Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby

Page 1 of 3[ 119 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 


Is Edgeworth an atheist?Topic%20Title
User avatar

HoNk. :o)

Gender: Male

Location: A-Mear-E-Kah

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:10 pm

Posts: 657

I actually think that he is. He always trusts in science and tries to use ONLY scientific explanations. In 3-5, he sees all of the spiritual things going on and still is skeptical. For example, Edgeworth sees all of the "Psycho-Locks" and still does not think that they are real. Plus, having Misty's powers being called a "fraud" didn't help his opinions on the matter.

Do you guys have any thoughts?
Image
Clickie the sig to go to my sprites! (Updated 10-14-10!)Court Records - The Game!
Thanks to PandaPrinzessin for the signature!
Son to Meenyman and kaisap112! Plus, brother to Madame Sho and Dawn!


Last edited by Dark Coffee Drinker on Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Is Edgeworth an atheist?Topic%20Title
User avatar

FINE

Gender: Male

Location: Not Here

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:07 am

Posts: 1316

Are you serious?
Re: Is Edgeworth an atheist?Topic%20Title
User avatar

HoNk. :o)

Gender: Male

Location: A-Mear-E-Kah

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:10 pm

Posts: 657

Auraion wrote:
Are you serious?


Eh. Don't know. Just a thought.
Image
Clickie the sig to go to my sprites! (Updated 10-14-10!)Court Records - The Game!
Thanks to PandaPrinzessin for the signature!
Son to Meenyman and kaisap112! Plus, brother to Madame Sho and Dawn!
Re: Is Edgeworth an atheist?Topic%20Title
User avatar

I'm not mad! I...I'm just angry.

Gender: Female

Location: The Bostonius

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:00 pm

Posts: 2777

Is Edgeworth an atheist?

I would say there is a good chance he is one. He has described himself as a man of science, and has no faith or interest in anything spiritual. This becomes quite evident in 3-5 whenever he discusses something occult-related with Iris, Gumshoe, or Phoenix.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

Image
...NAILED IT
Re: Is Edgeworth an atheist?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Idol of Polar Bears

Gender: Male

Location: Norcal

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:37 pm

Posts: 4341

I'd say Edgeworth is more of an agnostic more than atheist. He did call himself a believer of science and true facts but just as logic and evidence point to the truth, if science could prove the existence of a God with the same devices, he would likely reassess his perspectives on religion and spiritual faith. Although, if Dahlia's exorcism in 3-5 wasn't enough to trigger some thought on the matter then he is bafflingly stern of mind, which would make the chance of him becoming a believer even less likely than before.
Image


Last edited by Mr. Bear Jew on Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Re: Is Edgeworth an atheist?Topic%20Title
User avatar

あふれるその涙を

Gender: Female

Location: Australia

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:20 am

Posts: 303

I agree with Bear. Someone like Edgeworth who does rely on cold hard evidence to support his logic and rationale for undetermined events and mysteries, the mystery of the universe and the existence of a creator would require the same process. But, because of the lack of evidence, and therefore incomplete pathways of logic, I doubt Miles would form conclusions about any of it, and ergo he would be undecided or agnostic. Although, in the universe of AA and all its supernatural magical girls, I wouldn't be conclusive about anything lol. 8| If anything, God is a member of the Fey clan! :pearl-blush:

What you don't know, you don't know!
Just gonna stand there and watch me burn?
But that's alright because I like the way it hurts


RIP Tobi Wong
Re: Is Edgeworth an atheist?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:36 pm

Posts: 571

That's right. If a man says that he believes in sciense, that doesn't mean that he's atheist. Actually, it did before, but then it was like dark age, when all scholars were burnt or drowned, because folks thought that they did demonic things around.
Miles would be an atheist if he negated the existence of God, but he doesn't. That's why he is more like indifferent about anything higher than usual. As most people nowadays, actually.
Image
Sig by PandaPrinzessin
Re: Is Edgeworth an atheist?Topic%20Title
User avatar

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Gender: Female

Location: America

Rank: Admin

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:16 am

Posts: 5255

Dark Coffee Drinker wrote:
I actually think that he is. His love for logic and reasoning kind of made that relevant to me. Plus, his scientific conclusions and examining all aspects.

Do you guys have any thoughts?


I think it's possible, but *your* use of logic here is fairly flawed. You can be logical and a scientist and still believe in God.

But some others in the thread have raised good points. Edgeworth said he didn't believe in "spiritual" stuff (probably mostly because of the events surrounding his father's death) but he's seen Maya channel people, saw Dahlia come back from the dead etc. If he were pressed to make a conclusion based on the evidence, he'd be forced to admit to the validity of the Fey Clan's spiritual beliefs.
ImageImage
Re: Is Edgeworth an atheist?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:35 am

Posts: 122

I think I'd be obvious if any of the characters don't have a religon. There are more people who believe in christianity and evolution after creation than those who believe that no one created the big bang.
Re: Is Edgeworth an atheist?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Gender: Male

Location: IN SPACE!

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:06 pm

Posts: 6662

Man came from the ground. When Edgeworth was 9 years old, his father returned to the ground.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)


I feel the same
Re: Is Edgeworth an atheist?Topic%20Title
User avatar

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Gender: Female

Location: America

Rank: Admin

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:16 am

Posts: 5255

Optimus Prime wrote:
I think I'd be obvious if any of the characters don't have a religon. There are more people who believe in christianity and evolution after creation than those who believe that no one created the big bang.


How would it be obvious? Atheists don't usually go around proclaiming their lack of religion unless the subject comes up, and it doesn't usually come up in AA (except for the spirit channeling).
ImageImage
Re: Is Edgeworth an atheist?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Is at your court screaming 'OBJECTION!'

Gender: Male

Location: Sunny california

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:00 am

Posts: 6

Maybe, Some people say he doesn't have a soul....BUT his job is to make EVERYONE GUILTY!
Image Image
Re: Is Edgeworth an atheist?Topic%20Title
User avatar

あふれるその涙を

Gender: Female

Location: Australia

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:20 am

Posts: 303

Caper234 wrote:
Maybe, Some people say he doesn't have a soul....BUT his job is to make EVERYONE GUILTY!


But everyone is guilty. Of something.
Just gonna stand there and watch me burn?
But that's alright because I like the way it hurts


RIP Tobi Wong
Re: Is Edgeworth an atheist?Topic%20Title
User avatar

e × e = e²

Gender: Male

Location: God Less America

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 8:17 pm

Posts: 2289

Edgeworth has only ever stated that he is a man of science.
Image
Image
ImageImageImageImageImage
Re: Is Edgeworth an atheist?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Location: Rasu Begasu

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:53 pm

Posts: 2038

Is anyone in Ace Attorney religious?

Besides the Fey clan ancestor worship stuff.
Image
My CR family~ Mother: Naturally Lazy//Father: Phoenix_Apollo//Brothers: JadeRoach and Game Over
Re: Is Edgeworth an atheist?Topic%20Title
User avatar

あふれるその涙を

Gender: Female

Location: Australia

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:20 am

Posts: 303

fatalfeline wrote:
Is anyone in Ace Attorney religious?

Besides the Fey clan ancestor worship stuff.


Depends on what you mean by 'religious'. Although possibly instead of 'religious', they are 'spiritual'. The presence of shrines and temples, as well as meditating suggests this. But yeah, no character has overtly spoken of religious affiliations. (slightly getting offtopic, sorry).
Just gonna stand there and watch me burn?
But that's alright because I like the way it hurts


RIP Tobi Wong
Re: Is Edgeworth an atheist?Topic%20Title
User avatar

HoNk. :o)

Gender: Male

Location: A-Mear-E-Kah

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:10 pm

Posts: 657

hoshihoshi wrote:
fatalfeline wrote:
Is anyone in Ace Attorney religious?

Besides the Fey clan ancestor worship stuff.


Depends on what you mean by 'religious'. Although possibly instead of 'religious', they are 'spiritual'. The presence of shrines and temples, as well as meditating suggests this. But yeah, no character has overtly spoken of religious affiliations. (slightly getting offtopic, sorry).


Actually, they have talked about Religion once. It wasn't any of their opinions, but they did. If you examine the Passion Flowers in AAI case 5, Franziska tells you that it was named after the passion of the christ many years ago. But, I don't think that really matters.
Croik wrote:
Dark Coffee Drinker wrote:
I actually think that he is. His love for logic and reasoning kind of made that relevant to me. Plus, his scientific conclusions and examining all aspects.

Do you guys have any thoughts?


I think it's possible, but *your* use of logic here is fairly flawed. You can be logical and a scientist and still believe in God.

But some others in the thread have raised good points. Edgeworth said he didn't believe in "spiritual" stuff (probably mostly because of the events surrounding his father's death) but he's seen Maya channel people, saw Dahlia come back from the dead etc. If he were pressed to make a conclusion based on the evidence, he'd be forced to admit to the validity of the Fey Clan's spiritual beliefs.


Sorry Croik. I really didn't go into real detail about my opinions. I also kind of forgot about 3-5. :oops: Anyway, I am an atheist so I think that I really should update my post. (If I get any discrimination about being an atheist, I really don't care. I get it enough IRL.) :edgeworth:
Image
Clickie the sig to go to my sprites! (Updated 10-14-10!)Court Records - The Game!
Thanks to PandaPrinzessin for the signature!
Son to Meenyman and kaisap112! Plus, brother to Madame Sho and Dawn!
Re: Is Edgeworth an atheist?Topic%20Title
User avatar

/人◕‿‿◕人\

Gender: Female

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:56 am

Posts: 359

I'm an atheist, but I've seen a lot more discrimination towards religion by aggressive atheists than towards atheism by religious people - not IRL but online, which might be the difference. It's the nutter conservatives who get all the press. Most religious people are just people - they aren't prejudiced wackos.

RE Edgeworth's beliefs, basically what everyone said about agnosticism. I think that's the most likely thing for him. I also think that what he believes in terms of religion isn't very prominent in his mind, that he doesn't think about it at all. After all, his morals and ideals are what he lives by.
~Fanfiction~
"No. Men should die for lies. But the truth is too precious to die for."
-Terry Pratchett, Small Gods
Re: Is Edgeworth an atheist?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Gender: Male

Location: IN SPACE!

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:06 pm

Posts: 6662

Psht. Guys, get real. It's been proven that the only thing he believes in is logic.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)


I feel the same
Re: Is Edgeworth an atheist?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Is at your court screaming 'OBJECTION!'

Gender: Male

Location: Sunny california

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:00 am

Posts: 6

hoshihoshi wrote:
Caper234 wrote:
Maybe, Some people say he doesn't have a soul....BUT his job is to make EVERYONE GUILTY!


But everyone is guilty. Of something.


BUT! Even if they are innocent!..well your right about they must of committed something in their life time
Image Image
Re: Is Edgeworth an atheist?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: USA, MN

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:36 pm

Posts: 17

I just started playing 3-5 and when he said he was logical I knew for a fact he was Atheist. Religious and Logical do not mix.
I would know I am Christian
Pretend there is a signature here.....a good one
Re: Is Edgeworth an atheist?Topic%20Title
User avatar

あふれるその涙を

Gender: Female

Location: Australia

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:20 am

Posts: 303

Caper234 wrote:
BUT! Even if they are innocent!..well your right about they must of committed something in their life time


We're all guilty of some crime. Be it lying, stealing or traffic violations. You'd have to be a vegetable to be completely innocent. And even then I'm not so sure. :yuusaku:

Superjay45 wrote:
I just started playing 3-5 and when he said he was logical I knew for a fact he was Atheist. Religious and Logical do not mix.
I would know I am Christian


That's not always true. I personally know doctors, scientists, physicists, mathematicians, and architects who are deeply religious. There is a very long list of prominent thinkers in history who believe in God, including Newton, Mendel, Einstein, Faraday, Boyle, Descartes, Galileo, etc. Religious belief does NOT negate reason in a person. I used to think so, and Dawkins only fueled this thinking, but I've had many intense debates with my colleagues who are all doctors and extremely bright people who have been devoted to their religion all their lives. Religious belief in contemporary society has become far more progressive and is a personal choice, not at all reflective of the person's education or intelligence level. Stereotyping religious people as irrational morons is wrong.

And therefore we cannot completely discount the possibility that Miles, or any other characters, are religious.
Just gonna stand there and watch me burn?
But that's alright because I like the way it hurts


RIP Tobi Wong
Re: Is Edgeworth an atheist?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: USA, MN

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:36 pm

Posts: 17

Well I know I'm not saying "religious people as irrational morons" most are nice and moral people.

But to be completely honest I couldn't imagine Edgeworth worshiping anybody or anything I just don't think or see him as a follower/believer. But I could see just about everyone else believing something
Pretend there is a signature here.....a good one
Re: Is Edgeworth an atheist?Topic%20Title
User avatar

あふれるその涙を

Gender: Female

Location: Australia

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:20 am

Posts: 303

Superjay45 wrote:
Well I know I'm not saying "religious people as irrational morons" most are nice and moral people.

But to be completely honest I couldn't imagine Edgeworth worshiping anybody or anything I just don't think or see him as a follower/believer. But I could see just about everyone else believing something


No you said 'religion and logic do not mix', and thus you were implying religious belief makes a person irrational idiots. I haven't said anything about relgious people being unice and immoral - that's a totally different thing. You'd completely misunderstood me.

Again, being religious does not mean 'worshipping'. I doubt most people who have a religion will sacrifice livestock and build shrines for their gods nowadays. What Edgeworth believes in is logic, and things that he can see/touch, in other words, proof. His faith is in his ability to work things out, and his skills as a prosecutor. He believes in justice and fairness.
Just gonna stand there and watch me burn?
But that's alright because I like the way it hurts


RIP Tobi Wong
Re: Is Edgeworth an atheist?Topic%20Title
User avatar

/人◕‿‿◕人\

Gender: Female

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:56 am

Posts: 359

^ What she said. More and more these days, religion is being attacked for being illogical and backward, when it's neither of those things. It's the person who makes it what it is and many believers have used logic when becoming religious in the first place.

I've been brought up all my life as a Christian, so even though I've decided I can't believe in God anymore, I guess I might be slightly biased..

But logic cannot prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that God doesn't exist, so being as logical as he is I think that Edgeworth is probably agnostic or just doesn't care.
~Fanfiction~
"No. Men should die for lies. But the truth is too precious to die for."
-Terry Pratchett, Small Gods
Re: Is Edgeworth an atheist?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:35 am

Posts: 122

Edgeworth said that any limitations to the law were set by man. This is not true since the Ten Commandments were set by God.
Re: Is Edgeworth an atheist?Topic%20Title
User avatar

HoNk. :o)

Gender: Male

Location: A-Mear-E-Kah

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:10 pm

Posts: 657

Optimus Prime wrote:
Edgeworth said that any limitations to the law were set by man. This is not true since the Ten Commandments were set by God.


He was talking about laws in out current judicial system. For example: "Weed and marijuana are illegal." Last I checked "Thou shalt not smoke dope." is not a commandment. That law was set by man. 10 commandments only reflect human morality and not what is best for the body.
Image
Clickie the sig to go to my sprites! (Updated 10-14-10!)Court Records - The Game!
Thanks to PandaPrinzessin for the signature!
Son to Meenyman and kaisap112! Plus, brother to Madame Sho and Dawn!
Re: Is Edgeworth an atheist?Topic%20Title
User avatar

The Best Waifu

Gender: Male

Location: Lost Within

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:53 pm

Posts: 3392

Hurr, everybody knows gay people don't believe in God!
Image
Re: Is Edgeworth an atheist?Topic%20Title
User avatar

HoNk. :o)

Gender: Male

Location: A-Mear-E-Kah

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:10 pm

Posts: 657

oicwatudidthar
Image
Clickie the sig to go to my sprites! (Updated 10-14-10!)Court Records - The Game!
Thanks to PandaPrinzessin for the signature!
Son to Meenyman and kaisap112! Plus, brother to Madame Sho and Dawn!
Re: Is Edgeworth an atheist?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Just being.

Gender: Female

Location: Poland, Piaseczno

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:11 pm

Posts: 22

I don't care if he is, because i'm atheist too.
It does nothing. But that's always good though.
Image
Re: Is Edgeworth an atheist?Topic%20Title
User avatar

HoNk. :o)

Gender: Male

Location: A-Mear-E-Kah

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:10 pm

Posts: 657

Hilla wrote:
I don't care if he is, because i'm atheist too.
It does nothing. But that's always good though.


True. I don't know but I've always wondered that. I thought that he was at least a skeptic because he wasn't as convinced as I was.
Image
Clickie the sig to go to my sprites! (Updated 10-14-10!)Court Records - The Game!
Thanks to PandaPrinzessin for the signature!
Son to Meenyman and kaisap112! Plus, brother to Madame Sho and Dawn!
Re: Is Edgeworth an atheist?Topic%20Title

Two more games coming up soon

Gender: Male

Location: Paris

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:45 pm

Posts: 929

Optimus Prime wrote:
Edgeworth said that any limitations to the law were set by man. This is not true since the Ten Commandments were set by God.

> I see your point, but actual laws are always set by the people. Even when they're based on religious principles, they're merely a human interpretation of the word of God - hence why so many philosophers emphasized on the distinction between natural law (the real law of God) and positive law (law as it is applied in reality).
In any case, that doesn't have anything to do with whether Edgeworth is an atheist. There's no contradiction between believing that laws are created by human beings and believing in God ;p
Creator of Apollo Justice Case 5: Turnabout Substitution: Trailer - Download
Co-creator of New Year's Turnabout, Turnabout Revolution, and At Dawn's Break
Re: Is Edgeworth an atheist?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:35 am

Posts: 122

Croik wrote:
Optimus Prime wrote:
I think I'd be obvious if any of the characters don't have a religon. There are more people who believe in christianity and evolution after creation than those who believe that no one created the big bang.


How would it be obvious? Atheists don't usually go around proclaiming their lack of religion unless the subject comes up, and it doesn't usually come up in AA (except for the spirit channeling).

I assume that since hows like House MD and Bones have atheist protagonists, and those who have a religion wouldn't proclaim that out loud, I assume atheists would. For example, those who want the word god taken out of the pledge of allegiance would start an argument about how irrelevant religion is to patriotism. However, someone who places god above patriotism would only say something in response like "leave it as is".
Re: Is Edgeworth an atheist?Topic%20Title
User avatar

HoNk. :o)

Gender: Male

Location: A-Mear-E-Kah

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:10 pm

Posts: 657

Optimus Prime wrote:
Croik wrote:
Optimus Prime wrote:
I think I'd be obvious if any of the characters don't have a religon. There are more people who believe in christianity and evolution after creation than those who believe that no one created the big bang.


How would it be obvious? Atheists don't usually go around proclaiming their lack of religion unless the subject comes up, and it doesn't usually come up in AA (except for the spirit channeling).

I assume that since hows like House MD and Bones have atheist protagonists, and those who have a religion wouldn't proclaim that out loud, I assume atheists would. For example, those who want the word god taken out of the pledge of allegiance would start an argument about how irrelevant religion is to patriotism. However, someone who places god above patriotism would only say something in response like "leave it as is".


That example is just an example of wanting to be treated fairly. In this nation, everyone is supposed to be equal right? Well if in our pledge to be faithful to our country, 14% of americans wouldn't want to say that line. In the 60's, people thought that african americans were lesser people because they were the minority. Today, people who are atheists are in minority due to America being mainly a christian country. George Bush said himself that "Atheists are not American citizens. We are a nation under god." I bet that similar (not about atheism but about not being citizens) things were said about the civil rights activists and now, we feel bad for not letting them have freedom and how we got mad at them because they "proclaim it out loud". This nation wasn't founded underneath religion because people like Thomas Jefferson and George Washington were called atheists. Even Abraham Lincoln is considered one today. The "under god" and "in god we trust" parts of American culture were introduced in the 50's. So, if we're sorry about what we did in the 60's, why repeat it today? Atheists can speak out if they want to without being classified as people that want to abolish religion and at every chance complain. As for me, I say "one nation under law." :3

EDIT: 300 post. I'm surprised it's not video game related.
Image
Clickie the sig to go to my sprites! (Updated 10-14-10!)Court Records - The Game!
Thanks to PandaPrinzessin for the signature!
Son to Meenyman and kaisap112! Plus, brother to Madame Sho and Dawn!
Re: Is Edgeworth an atheist?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Location: Hazakurain

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon May 05, 2008 3:34 am

Posts: 1196

My money's on agnostic. There's no hard evidence that God exists, yet there is no hard evidence that suggests that God does NOT exist. I can't see Miles definitively saying that there are no gods, because there is no proof. That being said, I don't think he's the type to waste his time wondering about the Great Unknown. Rather than believing in concepts such as "the Will of God," he believes that human beings are responsible for forming their own destiny (at least, that's my interpretation of his character).
Re: Is Edgeworth an atheist?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Captain Hair!

Gender: Male

Location: California

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:56 pm

Posts: 266

I never really considered this, but I suppose it could be possible. However, I think the developers intentionally leave things like this in the game so we can speculate and believe whatever we want.
Image
Re: Is Edgeworth an atheist?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Robo-Aly

Gender: Female

Location: Vancouver

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:14 am

Posts: 1019

He's likely to be either atheist or agnostic, although agnostic has a higher probability (given how he feels about evidence, he may not want to form an opinion without any evidence).

With that being said, I must agree with those here who have said that you can't know. Religion isn't talked about much in the games other than the spirit channelling; most atheists and agnostics won't talk about religion unless it's brought up, and generally won't make a fuss about it unless being non-religious is negatively discussed. It's pretty much just how most religious people are (or I hope so, at least; I don't actually know that many religious people). It's not a common subject of conversation.
Image
Re: Is Edgeworth an atheist?Topic%20Title
User avatar

"I'm End Quote." end quote.

Gender: Male

Location: Belgium

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:22 pm

Posts: 612

I dont think many people would still be religious over 10 years when PW is supposed to take place, especially not a "man of science" like Edgeworth is.

And I just hope this topic isn't going to become a "Religion vs. Atheism"-topic like most stuff ends up on the internet when religion is mentioned.
:keiko: WARNING: SIG CONTAINS LAME JOKE
ImageImage
Re: Is Edgeworth an atheist?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Captain Ascot and the Survey Corps!

Gender: Male

Location: Scotland

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:16 pm

Posts: 845

I suppose I've never really thought about Edgeworth'sreligious views, but I tend to support him being agnostic, he values science and reasoining, yes, but that is when trying to determine someone's guilt, to ensure justice is served. Seeing as he's a man of evidence, and there is evidence in AA to suggest, even if there is no god mentioned, that the human spirit lives on after death. His personal life means he is unsure about this, of course, but he wouldn't rule anything out, especially not after seeing how Phoenix proved people's innocence through unconventional thinking.
Re: Is Edgeworth an atheist?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:11 pm

Posts: 7882

End Quote wrote:
I dont think many people would still be religious over 10 years when PW is supposed to take place, especially not a "man of science" like Edgeworth is.


Do you mean you think religion is just somehow going to slowly die out? 8|
Imagesee how it withers before my flower of justiceImage

Image
Page 1 of 3 [ 119 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
cron
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO