Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby

Page 1 of 1[ 29 posts ]

Why does Edgeworth carry a spare cravat?Topic%20Title

prosecuting never looked so good ;)

Ok before you all bite my head off about "It's just something edgey would do, being perfectly prepared" but it just seems odd that he would always carry a spare. for a start why? nobody would want to steal one i actually might and from the flashback case its improbable that he expected Kay to wipe her nose on it as he offered her a handkerchief which would normally suffice, i myself at school carry around two, one for me and one for anyone who needs it (although people think i'm too posh because of it)

And through looking at the design and analyzing it, it would be difficult to fix one should it be removed (though his mini-sprite shows him doing it with one hand, possibly showing that its a clip on rather than the one that unravles like the one he gives kay.)
When life gives you lemons, leave them and get a lollipop instead.

CHOO CHOO! ALL ABOARD THE HYPE EXPRESS!
Re: Why does Edgeworth carry a spare cravat?Topic%20Title

I carry spare socks so I don't think it's that far fetched really. He could easily spill food on it and if he didn't have a clean spare he'd look like a tramp and he wouldn't want to look untidy.
Imagesee how it withers before my flower of justiceImage

...Hopefully someday... xD

zachariah Von-Karma wrote:
Ok before you all bite my head off about "It's just something edgey would do, being perfectly prepared" but it just seems odd that he would always carry a spare. for a start why? nobody would want to steal one i actually might and from the flashback case its improbable that he expected Kay to wipe her nose on it as he offered her a handkerchief which would normally suffice, i myself at school carry around two, one for me and one for anyone who needs it (although people think i'm too posh because of it)

For a situations like that, i assume.
It's like an extra t-shirt or a spare tire.
You never know when you might need it, so be prepared.
That's my five cents anyway.

And through looking at the design and analyzing it, it would be difficult to fix one should it be removed (though his mini-sprite shows him doing it with one hand, possibly showing that its a clip on rather than the one that unravles like the one he gives kay.)

He's Edgeworth.
He is capable of doing it with one hand.
'nuf said. :think:
ImageImageImageImage

Ha! fair play, but i've got a cravat the same as Edgey's (needed it for a play we did)
and even though i wear it to every fancy occasion i still cannot work out how he would do it with one hand. it takes me at least 3 mins to do it with two hands, thats why i say it was a clip on. (that and it was already in its 3-tiered form rather than its undone form that kay shows.

Gettin' Old!

Just in case he gets it dirty?

While eating unless he removes it it would essentially function like a napkin and you don't keep wearing a dirty napkin around your neck.

Also he has one for the lols
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

On that token then its likely that Von Karma and Franzisca both carry a spare aswell. The thought of Manfred carrying around a frilly cravat in his jacket pocket is priceless.

Edgeworth likely carries it in his pocket too, although not seen he could equally have had it in his satchel (mentioned in T&T) like he did with Valerie's scarf.

Can't someone carry around a spare cravat, and not have their motives questioned????? :grey:

Grammar Police

Probably because kids are just so darn attracted to it.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviewsImage

(Sp)ace Detective

Once, during a D&D LARP, an enemy rogue cut off Edgeworth's cravat with a called shot. The resulting loss of the +15 Intelligence item resulted in a series of events that lead to the death of his entire party and a severe beating from Manfred von Karma.

He would never make the same mistake again.
Read my fic(s)!
Friedrich Nietzsche wrote:
We have no dreams at all or interesting ones. We should learn to be awake the same way — not at all or in an interesting manner.

The Ace Attorney's Magical Daughter

Maybe it's an expression of his perfecionism during this time?

His cravat always has to look stainless, like a VK record (should look), so he has spares in order to switch it should ANY kind of stain sully it. :karma:

...Because I felt the need to advertise my fanfic with a self-drawn, animated banner. Yes, I'm obsessed, why do you ask?

Neni wrote:

His cravat always has to look stainless, like a VK record (should look), so he has spares in order to switch it should ANY kind of stain sully it. :karma:

!LIKE!

Story writer and music lover.

Neni wrote:

Looks like we've got a winner here.
--Millini (Official CR Rock Prince and Gavinism convert.)

:)

He's awesome like that.

Beautiful flower

Pierre wrote:
Just in case he gets it dirty?

While eating unless he removes it it would essentially function like a napkin and you don't keep wearing a dirty napkin around your neck.

Also he has one for the lols

So it IS a napki- :gun:
I'm most active on my tumblr.
Visit my Sprite edit thread

The Twisted Samurai

So that little girls can sneeze into it, when their father was killed, obviously.
"The hammer that strikes too fast has no time to aim."

Shut up woman, get on my horse

Because Manfred makes a habit of spitting on Edgeworth's cravats to assert his dominance.

Mystery Buster

Who says he's only carrying two? I bet he's got hundreds of them hidden in his Organizer.
:gumshoe:
Just Gumshoe

zydrate comes in a little glass vial~

hey i bet he keeps another 10 or so on his back seat for emergencies...
you never know what might happen :think:

who made that smell?

maybe, after edgeworths dad was killed, manfred offered him hanie to dry his tears on. edgeworth was so upset, he did exactly the same thing as Kay. seeing the look of embaressment on Manfred's face, because he had to wear a dirty cravat, he vowed to never be embaeressed like that again, so he started carriying a spare cravat :think:
I'm climbing the STEP-LADDER of success!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=si_PcOFEze4

my friend fyn's minecraft series: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZW0sfyrzZlY

Gettin' Old!

morg11 wrote:
maybe, after edgeworths dad was killed, manfred offered him hanie to dry his tears on. edgeworth was so upset, he did exactly the same thing as Kay. seeing the look of embaressment on Manfred's face, because he had to wear a dirty cravat, he vowed to never be embaeressed like that again, so he started carriying a spare cravat :think:

I think.....this is the best explanation yet. Manfred would after all have to put on a 'front' of caring for Edgeworth after his fathers death if he wanted to adopt him. Though part of me thinks Manfred would have exercised his cane upside Edgeworth's head for that.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

The cape is self-fluttering

Pierre wrote:
morg11 wrote:

I think.....this is the best explanation yet. Manfred would after all have to put on a 'front' of caring for Edgeworth after his fathers death if he wanted to adopt him. Though part of me thinks Manfred would have exercised his cane upside Edgeworth's head for that.

Eh, somehow I don't see Manny showing that level of daddy-comfort to Edgeworth. I could see him putting on a front, as in focusing all his attention as a 'mentor' to Edgeworth, but not so much giving him a hankie for his tears. I think he'd be more the type to discourage showing such weakness.

But still an amusing thought.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Gettin' Old!

Adrian in black wrote:
Pierre wrote:
morg11 wrote:

Eh, somehow I don't see Manny showing that level of daddy-comfort to Edgeworth. I could see him putting on a front, as in focusing all his attention as a 'mentor' to Edgeworth, but not so much giving him a hankie for his tears. I think he'd be more the type to discourage showing such weakness.

Ok so fine lets say he would berate the boy, he would still need to appear kindly enough to kidworth to be able to adopt him, say he shows up, doesn't offer him a hankerchief but says he understands how things are difficult right now and offers to train Kidworth to avenge his father by one day putting the culprit behind bars. Kidworth still sensitive from his fathers death bursts into tears at the reminder and buries his face in Karma's cravat, seeking a hug. Karma berates the boy and swaps out his cravat for another remarking "Let this be the first lesson, perfection begins with appearance! Do not show such weakness again and always be prepared to look your best!"

Wham! Explanation.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:

But still an amusing thought.[/quote]

Ok so fine lets say he would berate the boy, he would still need to appear kindly enough to kidworth to be able to adopt him, say he shows up, doesn't offer him a hankerchief but says he understands how things are difficult right now and offers to train Kidworth to avenge his father by one day putting the culprit behind bars. Kidworth still sensitive from his fathers death bursts into tears at the reminder and buries his face in Karma's cravat, seeking a hug. Karma berates the boy and swaps out his cravat for another remarking "Let this be the first lesson, perfection begins with appearance! Do not show such weakness again and always be prepared to look your best!"

Wham! Explanation.[/quote]
BEST! EXPLANATION! EVAH!
i think we've found a winner for why Edgeworth carries a spare cravat :garyuu:
Although it still shows Karma's sadistic cruelty in suggesting he hints at finding his father's killer when he's standing RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM! poor kidworth (awesome name)

Also love the "Though part of me thinks Manfred would have exercised his cane upside Edgeworth's head for that."
apart from the official art and GK minisprite we never saw him use it :sadshoe:

What an odd topic. My question is, who doesn't carry a spare cravat?
The reason for my eagerness is my want to pursue the truth, and my want to believe in the strength of those who use the power of the law for good. As someone who has chosen to live my life as a prosecutor... that is my new creed.

Logic Chess wrote:
What an odd topic. My question is, who doesn't carry a spare cravat?

That question is indeed flawed, seeing as people do not all have fixed incomes, lots of money, or a wealthy background to warrant a necessity for an outfit that compliments a cravat. Also, you forget that people who do not posess the sheer elegance,grace and dignity to wear a cravat would look foolish in wearing one as it woul not suit them, therefore destroying the strive for perfection. So :takethat:

people who do not need a cravat do not carry a cravat let alone a spare :haykitten:

even though i actually have one with a suit i own :garyuu:

who made that smell?

Pierre wrote:

Wham! Explanation.[/quote]
BEST! EXPLANATION! EVAH!
i think we've found a winner for why Edgeworth carries a spare cravat :garyuu:
Although it still shows Karma's sadistic cruelty in suggesting he hints at finding his father's killer when he's standing RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM! poor kidworth (awesome name)

Also love the "Though part of me thinks Manfred would have exercised his cane upside Edgeworth's head for that."
apart from the official art and GK minisprite we never saw him use it :sadshoe:[/quote]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hmmm, it seems that my post has finally shown us the truth. fantastic, maybe i'll have some tea, oh no, i spilled some milk on my cravat, and i don't have another one, now what will draw the attention away from my pink jacket! if only i had a spare cravat!

explained it with tea, AND edgeworth's jacket
I'm climbing the STEP-LADDER of success!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=si_PcOFEze4

my friend fyn's minecraft series: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZW0sfyrzZlY

My favorite Godot blend is all of them.

That is quite the knowledge of cravats you have there. Me being a pig American I too know it as "the English stuffy thing."

FOR ME, I saw it less as a preparedness thing and more as a vanity thing. He couldn't bear having a tarnished cravat for more than a few seconds! And he can't be without a cravat...that would just be unprofessional! :edgeworth:
"...!
You dare to insult the courts!?"
Edgeworth is such a friggin' geek, I lost it

Super High-School Level Galaxy Defender

Seriously guys, it's Young Edgeworth, still obssessed with perfection. He probably did things like masturbate that could speck his precious cravat (you'd have to be a huge fan of those to use them on a daily bases like he does) and decided it was fine to carry another one and spare him of a possible moment of utter ugly dirtiness(!!!!!!!!).

I don't know if the "nowadays" Edgeworth carries a spare cravat, though.

Mrs. Jeon Jungkook ♥

Maybe he has pink ones too- :gun:

The question is, why does he carry a spare cravat?

.. I have to think about an answer as soon as possible. :payne:

Edit:

I got it. He is obsessed in cravats, that's why he has a stack of them. And he even has a cravat-house.
My mind is fucked up, I know.

The beginning was quite fun, just with all the ups and downs
But suddenly, we’re tired, from a waste of meaningless emotions

시작은 뭐 즐거웠었네 오르락내리락 그 자체로 어느새 서로 지쳐버렸네 의미 없는 감정소모에

Trivia 轉 : Seesaw
Page 1 of 1 [ 29 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby