe most countries require you to learn 2-3 foreign languages. English is pretty much always part of these 2-3 nowadays, but it's very common that it's the one people had the most trouble with, and therefore the one they speak the least.
It's possible that the person you're upset with for not speaking English well enough is fluent in 3 other languages, and you can speak none of them (or possibly don't even try to speak in any of them because you assume English is the one they'll know best). So I fail to see why they should be to blame.

Close enough...

How about you comprise a computer program Avistew....maybe something online, where the user selects the case (and how far they've progressed through it). Then a drop down list of examinable things in that situation appear and by selecting one of those, the script for that event pops up.

Like say I wanted to start a new game in Spanish. I'd select my language on the program and the first case first room something like "Edgeworth's office 'first visit'" then on my DS I would go over and examine the Tea Set. On the drop down list I'd select "Tea Set" from a list of examinable objects, then the script would be presented in Spanish
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:
How about you comprise a computer program Avistew....maybe something online, where the user selects the case (and how far they've progressed through it). Then a drop down list of examinable things in that situation appear and by selecting one of those, the script for that event pops up.

Like say I wanted to start a new game in Spanish. I'd select my language on the program and the first case first room something like "Edgeworth's office 'first visit'" then on my DS I would go over and examine the Tea Set. On the drop down list I'd select "Tea Set" from a list of examinable objects, then the script would be presented in Spanish

That's not a bad idea. And the same with dialogues I guess?
I'm thinking the same could be achieved with links, too, without needing a computer program...

There is still the option of spoiling (what if the player didn't realise they could look at the Tea Set until they saw it in the list?) but that probably can't be helped.

Close enough...

Avistew wrote:
Pierre wrote:

That's not a bad idea. And the same with dialogues I guess?
I'm thinking the same could be achieved with links, too, without needing a computer program...

There is still the option of spoiling (what if the player didn't realise they could look at the Tea Set until they saw it in the list?) but that probably can't be helped.

Even so it would be a slow degree of spoiling since everything examinable is visible on the screen...it has to be.

Though if you wanna tone down the spoilers...you could somehow figure out a way to make the dialogue appear progressively, as in not showing you the whole script dead on but only the amount they talk about.

Course this is going to be a lot of work for the User but that's Capcom's fault, I'm sure they'd rather enjoy their game rather than learn a new language.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Timmah wrote:

I really don't have to say something witty here to counter you.

Two more games coming up soon

Yeah, because whenever I go to China, I should totally expect Chinese people to speak French to me.
Seriously, demanding that the guys in the receiving country speak the same language as foreign visitors... that kind of comment comes off as so arrogant it might as well come from a Frenchman.
However dominant it may be, the United States is not an empire. It's only one of the many sovereign countries that exist on this planet.

But that's beside the point. I wish the French translation team good luck with their project :)
Creator of Apollo Justice Case 5: Turnabout Substitution: Trailer - Download
Co-creator of New Year's Turnabout, Turnabout Revolution, and At Dawn's Break

Sorry french/spanish/german guys, big news for the Ace Attorney italian fans!

I heard that Halifax, the one who distributes (sorry for the bad english again ._.) Capcom, Square Enix, Disney, Konami and other software house's games in Italy says that Gyakuten Kenji/Investigations will arrive in italian!

Adventures Planet, an italian site who is interessed on "Graphic Adventures" game (like Ace Attorney, Monkey Island, Sam & Max ecc.) confirm that...but I can't understand how a series like this will be translated in italian with the english voice (I ask to myself...if they completely did a mistake writing "italian" or not)

EDIT: O MY GANT, YES!

One of the member staff of the site confirm that the game will arrive in italian!

Close enough...

Furio The Shopkeeper wrote:

I heard that Halifax, the one who distributes (sorry for the bad english again ._.) Capcom, Square Enix, Disney, Konami and other software house's games in Italy says that Gyakuten Kenji/Investigations will arrive in italian!

Adventures Planet, an italian site who is interessed on "Graphic Adventures" game (like Ace Attorney, Monkey Island, Sam & Max ecc.) confirm that...but I can't understand how a series like this will be translated in italian with the english voice (I ask to myself...if they completely did a mistake writing "italian" or not)

One of the member staff of the site confirm that the game will arrive in italian!

How on earth?
Why would they make it for them but no other european countries?
Unless that Adventure planet place is taking on the translation and localisation themselves? Nah.... :yuusaku:
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:
Furio The Shopkeeper wrote:

Unless that Adventure planet place is taking on the translation and localisation themselves? Nah.... :yuusaku:

I understand how it works!
Well, Halifax is the one who "distributes" the game, but the publisher here, in Italy, is Nintendo :yogi: !

I enjoy this news, and I hope that the 19th of February the game will be released with the italian dub (they have only to translate "Eureka" and "Not so fast", right? I hope that nothing happen for this...otherwise, the game will arrive next year, like the first Phoenix Wright :payne:)

Time Paradox

As the release date draws near, can anyone answer this?

Wizpig wrote:
Question: will the US translation be different compared to the UK translation in any way?
Do you already know this?

I'm Italian but like hell I'm going to play this in Italian; nope, no thanks.

edit. Who is the publisher in the UK? if it's Nintendo, they WILL retranslate the whole thing, goddammit.

It won't affect me in any way but why aren't they translating it into French, German or Spanish? They, along with English, are the four main languages in Europe. Many countries are gonna miss out.

In fact, the only country that won't miss out is the UK.

Watch me as I gravitate...ahahaha

UberWill wrote:
In fact, the only country that won't miss out is the UK.

And Ireland.
☆KrazyKaro and Romeo's Daughter☆
☆Godot_Blend_#107, Tap and Jaron's Sister☆

In dubio pro reo

Well, I guess people who`re fans of the series are worthy to play trough the game even in english. I mean, who of this "I WANT TO KILL EVERYTHING AND EVERYBODY" guys would even touch the AA series?

Don`t kill me it`s just a thought. But everybody who plays AA is a bit more educated than players of let me say "primitve" games. So an AA-Player should understand English.

And hey, the good thing is, you don`t need to wait until the Feb. 19, since nothing changes in the language ; )
(I can`t expect it to play today :O)
Page 2 of 3 [ 91 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby