Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby

Page 2 of 2[ 61 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Re: Your feelings of the gameTopic%20Title

Y'know

Bad Player wrote:
...How? You can barely see the hallway from the restroom.
(The only point of Udgey's testimony was that he looked in the hallway through the window and saw Gummy wasn't there, but if he can only see a small part of the hallway, that testimony is meaningless.)

Alright then.

Last edited by Nearavex on Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

But now Lobby 1 and 2 aren't private anymore since the windows are facing the outside and not the courtyard

Y'know

They should be private?

Considering all the effort that went into soundproofing the room

Y'know

Tbh, even this would be more satisfying:

At the very least, the hallway isn't the only thing in that part of the building. That, and the courtyard isn't so awkwardly thin.

I liked AAI just fine it has nice music and all the cases tie together nicely my only complaints are is that the last case was too long and they gave Edgeworth a useless assistant namely Kay
All Lives Matter
Just Do It
Keep It Classic
Equality
Dream Big
All for one One for all
#Autism Speaks
#Mamba Mentality#8#24#2
Celebrate Each New Day
#WNBAAllDay
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Kingdom Heats 3
Xenoblade Chronicles
Destiny 2
I'm interested in mechanics,so I would be happy to learn about snake traps.
Good isn't a thing you are Its a thing you do

Mrs. Jeon Jungkook ♥

I didn't finish AAI, since I still have 2 more cases to play, but I can say it's one of my fav games so far and what I really love about AAI is the music. God, I'm digging the music so much that it hurts.

The beginning was quite fun, just with all the ups and downs
But suddenly, we’re tired, from a waste of meaningless emotions

시작은 뭐 즐거웠었네 오르락내리락 그 자체로 어느새 서로 지쳐버렸네 의미 없는 감정소모에

Trivia 轉 : Seesaw

bOIng!

Let's just be honest, the creators did a very good job with the music. Not only in Investigations, but in the whole AA series.

Iwadare <3

Bidoof bidoof bidoof is on fire

I just finished Investigations a few weeks ago. I find it to be a rather good game on its own, though it doesn't really stand out to me as an Ace Attorney game.

I thought the cases all being tied together was interesting, but at the same time it was always refreshing to have a filler case before things got intense. Also, ironically enough, despite Investigations trying to focus on the overall plot, it still managed to get tedious. Some of the testimonies were completely unnecessary and were there for the sake of making the case last longer.

That's probably at its worst in the final case, where I find the villain was far too stubborn. I'm all for villains who really need you to give it your all to get them to confess, but I should never have to get tired of them. Also, the game tricks you into believing that it truly is the culprit's last testimony way too many times. I know you need to squeeze the truth out of the final villain to make them climactic, but Investigations took it too far. It pulls the "Well how do you explain how I could have done this?" card far too many times near the end and ultimately their breakdown just isn't satisfying for all your trouble.

Also some of the characters really got on my nerves, including Oldbag and Calisto Yew. Oldbag's obsession with Edgeworth got really obnoxious fast. Sure, she was uncooperative with Phoenix, and for a while I thought that she'd be easier to deal with as Edgeworth, but her entire character was based on her obsession with him. Now for Calisto, her not taking you seriously gets old real fast. I thought it would be interesting to see a defense attorney pick on a prosecutor for once, but her not letting you speak two words before throwing herself into a fit of laughter was incredibly annoying. Just let me talk already. :grey:

If there's one thing I think Investigations definitely improved from the previous games, it's the investigation sequences themselves. Considering those are the focus of the game rather than the trials, it makes sense to give them more depth, which this game does really well. It's not a style of gameplay I'd like to have implemented in the main series, but it definitely works for a game focused on the investigations.

Gumshoe being more involved in the game was also nice, but I feel like his airheadedness is at its worst here. I love Gumshoe in the trilogy where he was a bit of a goof but was also hardworking and could do his job. In AAI, however, his absent-mindedness becomes his entire character. Kay herself is a fun character, though, like Trucy, she feels like another Maya clone. However, if there's one thing I definitely like about her character that I wish the writers had done better for Trucy, it was (spoilers for both AAI and AA4)
Spoiler:
her response to her father's death.
Kay was obviously upset, but did her best to bounce back whereas Trucy's response to going through a similar experience was "Yeah, I already figured that's what happened." It's small, but it made Kay a little more endearing and colourful, which I liked.

With that being said, however, I wish Investigations had a bit more emotion to it. What I absolutely loved about the Phoenix Wright games was its ability to balance out being intense and emotional, whereas this game lacked heartwarming and heartbreaking scenes, taking away the charm I love.

Turnabout Reminiscence is easily my favourite case in the game. It had a bit of emotion to it unlike other cases, it was the most interesting case in the game for me, and it's short and sweet.

Wow, that was a lot longer than I planned for it to be. Anyway, Investigations is a good game on its own, but as I said, it doesn't do very much for me when stacked up against the rest of the series. I'd say it's a better game than Apollo Justice, but I'd place the rest of the main series above it.
I... feel foolish.

My tumblr: http://www.polkadot-cookie.tumblr.com
My Apollo-centric sideblog: http://www.chords-of-fine.tumblr.com

If we don't have order, Prosecutor Blackquill will yell at us!

The video game boy; the one who wins

I think you just pin-pointed one thing that has been bugging me at least with GK1: it's not really emotionally connecting, making it feel somewhat flat and distant (the sequel's last case and the overarching plot coming together saves it from a similar fate). I had a great time playing GK and solving the cases was satisfying, but they didn't leave a lasting impression to me, and that is probably due to a lack of emotional connection.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

[Whip the cream!]

I have to agree here as well. I liked the game, but I think that's pretty much the reason I actually don't remember that much of it.
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

Bidoof bidoof bidoof is on fire

Emotion is what got me hooked on the series to begin with. I started the first game with the impression that I'd just be playing a series about solving crimes, but then with the heartbreak that I got from cases 1-2 and 1-4, I realized that this series was going to be much more than that. The lack of it in Investigations makes me feel a lot less involved and I don't have the attachment to the characters the way I did in the main series.

I actually found Edgeworth a lot more interesting in the first game because you really feel for the guy. He has an emotionally-crippling backstory and the game knows how to make you feel sorry for him. I finished 1-4 wanting to sit him by a fireplace and hand him a blanket and hot chocolate. Investigations doesn't really make me feel that way for him, or anyone for that matter (I felt sorry for Kay, but not nearly as much as I felt for characters in previous games). I was more interested in Edgeworth while playing the Phoenix Wright games than I did in his own game.

I hear Investigations 2 focuses a bit more on his character, which I look forward to. I just hope I have an emotional attachment to it the way I do to the rest of the series.
I... feel foolish.

My tumblr: http://www.polkadot-cookie.tumblr.com
My Apollo-centric sideblog: http://www.chords-of-fine.tumblr.com

If we don't have order, Prosecutor Blackquill will yell at us!

Winter Flag Trademark

Quote:
I hear Investigations 2 focuses a bit more on his character, which I look forward to.

I'm sorry to say but AAI2 aka Investigations II is only released on Japan, but luckily an English Patch of it was made and completed. So if you don't know Japanese, you can patch it... if you want.

This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.

The Enigma

Let's see...I got this game last summer. I still have yet to finish it. My motivation to beat it is/has been dwindling.
I've heard rumors… Bramimond, one of the eight legends, devoted himself entirely to the dark. All emotion, all memory… dissolved in a river of dark. That is how he received the power to best dragons

I think it's a solid game, the concepts are all there, I loved the story, characters and all. I think my one problem actually was that toward the end of the game, it felt like I'm being spoon fed a lot of the answers. We usually get a giveaway hint a few lines of dialogue before we need to present the evidence and I can actually figure a lot of them out a few dialogue boxes before then. Like one bit...

Spoiler:
The mystery was how Shih-na get out of the pool with no ladders or footholds. The fountain right? It refills the pool and she could just float back up with the cart. But then they just go out and tell you "Is there something to make the water level rise?" right afterward. Conceptually, it was a neat howdunnit though.

Great Revival

They're both my favorite games in the series, maybe next to Dual Destinies, because 1. I love Edgeworth, he's just so Edgey *insert laugh track here* but also because the new characters which are introduced get so much development.
Spoiler: Major AAI and AAI2 Spoilers
I mean, seeing Kay you think she'll be your typical Maya clone, right? No. She ends up being one of the most interesting assistants you get. When she gets amnesia she's willing to go to jail if it'll mean Edgeworth will stop worrying. And although she's really silly, like the other assistants, she gets much deeper as the game goes on. And Lang, he starts off as your typical Badass, but then as the games go on you see why he became like that, his family was disgraced, and he wanted to get criminals put away...it's comparable to Edgeworth actually. And I won't even touch on Sebastian.
then there's the story, the second game has one of the biggest plot twists in the series, and the first game and second game both have all the cases intertwined. I won't go any further or I'll just be saying the same things.

Sensitive Player

I liked the alternative ending from the Special Turnabout:Rise from the ashes.
Growing tired of playing games...
i can be easily sensitive over Miiverse.

Dragongirl

:object:

I really wish that Gyakuten Kenji 2 aka Ace Attorney Investigations 2 was re-release in English dubbed for the Nintendo 3DS to buy it on the eShop, you know? They did it on the Nintendo DS of Fan translation...I sure hope so. For us fans out there that wanted this to happen in the future - maybe a re-release remix HD for the first one too and Apollo Justice with it. Maybe... Just saying. I also have a group Facebook page in supporting of this in happening. Go see for yourselves, that's all I can tell you about it.
My name is Tayla 'Marie' Drago Hester, the number one Anime lover and supporter of all voice actors. Who also loves Ace Attorney things! :D

Happy Maria

While it's a good standalone game,it's my least favourite AA game.
Case one and two were alright,case four and five were good but wore off on me by the end,and the third case is my least favourite AA case,not counting Asinine Attorney.
The story,like many have said,is not emotionally connecting,which makes some parts of it boring. The characters are either boring OCs with outlandish designs and boring personality,terrible fanservice characters who feel pointless,or the MCs.
The music and presentation were godly though,and I'm a big fan of the new mechanics,excluding Little Thief.

It's funny,because I think the exact opposite of its sequel. Good story and characters,but mediocre gameplay and presentation.

Story — 7/10
Gameplay — 8.5/10
Music — 10/10
Graphics — 8/10

Total — 33.5/40

= 8.4

Good :edgey:
”My bars passed the bar exam, no law school”
Lil Wayne 2013
Page 2 of 2 [ 61 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2