Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby

Page 2 of 2[ 53 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Re: Should Ema have taken Kay's place?Topic%20Title

Tea time.

It's also worth noting how the writing process of this possibly went. Think about it, you're working on a spin off project where it would believably take place after T&T but before Apollo Justice, and the creator is not involved in this, so you have to keep in mind not to go over board where It can contradict or create conflict with future events especially with characters whom we are already familiar with, like Ema. This is just a theory but I believe at this time it was still possible or tentative for Takumi to write and be involved in AA5, so one is to assume the writers did not want to step on Takumi's toes, unless they were given the green light, which eventually happened since he was too busy with PL Vs AA.

So what does this mean? It means, it was shaky ground using Ema either way, her story was done and expanded upon already, so the AAI team decided to make Edgeworth have his own original assistant, this really helps within the writing because they way more freedom with the character. I personally was fond of her (as you can tell I'm sure hurr durr), hell I don't even think she had enough time to shine in the game but that's just me, I don't get the whole Gumshoe would've been able to fill the gap thing, I think there was plenty of ol' Gumshoe to go around, we even got some nice rebuttals against him, he's in 1st place for assistant time 2nd being Franziska and Kay is either dead last or barely on par with Franziska. I completely agree when folks mention she was underused, but I don't think Kay had no role, she was still pivotal to the story and to Edgeworth's aid in the final case.

The video game boy; the one who wins

I'd rather have Kay than Ema as the AAI-assistant, but in my opinion Edgey didn't need a cheery teenage assistant at all besides Gumshoe (not that he is a cheery teenager, but as an assistant).
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

You guys assume that a teenage girl must be "assisting" the protagonist every fucking time.

Ema or Kay? Neither.

[Whip the cream!]

GoingforMiles wrote:
I'd rather have Kay than Ema as the AAI-assistant, but in my opinion Edgey didn't need a cheery teenage assistant at all besides Gumshoe (not that he is a cheery teenager, but as an assistant).

This.

And if they need a young, cheery assistant on all occasions, why not a boy for once?
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

Logic ~ The Way To The Truth

Definitely. I would want nothing better.
ImageImageImage

Get away from my Miles, you old windbag!

Art Person

WaitingforGodot wrote:
GoingforMiles wrote:

This.

And if they need a young, cheery assistant on all occasions, why not a boy for once?

A male assistant would be a breath of fresh air. I haven't played GK2, but I did like how Shigaraki (Ray) was picked as Greg's sidekick.

SuperAj3 wrote:
WaitingforGodot wrote:
GoingforMiles wrote:

This.

A male assistant would be a breath of fresh air. I haven't played GK2, but I did like how Shigaraki (Ray) was picked as Greg's sidekick.

I love Young Shigaraki. He was great (for the half case he was in).

Old Shigaraki was very boring...(besides Case 3)

[Whip the cream!]

SuperAj3 wrote:
WaitingforGodot wrote:
GoingforMiles wrote:

This.

Ah, yes, exactly! I really look forward to see Shigaraki 'in action', so to speak.

+1-ing on all that. Young Shigaraki is awesome and the fact that we had a teenage boy instead of a teenage girl in itself made his assistantness (I know, but I thought i had a nice ring to it) feel fresh. (Aside from the fact that he was there as Gregory's apprentice and didn't hang around just for hanging around.)

[Whip the cream!]

GoingforMiles wrote:
+1-ing on all that. Young Shigaraki is awesome and the fact that we had a teenage boy instead of a teenage girl in itself made his assistantness (I know, but I thought i had a nice ring to it) feel fresh. (Aside from the fact that he was there as Gregory's apprentice and didn't hang around just for hanging around.)

You had some mixed feelings about older Shigaraki, right, but still liked him? Do you think he's (edge)worthy as his older self as well? (Does he work with Miles or is he just... hanging around?)

Yes I had, but I ended up liking him even though I'm aware of his more annoying sounds (Sounds?! I meant sides!). But hey, everyone has bad sides, his I can tolerate :phoenix: It's rather the opposite; Edgeworth is hanging around him as his "assistant" just to be able to sneak around. Then I guess he hangs around a little from the player's point of view, but he's still involved in things as a lawyer, so it's more of them helping each other solving stuff.

[Whip the cream!]

GoingforMiles wrote:
Yes I had, but I ended up liking him even though I'm aware of his more annoying sounds (Sounds?! I meant sides!). But hey, everyone has bad sides, his I can tolerate :phoenix: It's rather the opposite; Edgeworth is hanging around him as his "assistant" just to be able to sneak around. Then I guess he hangs around a little from the player's point of view, but he's still involved in things as a lawyer, so it's more of them helping each other solving stuff.

Hahaha, now I'm imagining him walking around making all kinds of atrocious noises!

Oh! That makes sense, now I'm looking forward to "meeting" him even more! (Despite the annoying sounds!)

Mrs. Jeon Jungkook ♥

Well it depends. Kay is fitting for this place better than Ema because she kind of has some experimence in assisting Miles and Ema only would be this teenage fangirl which is hopping around the poor prosecutor while giggling awkwardly.

Okay, no let's scratch that. But still.. Kay over Ema.

The beginning was quite fun, just with all the ups and downs
But suddenly, we’re tired, from a waste of meaningless emotions

시작은 뭐 즐거웠었네 오르락내리락 그 자체로 어느새 서로 지쳐버렸네 의미 없는 감정소모에

Trivia 轉 : Seesaw
Page 2 of 2 [ 53 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby