Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Borscht Bowl Club

Page 1 of 1[ 11 posts ]

MCR?Topic%20Title

Komikero

Eh. So here's the thing.

I used to be a HUGE fan of them back in high school; I was one of those preachy types who said, "You're MISUNDERSTANDING them and they have a lot of meaning in their songs!" and I have a lot of their songs on my mp3 player still. But the thing is, now I'm beginning to see that they're really not "all that" as I used to believe. But I don't think they're flat-out emo crap just yet. So I'm undecided on my thoughts regarding this band, so to speak. I still like some songs of theirs, particularly "Helena", "Famous Last Words", and "The Ghost of You" since these actually DO have some nice meanings. In comparison the others are below par. And one song's meaning is about having your drinking partner quit on you and another is about being killed so you kill this person then all of a sudden you save them. WHAT. So I'm thinking of leaving their fandom and deleting the songs that just don't appeal to me anymore or whatever.

I know this is a real controversial band because of the "emo" scene, so maybe you guys can have some friendly debates here or something. I wanna hear your thoughts on them, and maybe you can give me some tips on what I should do about me liking them. Plus I really need to delete some songs or else my mp3 player's gonna explode from full memory and die. XP

So yeah. Post away.

I'm a professional comic artist and illustrator. Click on the above logo to visit my official website.
Re: MCR?Topic%20Title

The Robert Downey Jr. Of Cookies

I think they're pretty decent, honestly. Nothing to write home about, but not as awful as people make them out to be.

But I'd prolly like 'em more if their lyrics weren't so whiny. :yuusaku:
WARNING: My dA may contain swearing, bad fanart, and gratuitous lesbianism.
BTW, GIVE GUMSHOE SOME GODDAMN MONEY, BITCHES

Welcome have a :cookie: is TRADEMARED!

My chemical romance? Epic band but i lost my CD of them but my fave tunes was

Dead
Welcome to the black parade
Mama

I can't think of anymore and i hate when people call me emo just for liking bands like this.
Memories, Trials, Family the Fic into a comic.
Soon to be Husband:Scarred_owl Daughter of PandaPrinzessin, J. D,brothers:kemosem Meenyman
My Sons are Ptapcc, Kitisuimo, and my daughters are P!ATD, Godot_Blend _#107.

"I...I feel foolish"

I used to be one of those uberhuge fans of the band, and don't get me wrong, I still love them and their music, but just not as much as I used to compared to a few years ago. My favourite songs of theirs are : I'm Not OK, Helena, Ghost Of You, Cancer, I Don't Love You and Welcome To The Black Parade.

[rant] I got the whole "Ooooh, You listen to My Chemical Romance! You're an EMOOOO!" thing when people found out that I liked them, but I shrugged it off. It really isn't up to them whether or not I like the music or not. [/end rant]

As for your Mp3 player. It's really your choice as to whether you keep all their songs or not. Afterall, it's YOUR player, yeah? Plus, you'll always have the other songs on your computer in Mp3 form, so it's not as if you're banishing the songs from the face of the earth and maybe as time goes on, you'll hear a few of their others and maybe fall back in love with them :minuki:
Fiancee of Kenneth3k1
Daughter of VeryHappyTaffy and Nadindi
Neice of Justis76
Sister of GaleForce
Best Bud is I_Say_Jeeves

^--:cookie: for being awesome.

I hate when people call us emo for this music.
I don't love you and im not ok i loved that song. I'm not ok because i kinda felt like the guy in the video.
"Goes an dowloads more tunes"
Soon to be Husband:Scarred_owl Daughter of PandaPrinzessin, J. D,brothers:kemosem Meenyman

"I...I feel foolish"

KrazyKaro wrote:
I'm not ok because i kinda felt like the guy in the video.

Yeah I know what you mean. When I first heard it, it just seemed to relate to me at that time in my life y'know. Knowing that something is wrong and bothering you and putting on a face saying everything is alright to anybody that asked.

But you really need to listen to me
Because I'm telling you the truth
I mean this, I'm okay!
(Trust Me)

I'm Not Okay...etc

Gah. Now I wanna go listen to it, but I've lost my Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge album :larry:
Fiancee of Kenneth3k1
Daughter of VeryHappyTaffy and Nadindi
Neice of Justis76
Sister of GaleForce
Best Bud is I_Say_Jeeves

Yeah, it's one of those songs that kinda hits you.
Almost like at the end of year 6 i sang a custom version of fall out boy thanks for the memories. And i just think it's like moving from old school to new school.

Thanks for the memories even is they wern't so great.
See he tastes like you only sweeter!

MCR - Mama, always freeks me out but i like it .
Dead is one of my all times favorites with I don't love you. Beause trying to break up with someone who really loves you is hard.

The Not-So-Metaphorical Poet

MCR, MCR, MCR...

I still like them until today because their melodies are really catchy, and I understand their lyrics enough to know that they're not the blatantly emo dickheads people label them as. To quote my best friend:

rtnario wrote:
They're actually pretty good, but people stay away from them because they think they're emo.

My favorite song has to be I'm Not Okay (I Promise). I'M NOOOOOOOOT OOOOOOOOOKAAAAAAAAY~

The Black Parade was nice, but nothing compared to Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge. Those songs had real attitude.

Self-made signature. ^_^

inb4 For those who may think otherwise, I'm a guy.

Fabuā™„

I like a few of their songs, but I'm not thrilled about them.

However, Gerard Way created The Umbrella Academy, and that's cool in my book.
ImageImage

Komikero

OK, so I deleted songs of theirs that don't make sense and kept the ones that were good. I'm happy now. More space for metal!

I'm a professional comic artist and illustrator. Click on the above logo to visit my official website.

After all this time, I still love MCR lol. Not even trying to hide it. I like a lot of emo bands (growing up in the mid-2000s, my taste was influenced by the "emo explosion") and never understood why people had problems with emotional, confessional lyrics. Why that kid who listens to 50 Cent is "okay", and the kid who listens to emotional stuff is a loser?

BTW, my top 5 MCR songs:

The Ghost of You
Honey, This Mirror Isn't Big Enough for the Two of Us
Cancer
Famous Last Words
Thank You For The Venom
Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Borscht Bowl Club