Board index » Phoenix Wright » Labyrinthia (PLvsGS)

Page 37 of 38[ 1488 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next

Re: ~The Professor Layton topic~Topic%20Title

Shut up, Hitler

I think Liam O'Brien voices both characters. And Kain in FFIV. And Akihiko in Persona 3. And Caius in FFXIII-2...

Damn, the guy gets around. Awesome voice, though.

Call me Ishmael.

I finished Last Specter and loved it! It experimented with puzzles in a fun way, and had a story that wasn't too far-fetched and got rid of certain trite patterns that were common in the first trilogy. I want more of the new characters. Hopefully Miracle Mask will be as good if not better. :3

Spoiler: Ending spoilers
Loosha was the best plesiosaurus/seal hybrid ever. ;_;

Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247

Too bad. Waluigi Time.

I loved Last Specter, however, it says there are more puzzles than ever, but I remember Diabolical Box having 250 or so. It's still one of my favorite games, and Descole is so much better than Don Paolo, but Paolo still had his charm to him. However,
Spoiler:
a giant prehistoric manatee spiraling to the bottom of an underground lake kind of ruined the ending for me as the other Layton games were more realistic.
The music was amazing beyond comparison. My personal favorites were the Final Battle theme, and Descole's Theme. I wonder when we'll get to see Descole's face.... Anyway, I watched the Eternal Diva English dubbed on Youtube, and it was pretty good!

I'm bad at puzzle solving..

I hate you Last Specter. 10 hours 42 minutes just to finish you and your stupid puzzles.

Spoiler: BIG FAT UGLY SPOILERS FOR REAL
I ALMOST cried when Loosha died. But I am now okay, because I have convinced myself Loosha was just sleeping and would float back the next day and everyone would be happy.

I liked Arianna & Luke's interactions. VEEEERY interesting. I was replaying Lost Future and I named my file 'Arianna' just so I could get Luke to write, 'To my dear friend Arianna'. 'Twas fun, 'twas fun.

Emmy & the Black Ravens are cool.

Professor Layton & The Lost Future. Best game ever.

I live everywhere and nowhere, usually as Kumori. My YouTube is 'WoodULikeSumCatFood', shamelessly ripped from a friend of mine.

Too bad. Waluigi Time.

FVKWY wrote:
I hate you Last Specter. 10 hours 42 minutes just to finish you and your stupid puzzles.

Emmy & the Black Raven are cool.

Only took me a few hours. Yeah, I was scared Emmy was going to use one of her roundhouse kicks on Layton :will: I at first thought that Descole was the Black Raven.

Spoiler: Last Spectre
At least they didn't use the 'false town' excuse. But it was kind of easy solving the mysteries. I knew most of them before they'd even been answered. But I found the puzzles a bit tricky, then I got used to their odd logic.

By the way, I like it that the talking-to-animals runs in Triton genes. See Luke & Clark's episode. It felt weird watching that. Do sons and fathers seriously act that way?

I live everywhere and nowhere, usually as Kumori. My YouTube is 'WoodULikeSumCatFood', shamelessly ripped from a friend of mine.

Too bad. Waluigi Time.

Spoiler: Professor Layton 1-3
Yeah, the "false town" excuse is overused. Examples: Robo Village in the Curious Village, Illusion City in Diabolical Box, and Underground Town in Unwound Future. Maybe since there was false Chelmey, false Layton, false Flora, false Luke, and false butler, maybe false Descole or false Don Paolo are next. :will:

Fabu♥

Man, it feels like I'm always one Professor Layton game behind everyone else.
Over the summer I played Diabolical Box, while Unwound Future has been out.

And now I finally got my hands on Unwound Future while everyone is playing Last Spectre. I gotta keep up!

Anyway, I just finished Unwound Future yesterday, after playing it for a whole week straight.

Spoiler: Unwound Future
And damn, who knew a cartoonish-looking series about SOLVING PUZZLES could have so much depth?
This is probably the first time a PL game actually featured characters DYING.

On top of that we had:
-Corrupt politicians
-Civilians dying in an explosion
-Layton mentioning that he was BADLY BEATEN for looking into details of the explosion
-A young child crying out for his dead parents
-And implications of ANIMALS being TORTURED for experiments

But besides the mature themes, I found it interesting to see more to Layton's character than one would believe. In the first two games we thought he was just this intelligent, kind gentleman, who showed interest in solving puzzles and mysteries. With a few badass skills here and there. Then come the third game and BAM, he actually has a bit of a traumatic past. And by the last few scenes of the game, I too felt like crying, right along side Layton.
You did too. Admit it.

As much as I'd love to see another game take place after Unwound Future, at the same time it wouldn't feel right after such an epic, and yet heart-wrenching conclusion. But that's my opinion.

ImageImage

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Playing Specter's Flute, just got it over the past weekend. So far, it's living up to the Professor Layton title, I'm even enjoying the new assistant character Emma. Seems to have way more depth and usefulness than Flora.
Spoiler:
And I swear, if the whole plot is all "Oh look! Fake city!!!!" again... Really? Has Layton ever once gotten to solve a puzzle in a REAL city??? I'm starting to think that everyone who is obsessed with puzzles that isn't Layton are just robots, pretending, or just plain don't exist.

On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

Last edited by dullahan1 on Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Don't worry,

Spoiler: Spectre's Flute/Call/Last Specter
It's not a fake city :D

Up to Chapter 8 in Last Specter (why does Europe get the cooler names now? Specter's Call, Lost Future...)

Spoiler:
Wow, the citizens of Misthallery are kind of scumbags. I don't care how much you hate someone, you don't go to the guy's funeral just to say shit like "Good riddance" and "He got what he deserved", especially right in front of his orphaned kids.

They don't :c

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
Up to Chapter 8 in Last Specter (why does Europe get the cooler names now? Specter's Call, Lost Future...)

Spoiler:
Wow, the citizens of Misthallery are kind of scumbags. I don't care how much you hate someone, you don't go to the guy's funeral just to say shit like "Good riddance" and "He got what he deserved", especially right in front of his orphaned kids.

Spoiler:
It wasn't his funeral, it was the finding of his corpse. And the people are supposedly whispering that kind of stuff, I don't think they would just go and say "Hey, kid, your dad deserved to die."

LySs wrote:
Man, it feels like I'm always one Professor Layton game behind everyone else.
Over the summer I played Diabolical Box, while Unwound Future has been out.

And now I finally got my hands on Unwound Future while everyone is playing Last Spectre. I gotta keep up!

Anyway, I just finished Unwound Future yesterday, after playing it for a whole week straight.

Spoiler: Unwound Future
And damn, who knew a cartoonish-looking series about SOLVING PUZZLES could have so much depth?
This is probably the first time a PL game actually featured characters DYING.

On top of that we had:
-Corrupt politicians
-Civilians dying in an explosion
-Layton mentioning that he was BADLY BEATEN for looking into details of the explosion
-A young child crying out for his dead parents
-And implications of ANIMALS being TORTURED for experiments

But besides the mature themes, I found it interesting to see more to Layton's character than one would believe. In the first two games we thought he was just this intelligent, kind gentleman, who showed interest in solving puzzles and mysteries. With a few badass skills here and there. Then come the third game and BAM, he actually has a bit of a traumatic past. And by the last few scenes of the game, I too felt like crying, right along side Layton.
You did too. Admit it.

As much as I'd love to see another game take place after Unwound Future, at the same time it wouldn't feel right after such an epic, and yet heart-wrenching conclusion. But that's my opinion.

I felt that way too. Some aspects of Last Specter also correspond to what you noticed in UF, although you're right, UF was surprisingly mature for the series. Served it well, as great as LS is, it simply cannot beat UF's sense of overall excellence. Best in the series, hands-down. Hope PL5 or PL6 can better it, if that happens we're in for a treat.

BTW, does anyone else think London Life's crap? You know, free crap, but crap nonetheless.

Deputy of Self-Esteem

*raises hand*

It tastes like an Earthbound game... but lacking anything conforming to a plot, and a ton of fetch missions.
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

Wooster wrote:
*raises hand*

It tastes like an Earthbound game... but lacking anything conforming to a plot, and a ton of fetch missions.

I'm still playing it, but... only to find out if the main "storyline" has something resembling an ending. I've played for like 4, 5 or 6 in-game days, and I'm seriously considering

At least it's got some pretty decent and funny dialogue. And there's always the fact that this is simply a concept demo for Fantasy Life. It gives me hopes for it, since you know it'll be this, but with developed characters, art and locations, much more dialogue, probably an actual plot, and an actually designed architechture of quests to justify the retail price. At least, I hope so.

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Well, it is an extra to a game with an already established plot, developed characters, and great environments.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

dullahan1 wrote:
Well, it is an extra to a game with an already established plot, developed characters, and great environments.

That's what I meant with "free crap". I mean, as if Last Specter hadn't been amazing enough, you then have an extra mini RPG. So no matter how bad that extra is, you always had the main game, which is well worth full price.

Still, you can't deny that the entire package would be way more amazing if London Life hadn't been a concept demo and actually was the 100-hour-of-joy it was hyped up to be. I'm not saying it should have been, since the package would have been worthy enough without any extras, but if it had been, we would all be happier. We're not sad with how the package is now, at all, but we could have been way happier. Not that we needed to or had any right to demand so for what we paid.*

Spoiler: Economy ramble
Well, I didn't actually pay, because original non-Mario games that get here are usually stolen from the US and brought here illegally, and sold at double the game's original price (a friend of mine actually paid $90 for Ocarina of Time 3D, and earlier last year the same for Pokémon White/Black, can't recall which one of the two.) So not only would I be paying way more, but the developers wouldn't get a penny of my money. So I pirate. I hate doing so, but it's my only choice. I simply can't afford games in my country's dollar-hating currency, where 1 US dollar = 4,34 of my currency, and buying dollars legally is severely restricted since November of last year, so if you actually want to buy currency, you need to buy from "street" exchangers, and pay from 4,80 to 5 of my currency for 1 USD. Either that or abandon gaming altogether, at least on my DS and Wii.

I DIDN'T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT LONDON LIFE, I BOUGHT THE EUROPEAN VERSION!

...because I can't stand the American voices. I almost shat myself when I first heard American Luke. And I thought: "Since when did boys that age sound like mature women?" But that's just me. I think the European version is more realistic - I'm around the same age Luke is supposed to be and I hang around boys all the time, and believe you me, they have high-pitched voices. Not every boy has a high-pitched voice, but there's just enough to make Luke realistic. Realistiiiiiiiic!

DeMatador wrote:
Spoiler:
It wasn't his funeral, it was the finding of his corpse. And the people are supposedly whispering that kind of stuff, I don't think they would just go and say "Hey, kid, your dad deserved to die."

Spoiler:
Oh

Well

Obviously they weren't too quiet about their whispering

And it still seemed pretty inappropriate and scummy under the circumstances

London Life was kind of a cute little distraction, but yeah, I got bored of it after about an hour.

Okay i just finished "The Last Specter"

Spoiler:
gotta say as much as i love the layton games. this one was just a little bit disappointing. I knew it was a mistake for me to hold it to the high standards of games 2 and 3 oh well. But i enjoyed the edition of new puzzles. both the Fightin' fountains and the bottle puzzle were extremely frustrating and i nearly threw my DS out the window :zenitora:

Too bad. Waluigi Time.

Yeah, London Life was pretty bad, but with more improvement, it could be very successful. I got stuck on several missions(the fishing and flower ones, in particular) , and they troll you with the fact you just have to try fifty million times to get a single flower/ fish, and at that point, you've run out of room in your inventory. Also, some things are impossible to find. If I don't finish one of those missions, I can't progress further in the story, which prevents me from completing any of them since they require you to have advanced to a certain part in the story!(Thanks to whoever read this rant.) And I agree about the bottle and fountain puzzles :zenitora:

angels_gal wrote:

Spoiler:
gotta say as much as i love the layton games. this one was just a little bit disappointing. I knew it was a mistake for me to hold it to the high standards of games 2 and 3 oh well. But i enjoyed the edition of new puzzles. both the Fightin' fountains and the bottle puzzle were extremely frustrating and i nearly threw my DS out the window :zenitora:

Spoiler:
I agree the Fountain Fight and the Bottle Puzzle were frustrating, but I still scraped by them. I think the game was good - we got to meet a cool cast of characters. Emmy, Clark, Descole, Crow Arianna, Loosha, blah di blah di blah. I liked it myself. I didn't like the second game much (the third was excellent though), but that's just me.

FVKWY wrote:
angels_gal wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I agree the Fountain Fight and the Bottle Puzzle were frustrating, but I still scraped by them. I think the game was good - we got to meet a cool cast of characters. Emmy, Clark, Descole, Crow Arianna, Loosha, blah di blah di blah. I liked it myself. I didn't like the second game much (the third was excellent though), but that's just me.

yes...
Spoiler:
I managed to scrape by them too although it took me about 2 hours.... I am not complaining about the characters so i hope you don't think i am. I like the characters. and it's a pretty great back story. I loved learning about back stories like this :edgy:

Too bad. Waluigi Time.

Yeah, the characters are cool, and out of the new characters, my favorites are
Spoiler:
Descole, Emmy, Black Raven(Who i first thought was the same person as Descole :meekins: )

I didn't really like the second one.
Spoiler: Diabolical Box
We needed a final boss battle, like in the first, third, and fourth. Instead we got a swordfight, kinda sucky compared to a giant robot, and from that we also got... LAAAYTOOOON! :will: , which is good, but could have been better. Also, the puzzles were not lacking in their own challenge. I actually had to use a walkthrough for about half the game.

Call me James

I actually really enjoyed The Spectre's Call (just finished it).

Spoiler:
I love Descole. His relationship with Layton seriously reminds me of Moriarty and Holmes. And I'm dying to know what his deal is. Plus, Jakes was a pretty good villain, too. He actually abused his power, and was pretty badass in some bits. And I'm glad it wasn't a fake town. But we did get another massive robot/machine. I'm starting to see a trend in that aspect. :gumshoe:

All in all, it was great. Can't wait for the next installment.
http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/9935-Akira_E ... 44a161.gif

"I love the thrill of a good solution!"

I can't wait for the next installment either... providing that we get it.

Okay a general question if i might..... in all the games you've played so far do you have a favorite puzzle? if so what is it? and what about it makes it your favorite?

Spoiler:
One of my favorite puzzles comes from Curious Village. I don't remember the puzzle number but i believe it was pretty early on the in the game... it's where you had to get the 3 chicks and wolves to the other side of the river on the wooden raft. i like this one because i'm better with hands on puzzles like sliding puzzles, even if they do frustrate me.... i'm better at them.

Spoiler:
the other puzzles are packing luke's suitcase from diabolical box, (as frustrating as it was i really enjoyed it) and "pu" the one where you had to try to plug the holes in order to stop the garlic smell.... I like it because it made me laugh because i wasn't expecting the 'take the third option!"

from Unwound future
Spoiler:
The slippery trip puzzles all three.. i really enjoy these. because i'm pretty good at these..plus they're really quite fun to do. and then the one at the end that you had to blow up the garbage in order to allow the car to pass. that was fun
!"

Spoiler:
As for the newest game as frustrating as they were my two favorite games were the fountain puzzle and the bottle puzzle and it was a new challenge!

GOOSEY!

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
GOOSEY!

You're sticking out again, Goosey...

How about some money for my thoughts?

FVKWY wrote:
angels_gal wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I don't see how you guys didn't like Fountain Fight and Bottle Game, I thought they were a great change of pace from what we were usually getting, and I think we're getting lots of that kind of puzzles from Miracle Mask, knowing puzzles are more interactive and "you do it" style in it.

Regarding the game itself, I consider it to be best Layton game from a technical standpoint... But if we're comparing overall stories and experiences, in my opinion, it's below games 1 and 3, but above Diabolical Box. If I had to rate the games, I'd give DB an 8, LS a 9, CV a 9 too, and UF a 9.5. But I think Curious Village is above it in terms of originality and overall impact the game had on me.

So all in all, it is a very, very good game, one of the best the DS has to offer, but it's average by Professor Layton standards. Which doesn't speak badly of The Last Specter, but shows how wonderful the series is.

Also, if I were to consider LS better than CV, it would have to be for its brilliantly inspired cast of characters. They drove the game IMO, I don't think the same plot, script, graphics and engine would have worked well without this set of characters. Kudos to the Level-5 for that.

Squirtle!

Something that's bothering me, but...

Spoiler:
with the whole Descole plot, what's the chronological order of it? I haven't been able to play Miracle Mask (or whatever it'll be when it's released in the US), but does he die at the end of Eternal Diva? Or does Miracle Mask come after Eternal Diva?

Married to SnowWright! Father of Tornado of Souls!

Too bad. Waluigi Time.

Spoiler:
I'm pretty sure it's Last Specter, Eternal Diva, and Mask of Miracle. I read that Descole is captured in Mask of Miracle, but he escapes as they're about to take off his mask.
Also.... GOOSEY!

Detective Luke Atmey wrote:
Spoiler:
I'm pretty sure it's Last Specter, Eternal Diva, and Mask of Miracle. I read that Descole is captured in Mask of Miracle, but he escapes as they're about to take off his mask.

Spoiler: MEGA-ULTRA SPOILER HERE NO JOKE
Descole is actually Don Paolo in disguise.

Minds blown yet?

They SHOULD be

Too bad. Waluigi Time.

Spoiler:
LIES! LIES! Descole has a much cooler theme, smooth voice, and is French! Paolo has a meh theme, rough voice, and is Italian!

Don't resist the truth, it'll set you free.

Also,
Spoiler:
Don Paolo was actually Goosey in disguise.

Hiding in plain sight all along.

GOOSEY

Too bad. Waluigi Time.

Spoiler:
:objection: Similar to Atmey Paradox comic but oh well. Paolo has too big a nose to fit under that mask! Hah! TAKE THAT!

Detective Luke Atmey wrote:
Spoiler:
:objection: Similar to Atmey Paradox comic but oh well. Paolo has too big a nose to fit under that mask! Hah! TAKE THAT!

Spoiler: Diabolical Box

Too bad. Waluigi Time.

Cannot be unseen! :beef:

OH MY GOD
I FOUND CLARK TRITON IN REAL LIFE TWICE
I saw a guy on the street with a green jumper who looked like Clark, and now I'm watching a film called Amish Grace and a character on it is strikingly similar to Clark. The same hair and all. Clark is one of triplets! O.O

Too bad. Waluigi Time.

I saw a guy who looked like Legal Luke. :edgy:

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=177700

Staying true to the yearly announcements of Layton games at E3, this is no different. Level-5 just filed a trademark for Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask, just like other Layton titles before their respective E3s.

In other words: I CAN'T WAIT!
Inspector Grosky is prepared to arrest you in style with finesse with his chesthair sheltering innocent kittens.

OBJECTION!

I enjoyed Spectre's Call (just finished it).

Spoiler:
At least they didnt use the "OMG the town is fake" thing, I didnt think the story was quite as good as Lost Future but still good. It was obvious Jakes was a bad dude though but who is Descole, if this is a prequel and Layton has seen him before then?
I thought the end was so sad (especially with Loosha) not as sad as LF but still sad :(

But I loved the music.
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....
Page 37 of 38 [ 1488 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Labyrinthia (PLvsGS)