Board index » Phoenix Wright » Labyrinthia (PLvsGS)

Page 1 of 1[ 9 posts ]

Don't fret AA fans. Layton vs Phoenix will turn this around.Topic%20Title

The Ace Attorney series isn't looking very healthy at the moment, particularly outside of Japan. AAI 2 is currently not being localised, and currently Layton vs Phoenix isn't announced over here and nor is any other Ace Attorney game. It's dark, miserable times and I'm worried about the future of Ace Attorney.

But there is a glimmer of hope that we must hold on to.

Professor Layton is a hugely popular character out here. Far more popular than our own Phoenix currently. Certainly in the UK, when each of his three stellar games came out, they were all best-sellers for weeks. He's not a million miles away from being a household name here. For this reason it seems likely that Layton vs Phoenix will get over here. And as long as that game makes it clear that Phoenix is a character with his own series of games, you'd better bet that his games will get a resurgence, and with this, maybe the situation of Ace Attorney will be improved of us. Maybe one day we will get AAI 2 on some platform.

My only worry is that this game is being released on the 3DS, and while I have one and think it's great, it hasn't taken off in the way Nintendo might've hoped. Still, with a good holiday season coming up for the console, it has a chance. I really think we have to believe in this, because if we don't believe in this, then we're looking at real dark days to be Ace Attorney fans. If this resurgence doesn't occur, it may be that Layton vs Phoenix will be the last Ace Attorney game we ever see, and that is a thought that is to me not palatable. Believe guys. Believe.

(I understand I probably haven't said anything new, but I just needed to get this off my chest)
Re: Don't fret AA fans. Layton vs Phoenix will turn this around.Topic%20Title

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

I still want Investigations 2 to come out one day
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.

元・超会社員級の管理人

Frankly, at this point I'm just hoping the project hasn't hit any development snags. Level-5 hasn't said hide nor hair of it since January when it got a very brief mention at Nintendo's 3DS promotional event.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Phoenix's all but confirmed appearance in the updated MvC3 will spark more interest too, I hope.

whut?

nevertalk wrote:
Phoenix's all but confirmed appearance in the updated MvC3 will spark more interest too, I hope.
Phoenix and Edgeworth already cameo'd in MarvelvsCapcom3, are you saying it's being remade?
Even if they were to become playable, I don't know if it's enough to "revive" a franchise, as it were...

EDIT: I certainly think the PWvPL game will help a LOT, especially if it gets an english release. Case in point: the trailer was enough to get me to pick up JFA and T&T and play them >:]

mashowasho wrote:
nevertalk wrote:
Phoenix and Edgeworth already cameo'd in MarvelvsCapcom3, are you saying it's being remade?

There's a "Super" MvC3 supposedly being announced at Comic Con and Nick's the most confirmed new character next to Strider Hiryu. With any luck all the people wondering why a lawyer is saving the Earth will check out his games and bolster sales of Capcom's best franchise.

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

nevertalk wrote:
mashowasho wrote:
nevertalk wrote:

There's a "Super" MvC3 supposedly being announced at Comic Con and Nick's the most confirmed new character next to Strider Hiryu. With any luck all the people wondering why a lawyer is saving the Earth will check out his games and bolster sales of Capcom's best franchise.

Yeah, Nick was originally slated for Tatsunoku vs Capcom but he was dropped because they couldn't create a move set for him. Can't wait for Comic-Con.
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.

I set unicorns on fire for fun. :D

Honestly, I think it can turn it around, too. Layton is too hugely popular for the game NOT to be released outside of Japan. Even in the U.S, Layton is pretty popular and has decent sales, as far as know. At least, he's more popular than Phoenix. Might be the casual appeal; I dunno. :yogi:

I'll probably throw a hissy fit if they don't release PLvsAA in NA due to the 3DS being region locked, but if they at least do a European release, there's hope yet. :godot:

Call me James

Unicornfire wrote:
Honestly, I think it can turn it around, too. Layton is too hugely popular for the game NOT to be released outside of Japan. Even in the U.S, Layton is pretty popular and has decent sales, as far as know. At least, he's more popular than Phoenix. Might be the casual appeal; I dunno. :yogi:

I'll probably throw a hissy fit if they don't release PLvsAA in NA due to the 3DS being region locked, but if they at least do a European release, there's hope yet. :godot:

Yeah, Layton is pretty massive. Especially in Europe. We have some sort of obsession with him, or something (and rightly so!) Also, one reason that Layton is more popular is due to the casual appeal, yes. But it's mostly due to the fact that more people know about him (hint hint advertising :edgeworth: ).

About the crossover, I'm thinking of not even bothering with a 3DS until that gets a European announcement. I'd rather not have to buy a slightly different version of the same console just to play one game. Just because, y'know? :gumshoe:
http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/9935-Akira_E ... 44a161.gif

"I love the thrill of a good solution!"
Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Labyrinthia (PLvsGS)