Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby

Page 1 of 1[ 27 posts ]

What if Kay Faraday WAS the Villain?Topic%20Title

Winter Flag Trademark

My Mind didn't let me go to rest till I asked the question to the court... Anyway, what If that "Key Lady" everyone is talking about was a... Villain? :beef:

Thoughts, anyone? :apollo:

Abseloutely NO April Fool's Joke. :texasman:

This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.

Last edited by Mayu Igiyooki on Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: What if Kay Faraday WAS the Villain?Topic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

"The Great Thief of Truth" does sound like a perfect title for a villain of Edgeworth.

I just don't see how you mean to use this?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

The video game boy; the one who wins

I'd very much like that, since that's one kind of twist they haven't done before. Also, it would probably please those who think Kay's role was unnecessary and/or that she was too similar to previous assistents.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

Winter Flag Trademark

I despise thieves... I don't care if she's some sort of truth burglar or a bank robberer, a thief is a thief and they DESERVE to be Punished!! :tigre:

Especially the key on her hair? It's Ridiculous. Who knows, maybe she is gonna use it to unlock the great money vault later and steal millions of dollars?? :nick:

Also the multimedia projector she calls Little Thief. She may probably just steal the bank data later and plan for a great bank robery? Oh, and once she said that if she goes to jail, she'll escape prison, Which also counts as a crime.

Crime after Crime. Didn't this girl already got the Villain Ranking? I think the amnesiac Kay Faraday was A LOT better than "that" one. :simon:

Last edited by Mayu Igiyooki on Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gettin' Old!

Going for Miles wrote:
I'd very much like that, since that's one kind of twist they haven't done before. Also, it would probably please those who think Kay's role was unnecessary and/or that she was too similar to previous assistents.

Nah she's too invested now. You can't have someone for two games be the bestest buddy and pull them out of the pit so many times only to have them turn around and reveal it was just one massive long con to gain Edgeworth's trust.

That's just too out of character, fans would call it cheap and unwarranted.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

The video game boy; the one who wins

Pierre wrote:
Going for Miles wrote:

Nah she's too invested now. You can't have someone for two games be the bestest buddy and pull them out of the pit so many times only to have them turn around and reveal it was just one massive long con to gain Edgeworth's trust.

No, I meant if it would've already happened in the game.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

[Whip the cream!]

Hmm! Interesting! I think I'd like that, actually.
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Then maybe Ace Prosecutor's final confrontation wouldn't have lasted so long...
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

Then people would have hated the game even more,since the game's plot was basically about the smuggling ring and for someone her age to be the leader of something like that would have been ridiculous.And if you are talking about AAI2,it wouldn't have worked because of spoiler reasons.
Signature loading, please wait...

Winter Flag Trademark

1. dullahan1, What does Kay Faraday had to do with the final confrontation between Miles and Quercus?

2. cesar, What do you mean by that statement? Why would people hates AAI now and why would they hate it even more if Kay were a villain on AAI?

-This is Ace Pointer, over and out.

But then poor Edgeworth would be stuck back at 0 to 5 for female teenaged assistants! Now we can't have that now can we? :-P

Winter Flag Trademark

Silverbelle wrote:
But then poor Edgeworth would be stuck back at 0 to 5 for female teenaged assistants! Now we can't have that now can we? :-P

Ema Skye will fill the blank of Female Teenage Assistants and also her dream to be Edgey's Assistant will be fulfilled, since both (maybe?) like each other. :scientific:

Tee hee. Me and my "wild" fantasies. :sillytrucy:

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Ace Pointer wrote:
1. dullahan1, What does Kay Faraday had to do with the final confrontation between Miles and Quercus?

2. cesar, What do you mean by that statement? Why would people hates AAI now and why would they hate it even more if Kay were a villain on AAI?

She doesn't. I'm just saying if she was the main villain of ace prosecutor in the last case rather than Quercus I'm sure the confrontation with her would have been shorter because we wouldn't have had to deal with the diplomatic immunity bull the case threw out.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

Winter Flag Trademark

dullahan1 wrote:
Ace Pointer wrote:

She doesn't. I'm just saying if she was the main villain of ace prosecutor in the last case rather than Quercus I'm sure the confrontation with her would have been shorter because we wouldn't have had to deal with the diplomatic immunity bull the case threw out.

...Oh. So that is what you are talking about... :lana: But what if she was a secondary/minor villain? :ron:

:)

I would have been mortified!

Y'know

Pierre wrote:

It would not have to be a ploy at all - she could have accidentally murdered someone during one of her Great Thief missions and then tried to cover it up throughout the case - she would not have felt any different about Edgeworth or Gumshoe than she does canonically, but she still could have actively used her role in the investigation to hide the truth, leave false leads and evidence, in an attempt to prevent them from knowing what she's done - it could be quite an interesting concept.

I'm still hoping that GK3 will have this kind of twist in its final case - it would wrap up the Investigations trilogy really nicely and actually make Kay something more than just its mascot, really.

Nearavex wrote:
Pierre wrote:

It would not have to be a ploy at all - she could have accidentally murdered someone during one of her Great Thief missions and then tried to cover it up throughout the case - she would not have felt any different about Edgeworth or Gumshoe than she does canonically, but she still could have actively used her role in the investigation to hide the truth, leave false leads and evidence, in an attempt to prevent them from knowing what she's done - it could be quite an interesting concept.

I'm still hoping that GK3 will have this kind of twist in its final case - it would wrap up the Investigations trilogy really nicely and actually make Kay something more than just its mascot, really.

With the way Kay talked about life as "The one thing you should never steal." and how it's too heavy a burden for a soul to carry. I can't really see her hiding that kind of secret without unbearable guilt leading to a confession.

Y'know

Actually, that's why I feel it has so much potential - she would feel terrible deceiving them, but would also be forced to keep up the act by her own fear - given this kind of pressure, it would be only right to see some hints in her behavior, but they would be preferably the kind of hints that one won't recognize immediately.

Problem lies in something else - how to make the last case with this kind of twist feel like a 'proper' ending. Usually, the final case usually features taking down a major villain, after all...

Gettin' Old!

Nearavex wrote:
Actually, that's why I feel it has so much potential - she would feel terrible deceiving them, but would also be forced to keep up the act by her own fear - given this kind of pressure, it would be only right to see some hints in her behavior, but they would be preferably the kind of hints that one won't recognize immediately.

Problem lies in something else - how to make the last case with this kind of twist feel like a 'proper' ending. Usually, the final case usually features taking down a major villain, after all...

Badd slams her to the ground cuffs her and throws her in jail ruining her life for the next 20-odd years. She's in tears. Edgeworth looks on mercilessly, he has no tolerance for criminals who betray his trust, as the car drives away.

She gets a cameo in the Prison case in AAI2 where she's clearly broken beyond all repair.

Even if it was a believable outcome where she killed someone in one of her heists (which she still wouldn't, I could see a non-lethal arsenal of smoke bombs, tasers and blackjacks being employed) it leaves such an awful taste in the player's mouth it's not something worth doing.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Y'know

There's nothing wrong with sad endings, although that one does seem strange. I feel like this problem could be solved by having a second, 'hidden' murder in the same chapter - one that they didn't know about, until all the events of the first crime came to light - that would give us a proper villain, give some meaning behind Kay's sacrifice, since as long as the truth would remain hidden, the final villain of that case would walk free. Edgeworth wouldn't be merciless towards her, but thankful that she eventually told the truth, which would probably make Kay feel less broken - so that is one way to do it. One could only hope that the sentence for an accidental murder and attempting to hide it wouldn't be that long. Probably would take a few years, but maybe not twenty? Adrian's sentence was no longer than a few months and Sal was free two years later, after all.

Last edited by Nearavex on Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gettin' Old!

Nearavex wrote:
There's nothing wrong with sad endings, although that one does seem strange. I feel like this problem could be solved by having a second, 'hidden' murder in the same chapter - one that they didn't know about, until the all events of the first crime came to light - that would give us a proper villain, give some meaning behind Kay's sacrifice, since as long as the truth would remain hidden, the final villain of that case would walk free. Edgeworth wouldn't be merciless towards her, but thankful that she eventually told the truth, which would probably make Kay feel less broken - so that is one way to do it. One could only hope that the sentence for an accidental murder and attempting to hide it wouldn't be that long. Probably would take a few years, but maybe not twenty? Adrian's sentence was no longer than a few months and Sal was free two years later, after all.

You'd need to have someone who could prove it was an accident though.

Also this is on a case that Edgeworth has already been working on where Kay is actively covering up the evidence as they go.
I reckon there'd be quite the hurt and betrayal involved.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Y'know

Well, I can only imagine that Kay wouldn't want to pin the blame on anyone, but rather leave empty trails, meant to suggest that it was either no one's fault (for example, the victim committed suicide), or that the culprit cannot be found, as it could be anyone, so the extent of that betrayal wouldn't be as bad as it could have been.

Gardevoir lover

...After reading this idea, i'd actually be on board with it if it was handled well, it seems like an interesting idea.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Ace Pointer wrote:

As I already said,the plot of AAI would not have really worked with her as a villain because it would have been to unrealistic,the villain was supposed to be a powerful and influential criminal,and she was just a teenager.
Signature loading, please wait...

Nearavex wrote:
Well, I can only imagine that Kay wouldn't want to pin the blame on anyone, but rather leave empty trails, meant to suggest that it was either no one's fault (for example, the victim committed suicide), or that the culprit cannot be found, as it could be anyone, so the extent of that betrayal wouldn't be as bad as it could have been.

Well, it just occured to me.
Spoiler: GK1
Cammy Meele
already kinda was that. She wasn't someone who killed maliciously
and she hid her trails (albeit still blaming someone) and then took the role as the assistant and mislead you to believe it wasn't her.

Not the same exact thing. But still similar enough that I don't think the writers would want to repeat it in the same game, presuming this Kay matter would transpire in the 1st game.

They did break this re-done plot though before in the same game
Spoiler: JFA
Ini Miney & Matt Engarde, both fake dunces. that's why they couldn't have Regina as a killer. That'd be 3 dunces in a row. That'd just be craaazy! ...right? :knock-knock:

Grnk! (This disturbs me greatly!)

We can simply solve this by making Kay a sympathetic villain, like [Redacted] or [Data Expunged]!

Grnk! (This disturbs me greatly!)

Here, let me say an example. In GK3, let's say that there is a villain who controls everything without getting his hands dirty, sort of like [REDACTED] and [REDACTED], buy the big plot twist is that he's revealed to be the victim in the last case. The final confrontation would be you having to prove that Kay did it in self-defense.
Page 1 of 1 [ 27 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby