Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Borscht Bowl Club

Page 1 of 1[ 18 posts ]

Nine Inch NailsTopic%20Title

TAkE YouR hEaRT

Nine Inch Nails is an Alternative/Industrial rock band founded by Trent Reznor in the year '88. Their most well known track is probably "Closer" aka. the "I wanna fuck you like an animal" song from the album "The Downward Spiral" (released in '94).
Currently, the band is on a hiatus, probably enjoying their private lives. They announced several months ago, that they will not tour anymore for a long time (which means, this year was probably the last chance to see them live).

-----------

Sooo, who's a fan of that glorious band or hates their guts?

Personally, I love NIN's lyrics (well, most of them) and that an album never seems to sound like the previous one (but you can still hear that it's NIN). It is also kinda fascinating that Trent seems to have a lot creativity left after all those years and always tries to amaze the fans with new things (like the "Ghosts I-IV" album or the ridiculous cool "Lights in the Sky" tour).

------------

So, go ahead and tell your fellow NIN-fans your opinion!
Re: Nine Inch NailsTopic%20Title

Holy whack! Unlyrical lyrics Andre

I havnt really listened to them, but I had the chance to see them live at Sonisphere this year, but I to my car to get some food.
Image Image

You've been hit by, a smooth prosecutor

I've got The Downward Spiral (fav' songs are March of the Pigs and Hurt) and Broken. Both are pretty good albums :rock'n:

The Not-So-Metaphorical Poet

Hurt and Closer run my list of favorite songs. I mean, come on, Hurt is just plain awesome, and Closer is one of the sexiest songs ever written.

Spoiler: Strong Language
I WANNA FUCK YOU LIKE AN ANIMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL. I WANNA FEEL YOU FROM THE INSIIIIDE.

Self-made signature. ^_^

inb4 For those who may think otherwise, I'm a guy.

In vain they did not suffer...

Well, I never really listened to NIN, except for the Quake BGM, which was made by Trent Reznor. ^_^''
"We lie in wait, the human minds are clouded
Initiation of the master plan
Assimilate, build a life among them
Centuries will pass, patience will win"

Iced Earth ~ Ten Thousand Strong

TAkE YouR hEaRT

Yay, people actually looked at my thread and replied [:

oh and @Metaler: The Quake BGM is quite cool! If you liked that one, you may like some songs by NIN aswell.

--------------
Seems like most of you like "The Downward Spiral" a lot, niceee. But there are more albums than only that one, just that you know :P

My favorite album is "The Fragile" (released '99) because the first time I listened through the whole album, I fell in love with it.
It is a bit different than TDS, merely the songs seem sometimes a bit "happier" and less "violent". Still, songs like "Somewhat Damaged", "The Big Comedown" and "The Wretched" are quite aggressive and are a perfect choice to be played when on tour.
There are a few quiet songs on it aswell, e.g. "The Fragile" or "The Great Below" which are quite heart-warming and wonderful.
I can listen to the album the whole day and I'll never get tired of it.

oh, if anyone of you is interested in recommendations (e.g. which album is great for beginners?) I ,of course, will be glad to help you :]

Get Funky, +10 Pulchritude

i have been meaning to listen to their music for the longest time but i'm too lazy

The Broken Movie is a fucking trip.

:)

I can't shake this feeling from my head.
There's a devil sleeping in my bed.

I love their lyrics. I've only got Hurt, Closer, Kinda I want to, Something I can never have, In This Twilight, Purest Feeling and Survivalism. My favorite songs are Closer and Kinda I Want To. Any recs guys?

Chloebabes wrote:
Any recs guys?

I really like their instrumentals. (They make good background music while writing, for me. :c)

TAkE YouR hEaRT

Chloebabes wrote:
I can't shake this feeling from my head.
There's a devil sleeping in my bed.

I love their lyrics. I've only got Hurt, Closer, Kinda I want to, Something I can never have, In This Twilight, Purest Feeling and Survivalism. My favorite songs are Closer and Kinda I Want To. Any recs guys?

I think you should check out the albums "Pretty Hate Machine" and "The Downward Spiral" then.
Kinda I want To is on PHM, I'm quite sure you will like the other songs on there as well (they sound pretty 80's-like though, a lot of synths and whatnot). Closer is on TDS and there are a lot of songs on there which are as controversial and ingenious as Closer (e.g. Reptile or Big Man With A Gun)

And if you end up (not) liking the stuff, you could give "With Teeth" a try. It sounds a bit "poppier" than the other albums but it's quite good stuff for people who wanna get into the band's music. Most of the songs have quite catchy beats...

Hope that was a bit helpful :3

Duclis wrote:
I really like their instrumentals. (They make good background music while writing, for me. :c)

"Ghosts I-IV" is a whole album full of instrumentals. You should check it out if you haven't heard about it yet :]

Ghostwriter wrote:
The Broken Movie is a fucking trip.

Never saw that one. I asked a few people if the movie is really that disturbing and sick, they said yes and so I decided that I would rather not watch that one =P Although, is it really that much more disturbing than the video to "Happiness in Slavery"? :/

GANTALITY!

It is not NIN per say but Halo33 did a fair few free to download remix of NIN songs among others, here.
http://www.last.fm/music/halo33

Though Trent did say to steal steal and steal some more at one point haha. I have respect for Trent, he has helluva a lot of talent, multi instruments, influence beyond NIN and dared bitch about his label overcharging.
"So apparently P/I fan + Insecurity + airheadedness + strange kinks + bad grasp of reality + over eagerness = bad user........." D= /D\

Nemesis wrote:
Duclis wrote:

"Ghosts I-IV" is a whole album full of instrumentals. You should check it out if you haven't heard about it yet :]

I've heard of it, but haven't heard more than one song. I'll check it out sometime.

I'm the master of something

I love 'em.

Apply directly to the forehead

Location: New Mexico (If you can find any more empty space, your in Paris Hilton's brain)

I've not really listened to them or their music so I can't really state an opinion

:)

Thanks for the recs guys. :)
I think Trent is better live than studio.

Get Funky, +10 Pulchritude

i just found out steven wilson likes trent's work. insta-respect, right there.

Last edited by L_J on Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

I'm the master of something

L_J wrote:
i just found steven wilson likes trent's work. insta-respect, right there.

You should listen to their work, see how great they can be.
I'd recommend Broken, The Downaward Spiral, or The Fragile as an introduction to their music.
Or maybe The Slip 'cuz it's free.

Last bumped by The Master on Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:35 pm.
Page 1 of 1 [ 18 posts ] 

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Borscht Bowl Club