Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby

Page 8 of 8[ 299 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Re: Just how much is Gumshoe making??(Gumshoe Fanclub)!!!Topic%20Title

Former anti-shipper

The pay-abuse joke was funny at first, but now it's just cruel. I wish Gumshoe would get something... Anything!

Consider me a member of the "Save the Scruffy Fund"!

A Defense Attorney

Yeah, I agree with everyone here that Gumshoe should deserve more respect for what he does. His assistance was important to the resolution to many cases in the Ace Attorney series. I support the "Save the Scruffy Fund"! :gymshoe:
Thanks to Yuuso for making this awesome signature and avatar!

I agree that the way Gumshoe is treated was funny at first, but it can get depressing (and it's not just the pay cuts, there's also the way Franziska treats him).
I want to mention this though.
Spoiler: AAI2 ending
From what I understand, at the end of GK2, Edgeworth thanks Gumshoe for his help and mentions raising his salary. Gumshoe gets happy and says that he can stop living on noodles.

zydrate comes in a little glass vial~

Jozerick wrote:
From what I understand, at the end of GK2, Edgeworth thanks Gumshoe for his help and mentions raising his salary. Gumshoe gets happy and says that he can stop living on noodles.

I think everyone loves gummy :phoenix:
Even franny in her own way cares about him. If she didn't like him she probably would have ignored him or denied his existence.

And face it. He DID help save Maya back in that last case in JFA...

The police department would be a lonely place without his endearing incompetence :gymshoe:

...Hopefully someday... xD

*comes in and takes a quick look around*

...So we STILL have no idea at all how much he IS making, huh...?

It's just that lately I've been thinking of this one out more seriously.
Granted; I do believe they never will tell or give even exact hints...
Giving a certain amount or sum of some sort, die hard fans could possibly calculate possible mistakes.
+ We must remember that it's illegal to...Hmm...How should I say this in a way that you know what I mean...
Well...It's illegal to pay too little...
Umm...Forget I said anything...

Still...I still believe he get's paid more than Al Bundy does.
Even Gumshoe's pay must be larger.
Granted, not much but still...
ImageImageImageImage

1000% Knight

Jozerick wrote:
I agree that the way Gumshoe is treated was funny at first, but it can get depressing (and it's not just the pay cuts, there's also the way Franziska treats him).
I want to mention this though.

Spoiler:
Yup, that's right. It's a really :3 moment. It's something like, "You can look forward to your next monthy review, Gumshoe." "What?!" "W-Why are you making that frightened face...? I'm talking about raising your salary." xD

Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Komikero

Poor guy probably gets the cop version of minimum wage.

I'm a professional comic artist and illustrator. Click on the above logo to visit my official website.

At your service.

LightningfistCal wrote:
Poor guy probably gets the cop version of minimum wage.

And it will be somehow less than minimum wage. XDD

Too bad. Waluigi Time.

Never realized how low Gummy's pay must be.
*Donates five dollars and a fancy bow tie like Atmey's*

I just have to wonder why he keeps working as a detective if he makes so little.

My favorite Godot blend is all of them.

Pardon me if this was suggested already - but I was pondering this today! And the way I would solve it is by playing through all the games and making note of every time Edgeworth wants to "discuss Gumshoes salary." That being said who can say what each salary cut would amount to - but the bit about a 20 cent ramen cup at Walmart being just about his equivalent sounds about right.
"...!
You dare to insult the courts!?"
Edgeworth is such a friggin' geek, I lost it

FWEET CLICK FWEET

here is money from me gumshoe

now if he gets a salary cut he would not have to complain

well honestly, he seems to live a bit like a student, sleeping at the police office and eating cup noodles as his staple diet :sadshoe:
possibly 10-25k US $/year? yeah i know, i'm applying real world logic to a fictional character...
if i had it my way, he'd earn a zillion buckaroos every day :redd:

I like Gumshoe, but I think it's undeniable that he's in many ways incompetent. He's a cupcake, cute, very considerate, but as Franziska said, if someone's not there to boss him, he's pretty much useless. In GK he takes orders very seriously and is effective in fulfilling them, but again, is Edgeworth who's thinking and investigating... Investigation should be Gumshoe's responsibility, but he's never able to solve mysteries by himself.

Of course, I like it. Is that what makes him Gummy.

Well, if we're going to look at this realistically, let's take into account Gumshoe's living arrangements. I would like to think that Gumshoe at least lives in a rundown one-room apartment simply because I highly doubt he's homeless. You know, the kind of apartments you see people living in on cop shows, where the gruff detective comes home to his rundown apartment. Now, if we could somehow find the cost of one of those in Los Angeles, then I think we would have a ballpark estimate for how much Gumshoe makes, especially if he's basically living on ramen noodles. Most studio apartments near where I live, typically cost $450-$600 a month, but they are all pretty nice, so for something a bit more rundown, I think $200-$250 a month is a bit more reasonable. Add that to how much he spends on noodles, and I think about $300 a month seems like a fairly good estimate.

Now assuming if he WAS homeless, I can see his pay being mush less.

Yes, I went into this being totally realistic. Yes, I have far too much time on my hands.

TheIdioteque wrote:
Well, if we're going to look at this realistically, let's take into account Gumshoe's living arrangements. I would like to think that Gumshoe at least lives in a rundown one-room apartment simply because I highly doubt he's homeless. You know, the kind of apartments you see people living in on cop shows, where the gruff detective comes home to his rundown apartment. Now, if we could somehow find the cost of one of those in Los Angeles, then I think we would have a ballpark estimate for how much Gumshoe makes, especially if he's basically living on ramen noodles. Most studio apartments near where I live, typically cost $450-$600 a month, but they are all pretty nice, so for something a bit more rundown, I think $200-$250 a month is a bit more reasonable. Add that to how much he spends on noodles, and I think about $300 a month seems like a fairly good estimate.

Yes, I went into this being totally realistic. Yes, I have far too much time on my hands.

oh whoops. I forgot, i live in a country with practically the most expensive housing prices in the world... it's like at least $150/week for a ratty flat anywhere near the city where I live :sadshoe:
it probably makes more sense for Gumshoe to be homeless at this rate... I mean it was implied in one of the games that he sleeps in the Police HQ :eh?:
ah i also have too much time on my hands...

Art Person

Where's the banhammer when you need one...

The cape is self-fluttering

Must've been smacked down already...

Anyway, I'm going to guess that since Gumshoe lives in a place called "Compton Castles" that it's either lower income housing, or just not a very high end place. And by "not very high end" I mean very low end.

But who knows what that means for his salary? A simple internet search for "apartments for rent" for both Los Angeles and Compton won't turn up many places that are under $1000/month. I'm sure there are some, but they are likely in unsafe neighborhoods and bug-infested. By 2016, perhaps some plans are in place for lower income housing, but if we're to judge by the descriptions Gumshoe gives us of his apartment... they probably aren't very good plans.

I would think he gets minimum pay, just enough to make the rent, but that he would still need to rely on government assistance, such as food stamps. Probably not enough to feed a big guy like him (but then, I've never been on an all-instant ramen diet, so I'm not sure).
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

TheIdioteque wrote:

As someone with personal knowledge: I wish you could get a decent apartment in LA for less than $600/mo.

For an apartment within the city limits of Los Angeles, he'd be paying upwards of that just for something without asbestos and/or a roach infestation. As Adrian in Black said: for a decent studio apartment in a safe-ish neighborhood, you'll be paying upwards of $1000. Even if he lived in a different neighborhood, housing prices are still pretty steep throughout LA County.

A cursory search tells me that if Gumshoe worked for the real LAPD, the lower end of a detective's salary is about $84,000/year. Even if Gumshoe is working for less than other detectives, he should still be reasonably well-off. It's safe to assume we'll never know what he really makes.

Either he's not a detective in anything but name (stand up for yourself, man!), or he's exceptionally frugal. Maybe he only eats cheap foods so he can put the rest of his salary toward his life-long goal of owning his Malibu dream home - every pay cut, however minimal, puts him further away. Who knows what sort of internal life Gumshoe might lead?
Page 8 of 8 [ 299 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby