Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Borscht Bowl Club

Page 5 of 5[ 174 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Re: Learn an Instrument, Start a Band, Play Your Sorrows Away...Topic%20Title

Call me Ishmael.

I've been lazy with the bass recently. I just don't feel motivated to play anymore. :(
Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247

Bam! Wait. That's a fish?!

Hrm... I'm ugh... doing a summer ensemble, and the pieces are going to kill me. White Rose March is seriously scaring me.
[Signature in construction until I make a new one]
I'm back, mate! Still lurking like a ninja but whatevs :3

1000% Knight

Dawn wrote:
Hrm... I'm ugh... doing a summer ensemble, and the pieces are going to kill me. White Rose March is seriously scaring me.

What instrument? (And if you're doing Sousa, at least you don't need to do the picc solo in Stars & Stripes Forever xD)
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Clarinet, and Stars and Stripes is okay. Compared with my version of the Stars and Stripes Forever, it's a cakewalk compared to the White Rose. I mean seriously?! It goes into a register I don't even know!

Two years ago I bought a violin and said that I would learn to play it and join the local orchestra.
A year passed and the Violin had not been picked up since the day it was bought.
Then one day I decided that I wouldn't let it go to waste so I picked it up and headed straight to the local academy of music and enrolled.
And now here I am I can actually play a violin well. Last week I played Nearer my god to thee perfectly (That was the song that inspired me to buy the violin in the first place Incidently) It was the first time I ever managed to play it in full and without error.
In a few days from now auditions will start for a place in the Orchestra if I get in ill be playing things like Fledermaus Overture in front of crowds of up to 100 people.
Well just wanted to leave that with you and to anyone who wants to play an instrument I say keep at it even though it's hard at first. Keep playing and some day you will be really good there is nobody out there who is naturally crap at anything it's just practice!!!
Nothing.

:D My violin's collecting dust as it is now, compared to my clarinet, which is um... enrolled in a wind ensemble. It's pretty awesome to play with other people, innit?

Going fangirl over Larry Butz

I play guitar, it's the greatest instrument ever ~ Hehe I'm self-taught :) :franny: I cover a lot of Bon Jovi songs, but I haven't got around to making any more videos lately :payne:

I also play bass, which is pretty simple to just pick up and learn. I might be playing bass in a band with some guys I know :minuki:

For school band I play flute, it is really easy to play, so band class is relatively simple, though some sheet music can be difficult at first.

On piano I just mess around, I don't bother to look up any chords or anything :payne:

I curse my violin. -.- So stinking hard to tune as is, without fine-tuners. And since I got moved up in my orchestra for violin, I have to play Zadok the Priest by Handel.

I. HATE. THIRD. POSITION.

Going fangirl over Larry Butz

Wow, this thread really is dead >> I actually have a request that relates to the topic :hobohodo:

Okay, so is anybody willing to start a band with a girl guitarist? I occasionally do backing vocals :shoe: I've been playing for 2 years, and my music style is rock and punk music like Rise Against, The Ramones, Three Days Grace, etc. If anybody is interested PM me :redd:

That aside, I have picked up drums recently. It's really fun and not hard to learn :kyouya:

I have been playing guitar on and off for about 2 years now.. but I haven't really had the time or motivation to sit down and actually learn the basics. I usually just find a song I want to play and try to play it untill I get a somewhat decent result.

Right now I am trying to play "Love is a Laserquest" by Arctic Monkeys and "Piledriver Waltz" from Alex Turner. The result is.. as I said - decent.
Latest game update: 25/03/11
If anyone is interested in helping me with the script, please PM me.
UPDATE: Case 2 preview: http://www.4shared.com/video/JAKBIUPG/AAJAD2.html

I'm bad at puzzle solving..

I play baritone horn (think euphonium) and am only part of my school's brass band, which consists of a few members and our brass teacher. I've only been playing for a few months but I've already caught up with people who have been playing longer than me.

(It's strange - there's only one girl who plays cornet and one boy who plays horn. Most of us girls play horns, while most of the boys play trumpets/cornets. Lucky boys. They don't have to lug heavy instrument cases around all the time.)
Professor Layton & The Lost Future. Best game ever.

I live everywhere and nowhere, usually as Kumori. My YouTube is 'WoodULikeSumCatFood', shamelessly ripped from a friend of mine.
Re: Learn an Instrument, Start a Band, Play Your Sorrows AwaTopic%20Title

They took some honey, from a tree...

I've been playing the Electric Guitar for about a good year now, and I've been trying to learn a couple of The Beatles' early rockers; such as Roll Over Beethoven and I Saw Her Standing There. Thankfully, I've found quite a few videos which help show how the Fab Four played the song...but a lot of fills are still things I have to pick up on myself.

In a stark contrast to Liverpudlian Rock, I also recently learned a track from a favourite VN of mine; "To The World Of Dreams" from Yume Miru Kusuri. I was brave enough to record my performance and share it with the world. Quite pleased with the tone I managed to coax out of my Sonic Blue Stratocaster...

huehue

Colonel Olrik wrote:
I was brave enough to record my performance and share it with the world. Quite pleased with the tone I managed to coax out of my Sonic Blue Stratocaster...

You are playing very well! I love to watch videos of covers, it really motivates me.

I've been playing the bass for a year, but I kinda got stuck. I'm not that good of a player, but I just can't improve more. Learn to play an instrument alone is challenging and hard, I'll need to get someone's help. lol

Psychotic Musician

I play trumpet and I'm teaching myself piano. I'm probably going to try to teach myself guitar soon, too. It's kind of nice considering the fact that we have both instruments at our house, but I'm hoping to someday learn how to do drums (a dream I've had all my life), baritone, tuba, and ocarina. :D

Signature done by Panda Prinzessin :)
Page 5 of 5 [ 174 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Borscht Bowl Club