Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby

Page 4 of 8[ 290 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 


Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)Topic%20Title
User avatar

cheep cheep cheeeeep

Gender: Female

Location: Washington, D.C. area

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:59 pm

Posts: 26

Lounger wrote:
Does anyone else find the Iron Infant character idea annoying?


I don't find it annoying, but I found it to be a bit too much. The Infant isn't an integral part of the series (as it's a doll) and the fact that the Steel Samurai settled down to become a father of a doll doesn't sound like very entertaining television. :yuusaku:
Image
Image
Image
Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)Topic%20Title
User avatar

WAAAAAAAGH!

Gender: Male

Location: In America!

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:06 pm

Posts: 304

pleadingeyes wrote:
General Tommy wrote:
Kay. Alright, Kay's personality isn't truly annoying because it's the same personality Trucy, Maya, and even Pearl has. It was mostly the constant reminders that she's a thief. (Side note: During that old thread about Kay being a Sue or not, wasn't the general agreement that, while exceptional, she isn't a Sue?)


I think there was no agreement. People were divided into three camps. 1. Kay's a good character. 2. She's poorly written but not a Sue. 3. She's a Sue.

Personally, I can't think of any new assistant that pops out of the woodwork and then saves Edgeworth THREE TIMES in the span of three cases is anything less than a Sue.

Plus, it felt as if they were trying to make her too many of the characters at once. She was supposed to be the sassy assistant (Maya), the maligned youngster (Pearl, Trucy), and the geek with the cool tools (Ema). It's why her personality seemed so inconsistent and flip-floppy, and also made it seem a bit inexplicable that so many characters liked her.

But I suppose we'll all just have to agree to disagree.

It's probably the last part that was the most grating. Never truly understood why Capcom was always going for the "Genki Girl" assistant, but apparently it sells, so they roll with it to squeeze as much moolah as they can out of it. Perhaps the sheer condensation of all of those traits into one character was the main problem.

But yeah, agree to disagree. It's very hard to make a case for either side, really. There are parts that suggest Sueness, and parts that don't suggest it. It all boils down to how you read the situation.

Now then, back on track, I think another character that I might've had problems with was the Amanos. Old Guy Amano (I can't recall his name) was a bit of a dick for just randomly buying up a piece of a theme park (is that even legal?) to cover up his son's murder. Youngster Aamano was also a bit of a dick for kidnapping himself, throwing his father into a major amount of stress, all so that he can swipe some cash from him. That, my friend, is being a spoiled-rotten douche.
Image
Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)Topic%20Title

EDGEWORTH RULES ALL! <3

Gender: Female

Location: The prosecution's bench

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:47 pm

Posts: 10

Quite a few annoyed me, but Calisto Yew in particular. Her laughing just really annoyed me. Shih-na, though, was better as she didn't laugh.
:gypsy: Zinc LaBlanc did too. Ugh.
Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)Topic%20Title
User avatar

nightwish~

Gender: Female

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:39 am

Posts: 3

Zinc LaBlanc was terrible, I'm sorry. Ugly and really annoying. :larry: Also Meekins, I guess he's kinda cute at first but after a while he's just irritating :yuusaku:

I actually really liked Kay ;-;
Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)Topic%20Title
User avatar

They took some honey, from a tree...

Gender: None specified

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:03 am

Posts: 172

Lance Amano. A complete and utter annoyance. Seriously, I'd like to lance him with a sharp, pointy stick. He's got an attitude only a father could love.

Oh and Quercus Alba...
Spoiler: Case 5
There, you HAVE to admit your guilt now, righ-OBJECTION!
GODDAMNIT!

Image
Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Indeed! Verily, I say... Ergo!

Gender: Female

Location: My chair.

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:03 am

Posts: 25

I actually really, really love Kay. She is my favorite person on that game besides Miles and Gumshoe.

Lablanc
Jacques
Cammy
All the Amanos pissed me off
Alba

I have too many words of why they all annoyed me. Some because of their movements took forever to wait for to be done. AND. Damn Jacques with his jacket constantly! Ugh. Oh. Oldbag coming in there twice was just too much. I literally headdesk'd when she came in the second case. But when Larry came in, I was like :maya-shock: but I was happy he was back. He made some parts rather amusing. I am ALMOST done with the last case but I have to say. This is the longest case I almost kind of hate. But Alba is pretty bad ass even though he is REALLY annoying

Quick question. How can Gumshoe have such a problem with blood yet I remember him not having so much trouble in past cases with blood in PW? I do not get this. How could he even GET to be a detective?! Also, I think Gumshoe might turn into a Tyrell Badd.

Also. I hated Lang at the beginning with the second case but now I really, really love his character. He is pretty cool. I have come to enjoy him when he comes into the picture.

Also, Calisto Yew I kind of hated at first but then I had grown to like her. Her "Objection!" was kind of disturbing to hear but otherwise. I liked her laugh, it made me laugh also.
Image
Amazing signature & avatar made by Midnight Jasper


Last edited by Yatagarasu on Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:01 am, edited 3 times in total.
Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Indeed! Verily, I say... Ergo!

Gender: Female

Location: My chair.

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:03 am

Posts: 25

Oops. Double post, sorry. I mean to do something else. Ignore this. D:
Image
Amazing signature & avatar made by Midnight Jasper
Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: Chesterfield, England

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:42 pm

Posts: 86

Fallegur wrote:
Zinc LaBlanc was terrible, I'm sorry. Ugly and really annoying. :larry: Also Meekins, I guess he's kinda cute at first but after a while he's just irritating :yuusaku:

I actually really liked Kay ;-;


Zinc LaBlanc: Agreed
Meekins: I strangely enjoy Meekins' character, but in the same way you enjoy a purposefully annoying character such as Ron DeLite... Wait that's not right... I guess I see Meekins' character in the same way I see Ron Delite...
(Ron DeLite reference if you didn't notice :godot: )
Kay: OMGZORZ I love Kay so much!!! She's may actually be my favourite assistant in the series
Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)Topic%20Title
User avatar

cheep cheep cheeeeep

Gender: Female

Location: Washington, D.C. area

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:59 pm

Posts: 26

Aw, I thought Ron was adorable. ;u; And Kay is pretty cool too - the fact that she gets along so well with Gumshoe (and is present way more than Maggey) makes her an interesting character, in my opinion.
Image
Image
Image
Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: Chesterfield, England

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:42 pm

Posts: 86

foreigner wrote:
Aw, I thought Ron was adorable. ;u; And Kay is pretty cool too - the fact that she gets along so well with Gumshoe (and is present way more than Maggey) makes her an interesting character, in my opinion.


Do I detect a hint of shipping? :eh?:
Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)Topic%20Title
User avatar

nightwish~

Gender: Female

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:39 am

Posts: 3

Fi101 wrote:
Fallegur wrote:
Zinc LaBlanc was terrible, I'm sorry. Ugly and really annoying. :larry: Also Meekins, I guess he's kinda cute at first but after a while he's just irritating :yuusaku:

I actually really liked Kay ;-;


Zinc LaBlanc: Agreed
Meekins: I strangely enjoy Meekins' character, but in the same way you enjoy a purposefully annoying character such as Ron DeLite... Wait that's not right... I guess I see Meekins' character in the same way I see Ron Delite...
(Ron DeLite reference if you didn't notice :godot: )
Kay: OMGZORZ I love Kay so much!!! She's may actually be my favourite assistant in the series


I knowwwww, I think shes amazingD: Hahah i get what you mean about Meekins, I guess I feel the same way about Oldbag and Larry :3
Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)Topic%20Title
User avatar

cheep cheep cheeeeep

Gender: Female

Location: Washington, D.C. area

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:59 pm

Posts: 26

Fi101 wrote:
foreigner wrote:
Aw, I thought Ron was adorable. ;u; And Kay is pretty cool too - the fact that she gets along so well with Gumshoe (and is present way more than Maggey) makes her an interesting character, in my opinion.


Do I detect a hint of shipping? :eh?:


No, I think they're just on friendly terms. My OTP is Gumshoe/Maggey. :keiko:
But now that you mention it, I'm okay with them (GumKay? KayShoe?) as a pairing also.
It's just that everyone beats up on Gumshoe, so it's good that he's got an actual ally now. To me, Phoenix technically didn't count because of the fact that Gumshoe was under Edgeworth (no pun intended lol).
Image
Image
Image
Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Currently Godot addicted <3

Gender: Female

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:29 am

Posts: 8

Well, for one thing I found Cammy Meeles quite annoying. She was always in constant nap,
and with that stupid grinning and her attitude... they were the last thing I would ever need to cross-examine her :edgeworth:
Calisto Yew... well her objection voice gave me impenetrable shock, and her 'phhhhwhaaa!' laughs bursting from
random moments with random (and stupid) reasons... I honestly felt like throwing a hot Godot brand 107 into her mouth
so she would never dare to laugh again :karma: Although...

Spoiler:
I liked her 'Shin-na' version. Yew should have just stayed that way.


And Lastly, THE BASTARD in this game (: the ultimate boss with characteristics of Redd White+Gant+Manfred combined.
you should know what I mean if you are the one finished that DREADFULLY LONG LAST REBUTTAL.
Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)Topic%20Title

Monsieur butts

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:26 am

Posts: 9

1.Zinc Leblanc, I have no idea why they have to make all the old people so annoying, but they need to quit it.
2. Quercas Alba See above about annoying old people. Beating oneself up for their screwups does not make for interesting character
3.Lauren Paups I agree with Kay on this one, she really needs to learn how to innerdialogue
4.Jaques portman Too much of a douchebag to be likeable
5.Colias Palaeno I was so hoping that he would be the villain so I could take his annoying coupon giving butt away for good.
Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Hello, Adrian.

Gender: Male

Location: Unknown

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:05 am

Posts: 519

Oscirus wrote:
5.Colias Palaeno I was so hoping that he would be the villain so I could take his annoying coupon giving butt away for good.

Hey, don't go hatin' on the Palaeno. He's actually genuinly nice.

On-Topic:
Lance Amano.
He was nothing more than a spoiled, daddy's boy crybaby.
Image
Mostly a lurker now. I used to be active once upon a time.
Thank you PandaPrinzessin for the sig and avy, I love them!
Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)Topic%20Title
User avatar

The Twisted Samurai

Gender: Male

Location: Wherever I may roam.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:05 pm

Posts: 4848

Ernest Armano may be a bastard, though after replaying that case he is just a father caring for his dangered son, he only does what would be normal for a loving father. No one can blame a mother or father when they wanna protect their children before harm (even though it was caused by themself)
Image
"The hammer that strikes too fast has no time to aim."
Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Team Stepladder, represent!

Gender: Female

Location: Defendant Lobby No. 1

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:41 am

Posts: 246

^ Eh, well, Ernest Amano was definitely a little more than a concerned father...
Spoiler: AAI-3
He was head of a company that took part in an international crime ring!! ._.
That...makes me completely lose any possible sympathy for him.

Also, the kind of person who uses his obscene amount of wealth to get his way (as he does by randomly buying that haunted house xD) is definitely the annoying kind, in my book.
So, the elder Amano is on my "annoying" list, although his total and complete jerk of a son is much higher on that list.


Some commonly-thought-to-be-annoying characters who I actually don't mind are Larry, Meekins (x3 Meekins is adorable!!), and Jacques Portsman. Their intentionally-obnoxious quirks are all amusing or likable in some way, in my opinion.

...Also, hearing anyone call Palaeno annoying makes me sad. :larry: He's sooo nice! He did absolutely nothing wrong! What more could you ask for!?


However, one commonly-thought-to-be-annoying character who I absolutely agree is incredibly annoying is WENDY OLDBAG.
Whenever she pops up, I feel the same as Edgey does: "Nngooooh!!!"


Kay was annoying when she mocked Gumshoe about stealing his role... :sadshoe: ...but, she was generally an okay character.


But the most generally annoying character of all had to be... :gypsy: ...


Oh, and Alba kinda goes without saying. xD
Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:51 pm

Posts: 6

Uhh...lets see...
Yew....I hate Yew and its not only her objection...she's just so smug :snap:

Alba.. He put me to sleep every time I had to talk to him and his nose...whats up with that? o.o
Spoiler:
I suspected him the whole time :P
Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)Topic%20Title
User avatar

A.K.A Very Melon

Gender: Male

Location: Finland, North Europe

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:51 am

Posts: 1047

Wolf-guy was annoying, must admit.

-SS
Image
Spoiler: StepMania vids
Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)Topic%20Title
User avatar

The Twisted Samurai

Gender: Male

Location: Wherever I may roam.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:05 pm

Posts: 4848

@Asa Turney: I was talking about this particular case, seperated from the rest AAI plot, Enest Amano is a bastard, but his movements still are understandable, at least in my book...
Image
"The hammer that strikes too fast has no time to aim."
Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Fantina's perfect little Franny!

Gender: Female

Location: UK

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:33 pm

Posts: 3474

I'm going to slap Lance with fish for his annoying two-faced behavior.
Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)Topic%20Title
User avatar

We are one

Gender: Male

Location: Geneva.

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:50 pm

Posts: 167

Mitsunyan wrote:
Coffee Prosecutor wrote:
even though, why does a stupid non important char gets a breakdown?

That leaves me with one explanation: he's a psycho who can't control his emotions. Case closed. :franny:
I mean, yeah, I agree, that wan unnecesary breakdown. Take things easy, Lablanc!
To tell the truth, I was kind of pleased then he did this
Spoiler:
Image


And I loved the fact that nobody but Gumshoe payed attention. Srsly.

Lol. It's very funny when I see it.

The most annoying one: Oldbag: Case 3: "Huh? What the f...?" and Case 5: "WENDY OLDBAG! YOU OLD BITCH!"
The stupidest one: Alba: When I saw his face and heard his objection, I said: "Oh my god! I've met the oldest Satan of my life! Holy s...!" :beef:
Image
Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)Topic%20Title

Gender: Male

Location: New York City

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:12 am

Posts: 61

denerop wrote:
I didn't like Zinc Lablanc at all.
He was just annoying. Some of his sprites just were to long imo.
I didn't like his character either.

Agreed. He may have been funny for some, but all he succeeded in doing was pissing me off.
Sig creation in process.
Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Hau!

Gender: Female

Location: Out of my head.

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:09 am

Posts: 25

... Wow. I didn't realize how many characters actually striked me as annoying. o.o Usually when I meet an annoying character, I just kind of brush him/her off and keep playing. So, uh... Here's my list:

Jacques Portsman: I actually kind of like him as a character (except for the fact that he was an evil murderer), but that animation with the coat... GAH!

Zinc Leblanc: Again with the annoying animations that you couldn't skip through, but he was also just generally annoying. And as stated before, why did he have to have such a dramatic breakdown...?

The Amanos: I hated them both. Especially Ernest's whole "now.................. now..................... now......................" thing. I wanted to through my DS across the room about three times during Case 3...

Calisto: Only because of her "Objection" voice. I actually liked her laughing and found it kind of cute... >///>

Alba: When a PW "boss" objects you once, it's shocking. Twice, it's somewhat gasp-y. Three times, you're starting to get annoyed. Four times... *explodes*

I actually didn't find the Oldbag appearances "annoying," per se. I don't really know why... Maybe I'm just a sucker for cameos. ^_^
Interesting signature? Uh... Look, a diversion! *flees*
Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Mrs. Jughead Jones ♥

Gender: Female

Location: Austria

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:38 pm

Posts: 1229

1. Jacques Portsman - I call him "The Gay Faggot", because he wears PINK. Yeah, pink. I hate pink clothes on guys. >.>

2. Calisto Yew - Maybe I like her, maybe not. But her 'Objection' isn't good. I think, she's pretty and all - but I scream: "WTF? Her OBJECTION isn't an OBJECTION!" - Crushfail.

3. Alba - I don't like him. Really. Ew. I dunno. XD

4. Cammy Meele - My boyfriend likes her boobs.. :hotti:
She's a horrible character with a lot of sexyness. That's what I said, 'kay?

5. Wendy Oldbag - I don't like her and I'll never like her. (:


GAH. That's weird. But I like Rhoda, she's PREEEETTYYYY :3 :bellboy:

Yo, 'sup. That's all.
What makes a place feel like home? Is it warmth and familiarity? Some idealized, make-believe TV version of the American Dream? Is it love and acceptance? Or is it simple safety?

Jughead Jones
Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: America

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:54 pm

Posts: 151

Mary Faraday wrote:
1. Jacques Portsman - I call him "The Gay Faggot", because he wears PINK. Yeah, pink. I hate pink clothes on guys. >.>


...

You guys are awesome and all, and I mean absolutely no offense whatsoever...but can we honestly go ahead and not use the "f word?" Aside from the likes of the "n word" I really can't imagine anything more offensive. It's an absolutely unnecessary and frankly bigoted description to throw around.

I mean I know you probably weren't like "I really want to offend the GLBT community and its allies!" but the problem is that word is going to be quite offensive regardless of the context or the capacity in which you wield it.
Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Mrs. Jughead Jones ♥

Gender: Female

Location: Austria

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:38 pm

Posts: 1229

Perseverance wrote:
Mary Faraday wrote:
1. Jacques Portsman - I call him "The Gay Faggot", because he wears PINK. Yeah, pink. I hate pink clothes on guys. >.>


...

You guys are awesome and all, and I mean absolutely no offense whatsoever...but can we honestly go ahead and not use the "f word?" Aside from the likes of the "n word" I really can't imagine anything more offensive. It's an absolutely unnecessary and frankly bigoted description to throw around.

I mean I know you probably weren't like "I really want to offend the GLBT community and its allies!" but the problem is that word is going to be quite offensive regardless of the context or the capacity in which you wield it.


I'm so sorry. But I don't even know, what's your problem is? (I don't mean that bad! I only want know it..)

Now, I'm gone to make some weeeeird homework..
Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: America

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:54 pm

Posts: 151

Mary Faraday wrote:
I'm so sorry. But I don't even know, what's your problem is? (I don't mean that bad! I only want know it..)


There are really less than a handful of words in the English language that are generally considered worse then cursing and "inherently offensive" due their derogatory meaning against minority groups who have been victims of bigotry and discrimination. "The f word" is one of them.

...And given that you're not a native English speaker, I really wouldn't have made a deal out of this except for the fact that you did use "the f word" to describe and insult "stereotypically homosexual behavior." Implying an effeminate stereotype of gays is somewhat offensive in and of itself, and probably should be avoided, but describing it with the "f word" just makes it a lot worse.

Just be aware of the fact that it's a hurtful word that shouldn't be used to describe anything, just as you shouldn't use the "n word" to describe anything.
Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Location: United States

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:09 pm

Posts: 2276

._.;

To get back on topic...

The most annoying character in the game for me was Leblanc. His animations were obnoxious and he just acts really whiny throughout the whole case. Ugh.
Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)Topic%20Title
User avatar

I feel violated... and crispy...

Gender: Female

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:14 pm

Posts: 325

Mary Faraday wrote:
1. Jacques Portsman - I call him "The Gay Faggot", because he wears PINK. Yeah, pink. I hate pink clothes on guys. >.>


I didn't like Jacques because he was boring, paper-thin, and annoying. In other words, he was a pretty lame villain.

But it surprises me that people still think a man wearing pink = gay. It's a color, it doesn't define you in any way. Just ask Dr. House!

Image
Nom nom nom! Real men wear pink!

And further than that, assuming he's gay (regardless of how you got to this conclusion), and saying that's a reason to hate him? Really? So it wouldn't matter if he was an otherwise awesome character, but if he wears pink and is therefor gay, then he should be hated? What about Edgeworth? He's had some questionable shades of clothes in official art before.

Image
Wake up in the morning, feeling like a laywer~

I'm sorry if what you were trying to say just got muddled by the language barrier. I know I've mis-spoken and mis-written what I meant to say LOTS of times, even as a native speaker, so I can sympathize! But the way it came out sounded pretty offensive. ^^;

The f-word should only be used to describe cigarettes!
I know who Apollo's real father is, and I have evidence...
Spriters needed for fanmade GS5! It's gonna be BIG!
Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: America

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:54 pm

Posts: 151

Pleading Eyes wrote:
But it surprises me that people still think a man wearing pink = gay.


Man if that were actually true I'd be totally gay based on the sheer number of pink clothing in my closets! I've always been told I look particularly handsome in two colors, green and pink, so I frequently wear them. I'd hate to think the color defined my sexuality (and I'd hate to think I'd have to give up pink clothing to "prove" I was straight!)

All jokes aside, Mary's been awesome here -- very friendly, very hospitable, and one of the first to welcome me into the forums...not the type of person who'd intend anything offensive. I think it was necessary to address the "f word" issue because I can't stand it whenever it's used (and it's a very sensitive topic right now, with all the horrible suicides that have been occurring due to bigotry,) but I think Mary's gotten the message and I'm willing to drop it now.
Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)Topic%20Title
User avatar

I feel violated... and crispy...

Gender: Female

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:14 pm

Posts: 325

Works for me!

Pink shirts and cookies for everyone!

Also, I really do dislike Jacques Portsman. He was the lamest villain. XD
I know who Apollo's real father is, and I have evidence...
Spriters needed for fanmade GS5! It's gonna be BIG!
Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: America

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:54 pm

Posts: 151

Pleading Eyes wrote:
Pink shirts and cookies for everyone!


Oooh! Please say they're oatmeal raisin cookies!!!

Pleading Eyes wrote:
Also, I really do dislike Jacques Portsman. He was the lamest villain. XD


...Nah. The award for "worst character in GK" has to go to Lance Amano, Zinc Lablanc, or Mask DeMasque II. They were all far worse than Portsman.

(...In retrospect, AAI had a really terrible supporting cast compared to other Ace Attorney games, but I tended to overlook that because the main characters were so great. You can't complain when you're spending so much time with :edgeworth: , :franny: and :eh?: .)
Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)Topic%20Title
User avatar

I feel violated... and crispy...

Gender: Female

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:14 pm

Posts: 325

Perseverance wrote:

Oooh! Please say they're oatmeal raisin cookies!!!


They're actually layered cookies. Every flavor in one!

Perseverance wrote:
...Nah. The award for "worst character in GK" has to go to Lance Amano, Zinc Lablanc, or Mask DeMasque II. They were all far worse than Portsman.

(...In retrospect, AAI had a really terrible supporting cast compared to other Ace Attorney games, but I tended to overlook that because the main characters were so great. You can't complain when you're spending so much time with :edgeworth: , :franny: and :eh?: .)


AAI's supporting cast WAS pretty terrible. But even worse I'd say is a certain main character they had.

I've never disliked an assistant before Kay. =/ But I've already made a case for why I think she's a horribly written character many times, so no need to repeat myself. XD

I think Edgey and Gumshoe weren't very well characterized either. JFA established that, while bumbling, Gumshoe is good with technology. This comes up in RftA too. And yet in AAI he cant even work a television. His weird fear of blood just struck me as bizarre. How did he become a homocide detective if blood makes him squeamish? WHY did he become a homocide detective? And why has he never cared about this before? The first three PW games had blood and he never minded.

Edgeworth was so slow. Took him forever to put anything together. He also was so much more flippant with Gumshoe. He didn't treat him like that in T&T. I thought his character had developed past this. What caused this reversal in development?
I know who Apollo's real father is, and I have evidence...
Spriters needed for fanmade GS5! It's gonna be BIG!
Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: America

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:54 pm

Posts: 151

Pleading Eyes wrote:
I think Edgey and Gumshoe weren't very well characterized either.


I agree with your points regarding Gumshoe. It was definitely a step backwards from his characterization in the original PW trilogy, but I was willing to forgive all the technical inaccuracies and inconsistencies because his dialogue was still just so gosh-darned lovable. Like it or not, Gumshoe (at least in my opinion) was always more of a comedic relief character than one to be taken seriously. So long as :eh?: had some screentime with :maggy: , and so long as he seemed his usual jovial self, I really didn't mind.

As for Edgeworth, I think it's a necessary sacrifice of actually playing as him (as opposed to playing as Phoenix.) When you're Phoenix, Edgeworth always seemed a step ahead in the logic game; he knew the answers when you were struggling to put the pieces together. Now that we're seeing things from Edgeworth's perspective, though, the game would just be too easy if you had the benefit of his astounding intellect. I do appreciate that the writers made him sufficiently different from (yet at the same time, clearly influenced by and comparable to) Phoenix.

And I do think the writers did a great job of portraying Edgeworth as a lot smarter than Phoenix while simultaneously ensuring that there were still things to do and mysteries to solve. (Though the game was, in my opinion, actually a little too easy precisely because Edgey seemed to often telegraph the answers in advance. And whereas Phoenix seemed to genuinely struggle against the odds in PW, which raised the stakes and elevated dramatic tension, in AAI I never felt that Edgeworth's ultimate victory was in doubt.)

Franny :franny: was actually my biggest disappointment. They had crafted her in such an amazing way throughout the original PW trilogy, enabling her to gradually experience meaningful character growth as she went from "cold-hearted whip-wielding villainess" to "an increasingly sympathetic and likable tsundere." She had moments of vulnerability and moments of empathy in the original trilogy, like when :phoenix: gave her the tulips, when she cried in front of :edgeworth: , when she was really concerned upon learning that :phoenix: fell from the bridge, and when she reacted poorly to :pearl: 's criticism.

...Then in AAI, supposedly after the events of Trials and Tribulations, Franny really reverted back to her old self. The character growth was largely erased. It was disappointing.
As a :phoenix: + :franny: shipper, I found a way to fit that regression into my theory that Franny needs Phoenix to keep her grounded, but even still, I'd have preferred the "new" Franny instead of the "old" one to make an appearance.
Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)Topic%20Title
User avatar

I feel violated... and crispy...

Gender: Female

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:14 pm

Posts: 325

I think it was worse than him just seeming stupid because we were playing him. In AA the game was always interesting because I'd put together the pieces around the time the game wanted me to. It was really well written in this way. In AAI, it's so easy to figure out what happened LONG before the characters ever get around to it.

Like Miles standing there trying to figure out why there's no blood at the crime scene when we've know forEVER that costumes were stolen. Or Miles assuming that the wrong person was on the stage, when we ALREADY know how the bullet entered and exited the body. Why would he even make this mistake if he already has the information to the contrary? The logic system in general felt stupid. "There's plastic bags here." "There's plastic bags here too!" They were in the same room, why didn't he just assume this?

I agree with you about Franziska too. Both her and Miles were sent way back in their development, which is a shame after seeing how far they'd progressed in T&T.
I know who Apollo's real father is, and I have evidence...
Spriters needed for fanmade GS5! It's gonna be BIG!
Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: America

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:54 pm

Posts: 151

Pleading Eyes wrote:
I agree with you about Franziska too. Both her and Miles were sent way back in their development, which is a shame after seeing how far they'd progressed in T&T.


Given that I often find myself suspecting that both :franny: and :edgy: have monstrous crushes on Phoenix, (along with possibly half the rest of Ace Attorney's cast,) the clear solution here is that both Franny and Edgeworth are miserably depressed without their Pheeny. They probably each dejectedly walked back into their hotel rooms during the events of AAI, pulled out a photo of Phoenix and kissed it softly before crying themselves to sleep.

Now it all makes sense! Edgeworth was off his game because he couldn't get a certain spikey-haired defense lawyer off his mind. He probably spent half of AAI fantasizing about Nick spontaneously showing up for an impromptu declaration of out-of-the closet love and a subsequent makeout session! And Franziska was irrationally angry because there was no Phoenix Wright to whip, berate, and passionately kiss when he least expected it. AAI is secretly the tale of two prosecutors reduced to a state of emotional agony without their love muffin. ;)

As a brief aside I'm going to note that I find it hysterical that you agree with me regarding Franziska's step backwards in character development in AAI, yet you ship Franziska with Larry! Talk about taking a few steps in the wrong direction!
...Okay, okay, I'll try not to laugh at your shipping preferences. And they could be cute together...if and when Larry stops his woeful misogynistic approach to dating.
Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)Topic%20Title
User avatar

I feel violated... and crispy...

Gender: Female

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:14 pm

Posts: 325

HAHA! It's quite possible they were both miserable because of the lack of Phoenix! Or maybe it's because Phoenix is Voldemort in AAI. Seriously, no one will say his name.

Actually, I ship Larry/Franzy because I think it's hilarious. I don't take shipping seriously. But also, I think they would be good for each other's development! XD

Larry is the kind of guy whose never motivated UNLESS its for a woman. Then he'll do whatever she asks. Having someone like Franziska who is HYPER MOTIVATED might help him get up and get his life together. Plus he'd be happy to have his goddess to spoil with affection.

Franziska on the other hand suffers from a major inferiority complex, she never thinks she's good enough, perfect enough, and is never happy because of it. This is probably due to her father neglecting her achievements and focusing all on Miles for better or worse. Having Larry who would think she's perfect regardless and would lavish her with the attention and praise she never got in her youth would probably be a much needed ego boost. She wouldn't have to go around whipping people and killing herself to be perfect to feel good around Larry. Larry already thinks she's a goddess.

So Larry gets his act together, Franziska relaxes somewhat. Franziska gets all the attention and validation she's always craved, and Larry gets his goddess to love and spoil rotten like he's always wanted. I don't think it's a step in the wrong direction at all.

Besides, it would drive Miles CRAZY. Both Larry and Franzy would get the biggest kick out of picking on Miles!

:eh?: : Uh, sir? A Mr. von Karma to see you?

:edgeworth: : *almost has a heart attack* WHAT!? B-but he's dead!

:butzthumbs: : HEEEY EDGEY!

:edgeworth: : GACK! Y-you!?

:butzthumbs: : Larry von Karma, at your service!

:edgeworth: : ... why is he saying his last name is von Karma?

:butzthumbs: : Because I'm doing your hot sister!

:franny: : I dare say there's something... perfect about the irony.

:edgeworth: : (No amount of therapy will ever make this moment grow dim...)

Manfred is spinning in his grave.
I know who Apollo's real father is, and I have evidence...
Spriters needed for fanmade GS5! It's gonna be BIG!


Last edited by Pleading Eyes on Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: America

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:54 pm

Posts: 151

Pleading Eyes wrote:
HAHA! It's quite possible they were both miserable because of the lack of Phoenix! Or maybe it's because Phoenix is Voldemort in AAI. Seriously, no one will say his name.


Further evidence in support of my theory! Franziska and Edgeworth are so ashamed, overwhelmed and depressed over their lost affection for the absent Phoenix that even mentioning his mere name aloud would send them spiraling into a sea of torment. Folks like Gumshoe and Larry probably have learned this the hard way (by witnessing their breakdowns after uttering the name "Phoenix" firsthand,) and that's why no one dares mention Wright.

I think I'm going to have a lot more fun imagining this scenario during my next AAI playthrough. :gant:

Pleading Eyes wrote:
So Larry gets his act together, Franziska relaxes somewhat. Franziska gets all the attention and validation she's always craved, and Larry gets his goddess to love and spoil rotten like he's always wanted. I don't think it's a step in the wrong direction at all.


I really think the basis of my OBJECTION!!! to your argument stems less from its underlying logic and more from the sheer fact that I think Larry is a terrible human being who frankly doesn't deserve a woman half as wonderful as Franny. If the underlying theme there is "the misogynistic jerk who barely knows how to treat a woman or himself and has no future career plan always wins the girl's heart," count me out!

...Then again, given that I've enjoyed Larry's kind of awful luck in my own love life, maybe I should be happy someone out there would ship someone like Larry with a woman like Franziska.

Pleading Eyes wrote:
Besides, it would drive Miles CRAZY. Both Larry and Franzy would get the biggest kick out of picking on Miles!


Hey, hey!
Psssst.
If you really just want to pair a couple to annoy Edgeworth, I know of a pairing that would send him into an even greater fury. And there's the added bonus of pairing Franny with an intelligent, charismatic and kind-hearted guy who's worthy of her wit and beauty! This pairing I'd recommend would actually really annoy Edgeworth, as opposed to just making him question Franziska's sanity!

Hint: Check out my avatar! =)
Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)Topic%20Title
User avatar

I feel violated... and crispy...

Gender: Female

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:14 pm

Posts: 325

Perseverance wrote:
I really think the basis of my OBJECTION!!! to your argument stems less from its underlying logic and more from the sheer fact that I think Larry is a terrible human being who frankly doesn't deserve a woman half as wonderful as Franny. If the underlying theme there is "the misogynistic jerk who barely knows how to treat a woman or himself and has no future career plan always wins girl's heart," count me out!


I disagree. =(

I don't think Larry's a terrible person. I think he's unmotivated and has rotten luck. And the fact that he dropped out of school after junior high might imply he didn't have a very healthy home life either, just like Franzy. But he's never been shown to be misogynistic. On the contrary, he seems to worship women. He just doesn't have good luck picking them. He's never been shown to cheat on a woman, on the contrary, they end up cheating on him. Look how surprised he was when Cindy cheated on him. It was like he couldn't even believe that was possible.

Larry isn't a bad guy. He's just a hopeless romantic who isn't very bright. But I think he has a good heart. He just wants to find his soul mate. But who doesn't?


Perseverance wrote:
Hey, hey!
Psssst.
If you really just want to pair a couple to annoy Edgeworth, I know of a pairing that would send him into an even greater fury. And there's the added bonus of pairing Franny with an intelligent, charismatic and kind-hearted guy who's worthy of her wit and beauty! This pairing I'd recommend would actually really annoy Edgeworth, as opposed to just making him question Franziska's sanity!

Hint: Check out my avatar! =)


Oh, Phoenix/Franziska is a lovely ship! I quite agree!

But Larry/Franzika will forever be my favorite. And I love how they're always together in the official art as well.

As a bonus, I imagine he really did do that Franzy's Whippity Whip book in the end. Franziska, being a perfectionist, forced him to keep working until it came out perfect. Then the book sold millions, became the next Harry Potter, and Larry became one of the richest men on the planet.

Franziska and her then spent their time being obnoxiously rich and rubbing it in people's faces.

:franny: : Why are you so happy, you foolish fool? You're the MOST imperfect person I've EVER met! There is no happiness without perfection!

:butzthumbs: : Because I get to be with you, babe! ^_^

:franny: : ...

Franziska then bragged to Edgeworth about how she finally beat him at something. You fail at love, Miles. XD

But to each their own ship. ^_^ I've dabbled in Franzy/Phoenix too. And Phoenix/Edgeworth. And Miles/Maya. I think the only two I haven't ever really been into are Edgeworth/Franziska and Phoenix/Maya, but only because they remind me too much of my brother and I.
I know who Apollo's real father is, and I have evidence...
Spriters needed for fanmade GS5! It's gonna be BIG!
Page 4 of 8 [ 290 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO