Board index » Phoenix Wright » Labyrinthia (PLvsGS)

Page 1 of 1[ 30 posts ]
 


~The Layton Brothers~Topic%20Title
User avatar

They don't :c

Gender: Male

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

Rank: Moderators

Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:34 pm

Posts: 3179

Andriasang wrote:
12:17: Next up, Layton Brothers Mystery Room.

Andriasang wrote:
12:19: Yes, this is the Mystery Room that was announced a couple of Level-5 Visions back. It's been reborn as a Layton branded title.

Andriasang wrote:
12:19: They're showing a trailer, and it looks like the game may now be for iPhone!

Andriasang wrote:
12:20: Yes, it's an iOS game now! The main character is Alfendy Layton, Professor Layton's son.

Andriasang wrote:
12:21: Layton Brothers will be available for play at Level-5 World. The screen showed date TBA as the release time frame.


Andriasang wrote:
The main character is Alfendy Layton, Professor Layton's son.


Andriasang wrote:
Alfendy Layton, Professor Layton's son.


Andriasang wrote:
Layton's son.


From Level-5 Vision 2011

This is real.

Discuss.
Image
Re: ~The Layton Brothers~Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Location: Under your nose

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:53 am

Posts: 374

DeMatador wrote:
Andriasang wrote:
Layton's son.

DeMatador wrote:
Andriasang wrote:
Layton's son.

DeMatador wrote:
Andriasang wrote:
Layton's son.

My mind went blank...
Image
Inspector Grosky is prepared to arrest you in style with finesse with his chesthair sheltering innocent kittens.
Re: ~The Layton Brothers~Topic%20Title
User avatar

#1 Assistant

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:38 am

Posts: 5

Andriasang wrote:
Layton's son

What.

...what?

How is this so? How can this be? What madness is going on up at L5HQ?
Re: ~The Layton Brothers~Topic%20Title
User avatar

Close enough...

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14095

Because a true gentleman is not afraid of a committed relationship?

Or a true gentleman has no need of protection?

Though really this is titled the Layton Brothers so....

Where's the other son?
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: ~The Layton Brothers~Topic%20Title
User avatar

Call me James/Professor/whatever

Gender: Male

Location: At Fishman Island

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:52 pm

Posts: 587

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H91rPIq2mN4

I don't think anything else sums up my reaction other than this.
http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/9935-Akira_E ... 44a161.gif

"I love the thrill of a good solution!"
Re: ~The Layton Brothers~Topic%20Title
User avatar

Close enough...

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14095

Also his son looks hideous maintains none of his father's good looks.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: ~The Layton Brothers~Topic%20Title
User avatar

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Gender: Male

Location: Connecticut

Rank: Admin

Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:36 pm

Posts: 3449

Pierre wrote:
Also his son looks hideous maintains none of his father's good looks.


Possibly because "he" is a woman?

(Sorry, I couldn't resist a stab at a game called "<something> Brothers" where one of the protagonists isn't a "he")

Or will they pull off:

"We're the Layton Brothers!"

"And the Layton Sister."
Image
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump
Re: ~The Layton Brothers~Topic%20Title
User avatar

Close enough...

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14095

Wooster wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Also his son looks hideous maintains none of his father's good looks.


Possibly because "he" is a woman?

(Sorry, I couldn't resist a stab at a game called "<something> Brothers" where one of the protagonists isn't a "he")

Or will they pull off:

"We're the Layton Brothers!"

"And the Layton Sister."


Maybe it's Layton Brothers as in....a business?

It's definitely his son then? Not like...some brothers of professor Layton and a random girl working together?
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: ~The Layton Brothers~Topic%20Title
User avatar

Call me Ishmael.

Gender: Male

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:16 pm

Posts: 2434

Maybe it takes place in the future of the PL world? He never mentioned any children in the games.

EDIT: Also, if it's his biological son, the shippers will go bazookas. Not that I care.
Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247


Last edited by Marche Tobaye on Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Re: ~The Layton Brothers~Topic%20Title
User avatar

The Ace Attorney's Magical Daughter

Gender: Female

Location: Austria

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:16 pm

Posts: 817

What.

What.

Layton... with a... son...?!

Layton has a... son?!

What in the world...?!

That's like giving Phoenix a daughter!!

Oh wait. :minuki:
Image

...Because I felt the need to advertise my fanfic with a self-drawn, animated banner. Yes, I'm obsessed, why do you ask?
Re: ~The Layton Brothers~Topic%20Title
User avatar

Hello

Gender: Female

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:51 pm

Posts: 12

Uhh.... *slowly raises hand*

What if they were just adopted....?

http://layton.wikia.com/wiki/Layton_Bro ... stery_Room

take a look....
Image
Sig made by Blue Spruce!


Last edited by Nikuchan on Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: ~The Layton Brothers~Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Location: Under your nose

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:53 am

Posts: 374

I think this game looks interesting with its Ghost Trick-esque art style and its gameplay. The only problem I have with it is it being (unnecessarily?) tied in with the Layton franchise as it feels and switching from DS to iOS so I can't have my grubby mitts on it if it ever gets out of Japan.
Image
Inspector Grosky is prepared to arrest you in style with finesse with his chesthair sheltering innocent kittens.
Re: ~The Layton Brothers~Topic%20Title
User avatar

Call me Ishmael.

Gender: Male

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:16 pm

Posts: 2434

javadoz wrote:
I think this game looks interesting with its Ghost Trick-esque art style and its gameplay. The only problem I have with it is it being (unnecessarily?) tied in with the Layton franchise as it feels and switching from DS to iOS so I can't have my grubby mitts on it if it ever gets out of Japan.

Oh, that's a good point.

Also, I'm liking the design of this character.

Spoiler:
Image

Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247
Re: ~The Layton Brothers~Topic%20Title
User avatar

They don't :c

Gender: Male

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

Rank: Moderators

Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:34 pm

Posts: 3179

Marche Tobaye wrote:
javadoz wrote:
I think this game looks interesting with its Ghost Trick-esque art style and its gameplay. The only problem I have with it is it being (unnecessarily?) tied in with the Layton franchise as it feels and switching from DS to iOS so I can't have my grubby mitts on it if it ever gets out of Japan.

Oh, that's a good point.

Also, I'm liking the design of this character.

Spoiler:
Image


Apparently, she's not Layton's daughter/Alfendy's sister. She's called Lucy Crelia.

So... who's the other Layton Brother? Maybe someone mistranslated and Alfendy's actually Hershel's brother... I don't know, my mind went numb when I read "Layton's son"

Still, Lucy looks cute.
Image
Re: ~The Layton Brothers~Topic%20Title
User avatar

Call me James/Professor/whatever

Gender: Male

Location: At Fishman Island

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:52 pm

Posts: 587

All things aside, I'm still kinda sad that I'll have to get an iPhone (lawl yeah right) to play this.

I'd have much preferred a 3DS release.
http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/9935-Akira_E ... 44a161.gif

"I love the thrill of a good solution!"
Re: ~The Layton Brothers~Topic%20Title
User avatar

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Gender: Male

Location: Connecticut

Rank: Admin

Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:36 pm

Posts: 3449

Neni wrote:
What.

What.

Layton... with a... son...?!

Layton has a... son?!

What in the world...?!

That's like giving Phoenix a daughter!!

Oh wait. :minuki:


Layton does seem to have a knack for doing things that make people go :udgy:

Spoiler: Layton-isms I'm aware of
Channeling MacGyver
Master Swordsman
Physically capable of removing his hat
And now has offspring

Image
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump
Re: ~The Layton Brothers~Topic%20Title
User avatar

They don't :c

Gender: Male

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

Rank: Moderators

Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:34 pm

Posts: 3179

Professor Yoshi wrote:
All things aside, I'm still kinda sad that I'll have to get an iPhone (lawl yeah right) to play this.

I'd have much preferred a 3DS release.


My feelings exactly, Professor.

Game's official site here. Can anyone translate for us? <:D

Also, is it just me or does this game look VERY heavily Ace Attorney-inspired?
Image
Re: ~The Layton Brothers~Topic%20Title
User avatar

The Ace Attorney's Magical Daughter

Gender: Female

Location: Austria

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:16 pm

Posts: 817

DeMatador wrote:

Also, is it just me or does this game look VERY heavily Ace Attorney-inspired?



Exactly my thoughts. I immediately thought of AAI when I saw the trailer.
Image

...Because I felt the need to advertise my fanfic with a self-drawn, animated banner. Yes, I'm obsessed, why do you ask?
Re: ~The Layton Brothers~Topic%20Title
User avatar

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Gender: Male

Location: Connecticut

Rank: Admin

Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:36 pm

Posts: 3449

Such a gorgeous website. Easiest by far to get stuff from.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump
Re: ~The Layton Brothers~Topic%20Title
User avatar

I'm bad at puzzle solving..

Gender: Female

Location: The land of depressing weather.

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:17 am

Posts: 421

I guess naming people stupid names comes in the Layton genes.
Image
Professor Layton & The Lost Future. Best game ever.

I live everywhere and nowhere, usually as Kumori. My YouTube is 'WoodULikeSumCatFood', shamelessly ripped from a friend of mine.
Re: ~The Layton Brothers~Topic%20Title
User avatar

Aspiring Critic and Film Engineer

Gender: Male

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:23 pm

Posts: 21

Who cares if it seems Ace Attorney inspired. Jiro Ishii and Shu Takumi have been bouncing ideas off each other for the past 4 years or so. As far as the concept and scheme, I think it'll make a great little game on the go. I just wish it weren't just on iPhone. That seems like an unnecessary cap on the potential for the game to sell. Is it me, or does the fellow with the striped pants and blue blazer not remind you of Don Paolo?

As far as the 'Brothers?' mystery, I'm sure there will be an answer to it. And who knows; maybe he'll look more like Layton. My one curiousity at that point is since Layton indeed has some kind of son, who's the mommy? I think that's relatively important.
Image
Re: ~The Layton Brothers~Topic%20Title
User avatar

They don't :c

Gender: Male

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

Rank: Moderators

Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:34 pm

Posts: 3179

Raphnarock wrote:
Who cares if it seems Ace Attorney inspired.


Woah woah wait, who said it was a bad thing? xD

I never said Layton Brothers ripped off AAI, I just celebrated the fact that it may have taken inspiration from it. I definitely consider it an awesome thing, for both series.
Image
Re: ~The Layton Brothers~Topic%20Title
User avatar

Aspiring Critic and Film Engineer

Gender: Male

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:23 pm

Posts: 21

DeMatador wrote:
Raphnarock wrote:
Who cares if it seems Ace Attorney inspired.


Woah woah wait, who said it was a bad thing? xD

I never said Layton Brothers ripped off AAI, I just celebrated the fact that it may have taken inspiration from it. I definitely consider it an awesome thing, for both series.


Well that's what I meant in practicality. ^^; sorry if that was misconstrued. I think it's a good thing.
Image
Re: ~The Layton Brothers~Topic%20Title
User avatar

I wish I WERE the best.

Gender: None specified

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:19 pm

Posts: 325

Has anyone considered the possibility that he could have been adopted? After all, Alfendy looks nothing like his father.
Re: ~The Layton Brothers~Topic%20Title
User avatar

Call me Ishmael.

Gender: Male

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:16 pm

Posts: 2434

AnsweringNOW wrote:
Has anyone considered the possibility that he could have been adopted? After all, Alfendy looks nothing like his father.

That's what I'm thinking as well.
Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247
Re: ~The Layton Brothers~Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Location: United States

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:09 pm

Posts: 2276

Yeah, I think Alfendy is adopted too.
Re: ~The Layton Brothers~Topic%20Title
User avatar

Call me Ishmael.

Gender: Male

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:16 pm

Posts: 2434

Or maybe he inherited most of his mother's looks?

Either way this is probably set in the future because they would have mentioned a son otherwise.
Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247
Re: ~The Layton Brothers~Topic%20Title
User avatar

I'm bad at puzzle solving..

Gender: Female

Location: The land of depressing weather.

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:17 am

Posts: 421

Marche Tobaye wrote:
Or maybe he inherited most of his mother's looks?

Either way this is probably set in the future because they would have mentioned a son otherwise.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN ALFENDY HAS A MOTHER

He has to be adopted. Layton isn't going anywhere romantically.

Spoiler: UW
I don't think he would ever dream of anything romantic after Claire.

Image
Professor Layton & The Lost Future. Best game ever.

I live everywhere and nowhere, usually as Kumori. My YouTube is 'WoodULikeSumCatFood', shamelessly ripped from a friend of mine.
Re: ~The Layton Brothers~Topic%20Title
User avatar

prosecuting never looked so good ;)

Gender: Male

Location: spain (UK origin)

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:17 pm

Posts: 288

WTF!

Ok i've calmed down, but i have a few questions.
1- Who's the mother of the layton bros? (emmy,katia,flora :payne: ?)
2- what's with the name? Alphendi Layton sounds more italian than BRITISH!
3- Why does he not look anything like his father? he dont even have a top hat or orange shirt and coat.
4- When are we gonna see the second son?

But, on a side note, the music from the trailer is freaking epic -LOVE IT-and stays true to the laytonesque smooth jazzy tune, but seems more like 1940's club jazz than the usual french-ish accordion tones.
When life gives you lemons, leave them and get a lollipop instead.

CHOO CHOO! ALL ABOARD THE HYPE EXPRESS!
Re: ~The Layton Brothers~Topic%20Title
User avatar

prosecuting never looked so good ;)

Gender: Male

Location: spain (UK origin)

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:17 pm

Posts: 288

zachariah Von-Karma wrote:
WTF!

Ok i've calmed down, but i have a few questions.
1- Who's the mother of the layton bros? (emmy,katia,flora :payne: ?)
2- what's with the name? Alphendi Layton sounds more italian than BRITISH!
3- Why does he not look anything like his father? he dont even have a top hat or orange shirt and coat.
4- When are we gonna see the second son?

But, on a side note, the music from the trailer is freaking epic -LOVE IT-and stays true to the laytonesque smooth jazzy tune, but seems more like 1940's club jazz than the usual french-ish accordion tones.



Also, now i'm seeing many, many comments made and fan art of the two, with a mario bros motif going on :redd: goddamn it
When life gives you lemons, leave them and get a lollipop instead.

CHOO CHOO! ALL ABOARD THE HYPE EXPRESS!
Page 1 of 1 [ 30 posts ] 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » Phoenix Wright » Labyrinthia (PLvsGS)

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO