Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Borscht Bowl Club

Page 1 of 13[ 490 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 


Videogame MusicTopic%20Title
User avatar

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Gender: Male

Location: Connecticut

Rank: Admin

Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:36 pm

Posts: 3449

Considering this is a videogame forum, I'm curious how much of your music library is littered with Soundtracks, Rips, and Remixes and how you compare VG music to 'real' music. Or even more so, other then the fact that Videogame music is designed to loop and in general have a consistent mood, can it really be considered a genre? From the simple synthesized original Mario Brothers on the NES to the Orchestrated Mario Galaxy, there's little to compare.
Image
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump
Re: Videogame MusicTopic%20Title
User avatar

NOW TAKE IT TO THE LAUNCH PAD!

Gender: Female

Location: UK

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:40 pm

Posts: 630

If I gotta be honest, I prefer VG music over a lot of music. I'm just awesome like that. >:D

Anyway, I think it's just that VG music has a lot of charm to it, that draws you to it, and fits with a certain level, moment, etc...they also do that with films and tv, course. That or VG music just seems better then RL music. I dunno, I think it's just personal taste. I for example prefer instrumental music to songs with lyrics...just, but I do. And most VG music is instrumental.

VG music can be anything; that's what sets it apart. It can be something we commonly know (The Mario theme) be composed of various sounds (Jet Set Radio) or just be a certain style of music (like how TWEWY is pretty much Japanese Pop, or how Little King's Story is more classical.)

Here's three examples of VG music that I think suit what I'm trying to say quite well.

The Reporter From Space Channel 5 (Space Channel 5)
16 Melodies (Remix from Mother 3+ album) (Mother 3)
Donkey Kong Country Main Theme (Donkey Kong Country)

I tried to pick from a variety of generations to also give an idea of VG music in all it's forms, and I felt these three represent that very well.
Image
Art by the talented Vickinator, thank you! ^_^
Re: Videogame MusicTopic%20Title
User avatar

i feel pretty

Gender: Male

Location: Milton Keynes, England

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:50 pm

Posts: 5388

I must say, I was in Eruyt Village on FFXII yesterday, and the BGM was noticeably fantastic.
Re: Videogame MusicTopic%20Title
User avatar

Dahlia x Kristoph supporter.

Gender: None specified

Location: Missouri, USA

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:23 am

Posts: 1696

the only VGM i have on my iPod is the Gyakuten Saiban OST, the Magical Trick Society remixes, a few tracks of the orchestra album, one from the jazz album, and the spanish guitar remix of "Pressing Pursuit ~ Cornered"
Image
Sig by me.

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOWAKANA.
Re: Videogame MusicTopic%20Title
User avatar

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Gender: Male

Location: IN SPACE!

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:06 pm

Posts: 6652

All I have is Video Game music on my iTunes as I just like plain soundtracks when I go walking or biking. When I want to sing along, then I'll listen to other stuff on the radio.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)


I feel the same
Re: Videogame MusicTopic%20Title
User avatar

For realzies?

Gender: Male

Location: Somewhere you're not

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:07 am

Posts: 3373

So far these is the only VG tracks i have on my computer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGcyKEZtWuE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBImbBE8HJE (only got it to make this video)
Re: Videogame MusicTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:42 pm

Posts: 938

Game music topics devoid of any mention of Katamari Damacy are hardly game music topics at all.

So, Katamari Damacy.
Re: Videogame MusicTopic%20Title
User avatar

Call me Ishmael.

Gender: Male

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:16 pm

Posts: 2434

I love Enter The Jaws Theme's GSAP remixes. They're just that awesome. His Final Lullaby project is quite good as well.

I have some other VG songs on my iPod too. Most of them are from OCremix.

Oh, and... I'll just leave this here.
Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247
Re: Videogame MusicTopic%20Title
User avatar

seems interesting!

Gender: None specified

Location: Oklahoma

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:01 am

Posts: 1575

Pickens wrote:
Game music topics devoid of any mention of Katamari Damacy are hardly game music topics at all.

So, Katamari Damacy.
"Katamari Damacy" is a really weird way to spell Chrono Cross.
Image


Last edited by zuddy on Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Videogame MusicTopic%20Title
User avatar

ケーキたん(仮)

Gender: None specified

Location: Fukuoka, Japan

Rank: Scanlator

Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:40 am

Posts: 1383

zuddy wrote:
Pickens wrote:
Game music topics devoid of any mention of Katamari Damacy are hardly game music topics at all.

So, Katamari Damacy.
"Katamary Damacy" is a really weird way to spell Chrono Cross.





.....man, I laughed.

But it's true.
Re: Videogame MusicTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:42 pm

Posts: 938

zuddy wrote:
Pickens wrote:
Game music topics devoid of any mention of Katamari Damacy are hardly game music topics at all.

So, Katamari Damacy.
"Katamari Damacy" is a really weird way to spell Chrono Cross.

Shut up you with your Yasunori Mitsuda and your celtic music.
Re: Videogame MusicTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Location: Beaverditch

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 8:16 am

Posts: 862

Yeah, I love Katamari Damacy's music!! :will:

Well, my iTunes library has some GS songs(Magical Trick Society remixes, orchestra version of Godot's theme, and some songs from the game, mostly the Reminiscence songs.), and I think that's it as far as video game music. I'm still trying to find some of the Black Mages albums, those remixes are amazing.
Image
Re: Videogame MusicTopic%20Title
User avatar

My name is Judge.

Gender: Male

Location: Just Outside Your Peripherals

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:47 pm

Posts: 1608

Really, any music by Level 5 is just flat out awesome, two examples:

Dark Cloud 2

Professor Layton
Re: Videogame MusicTopic%20Title
User avatar

Cheeky Monkey

Gender: Male

Location: The gloomiest place on earth (i.e. the UK)

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:34 pm

Posts: 2239

I'd say that about 95-98% of the 600+ tracks on my iPod is videogame music, mostly due to the fact that the music charts always seem to be full of rubbish (mainly ex-reality TV stars and boy bands who've decided to reform for whatever reason). In fact, I haven't heard a new song that I've liked since 2006!
Image

Mmmm... bananas!
Re: Videogame MusicTopic%20Title
User avatar

Moving on up!

Gender: Female

Location: USA

Rank: Donor

Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:22 pm

Posts: 5333

It always annoyed me that video game soundtracks weren't widely available in the west (especially during the SNES era). I love the Chrono Trigger soundtrack, especially Frog's Theme.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caRKvQAyU7M
Image
Thanks to Blinq for the awesome sig. Click the sig, see my stuff.
Edgeworth/Maya Community. A friends, as lovers, as part of OT3s. All Welcome.
"Yeah, I wouldn't go asking random guys if you can lick their penor." crouton December 2009
Re: Videogame MusicTopic%20Title
User avatar

seems interesting!

Gender: None specified

Location: Oklahoma

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:01 am

Posts: 1575

NinjaMonkey wrote:
I'd say that about 95-98% of the 600+ tracks on my iPod is videogame music, mostly due to the fact that the music charts always seem to be full of rubbish (mainly ex-reality TV stars and boy bands who've decided to reform for whatever reason). In fact, I haven't heard a new song that I've liked since 2006!

The easy and obvious answer is stop listening to chart music.
Image
Re: Videogame MusicTopic%20Title
User avatar

Dahlia x Kristoph supporter.

Gender: None specified

Location: Missouri, USA

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:23 am

Posts: 1696

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEbE3fGfF-o

...would this be concidered video game music? :yogi:
Image
Sig by me.

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOWAKANA.
Re: Videogame MusicTopic%20Title
User avatar

My OTP of OTP's. <3

Gender: Female

Location: Charlotte, NC

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:26 am

Posts: 9207

Well, let's see here...

I've got all of the Gyakuten Saiban soundtracks as well as Orchestra and Jazz CD's.

All of the Xenosaga soundtracks from games I through III.

The Skies of Arcadia (Eternal Arcadia) soundtrack.

The Para Para Paradise soundtrack.

And um... that's it. ^_^;;
Thanks to .•°٭blinq٭°•. for the lovely sig. ♥
Image
"Note to Self: Don't get in crouton's way when it comes to Edgeworth. She WILL bite." - PhoenixFire
Re: Videogame MusicTopic%20Title
User avatar

Give her the dick.

Gender: Male

Location: ctf_2fort

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:34 am

Posts: 562

Game OSTs are great to listen to. I've got lots of them, including Street Fighter 4 and some DDR.

Spoiler: Oh, and
BIKE

NIGGA STOLE MY BIKE

NIGGA STOLE MY BIKE

NIGGA STOLE MY BIKE

NIGGA STOLE

NIGGA STOLE

STOLE MY BIKE

Image
Re: Videogame MusicTopic%20Title
User avatar

Prufursurnkfa fushcatchurrr

Gender: Male

Location: Evil Dutchieland

Rank: Moderators

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:10 am

Posts: 3685

Uh, they're on the same level as film music. They can be fantastic, but always best suited as background music, not something you actually actively listen to.
Image
Re: Videogame MusicTopic%20Title
User avatar

MARXISM: MAKING PROPERTY HISTORY

Gender: None specified

Location: Buckingham. No, not the Palace, the town. It's miles from London.

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 6:36 pm

Posts: 139

I thik that a lot of VG music, like a lot of film music, can be awful. But you do get some grat VG soundtracks. I currently own the FF7 soundtrack, a collection of Zelda music and Gyakuten Orchestra 2008. I intened to buy more FF music, the Mario Galaxy music, and the Halo soundtrack. I disagree that they are only for background. They are designed to match the action, so they have to be as exiting, or sad, or happy, or a vast range of other emotions, to complement what is going on, and if it is done properly, it should bring up the same feelings as the game did while you're listening.
Put this on the end of your Sig everyone:

BRING BACK LIND_L_TAILOR AND BLACKJACK
Make a tribute to them here and help get them back here.
Re: Videogame MusicTopic%20Title

Ooh, a real drumroll. Nice.

Gender: Male

Location: By my computer.

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:05 pm

Posts: 802

all my music on my cimputer is gyakuten meets orchestra apart from the sample music.
Please don't call me sad.
Re: Videogame MusicTopic%20Title
User avatar

Chief Oldbagger

Gender: None specified

Location: There.

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 7:52 pm

Posts: 662

I have a few of my favourite PW and Super Mario Galaxy tracks on my i-Pod. =D
Image
Credits to Nadindi for both the avvie and sig!

Two week break!
Re: Videogame MusicTopic%20Title
User avatar

Cheeky Monkey

Gender: Male

Location: The gloomiest place on earth (i.e. the UK)

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:34 pm

Posts: 2239

zuddy wrote:
NinjaMonkey wrote:
I'd say that about 95-98% of the 600+ tracks on my iPod is videogame music, mostly due to the fact that the music charts always seem to be full of rubbish (mainly ex-reality TV stars and boy bands who've decided to reform for whatever reason). In fact, I haven't heard a new song that I've liked since 2006!

The easy and obvious answer is stop listening to chart music.


Believe me, I find the non-chart music even worse!
Image

Mmmm... bananas!
Re: Videogame MusicTopic%20Title
User avatar

Idol of Polar Bears

Gender: Male

Location: Norcal

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:37 pm

Posts: 4328

Tinker wrote:
Uh, they're on the same level as film music. They can be fantastic, but always best suited as background music, not something you actually actively listen to.


I actively listen to video game music but I guess I'm just autistic like that. I don't download/rip/etc. video game music when I can just bring up Youtube and jam from there.
Image
Re: Videogame MusicTopic%20Title
User avatar

For realzies?

Gender: Male

Location: Somewhere you're not

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:07 am

Posts: 3373

In prep for a future video, i now have a folder of GS music in my music folder. :maya: Including the hit themes like :godot: 's, :pearl: 's, :zenitora: 's, :kyouya: 's, etc...
Re: Videogame MusicTopic%20Title
User avatar

seems interesting!

Gender: None specified

Location: Oklahoma

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:01 am

Posts: 1575

NinjaMonkey wrote:
zuddy wrote:
NinjaMonkey wrote:
I'd say that about 95-98% of the 600+ tracks on my iPod is videogame music, mostly due to the fact that the music charts always seem to be full of rubbish (mainly ex-reality TV stars and boy bands who've decided to reform for whatever reason). In fact, I haven't heard a new song that I've liked since 2006!

The easy and obvious answer is stop listening to chart music.


Believe me, I find the non-chart music even worse!

Well you know, if you don't like chart music, and you don't like non-chart music, I guess you just don't like music.
Image
Re: Videogame MusicTopic%20Title
User avatar

stirring

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:26 pm

Posts: 4791

NinjaMonkey wrote:
zuddy wrote:
NinjaMonkey wrote:
I'd say that about 95-98% of the 600+ tracks on my iPod is videogame music, mostly due to the fact that the music charts always seem to be full of rubbish (mainly ex-reality TV stars and boy bands who've decided to reform for whatever reason). In fact, I haven't heard a new song that I've liked since 2006!

The easy and obvious answer is stop listening to chart music.


Believe me, I find the non-chart music even worse!


Then guess what: I'm calling bullshit. I have no idea what to even say to the implication that literally all music since 2006 sucks. That's like the absolutely dumbest thing.
If you come across an older post of mine, said with insensitivity or without empathy, I am sorry.
Re: Videogame MusicTopic%20Title
User avatar

spr fckn srs peepz

Gender: Male

Location: Boucherville, Quebec, Canada

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:34 pm

Posts: 2422

I find it an absolutely detestable crime that Ryuji Sasai's horrible synth-guitar MIDI tunes have not graced their presence in modern gaming.

No, seriously, kick Motoi Sakuraba off every project he's on, put in Ryuji Sasai and watch the quality of the soundtrack go from shit to less shit.
http://vanderlund.blogspot.com - Because the only fantasy worlds I like are those I write myself.
Re: Videogame MusicTopic%20Title
User avatar

Fabu♥

Gender: Female

Location: Concrete jungle where dreams are made of

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:18 pm

Posts: 807

WHEN I SAY BOOM BOOM BOOM, YOU SAY BAM BAM BAM,NO PAUSE IN BETWEEN COME ON LET'S JAM!
ImageImage
Re: Videogame MusicTopic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:34 am

Posts: 18

My entire playlist is entirely VG music and movie soundtracks

Videogame music is awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-wdCazf1pM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZ1KVYUI2NA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFxpFWH3_jo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLfdYZoJ-d8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6ljFaKRTrI
Re: Videogame MusicTopic%20Title
User avatar

Walking the path of heaven, ruler of all

Gender: Male

Location: sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:27 pm

Posts: 1163

Videogame-music is awesome. As someone stated before you can associate the songs to alot of stuffs.
Image
Awesome sig made by Nadindi.
My otp's are. MayaxLarry and PhoenixxFranziska
Re: Videogame MusicTopic%20Title
User avatar

Cheeky Monkey

Gender: Male

Location: The gloomiest place on earth (i.e. the UK)

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:34 pm

Posts: 2239

Holy Hell wrote:
NinjaMonkey wrote:
I'd say that about 95-98% of the 600+ tracks on my iPod is videogame music, mostly due to the fact that the music charts always seem to be full of rubbish (mainly ex-reality TV stars and boy bands who've decided to reform for whatever reason). In fact, I haven't heard a new song that I've liked since 2006!


Then guess what: I'm calling bullshit. I have no idea what to even say to the implication that literally all music since 2006 sucks. That's like the absolutely dumbest thing.


HH, do you know what an opinion is?
Image

Mmmm... bananas!


Last edited by NinjaMonkey on Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Videogame MusicTopic%20Title
User avatar

spr fckn srs peepz

Gender: Male

Location: Boucherville, Quebec, Canada

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:34 pm

Posts: 2422

NinjaMonkey wrote:
Holy Hell wrote:
NinjaMonkey wrote:
I'd say that about 95-98% of the 600+ tracks on my iPod is videogame music, mostly due to the fact that the music charts always seem to be full of rubbish (mainly ex-reality TV stars and boy bands who've decided to reform for whatever reason). In fact, I haven't heard a new song that I've liked since 2006!



Then guess what: I'm calling bullshit. I have no idea what to even say to the implication that literally all music since 2006 sucks. That's like the absolutely dumbest thing.


HH, do you know what an opinion is?

Yes, and people who don't know shit about anything should not express theirs as it is ill-informed and idiotic.
http://vanderlund.blogspot.com - Because the only fantasy worlds I like are those I write myself.
Re: Videogame MusicTopic%20Title
User avatar

Cheeky Monkey

Gender: Male

Location: The gloomiest place on earth (i.e. the UK)

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:34 pm

Posts: 2239

Wrestler Hatman wrote:
NinjaMonkey wrote:
Holy Hell wrote:
Then guess what: I'm calling bullshit. I have no idea what to even say to the implication that literally all music since 2006 sucks. That's like the absolutely dumbest thing.


HH, do you know what an opinion is?

Yes, and people who don't know shit about anything should not express theirs as it is ill-informed and idiotic.


Then why are you posting then? :welly:
Image

Mmmm... bananas!
Re: Videogame MusicTopic%20Title
User avatar

stirring

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:26 pm

Posts: 4791

Look, you can't call "opinion" on that. It is an entire artistic medium that spans millions of artists around the world. Saying "all music sucks since--" is just so asinine and ridiculous.
If you come across an older post of mine, said with insensitivity or without empathy, I am sorry.


Last edited by Holy Hell on Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Videogame MusicTopic%20Title
User avatar

i feel pretty

Gender: Male

Location: Milton Keynes, England

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:50 pm

Posts: 5388

Wrestler Hatman wrote:
Yes, and people who don't know shit about anything should not express theirs as it is ill-informed and idiotic.

Pot, kettle, black.


Though I do agree.
Re: Videogame MusicTopic%20Title
User avatar

...

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:14 pm

Posts: 1587

NinjaMonkey wrote:
I'd say that about 95-98% of the 600+ tracks on my iPod is videogame music, mostly due to the fact that the music charts always seem to be full of rubbish (mainly ex-reality TV stars and boy bands who've decided to reform for whatever reason). In fact, I haven't heard a new song that I've liked since 2006!


Use Last.fm, get recommendations for new music, believe me, I used to think that all non video game music sucks. If you like VG music so much, some techno is similar.

Holy Hell wrote:
Look, you can't call "opinion" on that. It is an entire artistic medium that spans millions of artists around the world. You're an idiot if you're trying to tell me that music has ever at any point in time hit a point where "everything sucks".


I think he just meant popular music.
Image
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Re: Videogame MusicTopic%20Title
User avatar

stirring

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:26 pm

Posts: 4791

Lind_L_Tailor wrote:
Wrestler Hatman wrote:
Yes, and people who don't know shit about anything should not express theirs as it is ill-informed and idiotic.

Pot, kettle, black.


Do you even know what you're saying

Also you're talking to Hatman that way, I don't appreciate that.
If you come across an older post of mine, said with insensitivity or without empathy, I am sorry.
Re: Videogame MusicTopic%20Title
User avatar

i feel pretty

Gender: Male

Location: Milton Keynes, England

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:50 pm

Posts: 5388

Holy Hell wrote:
I don't appreciate that.

What you do and don't appreciate really isn't my concern.
Page 1 of 13 [ 490 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Borscht Bowl Club

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 1 guest

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO